BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

LOLcat Bible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:33 am

I know this was mentioned at least one time here on one other thread.

Since the actual "LOLcat Bible" is more or less complete, I was curious as to impressions of this.

LOLcat Bible 325px-Lcb_book

http://www.lolcatbible.com

For those of you who don't know - this little project involves interpreting the entire bible into lolspeak.

Genesis 1:1 normally reading as "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth", but translated in the LOLcat bible as:
"Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem."

John 3:16 normally reading as "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life" is translated in the LOLcat bible as:
"So liek teh Ceiling Kitteh lieks teh ppl lots and he sez 'Oh hai I givez u me only kitteh and ifs u beleeves him u wont evr diez no moar, kthxbai!'"

I was curious as to who thought this project was an abomination/heresy and were taking it very seriously, and other who see it as something cute and funny and like this.

Personally, I think it's hilarious - hard to read at times, but reading the LOLspeak version of some of my favorite scriptures made me smile from ear to ear. I don't think its anything to wage war with, on the contrary, I think anyone could potentially get a good laugh from it.

Please debate!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
GothiChild

GothiChild

Number of posts : 2005
Registration date : 2008-11-02

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:48 pm

LOLcat Bible Atheistcat
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Atheist cat iz going 2 hal!
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2009-07-26

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:14 pm

I dont care about it, but I'm betting a sh*tstorm will ensue quite soon.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:29 pm

Tallerthanatree wrote:

I really don't understand why.

I really don't understand it being a controversy. ^_^
Back to top Go down
SSG Jake

SSG Jake

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-07-14

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:20 pm

Hguols wrote:
Tallerthanatree wrote:

I really don't understand why.

I really don't understand it being a controversy. ^_^

Because some people can't take a gosh-damn joke. That's what's going to be humanities downfall, everyone takes themselves WAAAY too seriously. I say if you can't laugh at yourself, you ahve no right to laugh at anyone else. I do my best not to take ANYTHING seriously.

Anywho, I love this. I think it's hilarious. I visit "I Can Haz Cheezburger" everyday, all those sites are great. Even though they ARE part of the "/b/" culture, that thinks religion is a joke and evil, oh sorry, I meant "ebul". Still, I am able to laugh at myself, so I will be buying this.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:28 pm

True. The keyword to all of this, I think is "parody".

That, according to sources I've found, appears to be the intention behind why Martin Grondin did this little project.

In lieu of defining the word parody here, yet, what he's doing isn't a whole lot different than what several Christian comedians have done.... except the entire bible is a much MUCH bigger scale.

I can't say what's in his heart. Honestly, if he/anyone were mocking the bible, it would be more obvious. (and much less hilarious)
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:57 am

I've seen it and thought it was pretty funny.

So that should pretty much kill it Razz
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:10 pm

JeffdlS wrote:
I've seen it and thought it was pretty funny.

So that should pretty much kill it Razz

I think Job 8:21 in the LOLcat Bible sums it up.

He maek u ROFL an he maek u say "I REGRET NOTHING!"

Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:28 pm

It's just another mockery like there's been since the beginning of ages.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:36 pm

I want one.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:58 pm

Hero wrote:

So, are all parodies a mockery of, or is it just this one?
Back to top Go down
SSG Jake

SSG Jake

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:05 am

Hero wrote:
If you've read the guys webpage, you'd know that's not true.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:13 am

To call God the "Ceiling Cat" is a really stupid blasphemy to make.
I don't need to read anyone's web page to see that.

I take this as a grain of salt tho, like it's supposed to be. I'm not more offended than anything else that goes on about God.
Back to top Go down
SSG Jake

SSG Jake

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:42 am

Hero wrote:

I take this as a grain of salt tho, like it's supposed to be. I'm not more offended than anything else that goes on about God.

gangsta
ALL RIGHT!! EVERYONE PUT YOUR HANDS UP!! THIS IS A THREAD HIJACKING!!1!

Seriously, it's a M%^$@R F$%&%#G Joke!! THIS is the reason the /b/ culture things religion is stupid, because none of us, apprarantly have a freaking sense of humor! Blasphemy?! IT'S A FREAKING CAT!!1! For God's sake, get off your pious horse and learn to laugh at yourself. I'm sorry, but you said something that really irked me. Your statment about not needing to read it to understand it? Really?! You don't see how blind and ignorant that makes you? Judging without knowing. Hmm, nothing could EVER go wrong with THAT philosophy!
Back to top Go down
Gorlim (OMW)

Gorlim (OMW)

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-11-09

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:14 am

SSG Jake wrote:
Hero wrote:

gangsta

Seriously, it's a M%^$@R F$%&%#G Joke!! THIS is the reason the /b/ culture things religion is stupid, because none of us, apprarantly have a freaking sense of humor! Blasphemy?! IT'S A FREAKING CAT!!1! For God's sake, get off your pious horse and learn to laugh at yourself. I'm sorry, but you said something that really irked me. Your statment about not needing to read it to understand it? Really?! You don't see how blind and ignorant that makes you? Judging without knowing. Hmm, nothing could EVER go wrong with THAT philosophy!

+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepoet777
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:39 am

i actually find this quite funny and do not see anything wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:01 am

Stick to the topic, please.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:38 am

Hero wrote:

LOLcat Bible 786961

That's not even close to blasphemy. If someone doesn't understand what a parody is, it could be interpreted as taking God's name in vain.... but that's a completely unnecessary outlook to have.

SSG Jake wrote:

gangsta

I really doubt /b/ thinks religion is stupid because they don't have a sense of humor. ^_^ If anything, it's probably because they choose to focus on the negative. I've been almost surprised at how a handful of Christian hypocrites ruins a non-religious person's perspective on faith, God, etc.

Looks like Christians aren't the only ones bitten by the ignorance bug.

Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:13 pm

SSG Jake wrote:
Hero wrote:

gangsta

I've read parts of it, I don't need to read through the whole book, it's all more or less the same.
It's easy to call out others and say "get off your pious horse" when they take some important stuff that is less important to you.

Do you think God likes it to be called the ceiling cat? Besides, if the translation would be accurate it wouldn't be so bad, but it makes it a completely different book. Playing and distorting scriptures is a very bad thing to do that will bring consequences (to the author).

For the rest, think whatever you want.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Hero wrote:

Do you think God likes it to be called the ceiling cat? Besides, if the translation would be accurate it wouldn't be so bad, but it makes it a completely different book. Playing and distorting scriptures is a very bad thing to do that will bring consequences (to the author).

For the rest, think whatever you want.

I think God would TOTALLY be old school offended for being referred to as Ceiling Cat, especially since God doesn't have a sense of humor and with how sincere the author is about it. Since this is also intended to be a literal biblical translation, they're double screwed with messing with God's word!

Who wants to be the first to explain to Nick what a parody is?
.....and maybe sarcasm as well.

Back to top Go down
Arch Duke of Metal

Arch Duke of Metal

Number of posts : 2164
Registration date : 2008-11-03

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:27 pm

Ill be honest. I do think this is a form of blasphemy. Yea, it is a joke, its meant to be funny, total lolfest, but its making fun of the word of God, and thats the fact of the matter. And under no circumstances do I think that is OK. We are supposed to be followers of God, devoted to what we do, and love Him with all of our hearts, minds, and souls. Now if we take part in this, which makes fun of Him and His word, does that really show that we love Him with everything we have?

just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
sword of the heretic

sword of the heretic

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-11-09

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Arch Duke of Metal wrote:
Ill be honest. I do think this is a form of blasphemy. Yea, it is a joke, its meant to be funny, total lolfest, but its making fun of the word of God, and thats the fact of the matter. And under no circumstances do I think that is OK. We are supposed to be followers of God, devoted to what we do, and love Him with all of our hearts, minds, and souls. Now if we take part in this, which makes fun of Him and His word, does that really show that we love Him with everything we have?

just my thoughts.

Agreed. I can't speak for those who wrote this, nor can I speak for those who enjoyed reading it. I didn't care for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sword_of_the_heretic
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Hero wrote:
Playing and distorting scriptures is a very bad thing to do that will bring consequences (to the author).

LOLcat Bible CONSEQUENCESGUESSWHAT

Also, I doubt YHWH is any more offended about being called Ceiling Cat than he is about you calling him God.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Hero wrote:

What about "The Big Man Upstairs"? That blasphemy too?

Granted, that isn't my terminology, but there is a line between playful humor and blasphemy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LOLcat Bible Vide
PostSubject: Re: LOLcat Bible   LOLcat Bible Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

LOLcat Bible

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com