BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Video I think all Christians should watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

A Video I think all Christians should watch Vide
PostSubject: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Please watch this. WARNING: it's a bit disturbing

http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=dfd8fde4cec5bddc9184
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:41 pm

Within the first 30 seconds I see a huge theological fallacy.. flames of torment and hell are two different events and places.

Why is such ignorance allowed to exist in so many Christian religious sects?

Last edited by Kamerad Ash on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
metalgrinch

metalgrinch

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:59 pm

^ I've seen this video posted several times in a number of places, and everyone always dramatically says something like you did, or something similar, like "EVERY Christian NEEDS to see this NOW! oh my gosh!" or something like that.

The video is probably one of the most overly dramatic, overacted, and theologically retarded things ever made considering what I've come to learn about Christianity and who Jesus really is and what grace really means. To think things are just that simple is ridiculous and reeks of theological and spiritual ignorance. Just because someone is not some typical stereotype cliche PC hand-waving christian doesn't automatically mean they're gonna burn in hell for eternity or be dragged away by angels or whatever. These are the types these people would call "real christians," as if anyone who did anything less IN THEIR EYES AND THEIR OPINIONS is a "fake christian."
This video is probably made by the usual late teen/20-something inexperienced white upper-class suburban clown who thinks he's seen the entire realm of who God is because he's lucky enough to not have been brought difficult trials and circumstances that would probably prevent an actual REAL-LIFE person (someone who knows what grace actually is) from having such recycled opinions as well as the time to make such stupid videos.

...but then again you're also only 15, so I'll cut you some slack because you won't see this video the same way 10 years from now. You seem like a nice kid, I don't mean to bash you, it's just I've seen this one too many times already.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=610958313
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:08 pm

metalgrinch wrote:
^ I've seen this video posted several times in a number of places, and everyone always dramatically says something like you did, or something similar, like "EVERY Christian NEEDS to see this NOW! oh my gosh!" or something like that.

The video is probably one of the most overly dramatic, overacted, and theologically retarded things ever made considering what I've come to learn about Christianity and who Jesus really is and what grace really means. To think things are just that simple is ridiculous and reeks of theological and spiritual ignorance. Just because someone is not some typical stereotype cliche PC hand-waving christian doesn't automatically mean they're gonna burn in hell for eternity or be dragged away by angels or whatever. These are the types these people would call "real christians," as if anyone who did anything less IN THEIR EYES AND THEIR OPINIONS is a "fake christian."
This video is probably made by the usual late teen/20-something inexperienced white upper-class suburban clown who thinks he's seen the entire realm of who God is because he's lucky enough to not have been brought difficult trials and circumstances that would probably prevent an actual REAL-LIFE person (someone who knows what grace actually is) from having such recycled opinions as well as the time to make such stupid videos.

...but then again you're also only 15, so I'll cut you some slack because you won't see this video the same way 10 years from now. You seem like a nice kid, I don't mean to bash you, it's just I've seen this one too many times already.
dude I don't understand what you mean? that video didnt say anything about the guy going to Hell being a fake Christian,. The person who went to Hell was jsut a lost person.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:18 pm

metalgrinch wrote:

Seriously, out of all the things you wrote that I had the occasion to read, this has got to be the worse.
I dont fully agree with this vid, Ive seen it a bunch before too. But that didnt give me enough information to criticize and judge the guy who made it. Of course you dont bring the gospel to people by forcing fear upon them. But at the same time, hell is a subject that should be spoken more, the good way.

I'm tired of those who go around critizing those who try to get on this subject by talking about grace grace grace while totally overlooking hell. Yes, grace, but grace for what? There was a time where hell was over used in a very bad way. But now its the opposite! Jesus saves! He saves from what!? From hell....
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:45 pm

This video isn't about scaring people into salvation. It' s conveying a message about making sure to witness to those closest to you.
Back to top Go down
Usvart Jorge

Usvart Jorge

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:39 am

That was intense... that's all I'm going to say...
Back to top Go down
lord voldemort

lord voldemort

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:07 am

I have a bit of a problem with this video. It is intense. I am sure their motives are good for doing this. Tug on the emotions, which is really not the best way to make a person make a rational decision.

Also, one should not make this type of argument, it was not used by the Apostles, and it should not be used by Christians. What the message should be is about Christ and Christ alone.

One of the comments on the video is correct, that this presents a God who wants to burn and torture people, instead of a God who loves people and wants them saved. When you present it from this side, it shows God as a God of Hate instead of a God of love. So the person is choosing not because they love God, but this God wants to torment them if they ignore him.
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:25 am

I don't think it is trying to portray God in any way. God wasn't even really shown in this video. The whole purpose of it was to make Christians think about if they have told there closest friends about the gosple
Back to top Go down
Mr. Rotout

Mr. Rotout

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:35 am

This is interesting. Eternal torment is a VERY serious subject. There is no end to eternity. If someone doesn't know who Christ is or doesn't have a personal relationship with Him...yikes! Thanks for posting MetLHed4GZus, it really got me thinking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engarniainc
BryneVampyr

BryneVampyr

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:40 am

While I can understand wanting to instill in someone a sense of urgency for proclaiming the Gospel, I am not fond of the "guilt trip" approach of the video.
Back to top Go down
lord voldemort

lord voldemort

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:40 am

MetLHed4GZus wrote:
I don't think it is trying to portray God in any way. God wasn't even really shown in this video. The whole purpose of it was to make Christians think about if they have told there closest friends about the gosple

Take one step away from that statement for a sec. Who is the gospel about and what happens when someone rejects the gospel?

God is implied, if you do not accept him, you get burned. This does not make God appealing.

Quote :
We hate God, that is why we ignore Him, overlooking Him as if we did not see Him, and pretending to be atheists. In reality we consider Him our enemy par excellence. Our negation is our vengeance, our atheism is our revenge.

But why do men hate God? They hate Him not only because their deeds are dark while God is light, but also because they consider Him as a menace, as an imminent and eternal danger, as an adversary in court, as an opponent at law, as a public prosecutor and an eternal persecutor. To them, God is no more the almighty physician who came to save them from illness and death, but rather a cruel judge and a vengeful inquisitor.

You see, the devil managed to make men believe that God does not really love us, that He really only loves Himself, and that He accepts us only if we behave as He wants us to behave; that He hates us if we do not behave as He ordered us to behave, and is offended by our insubordination to such a degree that we must pay for it by eternal tortures, created by Him for that purpose.

Who can love a torturer? Even those who try hard to save themselves from the wrath of God cannot really love Him. They love only themselves, trying to escape God’s vengeance and to achieve eternal bliss by managing to please this fearsome and extremely dangerous Creator.

source

Christians, with their best intent, portray God in this manner. I think this video does just that.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:43 am

Uh, I think this is a satire. Too lulzy to have a serious intent.
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:46 am

I've seen this video a thousand times.

First of all, its a scare tactic. I don't care what you say regarding whether it is or isn't, that's exactly what it is. Emotion driven, rather than driven by facts, is a big fat redflag with things like this. It's used in an attempt to entice people to declare Jesus as their Savior to avoid Hell. That will never work, and the people who do this 99% of the time are not truly saved. Factual? absolutely, except for some parts (which I will get into in a moment), but the way it is used is extremely inappropriate.

Second, There is a God of love, but there is also a God of hate. You say thats blasphemy....ok...you love children?

Then you must hate abortion. Do you love everything that is holy? Then you must hate everything that is unholy. Anyone who can say that they can love without hatred is lying.

I'm going to go off on a tangent for a moment. Hate and love can co-exist as long as it balances, but if one side starts tipping, the other ceases to exist. "When love is lost, only hate remains."

By the way Matt, a fake Christian (some would say a cardinal Christian) IS a lost person. 1 John tears the cardinal Christian theology to bits and pieces. If you claim to be of God, yet walk in darkness, you're not of Him and you should be terribly afraid, for, should you die right then, there will be nothing in the way between you and the wrath of God.

Also, 2 Peter 3:9 is where it talks about none should perish. Who is none? Who/What is it referencing to? Please research thoroughly before answering this question.

The process to Hell is exaggerated. You're not drawn off by angels, put in cells, stand in lines, etc. You're placed before God, He judges you, you are deemed either sanctified or condemned, and you will immediately be sent to wherever your reward is.

As for showing your relatives the gospel, that is something that must be done, without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:48 am

Hating bad things ≠ being hateful or "of hate"
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:48 am

Quote :
There is no end to eternity.

not to get off on a tangent.. but... end and beginnings are not relevant in "eternity" You are trying to define NON TIME with Time concept...NO END.

Also.. eternity and forever cam ne seen as two entirely differnet things... just food for thought.

I am one of those strange Chistians who doesn't worry about evangelising.. because he has witnessed that GOd does the evangelising through people... and when people try to do it of their leading and their own direction... it actually seems to do more harm than good
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Mr. Rotout

Mr. Rotout

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:51 am

This is a fictional story. It's only made to make you think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engarniainc
againsttheantichrist

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:52 am

LastFirstborn wrote:

But you're being hateful towards the bad things Joey. You're attempting to generalize a specific point.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:00 am

againsttheantichrist wrote:
LastFirstborn wrote:

But you're being hateful towards the bad things Joey. You're attempting to generalize a specific point.

If someone asked you if you're a hateful person, I'm fairly certain that you would not say yes due to your hate for abortion.
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:06 am

LastFirstborn wrote:
againsttheantichrist wrote:
LastFirstborn wrote:

If someone asked you if you're a hateful person, I'm fairly certain that you would not say yes due to your hate for abortion.

You're teetering on the edge of blasphemy Joey, because it sounds like you're saying that God is nothing but hate.

You cannot love one thing without hating everything that goes against it and/or destroys it. If you love children, you have to hate abortion, if you love Jews, you have to hate the holocaust. God loves holiness, which means He has to hate unholiness (i.e. sin). If you say you don't have to, then you don't love it.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:10 am

Uh, you already said that, and I fully understood your point or lack thereof the first time. My point is that calling God a "God of hate" because he hate things doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:12 am

It's one of many faces of God. God is a God of hate, a God of love, a God of wrath, a God of mercy, etc.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:16 am

"Of" implies core essence. Something's core essence cannot be hate and also be love. Simple.
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:44 am

[quote="againsttheantichrist"]I've seen this video a thousand times.

Quote :
First of all, its a scare tactic. I don't care what you say regarding whether it is or isn't, that's exactly what it is. Emotion driven, rather than driven by facts, is a big fat redflag with things like this. It's used in an attempt to entice people to declare Jesus as their Savior to avoid Hell. That will never work, and the people who do this 99% of the time are not truly saved. Factual? absolutely, except for some parts (which I will get into in a moment), but the way it is used is extremely inappropriate.
I don't understand why people can't get that this video isn't addressed to the unsaved. It's to make us think about if we are truly witnessing to our friends to our full capability. or are we just tending to not relay that message at all.

Quote :
Second, There is a God of love, but there is also a God of hate. You say thats blasphemy....ok...you love children?

Then you must hate abortion. Do you love everything that is holy? Then you must hate everything that is unholy. Anyone who can say that they can love without hatred is lying.

I'm going to go off on a tangent for a moment. Hate and love can co-exist as long as it balances, but if one side starts tipping, the other ceases to exist. "When love is lost, only hate remains."
Right but God only hates the actions of lost people, not the person themselves. He has unconditional love for everyone.

Quote :
By the way Matt, a fake Christian (some would say a cardinal Christian) IS a lost person. 1 John tears the cardinal Christian theology to bits and pieces. If you claim to be of God, yet walk in darkness, you're not of Him and you should be terribly afraid, for, should you die right then, there will be nothing in the way between you and the wrath of God.
I never said a fake christian wasn't a lsot person. I meant the person going to Hell wasn't portrayed as a "Cardinal Christian", but just some one who didn't profess it at all either.

Quote :
Also, 2 Peter 3:9 is where it talks about none should perish. Who is none? Who/What is it referencing to? Please research thoroughly before answering this question.
Umm...none is refering to none. He said he wishes for everyone to come to repentance. God wants no human to perish.

Quote :
The process to Hell is exaggerated. You're not drawn off by angels, put in cells, stand in lines, etc. You're placed before God, He judges you, you are deemed either sanctified or condemned, and you will immediately be sent to wherever your reward is.
That is true, this is a fictitious story, it said so in the beginning.

Quote :
As for showing your relatives the gospel, that is something that must be done, without a doubt.
Definitely
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:44 am

Mr. Rotout wrote:
This is a fictional story. It's only made to make you think.
yes exactly, thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Video I think all Christians should watch   A Video I think all Christians should watch Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A Video I think all Christians should watch

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion-
How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com