BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 10:52 pm

BOXXYBABEEBROOTAL wrote:
Yeah haha.
I say we need a dance forum. Twisted Evil
JAMES!
MAKE A FRIKIN DANCE PROGRAM ON BJR!

you need to calm down techno-kid *hands you a ritalin*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Death over Life

Death over Life

Number of posts : 632
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 10:59 pm

DrawnsworD wrote:
I'm in no way against all the other non-metal fourms, and i see the good and importance of them. It is just odd to see them get more attention when our common interest is Christ and metal.
Anyway, i like that the Christian metal fourm is at the top of the board now.

I do get what you are saying overall, but by the end of the night, you cannot properly discuss about Christian metal without getting to the theology of Christian metal sooner or later, lest as other's have said, it stagnates and dies.

Metal or no Metal, I find Christ more important than music, so I put all my efforts on Him. I used to constantly defend so much on listening to non-Christian music, but I've gotten tired of it, because music really does nothing but bring entertainment to me. Truly lifestyle changes come from the theological portion. I mean, I thought that was the True Heart and Essence of Christian metal: To bring those as close to Christ as possible while learning about Him via the message/Gospel/Scriptures/Sermon/lyrics.

It is just some learn from Music (I have quite a bit actually) and some learn from discussions on theology (as I have as well). The music for me was the stepping stone, and the theology just shot me on fire like a rocket, so I do see there being a great need in at least the theology forums for non-Christian metal forums. As for the rest, I personally do see what you mean and find it weird as well, but they serve a purpose unless BB really dies off.

olias wrote:
NapalmDave))) wrote:
The funeral mist thread would be a good place to start, people are taking a pictureof crucified babies and a dude trying to liken himself to jesus, how in the hell is that not anti god, i know its in the secular section but thats not the point

I like funeral mist, but I don't kid myself about whether it's blasphemous or not. Arioch would probably get a chuckle out of christians trying to convince themselves that his cover art isn't blasphemous.

After mis-reading that and re-reading it again, if you could get Arioch to come here even if just to prove or disprove what you said, you would be a personal hero of mine! I don’t know Arioch as a person, but I think many of us on here could show him that Christians aren’t so bad when you aren’t around the bad ones.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 11:07 pm

Quote :
Metal or no Metal, I find Christ more important than music, so I put all my efforts on Him. I used to constantly defend so much on listening to non-Christian music, but I've gotten tired of it, because music really does nothing but bring entertainment to me.

i reached this conclusion as well recently, thanks to some of your insights, and some of my own i can listen to all the christian music i want, and i can listen to all the satanic BM i want, in the end its just music, i do find christian music spiritually uplifting and useful for worship, but i used to be so hard on refusing to listen to secular metal and especially satanic metal, im not that way anymore, of course if i find lyrics very offensive i wont listen to them, but most true BM is not offensive. take dimmu borgir for example while i understand they arent true per-say, their lyrics are very artistic, and do not offend me, nattefrost has a song about raping a pre-teen, that is very offensive, even if they are just screwing around.
Back to top Go down
Death over Life

Death over Life

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 11:22 pm

wizardovmetal wrote:
Quote :
Metal or no Metal, I find Christ more important than music, so I put all my efforts on Him. I used to constantly defend so much on listening to non-Christian music, but I've gotten tired of it, because music really does nothing but bring entertainment to me.

i reached this conclusion as well recently, thanks to some of your insights, and some of my own i can listen to all the christian music i want, and i can listen to all the satanic BM i want, in the end its just music, i do find christian music spiritually uplifting and useful for worship, but i used to be so hard on refusing to listen to secular metal and especially satanic metal, im not that way anymore, of course if i find lyrics very offensive i wont listen to them, but most true BM is not offensive. take dimmu borgir for example while i understand they arent true per-say, their lyrics are very artistic, and do not offend me, nattefrost has a song about raping a pre-teen, that is very offensive, even if they are just screwing around.

I forgot to mention though, I've been on both sides of the battles. They both led me to the same conclusion, especially we need to be aware Christian Metal (or non-Christian metal) doesn't slide into blind hatred, idolatry, and unrighteous judging, like what I did when I was in a Christian music only stance for a little bit.

Then I occasionally go anti-Christian metal because the whole way a lot of it is done really feels more plastic and heartless to me (or I should say soul less) and a lot of the lyrics look like they were written by a mere child, no offense to anybody, just my views on a lot of it. Theme I'm going for on the Christian metal is a lot of it is garbage because we comprimise the art for the message, which you get a more badass version from the Scriptures themselves. In essence, the Scriptures sort of devalues the Christian Metal despite the fact that they are supposed to work together.

Just because I said that doesn't mean that I think all Christian bands do this. Sure they might not be the best, but my personal favorites like Horde, Elgibbor, Slechtvalk etc. I've felt some really great passion and art from them. Last but not least, one size doesn't fit all, so this is just me.
Back to top Go down
trephining

trephining

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 12:09 am

I am not too sure as how to get the board more active, but I have found that I am not posting in a lot of the threads because, to be honest, I am not interested in a lot of the topics.
I do like the fact that the music section is on top.
Back to top Go down
Intense Millennium
Admin
Intense Millennium

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 12:22 am

A few people have now mentioned not being interested in what is being posted. If this is the case why not start threads that do interest you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.intensemillennium.com
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 12:24 am

lol seriously. stop being a post leech! be a supplier!
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 12:25 am

BOXXYBABEEBROOTAL wrote:
Yeah haha.
JAMES!

Well.. there is a song Called Dancing is like Heaven! SO yea.. dancing forum.

Laughing

(Sorry, I couldn't resist ).. feel free to remove this.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 12:26 am

im gonna have to say no on that one.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 12:34 am

rough crowd Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 12:42 am

oontzoontzoontzpraisejesusoontzoontz
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 12:43 am

hes bewitching me ahhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
FireProphet

FireProphet

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 3:01 am

FireProphet wrote:
I miss the gateway link from the vault page that leads here
Magic! I see it's still there... just without the image to tell me it is. I will use this invisible link and be happy.
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 7:43 am

Kamerad Ash wrote:
BOXXYBABEEBROOTAL wrote:
Yeah haha.
JAMES!

Well.. there is a song Called Dancing is like Heaven! SO yea.. dancing forum.

Laughing

(Sorry, I couldn't resist ).. feel free to remove this.

I wanna go there.
That song rocks.
DANGET.
MORE CHRISTIAN DANCE BANDS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
Death over Life

Death over Life

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 9:47 am

Admin wrote:
A few people have now mentioned not being interested in what is being posted. If this is the case why not start threads that do interest you?

Well, on me doing this, why I don’t really make threads anymore is because outside of that Holy Trinity thread way back when, just about every single thread I’ve ever created has garnered a ghost town, and this is going on EVERY forum I’ve ever posted on, not just blabberboard. Many of what I’m interested in talking about, nobody else is.

So, at least in defense of those who do this, I would personally not be fond of coming on here and seeing 20,000 new threads that only have 1 or 2 posts in them for the entire thread, only for it to go to the archives or even just deleted. I guess you could say I was heavily discouraged to make threads the hard way.
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 11:44 am

Death over Life wrote:
Admin wrote:

Well, on me doing this, why I don’t really make threads anymore is because outside of that Holy Trinity thread way back when, just about every single thread I’ve ever created has garnered a ghost town, and this is going on EVERY forum I’ve ever posted on, not just blabberboard. Many of what I’m interested in talking about, nobody else is.

So, at least in defense of those who do this, I would personally not be fond of coming on here and seeing 20,000 new threads that only have 1 or 2 posts in them for the entire thread, only for it to go to the archives or even just deleted. I guess you could say I was heavily discouraged to make threads the hard way.

Not coming down on just you, so don't think I am, but that will happen to some members of a board no matter what you do.

Two key questions:

1) What is the thread about?
2) Why should I care?

Hit both of those points (1 is easy.....its 2 thats often difficult), and you'll have an active thread.

The board is focused around music, so stay focused in music. If you go off the beaten path, you may raise your chances of having a dead thread.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 4:01 pm

New logo is pretty badass.
Back to top Go down
Death over Life

Death over Life

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 4:16 pm

againsttheantichrist wrote:
Death over Life wrote:
Admin wrote:

Not coming down on just you, so don't think I am, but that will happen to some members of a board no matter what you do.

Two key questions:

2) Why should I care?

Hit both of those points (1 is easy.....its 2 thats often difficult), and you'll have an active thread.

The board is focused around music, so stay focused in music. If you go off the beaten path, you may raise your chances of having a dead thread.

I know what you are saying, but that still doesn't seem to work. Yes, I have made threads dedicated to music on music forums, still nothing.

For me, I hit both of those points easily, because (Holy Trinity thread for example and Virgin Birth) I make threads that puts the spotlight on Christianity if it is a real faith or just a bunch of lies, and yet, not many replies for anything. Yes, I know this is mainly a Christian site, but if somebody is struggling or having questions about the faith (Christian or not), the thread at hand shouldn't be going to the trash bin, especially since the Christian faith or even the faith and salvation of somebody is on the line.

It doesn't matter what the subject is, whether it's life changing or just a bunch of rantings/nonsense, my threads don't really get many (if any) replies. From what I've really seen, not many people really care to discuss on important matters, and those that do, just regurgitate what they've been taught without putting any form of insight into the views. That btw, really just destroys the whole point of threads and forums if we aren't going to get to the Crux of Christian Metal at all: Christ!

If Christian metal is only going to be about music, then stop calling it Christian since it is no different than secular metal. That is what I'm trying to speak of per say.
Back to top Go down
jeff

jeff

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 7:31 pm

I like what you've done to the board, James!
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 24, 2010 10:12 pm

LastFirstborn wrote:
New logo is pretty badass.
+1. I dig it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
Matt

Number of posts : 7214

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 25, 2010 4:13 am

I personally would LOVE a dance/electronic music forum. really.
Back to top Go down
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 1540
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 25, 2010 9:48 am

Matt wrote:
I personally would LOVE a dance/electronic music forum. really.

What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
againsttheantichrist

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 25, 2010 10:31 am

Death over Life wrote:
againsttheantichrist wrote:
Death over Life wrote:
Admin wrote:

Two key questions:

2) Why should I care?

I know what you are saying, but that still doesn't seem to work. Yes, I have made threads dedicated to music on music forums, still nothing.

For me, I hit both of those points easily, because (Holy Trinity thread for example and Virgin Birth) I make threads that puts the spotlight on Christianity if it is a real faith or just a bunch of lies, and yet, not many replies for anything. Yes, I know this is mainly a Christian site, but if somebody is struggling or having questions about the faith (Christian or not), the thread at hand shouldn't be going to the trash bin, especially since the Christian faith or even the faith and salvation of somebody is on the line.

It doesn't matter what the subject is, whether it's life changing or just a bunch of rantings/nonsense, my threads don't really get many (if any) replies. From what I've really seen, not many people really care to discuss on important matters, and those that do, just regurgitate what they've been taught without putting any form of insight into the views. That btw, really just destroys the whole point of threads and forums if we aren't going to get to the Crux of Christian Metal at all: Christ!

If Christian metal is only going to be about music, then stop calling it Christian since it is no different than secular metal. That is what I'm trying to speak of per say.

It also depends on other factors such as poster reputation and site on which the topic is on.

For example, if I were to believe in a heresy, it would be a bad idea to make a post defending it in a biblical exegesis forum (for obvious reasons).

It would also be a bad idea to post in a solid-grounded Christian forum as well, since I will lose reputation faster than you can blink.

There's many other factors, but the four primary ones above tend to be key.
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 25, 2010 10:39 am

I do like the changes you've made thus far james, good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dave80tunes
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 3067
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 25, 2010 10:43 am

NapalmDave))) wrote:
I do like the changes you've made thus far james, good job

2nd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com