-----------------------------------------------------
 
HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Anyone here work out or exercise?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 37
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5356

PostSubject: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:31 pm

....being active and exercising is a very important part of my life, my health, and even my spirituality. Its something I take great pleasure in, and also, something I take quite seriously.

When it comes to athletic types, a quote from a friend of mine comes to mind. "Some people are built for running, some people are built to be run from."

My specialty is free weights and strength.

This video is of 1 set, 10 reps of 275lb bench press - unassisted.
This weight is 45lbs more than my body weight.



Anyone that's active, interested in being physically fit or strong, please post here!
Lets talk physical fitness!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
mazzie

avatar

Number of posts : 5090
Age : 31
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-11-03
Points : 7462

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Impressive!

I do work out mainly to lose excess fat on my tummy area(VERY BAD!).

I used to be really athletic and played various sports but I was a smoker as well.

I finally quitted after almost 10 years and will be clean for two years this summer (YAY!).

After I quitted I gained probably 70lbs or something like that...yea i know its bad Sad

I'm slowly losing all those pounds and so far I've lost 10..yay!

I do situps every morning and I hit the gym each other days...would like to do everyday but my work schedule won't permit this.

I usually walk/run for 40 minutes then hit the weights and focus a lot on my arms and back/abs.

Hopefully I'll be back to my original size by this summer or fall.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 30
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:26 pm

i used to train a lot a few years ago, got quite far into it

but lost my will to do it, and dont have anywhere to train now.

want to get back into it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Usvart Jorge

avatar

Number of posts : 758
Age : 24
Location : Douglas, AZ, USA
Registration date : 2009-02-17
Points : 4096

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Hguols wrote:
....being active and exercising is a very important part of my life, my health, and even my spirituality. Its something I take great pleasure in, and also, something I take quite seriously.

When it comes to athletic types, a quote from a friend of mine comes to mind. "Some people are built for running, some people are built to be run from."

My specialty is free weights and strength.

This video is of 1 set, 10 reps of 275lb bench press - unassisted.
This weight is 45lbs more than my body weight.



Anyone that's active, interested in being physically fit or strong, please post here!
Lets talk physical fitness!

dude, you are a BEAST!!!! Hahahaha... seriously though... that's impressive! I do weights (bench press, squat, and power clean) 2-3 times a week depending on what days I have my weightlifting class. In that class we almost always run at least half a mile and run stairs or do pilates and pushups, situps, etc. I also try to walk/jog every day and jump rope and use dumbells. I'm starting to work toward finally getting rid of all of my weight, but it's an up and down thing with me...
Back to top Go down
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 37
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5356

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Mazzie! You sound a lot like me! (except I'll have 3 years clean March 20th!)

When I quite smoking, drinking drugging I ate like a horse and got up to a body weight of 270lbs.
>_<' "Slow and steady wins the race" definitely applies as far as weight loss.

Of course, its really hard for me to lose weight because I keep adding muscle.

Jim, there's no local gym for you? I'd be surprised. I live in a town of 600 people, and I lift all the time at the old school building. (and have permission) In fact, that's where that video was shot!

Jorge, I do Pilates as well! ....normally for targeting my stomach. I don't have a "keg" or "rolls", but I'm definitely barrel chested. (with the start of a 2 pack) Sounds like you're workout is well rounded. How much time do you put into working out a week?

I think for me, its (roughly) 7 1/2 hours a week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 30
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:06 pm

yeah loads of gyms, i just prefer to do it with someone, for heavier weights, need someone to spot you and push you, know what i mean?
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
olias

avatar

Number of posts : 2399
Age : 27
Location : USA
Registration date : 2009-07-10
Points : 5804

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:22 pm

I am a weights guy. I used to do cross country, but I hated running. I played soccer (that's football for you jim Wink )for a bit. Enjoyed it a lot, but really sucked at it too.

Anybody have any tips for cutting excess body fat in a healthy fashion?
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 30
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:23 pm

olias wrote:
I am a weights guy. I used to do cross country, but I hated running. I played soccer (that's football for you jim Wink )for a bit. Enjoyed it a lot, but really sucked at it too.

Anybody have any tips for cutting excess body fat in a healthy fashion?

cardio bro, and a good diet.. simple really
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
olias

avatar

Number of posts : 2399
Age : 27
Location : USA
Registration date : 2009-07-10
Points : 5804

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:26 pm

yeah. I am going to do a mix of cardio and resistance training to get trim, and then I want to work on muscle gain.

What sort of diet do you have? I am not the best eater in the world, so I need help in this area. It doesn't help that I work at Arby's Razz
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 30
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:42 pm

olias wrote:
yeah. I am going to do a mix of cardio and resistance training to get trim, and then I want to work on muscle gain.

What sort of diet do you have? I am not the best eater in the world, so I need help in this area. It doesn't help that I work at Arby's Razz

ive stopped eating well for a long time!

but cause im naturally slim, i dont put on weight really no matter what i do..

so i always did gaining weight diets
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
olias

avatar

Number of posts : 2399
Age : 27
Location : USA
Registration date : 2009-07-10
Points : 5804

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm

lol, I am the opposite. I am not fat, but I am not slim either.
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 30
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:45 pm

olias wrote:
lol, I am the opposite. I am not fat, but I am not slim either.

trust me its 100X harder putting on weight as it is loosing it..

so be happy! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
olias

avatar

Number of posts : 2399
Age : 27
Location : USA
Registration date : 2009-07-10
Points : 5804

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Eat lots of Arby's. That will do the trick. Trust me on this.

Wanna trade body types?
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 30
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:46 pm

just watched the vid Hguols..

and that looks easy for you! put it up, so its hard on the 5th rep! then you have to seriously push it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 30
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:47 pm

olias wrote:
Eat lots of Arby's. That will do the trick. Trust me on this.

Wanna trade body types?

i dont know what u look like! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
olias

avatar

Number of posts : 2399
Age : 27
Location : USA
Registration date : 2009-07-10
Points : 5804

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:50 pm

oh yeah. Well. Like I said, I am not fat, but it is a full time job keeping it that way.

Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 30
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:52 pm

I WANT THAT GUYS OUTFIT!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
olias

avatar

Number of posts : 2399
Age : 27
Location : USA
Registration date : 2009-07-10
Points : 5804

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm

lol what if I told you that was me!!! Haha. One could only hope Razz

Nah that was at a renn fest
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 30
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:19 pm

whats a renn fest?
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
mazzie

avatar

Number of posts : 5090
Age : 31
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-11-03
Points : 7462

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:22 pm

renaissance fest I believe

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 37
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5356

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Jim wrote:
just watched the vid Hguols..

and that looks easy for you! put it up, so its hard on the 5th rep! then you have to seriously push it! Very Happy

If it looked easy, that's the only thing easy about it. It certainly wasn't easy to do.

Jim wrote:
trust me its 100X harder putting on weight as it is loosing it..

so be happy! Razz


I've been on a diet for the past several years. If I so much as look at a potato, I gain weight. Actually, I technically still gain weight on my diet....

....once again, because I'm adding muscle. My current max (what I can get one time) on the bench press is 355lbs. I wouldn't mind being in the 405 club, but I tend to scare people as is from just my build.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 30
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Hguols wrote:
Jim wrote:
just watched the vid Hguols..

and that looks easy for you! put it up, so its hard on the 5th rep! then you have to seriously push it! Very Happy

If it looked easy, that's the only thing easy about it. It certainly wasn't easy to do.

Jim wrote:
trust me its 100X harder putting on weight as it is loosing it..

so be happy! Razz


I've been on a diet for the past several years. If I so much as look at a potato, I gain weight. Actually, I technically still gain weight on my diet....

....once again, because I'm adding muscle. My current max (what I can get one time) on the bench press is 355lbs. I wouldn't mind being in the 405 club, but I tend to scare people as is from just my build.



looked easy for you bro.. didnt see any shaking or struggling even on the last push
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
olias

avatar

Number of posts : 2399
Age : 27
Location : USA
Registration date : 2009-07-10
Points : 5804

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:48 pm

I want to look like techno viking.
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 30
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:10 pm

olias wrote:
I want to look like techno viking.

i think you should dress like Pyramid Head
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
325ad



Number of posts : 967
Age : 47
Location : Native America
Registration date : 2008-11-07
Points : 4587

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:13 pm

I do, walk, hike, ride a bike and lift!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   

Back to top Go down
 

Anyone here work out or exercise?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum