BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 3067
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
oteis wrote:
just thought of a question....Have you ever considered doing a solo project Scott??

Nope. On my own I would be worthless. I much prefer being a part of something bigger than myself. With Ultimatum and Once Dead it was a pooling of ideas that made it so much fun.

I do hope to work with Mike Phillips some more in the future. I've recorded two songs with him, both of which were Deliverance covers. On his next solo album I hope to be able to sing on some original material.

Nice, I would love to hear those Deliverance covers.
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:27 pm

oteis,standing in line behind you on this one! this is going to be great to hear!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/postivepromotions
ultmetal

ultmetal

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:20 pm

oteis wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
oteis wrote:
just thought of a question....Have you ever considered doing a solo project Scott??

Nope. On my own I would be worthless. I much prefer being a part of something bigger than myself. With Ultimatum and Once Dead it was a pooling of ideas that made it so much fun.

I do hope to work with Mike Phillips some more in the future. I've recorded two songs with him, both of which were Deliverance covers. On his next solo album I hope to be able to sing on some original material.

Nice, I would love to hear those Deliverance covers.

One of them (It's the Beat) will be released on the new Mike Phillips CD Mirror in Mirrors.

The other one (What a Joke) will be on the CMR's Deliverance tribute CD. This song came out very different from what you might expect from me. It's super heavy and downtuned. Sort of has a Machine Head vibe to it. Very modern sounding, whereas It's the Beat sounds more "classic thrash".
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:19 pm

Nice to hear that some song from What A Joke will be on the tribute CD Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:18 am

JeffdlS wrote:
Nice to hear that some song from What A Joke will be on the tribute CD Smile

It won't be the only song. I think there are a couple bands doing the title track. Also, Oil got together to record "Attack". I think another band is doing "Prophet of Idiocy".

mazzie wrote:
yeah I think it's pretty much pointless by now to nag them about it. Been nagging them once in while for past one or two years(can't remember when I won it) LOL

I thought that James from Open Grave had the guitar?
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:46 pm

No, the last I heard about the guitar was that Doug needed to get it from one of the guys.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:53 pm

Scott, it seems you wear some of your vocal influences on your sleeve, such as Blitz or Zetro. Who would you say you're influenced by vocally (perhaps not in style) that we might be surprised to know you consider an influence?
Back to top Go down
http://metalfroreview.blogspot.com
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:46 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm hoping for a good year for the Kings and for Philly. I'm a fan of both.
yea flyers!! i knew there was a reason scott and i get along so well! lol! cheers hurray for NJ! go flyers,and how about those phillies???? cheers dance
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:40 pm

Flyers win last night 2 - 0! Go Flyers!

LA Kings tonight against the Coyotes. Go Kings Go!
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:41 pm

When do the Scorps start their season?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:23 pm

They don't. They couldn't get out of the financial hole they were in and are gone. Sucks! I'm not longer following the CHL. I just don't give a rip anymore now that the Scorps are gone. The CHL didn't do jack to help them out or to assure us that they would be back.

Instead of buying season tickets, we got the NHL Center Ice package on DirectTV.
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Man, I didn't know that the Scorps had gone under Sad

Sounds like the CHL is still keeping its reputation Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:01 pm

Three CHL teams dropped out this year. Sucks! Half our team is on friggin' Arizona, a couple are at Amarillo.
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:06 am

Have you gotten any criticism for saying a certain word in your cover of "Motophysco"?
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:08 am

Is Ultimatum a Christian band? You guys don't sing about Sathan, or trees, or Shamanism, right? Or drop the eff-bomb?
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:11 am

LastFirstborn wrote:
Is Ultimatum a Christian band? You guys don't sing about Sathan, or trees, or Shamanism, right? Or drop the eff-bomb?
Razz
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:22 am

LastFirstborn wrote:

Sathan? Uhhh, I don't think so. Who is Sathan? Razz

Trees? No.

Shamanism? No.

drop the eff-bomb? No. I do fart from time to time, but that's a whole different kind of bomb. Laughing

Is Ultimatum a Christian band? Yes. Yes we are.
Back to top Go down
exodus312

Number of posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:37 am

MetLHed4GZus wrote:
Have you gotten any criticism for saying a certain word in your cover of "Motophysco"?

I do believe that Scott has changed it from "tough s**t street" to "tough luck street".

Unless I am mistaken, of course.
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:28 am

ahh ok cool lol Razz...sorry for asking that then lol

I was reading the lyrics at metal-archives, they must not have realized that he changed it

Last edited by MetLHed4GZus on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:45 am

"fart" omgosh! rotfllmro!! remind me not to get too close to the stage! especially with all that southwestern food u dudes eat!!! ROFL
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:22 pm

exodus312 wrote:
MetLHed4GZus wrote:

I do believe that Scott has changed it from "tough s**t street" to "tough luck street".

Unless I am mistaken, of course.

Actually I said "toughest street". I didn't change many lyrics in the songs, but I did change those three words to be the two, "toughest street". I also added some lyrics from a couple other Megadeth songs at the end of the song. If you listen closely, there are some lyrics from two older Megadeth songs.

I also slightly altered the words for Mortification's Gut Wrench, not so much because I don't like the lyrics, but because they fit better for my singing style.

On the Mike Phillips Deliverance cover of It's The Best I recorded recently, I also changed a few words. Where the song said, "You ignorant fool, study the first eight chapters of Romans", Mike wanted me to change that line, so I changed it to "ignorance abounds, study the first eight chapters of Romans".
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:01 pm

well..heres a blonde for u....i think ur version of "gut wrench" is more cleaner vocally then morts version so ...thinking that the lyrics you sang were the original.lol.. also..your versions of megadeath would be the only version i would know since i have never cared for them.so,you have impressed me again with ulti's version!!lol! blonde,what can i say???? lol ok my question...for you and anyother ulti band member wishing to answer...if you were not a christian thrash metalist;what can u see yourself doing? answering my own question concerning myself..i personally can not imagine a life where i couldnt be servin god by servin others..and since i love god,music and have a special place in my heart for gods metal music..i am doing what i love best! promotional work for my new brothas in Ultimatum!!!!! i had read max lucado's book "cure for the common life~ finding your sweet spot" that had a huge impact on my life..."find what you love to do,if it is serving the lord and others;to do to the best of your abilities"! i may not know everything but,thru scott and robert who have been very patient and very encouraging; i am learning and growing in christ and in my job!!! i am doing it to the best of my ability and i praise him for the opportunity he has given me in this band and ministry and praise for my brothas in faith and metal!! cheers ok scott,u got me on this one..if not for my job with Ultimatum..i would be a very happy mother to sherilyn and mom in law to kenny and memom to kaylin marie!! now..if i can only get them to like metal!!! affraid

Last edited by sherri on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:39 pm

If I wasn't a thrash vocalist? Well, even if I wasn't, I'd still be a father of two great kids and a husband to a beautiful wife. That's enough really.
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:36 pm

What has been the best show and the worst show for you guys and why?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:43 pm

Some of my favorite shows.
Once Dead and Ultimatum in Anaheim. Singing for Vengeance Rising was awesome! Being a huge fan of the band, it was awesome getting to sing with those guys. I have an autographed photo from that show framed and hanging on my wall.

Opening for Mortification the first time. Blood World tour. Huge turnout. Biggest crowd we had performed in front of up to that point. The crowd response was great!

Once Dead in Switzerland. European crowds rule! It wasn't our tightest performance. We didn't even get to practice for it, but it was such a rush.

Ultimatum at the Extreme Martigras w/ Disciple, Barren Cross, Recon, Deliverance, etc. We just tore it up at that show. An insane crowd, headbanging the entire time. It was professionally filmed and recorded. Too bad it will never be released.

It's usually the crowds that make for good shows. However, most shows with Ultimatum are cool. Every club we play, I just love playing our music.

Worst show?
Probably performing at the 1997 Texas Rockfest. It was sooooo darned hot outside. We performed on that trailer in the middle of the day with the sun beating down on us. Halfway through the show I collapsed. I got back up and continued to sing. Next song, our drummer Sean just stopped playing in the middle of a song. I turned around and looked at him. He was white as a ghost. A second later, he kicked it in and we finished the song. As soon as we did the stage manager made us stop playing. It was so hot and we were thrashing so hard, we were beginning to suffer from heat exhaustion. They were worried we would get heat stroke. We had to take a break before finishing our set. It was also so hot, no one was really watching us play. Everyone was taking cover under trees for shade. The crowd was think to begin with. A Spinal Tap moment for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Band Forums :: Ultimatum-
Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com