BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal

ultmetal

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:17 am

mazzie wrote:
Nice! I live 5 minutes away from the Penny Arcade Smile Love that place.

It was cool place to see shows in the 80's. Saw some great bands there, Motorhead and Raven being two of them.
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:52 am

So now that Lex Metalis has been released, has Ultimatum received any feedback from the various bands from the tribute album?
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:47 am

mazzie wrote:
lol! i love some competition! hehe.
To heck with all of yall. GO NUCKS!!!!!! Banger
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:48 am

What is the process of doing covers?? Legally are there certain things to do and not do?
How much are yall actually making off an all covers album? lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:32 pm

JeffdlS wrote:
So now that Lex Metalis has been released, has Ultimatum received any feedback from the various bands from the tribute album?

Steve Rowe loved our cover of his song. He said he thought it was better than the original version. Paul Scoz from the Moshketeers loved our cover of his song. I've not heard from any other artists yet.

The Beast Slayer wrote:
What is the process of doing covers?? Legally are there certain things to do and not do?
How much are yall actually making off an all covers album? lol!

You cannot print the lyrics without written permission from the artist. You have to pay royalties to the publishing company of each song. When we recorded "Burn" back in 1999, we paid 7ยข per copy that we pressed here in the U.S. The copies pressed in Europe, I am not sure how they worked that out. Publishing laws are different there.

Will we make any money? Doubtful. It wasn't really about making money. It was just about doing something fun and paying tribute to some bands we enjoy.
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:51 pm

and what a fun rocking headbanging cd it is! you guys did a great job!!! one of my favs and always will be! cheers Banger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/postivepromotions
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:42 pm

Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:49 pm

How did you decide to play tradiotnal heavy metal/thrash over any other metal genre?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 am

We didn't really decide. Ultimatum was formed by Robert, Steve Trujillo and John Carrol. Those three had formerly been performing in a traditional metal band called Holy Sacrifice. They had this Queensryche-ish singer in that band. When they formed Ultimatum we just continued in that some mode. The difference was me. I'm not a Geoff Tate-like singer, nor do I want to be. Over time we just sort of morphed into the thrash/metal hybrid we have been playing since Puppet of Destruction. All the guys currently in Ultimatum are all long time metal fans. It's just what we seem to naturally play.
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:43 am

welcome back,oh fearless leader! lol! hope you enjoyed ur hockey weekend!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Indeed! The LA Kings kicked the tail of those Avalanche. Blood on the ice and all!
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Indeed! The LA Kings kicked the tail of those Avalanche. Blood on the ice and all!

I suspect that the Avs fan will be witnessing that quite often this season.
Back to top Go down
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:21 pm

uh oh!! time for sherri to get the referee suit on..calm down,mazzie! lol!!! rotfllmro!
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:46 pm

mazzie wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

That's OK, Mazzie . . . at least Buffalo will be in the same boat Razz
Back to top Go down
mazzie

mazzie

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:55 pm

chairbeat at least Washington Caps are doing great.
Back to top Go down
exodus312

Number of posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:28 pm

and we all know that the 'nucks will probably make the playoffs, and then die out in 4...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:49 am

I'm hoping for a good year for the Kings and for Philly. I'm a fan of both.
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:58 am

I just hope to see some good teams come through Dallas . . . cause I doubt if Dallas will have a good team on their own Razz
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 3067
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

just thought of a question....Have you ever considered doing a solo project Scott??
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:41 pm

JeffdlS wrote:
I just hope to see some good teams come through Dallas . . . cause I doubt if Dallas will have a good team on their own Razz
LOL The Dallas Scars can never win lol.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:35 am

oteis wrote:
just thought of a question....Have you ever considered doing a solo project Scott??

Nope. On my own I would be worthless. I much prefer being a part of something bigger than myself. With Ultimatum and Once Dead it was a pooling of ideas that made it so much fun.

I do hope to work with Mike Phillips some more in the future. I've recorded two songs with him, both of which were Deliverance covers. On his next solo album I hope to be able to sing on some original material.
Back to top Go down
mazzie

mazzie

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:25 am

Where is my Once Dead guitar?? Evil or Very Mad lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:50 am

I don't know who has that guitar. It is signed by ALL the members of Once Dead, including both vocalists and all three guitarists. A cool collectible for sure.
Back to top Go down
mazzie

mazzie

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:59 am

yeah I think it's pretty much pointless by now to nag them about it. Been nagging them once in while for past one or two years(can't remember when I won it) LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!   Questions For ULTIMATUM!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Questions For ULTIMATUM!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Band Forums :: Ultimatum-
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com