BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Death over Life

Death over Life

Number of posts : 632
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02

What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 5:49 pm

NapalmDave))) wrote:
Well after i went and looked again i guess you all are right, The stuff i was complaining about is largely gone, So i stand corrected, But the thing that made me mad about the funeral mist pic was the dead babies, only a complete piece of sh.t would say a picture of a crucified baby is art, and i dont give a crap who that offends, But for the other stuff i am glad to see it gone, I love this board and always will

Now, with everything taken into context, I have no problems discussing that. We can make a separate thread if needs be, because this should be the last time I post about that on the how to make the forums better thread.

You have every right to have the views you have and view. By the end of the night, I'm really just making sure you aren't holding to a double standard. Why I say this is because, with what has just been spoken of, from my view, I feel that in addition to calling Funeral Mist's album *, you should also be calling everyone from Frost Like Ashes * for doing something vaguely similar with the mutilated babies. (Born to Peices/Vinyl cover anyone? In fact, so controvertial it was banned from Myspace).

I'm nowhere near trying to invoke offensiveness, or a war, but I don't see why it is * when Funeral Mist put crucified babies on crosses and it is not art, while it is A-OK for Frost Like Ashes doing the same thing with a mutilated bloodied baby leg with a doctor holding it. (Unlike Funeral Mist, FLA's cover was in color, but both covers really look like they were drawn, so FLA being allowed while Funeral Mist is * is a double standard to me). I don't know your views on FLA, but I'm really stating that I feel what you view applies to everyone, not just non-Christians.

Apologize for the temp thread derail, if this continues, we'll get another thread going.
Back to top Go down
Intense Millennium
Admin
Intense Millennium

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 5:54 pm

Let's not make this thread about any specific person or their actions, or anything like that. I'm just looking for ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.intensemillennium.com
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 5:54 pm

How about cake every Sunday morning?
Back to top Go down
Intense Millennium
Admin
Intense Millennium

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 5:58 pm

JeffdlS wrote:

Only if it's lo-carb bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.intensemillennium.com
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Admin wrote:
JeffdlS wrote:

Only if it's lo-carb bounce

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
FireProphet

FireProphet

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 6:09 pm

DrawnsworD wrote:
delete every fourm except the Christian metal fourm and get back to the roots of what this is all about.
Extreme, but it definitely makes sense. Back in the old days I spent on Firestream, people were always sharing their thoughts on new Christian albums. There was a thread for each it seemed. That's scarce here and even the new FS has this flaw, with the exception of huge releases by bands like AILD, NJ, or DH. Pretty lame. Apparently, many of us have either out grown Christ inspired music or just collect and collect what's released without discussing it. It's not that hard to fix by example, though. I recently noticed this and would've tried to do something about it but I see now I was a lil put-off over being censored for casually mentioning NH. That didn't make me feel very free to express thoughts here.
That could be something that inhibits discussion, too. Not that exactly, but the musical interests of posters here could make some feel less free to discussion. Some people here make Christian music but don't listen to any. That makes it hard to create a lively atmosphere to get that going. Again, all easily fixed by example of just one or two posters who are willing to not just post, 'Hey, so and so has this album.' Give real thoughts on music and lyrics.

Kamerad Ash wrote:
There is an ebb and flow to everything.. don't expect it to always be busy.. and don't get all worried when it isn't.

This is my favorite of the Christian metal forums.. due to the liberal moderating.. among other reasons..
This, too. It doesn't seem that bad to me.

The only things detracting from me as of late were the viruses and that I miss the gateway link from the vault page that leads here Wink I only need one bookmark that way. BUT if the image at the top of blabberboard actually led to the vault where it says "Music Vault" that would work, too.
I know, always something.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 6:09 pm

I think if people got out more they wouldn't take internet forums so overly serious.

Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
DrawnsworD

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 6:34 pm

FireProphet wrote:
DrawnsworD wrote:
delete every fourm except the Christian metal fourm and get back to the roots of what this is all about.
Extreme, but it definitely makes sense. Back in the old days I spent on Firestream, people were always sharing their thoughts on new Christian albums. There was a thread for each it seemed. That's scarce here and even the new FS has this flaw, with the exception of huge releases by bands like AILD, NJ, or DH. Pretty lame. Apparently, many of us have either out grown Christ inspired music or just collect and collect what's released without discussing it. It's not that hard to fix by example, though. I recently noticed this and would've tried to do something about it but I see now I was a lil put-off over being censored for casually mentioning NH. That didn't make me feel very free to express thoughts here.
That could be something that inhibits discussion, too. Not that exactly, but the musical interests of posters here could make some feel less free to discussion. Some people here make Christian music but don't listen to any. That makes it hard to create a lively atmosphere to get that going. Again, all easily fixed by example of just one or two posters who are willing to not just post, 'Hey, so and so has this album.' Give real thoughts on music and lyrics.

I have had the same thoughts FireProphet, yeah old FS used to be full on discussing Christian metal albums and bands, i miss that type of activity. Here its like people are here for the general chit-chat etc more than metal. Your right, Some people here that make Christian music but don't listen to any is an off putting atmosphere, and they generally only post about there own music, but as you say all it takes is two to get things rolling.
I also hate the censorship for other labels, it really would be free without it , i know its put people off coming here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/drawnswordgraphix
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 6:47 pm

haha. such an obsession with METAL. Not all heavy musik now-a-days is metal. and not all Christian heavy musik is metal either.. or traditional metal for that matter.

90 percent of "metalheads" do not jsut listen to metal either.. so I think having a board only focus on metal is good way to not exist for very long as an active board.

Lately I've just been listening to silly musik that makes me less serious when I listen to it. cause I need the therapy of being less serious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
DrawnsworD

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Well, i listen to a great deal of 1970's and early 80's Dub and Roots Reggae, all heavy weight stuff, but i'm hardly going to get discussion about it here. I only come here to talk about Christ influenced metal.
I know my comment is extreme and likely would never happen, but i would do it and get rid of everyone who has nothing to say about Christ influenced metal.
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 7:09 pm

Agreed on all counts
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dave80tunes
Death over Life

Death over Life

Number of posts : 632
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 7:13 pm

DrawnsworD wrote:
Well, i listen to a great deal of 1970's and early 80's Dub and Roots Reggae, all heavy weight stuff, but i'm hardly going to get discussion about it here. I only come here to talk about Christ influenced metal.
I know my comment is extreme and likely would never happen, but i would do it and get rid of everyone who has nothing to say about Christ influenced metal.

This wouldn't include those who would mainly talk negatively of it would it? Just making sure, because criticism has led to great albums being made.
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 7:19 pm

1. More Cowbell.
2. Free cake.
3. Get rid of untombed...I like it...but thats the main problem with attendence.
4. Greater variety of shows???
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
DrawnsworD

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 7:22 pm

Death over Life wrote:
DrawnsworD wrote:

This wouldn't include those who would mainly talk negatively of it would it? Just making sure, because criticism has led to great albums being made.

No way. All constructive or harsh criticism makes for better, heated discussion in my view. I'v seen threads locked up because of this, i dont see the harm in it. Its all opinion.
Back to top Go down
GothiChild

GothiChild

Number of posts : 2005

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 7:27 pm

erm...

- there are way too many sub-forums (just noticed they are gone!! YAY! )
- it seems some people have a hard time staying on topics.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
haha. such an obsession with METAL. Not all heavy musik now-a-days is metal. and not all Christian heavy musik is metal either.. or traditional metal for that matter.

90 percent of "metalheads" do not jsut listen to metal either.. so I think having a board only focus on metal is good way to not exist for very long as an active board.

Lately I've just been listening to silly musik that makes me less serious when I listen to it. cause I need the therapy of being less serious.

agreed, most metal-heads are metal heads because of an artistic appreciation for music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Quote :

DrawnsworD wrote:

That would actually cause me to leave the forums permanently. Why I frequently visit the site is due to discussing about the faith, since I don’t really care or really listen to Christian metal anymore, although I do still love some bands like Elgibbor and Slechtvalk.

i would also leave if this happened. this board is so much more then "christian metal" if it wasnt for this board, i would still be a satanist, not to mention some of the great insights LV has contributed on the end times. this board has done ALOT for me spiritually. i can count on the people here (most of them) for support in faith as well.

i like the "openness" of this place, deleting forums is a really bad idea.

as far as trolls go, the only one ive seen since ive been here would be santa(winterband), and hes suspended right now anyways.
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 8:04 pm

wizardovmetal wrote:
Quote :

DrawnsworD wrote:

That would actually cause me to leave the forums permanently. Why I frequently visit the site is due to discussing about the faith, since I don’t really care or really listen to Christian metal anymore, although I do still love some bands like Elgibbor and Slechtvalk.

i would also leave if this happened. this board is so much more then "christian metal" if it wasnt for this board, i would still be a satanist, not to mention some of the great insights LV has contributed on the end times. this board has done ALOT for me spiritually. i can count on the people here (most of them) for support in faith as well.
Agreed.
I love this forum and all the insights Ive learned in my faith.
I may not agree with all the ideologies here, but I do respect them and this forum has opened me up to try so many different things. I mean im writing lyrics and poetry because of Metal music found on this forum.
Back to top Go down
DrawnsworD

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 9:20 pm

I'm in no way against all the other non-metal fourms, and i see the good and importance of them. It is just odd to see them get more attention when our common interest is Christ and metal.
Anyway, i like that the Christian metal fourm is at the top of the board now.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 9:23 pm

well there is only so much to talk about when it comes to christian metal. if thats all that went on here this board would truly be dead
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Yeah haha.
I say we need a dance forum. Twisted Evil
JAMES!
MAKE A FRIKIN DANCE PROGRAM ON BJR!
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 9:39 pm

wizardovmetal wrote:
well there is only so much to talk about when it comes to christian metal. if thats all that went on here this board would truly be dead

yep
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 10:36 pm

NapalmDave))) wrote:
The funeral mist thread would be a good place to start, people are taking a pictureof crucified babies and a dude trying to liken himself to jesus, how in the hell is that not anti god, i know its in the secular section but thats not the point

I like funeral mist, but I don't kid myself about whether it's blasphemous or not. Arioch would probably get a chuckle out of christians trying to convince themselves that his cover art isn't blasphemous.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 10:40 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
I think if people got out more they wouldn't take internet forums so overly serious.

Razz

this.

I noticed you don't rant as much as you used to. I am getting bored with looking at band plugs, start complaining about republicans again.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh

Sutekh

Number of posts : 1356

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 10:47 pm

It's all about options and a question of time. I'm on a number of boards, but at this point in my life, don't post a lot with time restrictions and family life. I made BB my main forum when FS went down, and whilst I post very occasionally on the new FS, i prefer the openness of BB. There are many other Christian metal boards, and with Untombed attracting many new folks, the emphasis seems to be there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?   What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What needs to be done to get The BlabberBoard more active again?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com