BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
exodus312

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:21 am

ultmetal wrote:
exodus312 wrote:
MetLHed4GZus wrote:
Have you gotten any criticism for saying a certain word in your cover of "Motophysco"?

I do believe that Scott has changed it from "tough s**t street" to "tough luck street".

Unless I am mistaken, of course.

Actually I said "toughest street". I didn't change many lyrics in the songs, but I did change those three words to be the two, "toughest street". I also added some lyrics from a couple other Megadeth songs at the end of the song. If you listen closely, there are some lyrics from two older Megadeth songs.

I stand corrected. Thanks. I knew that it wasn't the original lyrics, but wasn't 100% sure what it was changed to, and tough luck street was what I made it out to be.

Still unsure of what extra lyrics you threw in there though...
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:17 am

ultmetal wrote:
It was professionally filmed and recorded. Too bad it will never be released.

Why not?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
ultmetal

ultmetal

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:22 am

If you listen at the very end of the song, I sing bits of "Peace Sells" and "Sweating Bullets". There is some weird effect on the vocals that sort of buries the ad-libs a bit. That was done intentionally. Listen at about 2:12 to the end of the song. In between the MOTO PSYCHO's, you'll hear what I am talking about.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:23 am

IronGuardian wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
It was professionally filmed and recorded. Too bad it will never be released.

Why not?

I don't know what happened between the studio and Roxx Productions, but basically the company that shot all the video won't give it up. I'm sure it's a money thing.
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Worst show?
Probably performing at the 1997 Texas Rockfest. It was sooooo darned hot outside. We performed on that trailer in the middle of the day with the sun beating down on us. Halfway through the show I collapsed. I got back up and continued to sing. Next song, our drummer Sean just stopped playing in the middle of a song. I turned around and looked at him. He was white as a ghost. A second later, he kicked it in and we finished the song. As soon as we did the stage manager made us stop playing. It was so hot and we were thrashing so hard, we were beginning to suffer from heat exhaustion. They were worried we would get heat stroke. We had to take a break before finishing our set. It was also so hot, no one was really watching us play. Everyone was taking cover under trees for shade. The crowd was think to begin with. A Spinal Tap moment for sure.

Note to self, when Ultimatum plays in Texas, make sure it's in an indoor facility with plenty of AC.
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

Number of posts : 802

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:26 pm

Note to promotional manager,when booking gigs on the east coast make it for warmer weather.scott hasnt lived in nj for 20 years! he is not remembering how cold it will get and his lead guitarist seems to think we will have a tremdous increase in tempeture in feb! NOT!! lol! question to scott...inquiring minds want to know...where do you get ur god inspired ideas for writing ur lyrics? real life? news? your lyrics are by far the best i have heard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/postivepromotions
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:52 pm

sherri wrote:
question to scott...inquiring minds want to know...where do you get ur god inspired ideas for writing ur lyrics? real life? news? your lyrics are by far the best i have heard!

Lots of different inspirations. Books, sermons, other songs, politics, news. Just depends on the song really. The song "Charge/Power' was inspired by a Manowar song titled "The Power" that ticked me off. The song disrespected God and talked about 'the demon powers we command'. Yea right! We all know how long THAT will last.

The song Crosshope was inspired by a book called "No Wonder They Call Him Savior" by Max Lucado.

The song Heart of Metal came to me while driving down the road listening to the 70's band, The Sweet. It really had nothing to do with them, but the line "hit the lights" was part of one of their songs and the rest came flowing out from there.

"Blind Faith" was inspired by something that happened to my daughter in school where they were forcing evolution down her throat. The teach it as if it is 100% fact, when if fact it is a theory that is based on materialism. Science completely ignores things they cannot test. They cannot test a miracle, so they just deny them.

"Transgressor" was just me searching my own soul. I am wretched and not deserving of his love and grace, but am so thankful for that grace.
Back to top Go down
trephining

trephining

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:07 pm

A few related questions with relation to the 'live setting' : Has the band come up with a solid set list for your upcoming show? Any idea which tracks you will be hoping to include in the live set from Lex Metalis?
Also, how does the set list get decided on? Every member gets two or so picks or how do you work that out? And what has been your most played song? I can probably guess it would be from Symphonic Extremities - Blink perhaps?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:22 pm

The show we are scheduled to play on the 23rd, we will be playing three songs from Lex Metalis: Ton of Bricks, Iron Fist & Locked in Chains.

We change our set list up for each show, though we do have songs that generally make most every show, such as Never. It has probably been in just about every show we've done since it was written in 1996. I would guess it is the most played song, though Blink would probably be a close second.

As for who picks the songs, I usually come up with the set list at practice and if somebody wants to add a song or delete a song, we just do it. There's never been a real issue with picking songs for shows.
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:12 am

just a little FYI!! signed on to the blabberboard this am and as i type this i am headbanging to "blood covenant" does life gettin any sweeter than this????? cheers Banger Grim Banger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:39 am

sherri wrote:
just a little FYI!! signed on to the blabberboard this am and as i type this i am headbanging to "blood covenant" does life gettin any sweeter than this????? cheers Banger Grim Banger

No, no it doesn't. cheers
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:15 pm

lol! it was like being at the right place at the right time! man,i dig this job.thanks to the lord and you^ lol! have a great day! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Knowing your love for hockey, have you ever played hockey as an adult?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:10 am

JeffdlS wrote:
Knowing your love for hockey, have you ever played hockey as an adult?

Never. I suck at skating. It would be like metalhead clowns on ice. Razz
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:44 am

sounds like a kodak moment to me...jeff,get the camera ready?? lol!! question...where would your dream gig be??? (baited question.lol jk!!)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:23 am

Germany and Norway. Waken Festival would rule. Any of the big European metal festivals really.

In the U.S., I'd love to do a show in NYC. We've never played the East Coast, so I am anxious to get a few shows there.
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:04 am

Has Robert finally found the leather pants that he's been looking for?
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:26 pm

yea,he saving them for you to wear to the gig the night the band plays in tx!!!! affraid ROFL drool j/k scott,ur reponse??
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:19 pm

I doubt if Robert is the same size I am . . . I'm kinda like the lead singer from Loverboy . . . used to wear 30 x 36 . . . and now it's 36 x 30 Razz
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:20 am

Ha!

Robert has worn through a few pairs of leather pants over the years. Rob wears them on stage too.

I don't. I wear black denim or green army pants. I do wear a black leather vest at some shows, though I switch back and forth with my patch-clad denim vest, or my "battle jacket" as Steve Rowe calls it. I also wear a bullet belt at every show. Robert has a bullet belt too, but doesn't wear it as it scratches his precious arsenal of guitars.
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:11 pm

gee! all the promotional mang.gets is the tshirts! lol! any chance that anyone wants to throw any leather my way;i am all for it! robert knows my sizes! this is a hint! tongue cheers
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:09 pm

Got a call from the printer. Looks like the shirts didn't get printed yet. They had some problem with the artwork. They will get them started on Monday.
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:36 pm

Guess I better see about getting mine ordered after I get paid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:38 pm

I need some leather pants, the ones I used to have now have a hole in the crotch... useful for some occasions, but not many Razz

Ultimatum brand leather pants....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 1540
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:49 am

Hey Scott. I was listening to Fatal Delay so I have two questions for you.
Why did you decide to change your vocal styles from the demo to your first cd?
What made you go a little harder and faster on your first album?
I will see you in about two weeks my friend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Band Forums :: Ultimatum-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com