BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Prayer Requests

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Prayer Requests - Page 8 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:40 am

Praying for you, Mazzie
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:32 pm

I found a bible college (baptist) that is about 10 miles away from my house. So I'm very excited about that.

The problem is that the website does not offer much information (beyond degrees and requirements for degrees) in the neighborhood of tuition, financial aid, general information, etc.

I'm hoping to attend this college, as it is a Baptist college (which is want I want) and it's the closest bible college to my house.

I'm about to give them a call to get some information as well as learn more about the college. If you guys could say a quick prayer for me, I'd appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Got off the phone about two hours ago. I finally figured out what the tuition was, and.....

You're not going to believe this

For winter/spring semesters: $290 plus books.
For summer: $215 plus books.

It's an accredited private college, so it will not accept financial aid of any form from federal/state governments and private companies, so if I intend to use financial aid (which I'm not, considering i only need about $1,000 per semester. Full time work for 2 months and a couple weeks would be enough to get me through a full year), I'm going to have to pull it out directly to myself.

But, honestly, why pull out financial aid when I can pull together about $2000 - $2500 bucks in about 2 months to pay for it?
Back to top Go down
Matt

Number of posts : 7214

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:36 pm

cool to hear Smile

Could you guys pray for some guidance for me Smile I could use it Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal Blessing

Metal Blessing

Number of posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:43 pm

againsttheantichrist wrote:

For winter/spring semesters: $290 plus books.
For summer: $215 plus books.
Thats great. That seems like a good price. I'm going to a local Community college and thats about what I pay, and I do the same exact thing, I just pay out of my pocket, then theres nothing I need to pay back later.

All it requires is that I manage my money.

And Matt, I will pray for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalblessingradio.com
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:47 pm

You got it, Matt.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Number of posts : 7214

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:46 am

Thanks both of you,
I know it's not very 'specific', but it's really some general guidance I could use.

I often have to deal with decisions these days where several options seem to look like I'll have to go for 'the lesser of two evils' or 'nothing seems to be pretty bad', both of these situations make 'making decisions' extremely hard and could end up being not too fruitful for me.

So, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:08 pm

Pray for Michael Sweet and his family upon Kyle Sweet, Michael's wife, going back to God.
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:12 pm

She died?
Back to top Go down
laurenwrites

laurenwrites

Number of posts : 3763
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Praying for all you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lae1218
sedona

sedona

Number of posts : 599

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:18 pm

i am just here to ask for your continued prayers concerning my condition (whatever it might be) i have fallen into another flare (session of worsened symptoms) and it is just no fun not knowing what's wrong with me. my family is generally extremely healthy, and have lived into their 90's and beyond problem free! (my great grandma made it to 103 and was lively till the day she died!) but anyway, the only health issues in my family (and unfortunately serious ones) would be my grandpa with lupus, and his wife (my grandma) who died of cancer. i don't remember the type but it either started or ended up in her bones. (which makes me uneasy as i am experiencing bone pain) but is that relevant? who knows. i know i am showing signs of lupus.. but is that what i have? i don't know. all the waiting for doctors and not knowing is agonizing!

and a side vent note. Rolling Eyes

i haven't told like anybody except my bf and my two closest friends about what i'm dealing with.. in it's full extent. but i guess my mom has leaked some of it to her Bible study friends, and now i have ladies i hardly know asking me if i'm alright.. and really that kinda bugs me after awhile. i can't fully explain what on earth it's like to feel like me right now, so i have to dumb it down to "oh you know.. well i'm uh.. tiiired and stuff" and i try to give a shortened version but i'm always cut off with "oh don't we all feel that way!" and i'm thinking.. "uhh.. no. but ok" if someone doesn't want to hear what's really bothering me and just passes it off like that.. it honestly just starts to get annoying. Neutral maybe my social skills just need more work Razz

but sorry about that! i just felt like it all went together somehow..
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:20 am

Still praying for you, Sedona. Hopefully they'll be able to fully diagnose the problem so that others won't be so in the dark.
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:20 am

againsttheantichrist wrote:
She died?

Yes.
Back to top Go down
metalmennonite

metalmennonite

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:24 am

sedona wrote:
i am just here to ask for your continued prayers concerning my condition (whatever it might be) i have fallen into another flare (session of worsened symptoms) and it is just no fun not knowing what's wrong with me. my family is generally extremely healthy, and have lived into their 90's and beyond problem free! (my great grandma made it to 103 and was lively till the day she died!) but anyway, the only health issues in my family (and unfortunately serious ones) would be my grandpa with lupus, and his wife (my grandma) who died of cancer. i don't remember the type but it either started or ended up in her bones. (which makes me uneasy as i am experiencing bone pain) but is that relevant? who knows. i know i am showing signs of lupus.. but is that what i have? i don't know. all the waiting for doctors and not knowing is agonizing!

i haven't told like anybody except my bf and my two closest friends about what i'm dealing with.. in it's full extent. but i guess my mom has leaked some of it to her Bible study friends, and now i have ladies i hardly know asking me if i'm alright.. and really that kinda bugs me after awhile. i can't fully explain what on earth it's like to feel like me right now, so i have to dumb it down to "oh you know.. well i'm uh.. tiiired and stuff" and i try to give a shortened version but i'm always cut off with "oh don't we all feel that way!" and i'm thinking.. "uhh.. no. but ok" if someone doesn't want to hear what's really bothering me and just passes it off like that.. it honestly just starts to get annoying. Neutral maybe my social skills just need more work Razz

My wife has Lupus, so I have some understanding of the symptoms that you speak of. I will certainly keep you in prayer.

Blessings of health and healing be upon you! Praying
Back to top Go down
http://hmcfreeman.org
laurenwrites

laurenwrites

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:47 pm

sedona wrote:

I sooooo understand about people asking questions. I know how much it bothered me sometimes, not having a really anwser for them, and having to say "well... it's about the same" for a few years. People just ask to be polite and I hated it. I hope you can get a diagnosis to help with that soon.
Back to top Go down
sedona

sedona

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:04 pm

i have a funny prayer request.. kinda Razz

about three of four days ago i woke up with a rash? it looks like sunburn across my cheeks and over my nose bridge and it hasn't really gone away. seeing as how that's not exactly normal and it's the only visible symptom i have.. i'd kinda like it to stick around until i see the doctor. with my luck my only visible symptom i don't have to struggle to explain will disappear before then! so in a way, i'm praying for a rash. i'd rather it not fade away justt yet.

Rolling Eyes

i'm sorry about your wife, metalmennonite. i know it's a disease that can treat everyone differently, so i hope she is doing fine!!

praying for all you guys! grouphug
Back to top Go down
laurenwrites

laurenwrites

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Sedona you could take a picture and show it to the doctor just in case. I've had to do that with swelling in my knees before, because it would always go away like the day before I'd go.
Back to top Go down
Coffee_goddess

Coffee_goddess

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:54 am

sedona wrote:
i have a funny prayer request.. kinda Razz

about three of four days ago i woke up with a rash? it looks like sunburn across my cheeks and over my nose bridge and it hasn't really gone away. seeing as how that's not exactly normal and it's the only visible symptom i have.. i'd kinda like it to stick around until i see the doctor. with my luck my only visible symptom i don't have to struggle to explain will disappear before then! so in a way, i'm praying for a rash. i'd rather it not fade away justt yet.

Hey! That's a totally classic lupus symptom, maybe you're that much closer to a diagnosis!

I'm praying for you Sedona. I understand what you meant in your earlier post too, but I don't think the problem is your social skills, people just don't know how to deal I guess...
Here's hoping you feel better and get answers from doctors!
grouphug
Back to top Go down
laurenwrites

laurenwrites

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:12 pm

Hey guys, prolo is tomorrow at 4. This will be the 4th treatment so hopefully after this time will be when I'll be able to tell the most difference. I know the trick this time to make it a little less painful but prayers are still welcome.
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Sure thing, Lauren.
Back to top Go down
Coffee_goddess

Coffee_goddess

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:52 pm

Praying for you Lauren!

Yesterday, a student here at my college was killed in a car crash when he lost control and struck a telephone pole head-on. He was 20 years old. I had a couple classes with him, and although we weren't close friends, this is a painful thing. He was very close with his family, and they are having a very rough time. Please pray for the family and close friends of Bryan.

Bryan is the second student we've lost to a car wreck this semester.
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Will definitely be praying for Bryan's family.
Back to top Go down
sedona

sedona

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:27 pm

definitely.

and hope all goes well, lauren!
Back to top Go down
laurenwrites

laurenwrites

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:37 am

Thanks guys. It went well, they did way more this time! I think I'm getting used to it though, because I was able to go to church about three hours after I had it done. It was the last night of revival and Norm Airington was speaking again so I reaaallly wanted to see that. I took pillows and stuff and friends helped me around (to and from the car).
Today is okay, my cousin Aya and our friend Jimmie are on there way here now to make sure I'm okay while mom is at work. Should be pretty fun with them here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:38 am

Glad it went well, Lauren and that you're doing better with the therapy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests - Page 8 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Prayer Requests

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Prayer Request & Praises-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com