BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-08-25

What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Vide
PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:05 pm

Stop changing things and moving things around.... whether it's promo/spam or the radio or the new Untombed site.....

Good grief.... That probably the main reason that most folks stop....

It's like you get used to the way things work and feel comfortable and then they get changed without any input for the users.... or at least that's my impression.....

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Intense Millennium
Admin
Intense Millennium

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:14 pm

don't be so boring and old. change is good bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.intensemillennium.com
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:37 pm

Admin wrote:

Change is good, but everything in moderation.
Constantly changing comes across as indecisive.
Being extremely indecisive comes across as being mentally ill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Intense Millennium
Admin
Intense Millennium

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Hguols wrote:
Admin wrote:

Being extremely indecisive comes across as being mentally ill.

That's me Razz

Actually I'm always just trying to find a way to make things better and more attractive.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:45 pm

However what one thinks is better and more attractive just turns people off and they leave...

MySPace anyone?????

Not againt change at all.... But all things in Moderation.... not on a weekly basis.... That just means you're board and need a LIFE !!!! :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Intense Millennium
Admin
Intense Millennium

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:01 pm

mr.electric40 wrote:

Not againt change at all.... But all things in Moderation.... not on a weekly basis.... That just means you're board and need a LIFE !!!! :-)

It's true! Razz
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Well yeah, he runs a distro so he has no life Razz
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:36 pm

JeffdlS wrote:
Well yeah, he runs a distro so he has no life Razz

I must run a distro as well. ^_^

I had no ideer!
Back to top Go down
metalmennonite

metalmennonite

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:57 pm

I'll be honest, I haven't posted anything for months though I have been with this board nearly from its inception. That being said, at one time I was extremely active and felt a real sense of community here. I would post regularly and was encouraged by what I read. Overtime however, it seemed that the "mood" of the board changed. I felt that it was becoming more argumentative and thus it began to feel less "safe" to me. Further, I felt the language being used on the board was becoming more crude and not reflective of the principles upon which this board was founded. So, I began to pull away and eventually stopped posting altogether.

Do I believe anything can be done about it? Honestly, not really. The board is so large at this point that it would be difficult (impossible?) to recapture the energy and vibrancy of when it first began -- a community of like-minded (though not always in agreement) people who were passionate about music and respectful of one another.... That being said, I'm not advocating nostalgia; I'm merely lamenting a sense of loss (lost innocence? maybe. lost focus? possibly.).... Maybe, what I'm really saying is that my heart isn't in it right now. I'm looking for something and I'm having trouble finding it here as I once did. But, I'll try again. Maybe, after a time away I will find a renewed sense of what I formerly thought was gone.... Maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://hmcfreeman.org
Death over Life

Death over Life

Number of posts : 632
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:50 pm

metalmennonite wrote:
I'll be honest, I haven't posted anything for months though I have been with this board nearly from its inception. That being said, at one time I was extremely active and felt a real sense of community here. I would post regularly and was encouraged by what I read. Overtime however, it seemed that the "mood" of the board changed. I felt that it was becoming more argumentative and thus it began to feel less "safe" to me. Further, I felt the language being used on the board was becoming more crude and not reflective of the principles upon which this board was founded. So, I began to pull away and eventually stopped posting altogether.

Do I believe anything can be done about it? Honestly, not really. The board is so large at this point that it would be difficult (impossible?) to recapture the energy and vibrancy of when it first began -- a community of like-minded (though not always in agreement) people who were passionate about music and respectful of one another.... That being said, I'm not advocating nostalgia; I'm merely lamenting a sense of loss (lost innocence? maybe. lost focus? possibly.).... Maybe, what I'm really saying is that my heart isn't in it right now. I'm looking for something and I'm having trouble finding it here as I once did. But, I'll try again. Maybe, after a time away I will find a renewed sense of what I formerly thought was gone.... Maybe.

I know what you are saying overall. I do admit that I have been at fault for causing mayhem throughout at times, but most of the time, it is hard to have a great and intelectual discussion here. (Of course there are great exeptions, so I must personally thank graybeard tremendously!)

In all honesty, most discussions are either constant (Post for the win!) kind of agreement or (Burn Heretic!) kind of flaming. I'm still having scars from Mark for that kind of flaming (though I turned around and called Him a Pagan for calling me Macedonianist, something I don't agree with), so, I think the best thing to do is just relax and stop taking everything so seriously. Then again, the fact I have to do that to avoid my temper tantrums is kind of sad.

It is just with all the forums I've ever created an account on (3, so it's not much but still) I find that I butt heads way more on the Christian forums than I do on a Secular/Satanic forum. I admit, sometimes I advocate it, but most of the time, I can't get a straight answer out of a regular Christian. The only ones I can truly relate and discuss with civily (Christian wise) on Christianity are the Highly Intelectual and the ones who have really researched over their entire lives.

Then again, despite all this, I would never trade it in, because this Christian forum has 1 thing that no other Christian thread has, which is why I find this place so respectable: The FREEDOM of EXPRESSION! The other forum I have an account on, the mods would edit and take out etc. on content they approve or disapproved of, yet here, unless it is highly offensive, they don't do anything and let the problem sort itself out. Usually, it does on it's own or just dies out without the need to close a thread.

So, I do know what you are saying, but the hinderance imo, is Truly a blessing in disguise!
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:50 pm

metalmennonite wrote:

I'm sure if James wanted to crack the whip, he could have a complete forum conduct change (with a handful of people out of here) - but that in itself isn't really constructive in the grand scheme of things. The forum is the way that it is because people feel free to be themselves. This is good.

Personalities are bound to conflict, but that's ok. At least we're not overrun with trolls, bots or idiots - in my opinion we're not. I can literally choose to focus on the similarities, rather than the differences. If it doesn't apply, let it fly.

I'm certainly not the perfect poster with the spotless attitude, cleanest mouth or the most helpful/informative person. I do what I can to contribute, maybe get a laugh or two. I don't view this place as a "victim of its own success". It's just a success.

I think to cease or decline in posting because of other people's behaviors, or the forum's atmosphere leaves you feeling vulnerable.... is a sad excuse. It would be nice if you would practice assertiveness, step up and be an elder/role model here, (especially since you've been here for so long) rather than cower out of the way.

My apologies if that sounded harsh. I'm a person of action - if something's not to my liking, I either do what I can to change it, or I accept it for what it is. I'm not one to go abandoning.

Last edited by Hguols on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
FireProphet

FireProphet

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Hguols wrote:
I think to cease or decline in posting because of other people's behaviors, or the forum's atmosphere leaves you feeling vulnerable.... is a sad excuse. It would be nice if you would practice assertiveness, step up and be an elder/role model here, (especially since you've been here for so long) rather than cower out of the way.
You do have a point. If a person wants a certain vibe to the forum, they should contribute that. It won't magically happen.

Things do get a little too hormonally juvenile here at times... I don't care enough to make an issue out of it though.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:01 pm

Adversity and even hostility surfacing every so often is pretty much inevitable for an active forum with lots of members. When more members join, the diversity of attitudes and personal values naturally increases, and then flame wars happen because people tend to be passionate about what they think. But the amount of insight and intelligent discussion increases at the same time. The key to keeping things civil and fair (at least on your part, which does make a difference, perhaps more than you realize) is to respect your fellow man's personal life experience and perspective the best you can, even if it's a lot different than your own. Everybody's different, but if everyone saw eye to eye on every issue, there wouldn't be much point to conversation in the first place.
Back to top Go down
CorpulentCripple

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:53 am

Personally I think that it should be Slightly more strict on moderating the boards, in the past it seems like the theological discussions were...one sided almost, FS Had the same problem and that's what i liked about it here originally, As someone who holds to Reformed theology, or Calvinism, I was happy to find a place where i could express it, and it seems like that's not so easy these days (i havent posted here in a while, but not for any other reason than...i'm a facebook addict hahaha)

now what do I think would be fair, in handling theology? I think the theology admins should all have a strong suit in a particular stance they hold to theologically, for instance, A calvinist, an Arminian, a pentecostal, a Catholic...etc etc, they dont have to necessarily "BE" these things, but they should know what they actually believe, Because I know when talking about my reformed/calvinistic beliefs, me, and other Reformed guys here (broc, Phil and bryan) have been misrepresented very badly, just a suggestion,
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:05 pm

I am tempted to post less cause it is fatiguing getting stalked by Tom on everyone of my posts for typo's and whatever else he feels like stalking me for.

Beyond that.. I agree with James. Change is good. And no.. you don't need Change in moderation.. that is boring! What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
I am tempted to post less cause it is fatiguing getting stalked by Tom on everyone of my posts for typo's and whatever else he feels like stalking me for.

Beyond that.. I agree with James. Change is good. And no.. you don't need Change in moderation.. that is boring! What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_razz

Ash, if I didn't like you, I'd ignore you.

I reply to anyone who deserves it.
Congratulations! You fit the bill!

Back to top Go down
Ethereal Messenger

Ethereal Messenger

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:51 pm

I think It would be good to sort of merge the Untombed and Blabberboard sites. That way its just blabberboard on steroids! And I think the arcade thing is a good idea. To check out some topics and comment and then listen to the radio and toss a penguin over some bears to hit a target sounds like a good night to me! Thats some of my thoughts!

I love this site though none the less!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/etherealmessenger
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:30 pm

Hguols wrote:
Kamerad Ash wrote:

Ash, if I didn't like you, I'd ignore you.

I reply to anyone who deserves it.
Congratulations! You fit the bill!

So, in other words.. it's all about what you want to do. You have no respect for other people.

.. " I want to keep harassing you cause I " insert excuses".

The real reason is, is that you are a bully, who hasn't grown out of bullying yet. Like I mentioned before, you should really work on that. It will get in the way of much of your life and distract from what your life could be.

Let's follow this all up now with "laughing" about it, Tom.

Bleh, blah, bleh.. Your predictable to the point of total annoyance, like one of the bullying kids in elementary school.

Now let's follow this up with a comment on spelling.

Here's a thought, consider what other people think or "want", not just yourself, Tom. See, in doing that, you can become a man and maybe even a "gentleman" someday.

Until then, there are alot of 18 and 19 years here that are more mature than you are, by far. You could learn from them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com