BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

LOLcat Bible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Exhumed

Exhumed

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2009-07-19

LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Hero wrote:

I've read parts of it, I don't need to read through the whole book, it's all more or less the same.
It's easy to call out others and say "get off your pious horse" when they take some important stuff that is less important to you.

Do you think God likes it to be called the ceiling cat? Besides, if the translation would be accurate it wouldn't be so bad, but it makes it a completely different book. Playing and distorting scriptures is a very bad thing to do that will bring consequences (to the author).

For the rest, think whatever you want.

I could bet God has the best sense of humor ever; let's call it 'divine'

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Arch Duke of Metal wrote:
Ill be honest. I do think this is a form of blasphemy. Yea, it is a joke, its meant to be funny, total lolfest, but its making fun of the word of God, and thats the fact of the matter. And under no circumstances do I think that is OK. We are supposed to be followers of God, devoted to what we do, and love Him with all of our hearts, minds, and souls. Now if we take part in this, which makes fun of Him and His word, does that really show that we love Him with everything we have?

just my thoughts.

"Making fun of", I guess you're referring to mockery.
I think that's pushing it.

Its quite possible to REFERENCE the bible, or about anything, in jest, without making a mockery or blasphemy out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Gorlim (OMW)

Gorlim (OMW)

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:22 pm

LastFirstborn wrote:
Also, I doubt YHWH is any more offended about being called Ceiling Cat than he is about you calling him God.

I like this post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepoet777
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Arch Duke of Metal wrote:
Ill be honest. I do think this is a form of blasphemy. Yea, it is a joke, its meant to be funny, total lolfest, but its making fun of the word of God, and thats the fact of the matter. And under no circumstances do I think that is OK. We are supposed to be followers of God, devoted to what we do, and love Him with all of our hearts, minds, and souls. Now if we take part in this, which makes fun of Him and His word, does that really show that we love Him with everything we have?

just my thoughts.

It does not surprise me, personally.
So many Christians live their lives like they want to. They do the same things as everyone else, listen to the same satanic music... We are called to be seperate from the world. And I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I don't care. If you love this world and everything in it more than God, you do not love Him. And if you do not love Him back for what He already did for you, you refuse the gift that he gives freely.

In a world where the lukewarm are the majority, the warmer always seem like "more pious" or "holier" or whatever. And many times, for many lukewarm, it is quite annoying because they enjoy their lives. When confronted, they do not want to change. All they want is to "feel safe" when it comes to God.

But let me tell you, the greatest gift God gives is not to save you from hell, it's to know Him. I'm not talking about eternal judgment, even though it's all tied together. If you claim you know God yet think and live like the rest of the world, you are deceiving yourself. Refusal to change is the worst decision anyone can make when it comes to God.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:31 pm

ITT: Hero trolling for martyr points
Back to top Go down
Exhumed

Exhumed

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:33 pm

To change? I feel that the change God want us to make is leave sin and follow Jesus, not stop enjoying some of the things of this world. Hero, man, I hope, I trully hope you're helluva good Christian, because as the way you judge you'll be judged, and you've set the bar very high for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:36 pm

I'm no martyr. What is internet persecution? It's nothing. Besides, when I get flamed, often enough it is merely for my lack of tact, then I take the whole blame for it. Other times though, some senseless people will flame me for various reasons that has nothing to do with the way I brought it but more with the message itself. Then the problem is between you and God.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:36 pm

Hero, every post you make, you predict you are going to be flamed. Stop being so melodramatic and assholic.
Back to top Go down
Exhumed

Exhumed

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:39 pm

Stop it.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:40 pm

And... Hero just made the thread all about himself. Seems to happen a lot. Hmmmmmm...... I wonder why?
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:44 pm

*Olias uses countertroll*

Shabbap! Catholicism is awesome! Black metal is great for Christians!! ZOMG!

*It is very effective*
*Hero RAEGQUITs*
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:45 pm

*hails Mary*
Back to top Go down
bmac

bmac

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-08-28

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:45 pm

I like the LOLcat Bible. It makes me lol. And it has cats. So what's not to like?

Really, the intent was not malicious...it was not "HA, those Christian suckers, I'm going to crush their little hearts and blaspheme their God by likening Him to a cat in the ceiling...that will really get them where it hurts, and it will piss their so-called God off." Um, no. I am pretty sure someone just has a good sense of humor, took a popular internet phenom, and made a funny with it. I have seen people on FS post jokes about Christians, like stereotypes of certain sects all in jest and everyone thinks it's sooooo funny to playfully tease about it, or they post jokes (which aren't even funny...) like Christian pick up lines...and there are Christian comedians (again, rarely funny)...soooo I guess all of these things are blasphemous too, because they're joking about Christianity.

Christianity is srs bsns.

LOLcat Bible - Page 2 SeriousCat
Back to top Go down
Exhumed

Exhumed

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:49 pm

And who says this lolcat Bible can't actually bring people to God? I mean, we have "Christian Metal" an oxymoron per se [for most people] and nobody here seems to be that offended about it, so why do we demonize this thing?
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:58 pm

Because some things are sacred to God's eyes.
Revelations 22:18-19
18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Here we are making fun or a lot of things. I'll admit I more often than not take things more seriously than most. But if you take something that is meant to be taken seriously like if it was nothing, you're potentially getting yourself in a lot of trouble.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:59 pm

How is this supposed the srs bsns? Have you never seen a parody of a bible story? Year One...though whoever made that movie is goin to hell coz of its suck factor...but that is besides the point.
Back to top Go down
Exhumed

Exhumed

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:04 am

Hero wrote:
Because some things are sacred to God's eyes.
18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Err, even I, ignorant about the Bible, know that this relates to something completely different.
Back to top Go down
bmac

bmac

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-08-28

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:08 am

It's easy to take scripture and make it apply to whatever point you want to make...people do it all the time, which frustrates me. Taking things out of context and what not...lame. No wonder people don't like Christians.

And yeah...we need to be able to laugh about things. I don't think God is going to be mad at me for liking a silly thing like this. Most Christian attempts at humor fail...because they still try to be all fuzzy-warm-happy-Jesus-loves-me and stuff. Or the jokes are just like uh...okay. That's a lame joke. LOLcat Bible is clever and cute and amusing...not blasphemous.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:14 am

How is it out of context? The guy translates it in such a way that it it can't even be called the bible. And even if you say that this very passage relates only to the book of revelations, he still did translate this book and if he translated the way he translated genesis, it's like day and night and God sounds like some retarded non caring hello kitty cousin.

I find it amazing that so many people take some things so lightly when they are so important.

Last edited by Hero on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Exhumed

Exhumed

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:22 am

Hero wrote:
How is it out of context? The guy translates it in such a way that it it can't even be called the bible.

Because it's not. It's not supposed to be used at Bible study meetings, or even be taken seriously. We don't need to behave super-sensible and be so uptight about stuff relating God if we truly know Him and the roots of Christianity.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:32 am

Yet it is stated as a translation of the bible, not as a completely different book. It's on the projects wiki page. I really couldn't care less if it was a random book. Clearly, the author has no fear of God at all. Otherwise he wouldn't have done such a stupid project to make fun of God and His Word.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:03 am

Hero wrote:

18 Birdcat say: if pplz adz stuff to teh profetzi of book, Ceiling Cat make them sicz, leik sayed in book.

19 And if pplz photoshpz the Heliez Bibul, Ceiling Cat sez no can has cheezburger to himz!

LOL! They're about the same. ^_^

Hero wrote:
How is it out of context? The guy translates it in such a way that it it can't even be called the bible.

I'm sure you know this, but isn't a bible a collection of books? It might be an archaic term.
You said yourself, it can't even be called THE bible - yet you're claiming its a blasphemy of it?

Webster defines the word parody as "a feeble or ridiculous imitation".
It's not mocking the bible. The closest thing it could be mocking is how terrible spellers cats are.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:07 am

You don't make a parody of the Word of God either way.

Is God's Word not sacred to you?
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:11 am

Hero wrote:
You don't make a parody of the Word of God either way.

Is God's Word not sacred to you?

So.... what are Christian comedians doing? Sinning?
Back to top Go down
Gorlim (OMW)

Gorlim (OMW)

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:02 am

Hero wrote:
I'm no martyr. What is internet persecution? It's nothing. Besides, when I get flamed, often enough it is merely for my lack of tact, then I take the whole blame for it. Other times though, some senseless people will flame me for various reasons that has nothing to do with the way I brought it but more with the message itself. Then the problem is between you and God.

Internet persecution? Really? You're bringing it on yourself. The word of God is sacred, of course. This is meant to be funny and ridiculous, just like Hguols said. It's amazing that all of this that you're saying is over the LOLcat bible...

And you're acting like nobody on here takes the Bible as seriously as you and no one else knows God and all of His "rules and regulations" like you do. I don't see the point in all of your judging and condemning.

It's making me a bit sick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepoet777
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

LOLcat Bible

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com