BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone here work out or exercise?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 8:00 pm

ehh...125, 4 sets, 10 reps each. I am not usually one to do marathon lifts like that, but that is how my buddy JJ showed me. I usually do one warm up set, and then do a second set where I lift to failure, and I try to load enough weight so that I cannot lift past 10 reps. I do it the Mike Mentzer way Smile

Next time I am going to do it my usual way with a lot more weight. High-intensity workouts like I do them do not allow for such repetitious marathon workouts because of there intensity.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Yeah, I usually do 1 set for 5 reps.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 7:43 pm

I did two bench records today! One for a max, and one for reps. I had a great workout! I am so geeked out!
(I'm copying and pasting what I can from a couple weeks ago because I can't type too well right now)

Here's what I did for my entire workout today. I started approximately 4pm and finished about 6:30pm. This is all free weights by the way.

Warm up bench 155lbs, no grip open palm - 7 reps VERY S-L-O-W-L-Y.
One rep of 370lbs on the bench press. MY CURRENT HIGH MAX!!!! Spotters didn't touch at all!

1st set of bench 295lbs - Got 9 myself (HOLY CRAP!!!), spotter road with me to get 10.
Curls: 1st set of 10 with 70lb dumbbell, right arm, then left
Shoulders: 1st set of 15 with 70lbs.
Popeyes (wrist curls) 1st set of 30 with 40lbs. Right arm, then left.

2nd set of bench 295lbs - Got 8 myself, spotter road with me to get 10. (^_^)
Curls: 2nd set of 15 with 40lb dumbbell, left arm, then right.
Shoulders: 2nd set of 15 with 70lb.
Popeyes (wrist curls) 2nd set of 30 with 40lbs. Left arm, then right.

3rd set of bench 295lbs - Got 6 myself, spotter road with me to get 9. (getting tired!)
Curls: 3rd set of 10 with 70lb dumbbell, right arm, then left
Shoulders: 3rd set of 15 with 70lbs.
Popeyes (wrist curls) 3rd set of 30 with 40lbs. Right arm, then left.

1st set of incline dumbbells - 16 reps with 80lb dumbbells
Curls: 4th set of 15 with 40lb dumbbell, left arm, then right.
Shoulders: 4th set of 15 with 70lb.
Popeyes (wrist curls) 4th set of 30 with 40lbs. Left arm, then right.

2nd set of incline dumbbells - 16 reps with 80lb dumbbells
Curls: 5th set of 15 with 40lb dumbbell, right arm, then left.
Shoulders: 5th set of 15 with 70lbs.
Popeyes (wrist curls) 5th set of 30 with 40lbs. Left arm, then right.

3 sets of 10 reps barbell pullovers with 155lbs.

Abwork:
100 jackknifes
100 Lower ab Pilates
100 jackknifes
100 Lower Ab Pilates
100 jackknifes
100 Lower ab Pilates
400 "side ups" (targets love handles) - 200 left, then 200 right.

I don't know what they're called, but a bar behind my neck, arms extended and twist. Works abs and lower back.
100 of those.

Some cardio machine at the highest resistance for like 10 minutes.

Soundtrack blaring in the gym while working out. (played the entire albums)

Brain Drill - Quantum Catastrophe (played through several times)
Hguols - Celestial Powers Intervened To True Supremacy (pre-release - I'm a whore)
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Squatted 290, so that was cool. I tried it on Saturday, but due to not eating enough to recover, I hit failure on the second set.

Had to reset my bench, due to form issues. Did an easy 225x3x5 today, so I'm getting it back up.

Oh, and a friend of mine benched 345 today. Badass.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 11:17 pm

Tallerthanatree wrote:
Squatted 290, so that was cool. I tried it on Saturday, but due to not eating enough to recover, I hit failure on the second set.

Had to reset my bench, due to form issues. Did an easy 225x3x5 today, so I'm getting it back up.

Do you have a spotter on the bench with you? I'd suggest (and it's certainly not directions, but this works for my growth) that you get someone to spot you and ride with you for a few extra reps.

Turn those 3 reps into 5's or 7's, with the person overhead helping you just enough to where you can get those additional reps.

....a good spotter will still make you work for it. As long as its moving, you're cool, and that's for prime growing. Much better than racking it at 3.
A bad spotter will lift it for you, essentially robbing you of additional growth. Might as well rack it at 3.
A really bad spotter will let it set on your neck, or pull just on one side.... lets not go there, as it most likely involves a beating with a dumbbell afterwords.

Once again, just a suggestion.

....and your friend benching 345 is badass. That's a lot of weight!
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 11:35 pm

IF you guys spent as much energy eating right as you do with working out.. you'd have 110 percent better results with overall fitnesss strength and health.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 11:46 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
IF you guys spent as much energy eating right as you do with working out.. you'd have 110 percent better results with overall fitnesss strength and health.

I eat and work out to get the results I want. It's working for me.

I would probably not do well on your diet, or your lack of working out, because I have no desire to have smooth and lustrous girl arms I can place rubber bands around.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Hanz and Franz say they are going to Pump- Yoouuu.. Up!

I doubt you'd be able to handle my level of working out, whic his my job. It's called carpet laying 5 to 6 days a week. Carrying 100 to 300 lbs pieces of carpet pad, tools, patch around all day.. walking .. and up and down on your knee's and back all day.. kicking,, up and down staira all day.. you name it. Man, I can barely handle it half the time.

Lifting some heavy weights until your tired would be like a vacation.

.. if you want my honest opinion Hgouls and please don't get offended.. you look flabby and slightly bloated., That's why I mentioned diet. Not enough enzyme rich food and you get bloated typically.. cause your body isn't breaking down the food like it should.

BUt I know your not going for "the model" physique. but rather strength. And being overweight is an improvement to being fat.. it's all a journey..and every littel improvement is a good improvement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed May 12, 2010 9:24 am

Hguols wrote:
Tallerthanatree wrote:

Do you have a spotter on the bench with you? I'd suggest (and it's certainly not directions, but this works for my growth) that you get someone to spot you and ride with you for a few extra reps.

Turn those 3 reps into 5's or 7's, with the person overhead helping you just enough to where you can get those additional reps.

....a good spotter will still make you work for it. As long as its moving, you're cool, and that's for prime growing. Much better than racking it at 3.
A bad spotter will lift it for you, essentially robbing you of additional growth. Might as well rack it at 3.
A really bad spotter will let it set on your neck, or pull just on one side.... lets not go there, as it most likely involves a beating with a dumbbell afterwords.

I do 5 reps, 3 sets. Rather than do more reps, I add weight each training session.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed May 12, 2010 9:26 am

Kamerad Ash wrote:

Eh, eating an all organic diet isnt going to help me squat 400 lbs. For me, eating right = whole milk, meat, peanut butter, whey, fruit, some veggies, etc. Basically high protein and fat, while going easy on the carbs so I dont turn into a lardass.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed May 12, 2010 9:27 am

Tallerthanatree wrote:
Hguols wrote:
Tallerthanatree wrote:

I do 5 reps, 3 sets. Rather than do more reps, I add weight each training session.

Oops! Read that wrong! That's cool. That's a good way to bulk up too, with those low reps.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed May 12, 2010 10:51 am

Kamerad Ash wrote:
Hanz and Franz say they are going to Pump- Yoouuu.. Up!

I doubt you'd be able to handle my level of working out, whic his my job. It's called carpet laying 5 to 6 days a week. Carrying 100 to 300 lbs pieces of carpet pad, tools, patch around all day.. walking .. and up and down on your knee's and back all day.. kicking,, up and down staira all day.. you name it. Man, I can barely handle it half the time.

Lifting some heavy weights until your tired would be like a vacation.

.. if you want my honest opinion Hgouls and please don't get offended.. you look flabby and slightly bloated., That's why I mentioned diet. Not enough enzyme rich food and you get bloated typically.. cause your body isn't breaking down the food like it should.

BUt I know your not going for "the model" physique. but rather strength. And being overweight is an improvement to being fat.. it's all a journey..and every littel improvement is a good improvement.

You have little room to compare lifting heavy weights as a vacation compared to carpet laying, especially since 185lbs on the bench free-weights would completely bury you. If you were in the 315 club and I wasn't familiar with carpet laying, you'd have my undivided attention.

It's ok Ash to brag about how strenuous laying carpet is, if that's all your standard is for being in shape.

I've had a period of my life where I laid carpet as well, I know what you mean. It's hard work. You're exaggerating a bit, and that job doesn't compare to some farm work I've done, but that's a different topic.

You can have your opinion that I'm flabby, slightly-bloated, overweight, etc. That's fine. I haven't heard that one in a while, and I certainly don't agree. In fact, I've been hearing quite the opposite lately, but I don't need to convince you of that. I probably deserve that "retaliation post" upon telling you that you have "lustrous girl arms".

If I ever see your anorexic string bean ass trapped under a 50lb roll of carpet, I'll be sure to apply my bloat and flab to lifting it off of you and saving your life. See? We can work together!
Back to top Go down
metalgrinch

metalgrinch

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed May 12, 2010 11:09 am

I ate pizza! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=610958313
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed May 12, 2010 12:21 pm

metalgrinch wrote:
I ate pizza! cheers

Will you marry me? ^_^
Back to top Go down
Usvart Jorge

Usvart Jorge

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed May 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Blah, our coach put us through a rougher than usual conditioning workout...

I could barely lift afterward, hahaha....

Maxouts start next week though, better work on the power clean.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed May 12, 2010 9:03 pm

I wish I had access to a gym that had bumper plates. Iron plates = no power cleans or Olympic lifts.

I think my old high school's conditioning center has them though, so I'd like to be able to get in there over the summer to practice Olympic lifts.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed May 12, 2010 11:45 pm

Tallerthanatree wrote:
I wish I had access to a gym that had bumper plates. Iron plates = no power cleans or Olympic lifts.

I think my old high school's conditioning center has them though, so I'd like to be able to get in there over the summer to practice Olympic lifts.

When I do pull overs I more or less throw non-padded weights off of me. It's loud when they hit the floor, but I have down padding so there's no damage.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed May 12, 2010 11:46 pm

My arm is out. Not going to lift for like 2 months.

I'll just work on abs and legs till then.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2010 12:09 am

Hguols wrote:
Tallerthanatree wrote:

When I do pull overs I more or less throw non-padded weights off of me. It's loud when they hit the floor, but I have down padding so there's no damage.

Well, if I'm dropping plates on the floor from over my head while standing, I'm likely to get bitched at. haha.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Is that your site?

Are you on there lifting?
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Not my site, but it inspired me. haha.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2010 11:27 pm

I think that's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Usvart Jorge

Usvart Jorge

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri May 14, 2010 12:11 am

That one guys montage is insane!!! Squatting over 900 pounds is unhuman, hahaha....

So guys, my max outs are coming up very soon, what should I do in the week coming up in order to insure I'll be able to hit 5 more pounds than the last 9 weeks?
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri May 14, 2010 10:02 am

Rigorous lifting tears muscles but the key to building it is nutrition and rest.

Try not to lift ANYTHING between workouts to ensure maximum repair.

Cardio and other non-weight related activity can be really good though. Cardio can actually minimize soreness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Anyone here work out or exercise?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com