-----------------------------------------------------
 
HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Christian Dating

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheBeastSlayer

avatar

Number of posts : 2165
Age : 26
Location : Kingdom of God,State Of Delusion, USA
Registration date : 2009-03-26
Points : 6067

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:34 am

LastFirstborn wrote:
A word of advice, Jim; not all 'nice, Christian girls' are really all that nice, or even very committed to Christianity. My ex-girlfriend turned out to be shallow and cliquey, and ended up not 'walking the walk', either -- barely two months into our relationship, she started partying, doing drugs, and shortly after those two things, cheating on me for a conceited ******* who doesn't even treat her very well. So, in a nutshell, be careful with all girls; even Christian girls.

"Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." -- Proverbs 31:30
Give this a bump. Same thing happened to me..well no drugs or partying..or cheating. Backstabbing, youre-not-really-a-true-christian, that was tho. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
Matt



Number of posts : 7214
Age : 29
Location : -
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Points : 6695

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:21 pm

I am with you Jim Razz

Looks are incredibly important for me,
as is their intelligence and beliefs (her vision shouldn't have to be exactly mine, but at least some vital things should be the same).

I know a truckload of hot girls,
sadly enough all of them are taken or just plain 'not smart/mature/wise' enough.

I'm a 20y old and I didn't have a gf in probably some of the most crucial years of having a gf (18-20), I didn't really want one, I had a bad experience with a girl and I didn't want the responsibility,
nowadays I start to feel this is changing, and I would love to have someone next to me.

Now let's hope something changes soon. >.<
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

avatar

Number of posts : 10442
Age : 48
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Points : 10568

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:44 pm

Matt wrote:
nowadays I start to feel this is changing, and I would love to have someone next to me.

Now let's hope something changes soon. >.<

Todd's available Razz

_________________
NapalmDave wrote:
if you have a comb over or wear your sisters pants then walk on, no use for you here

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM rules you, dont forget it


Munkey wrote:
Sine waves, my friend. They represent a whole hell of a lot more than mere 9th grade geometry. Wink


Saint Raven wrote:
Owl City makes me long for the sweet silence of my own future grave.
Back to top Go down
mazzie

avatar

Number of posts : 5090
Age : 32
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-11-03
Points : 7746

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:50 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
sherri

avatar

Number of posts : 802
Age : 54
Location : blackwood,nj
Registration date : 2009-07-27
Points : 4645

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:23 pm

no...jeff didnt just post that! i wouldnt wish todd and his gas on anyone else,unless she she were a perfect gas enimating gal!! lol!

_________________
in His service,by serving others thru their metal music ministries.www.myspace.com/postitivepromotions
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/postivepromotions
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5008

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Matt wrote:
I am with you Jim Razz

Looks are incredibly important for me,
as is their intelligence and beliefs (her vision shouldn't have to be exactly mine, but at least some vital things should be the same).

I know a truckload of hot girls,
sadly enough all of them are taken or just plain 'not smart/mature/wise' enough.

I'm a 20y old and I didn't have a gf in probably some of the most crucial years of having a gf (18-20), I didn't really want one, I had a bad experience with a girl and I didn't want the responsibility,
nowadays I start to feel this is changing, and I would love to have someone next to me.

Now let's hope something changes soon. >.<

Amen brother! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
DJ B.K.

avatar

Number of posts : 352
Age : 33
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio
Registration date : 2008-12-03
Points : 3928

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:20 pm

I'm 24 and never even had a date. Have no idea how to start. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/themessagedjbk
therockismighty

avatar

Number of posts : 923
Age : 36
Location : Aussieland
Registration date : 2009-06-14
Points : 4432

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:03 am

Looks are important, if your not attracted to someone, you can't turn on attraction... its just there.

Like I can't kiss someone or be close to someone whom I think is funny but extremely unattractive... its not shallow... its the truth. There is someone for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Exquisite Corpse

avatar

Number of posts : 119
Age : 30
Location : New England (currently)
Registration date : 2009-01-28
Points : 3689

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:13 am

Hero wrote:
Well, it involves some communication of course.. Smile To be eagerly seeking one as a priority is not the way to go tho.

It can "just happen" when you go meet a friend somewhere just to see them, but they present you this one girl and you get talking and then you're on the train. etc.

There's a middle between staying at home doing nothing and going out to the bar everynight trying to find the perfect half...

The most important advice I was trying to share was to really not seek a relationship as a priority.
Yeah I share your view as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.love146.com
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5008

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:41 pm

DJ B.K. wrote:
I'm 24 and never even had a date. Have no idea how to start. No

Join some dating sites!
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Tallerthanatree

avatar

Number of posts : 957
Age : 27
Location : Kentucky
Registration date : 2009-07-26
Points : 4402

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:31 pm

Jim wrote:
DJ B.K. wrote:
I'm 24 and never even had a date. Have no idea how to start. No

Join some dating sites!

Or get out and meet people...
Back to top Go down
HellxBovine

avatar

Number of posts : 515
Age : 28
Location : MCAS Beaufort
Registration date : 2009-08-01
Points : 4010

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:02 pm

Christian dating sites piss me off so much. I'm not saying there isn't a legitimate one out there, but all the advertisements I've seen for them are nothing different from secular dating sites. They're just not blatantly saying "GET A GIRL AND F*** HER TONIGHT" to make it obvious.

There is no reason why a true Christian should have his/her mind wrapped around finding a partner. That means we give in to the flesh, and when our mind is fixed on that our mind is not fixed on the things of God, and we are placed right into the devil's hands.

That and very few women I've met in my life I thought were completely trustworthy. They say "look in church", but believe it or not, that's exactly where I've found some of the most shallow, self-centered, hypocritical women I've ever met. Just because a girl has been going to church all her life doesn't mean she's not a player, or know's how to play with a guy's heart and break it without feeling any remorse.

My last girlfriend was not a Christian. Yeah, shoot me. And to be honest, both of our beliefs were completely different and opposite. So was it attractiveness that let us find each other? Maybe. I don't think I'm completely hideous, but I haven't turned any heads yet so I'm guessing I'm remarkably average. But that was my longest relationship. It's almost like I understood her completely. I'm not saying I did, but I'm saying that maybe if I tried to invest in the relationship we would probably still be together. But of course, I didn't put any effort into it, because I didn't want to get tied up with a girl who wasn't Christian. Was I making a mistake? I'm not sure, but obviously it was God's will so I let it be.

I've been single for over a year now. There have been times I've felt like I've needed a girlfriend, other times I couldn't have been happier that I've been single. Right now I'm sort of in the balance, but really it's not a necessity to me, because I don't let it become a priority. I know of the sin that can come from it, I also know about the beauty of marriage, but it's Christians who put relationships before God who make the insane divorce rate in the church equal to the divorce rate in the world.

I probably don't have a very good philosophy on dating, but I do have a Bible, and it tells me that a virtuous woman is hard to find. So I guess you can say that I'm waiting for that virtuous woman to cross paths with me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lancelot1510
Kheiron

avatar

Number of posts : 93
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-15
Points : 3388

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:58 pm

HellxBovine wrote:
There is no reason why a true Christian should have his/her mind wrapped around finding a partner. That means we give in to the flesh, and when our mind is fixed on that our mind is not fixed on the things of God, and we are placed right into the devil's hands.

I remember reading a passage in Corinthians that said something to the effect of "if you can be unmarried and remain pure, do it. If not, get married."

I don't really think it's "giving in to flesh" to want to date someone, it's just in our nature and part of the way God designed us. It's only giving in to flesh if you are pursuing that option with bad intentions.
Back to top Go down
FireProphet

avatar

Number of posts : 746
Age : 33
Location : TACOMA
Registration date : 2009-07-27
Points : 4166

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:30 am

Kheiron wrote:
I don't really think it's "giving in to flesh" to want to date someone, it's just in our nature and part of the way God designed us. It's only giving in to flesh if you are pursuing that option with bad intentions.
For rel.

Matthew 19:9-12, "And I say to you, Whoever shall put away his wife, except for fornication, and shall marry another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is put away commits adultery. His disciples said to Him, If this is the case of the man with his wife, it is not good to marry. But He said to them, Not all receive this word, except those to whom it is given. For there are some eunuchs who were born so from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of Heaven's sake. He who is able to receive it, let him receive it."

I am not a eunuch. Therefore, I'm working my magic to find a hottie worth pursuing a serious relationship with Wink
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

avatar

Number of posts : 923
Age : 36
Location : Aussieland
Registration date : 2009-06-14
Points : 4432

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:48 am

I know you mean well, but I cringe when people use the term hottie.... its just so cliche and yeah... not the coolest thing... its like me saying beefcake about guys... Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Kheiron

avatar

Number of posts : 93
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-15
Points : 3388

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:24 pm

I know alot of guys who wouldn't mind being called a "beefcake"...actually I don't think I know a guy who wouldn't mind being called that haha. But I understand what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Matt



Number of posts : 7214
Age : 29
Location : -
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Points : 6695

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:57 pm

will you be my beefcake? xD
Back to top Go down
Averzaath

avatar

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 30
Location : Woerden, The Netherlands
Registration date : 2009-08-02
Points : 4578

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:44 pm

therockismighty wrote:
I know you mean well, but I cringe when people use the term hottie.... its just so cliche and yeah... not the coolest thing... its like me saying beefcake about guys... Wink Razz
would you mind if I would call you a hottie? gooby
Back to top Go down
http://www.bob-haagma.com/
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5008

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:46 pm

HellxBovine wrote:
Christian dating sites piss me off so much. I'm not saying there isn't a legitimate one out there, but all the advertisements I've seen for them are nothing different from secular dating sites. They're just not blatantly saying "GET A GIRL AND F*** HER TONIGHT" to make it obvious.

There is no reason why a true Christian should have his/her mind wrapped around finding a partner. That means we give in to the flesh, and when our mind is fixed on that our mind is not fixed on the things of God, and we are placed right into the devil's hands.

That and very few women I've met in my life I thought were completely trustworthy. They say "look in church", but believe it or not, that's exactly where I've found some of the most shallow, self-centered, hypocritical women I've ever met. Just because a girl has been going to church all her life doesn't mean she's not a player, or know's how to play with a guy's heart and break it without feeling any remorse.

My last girlfriend was not a Christian. Yeah, shoot me. And to be honest, both of our beliefs were completely different and opposite. So was it attractiveness that let us find each other? Maybe. I don't think I'm completely hideous, but I haven't turned any heads yet so I'm guessing I'm remarkably average. But that was my longest relationship. It's almost like I understood her completely. I'm not saying I did, but I'm saying that maybe if I tried to invest in the relationship we would probably still be together. But of course, I didn't put any effort into it, because I didn't want to get tied up with a girl who wasn't Christian. Was I making a mistake? I'm not sure, but obviously it was God's will so I let it be.

I've been single for over a year now. There have been times I've felt like I've needed a girlfriend, other times I couldn't have been happier that I've been single. Right now I'm sort of in the balance, but really it's not a necessity to me, because I don't let it become a priority. I know of the sin that can come from it, I also know about the beauty of marriage, but it's Christians who put relationships before God who make the insane divorce rate in the church equal to the divorce rate in the world.

I probably don't have a very good philosophy on dating, but I do have a Bible, and it tells me that a virtuous woman is hard to find. So I guess you can say that I'm waiting for that virtuous woman to cross paths with me.

You've clearly had some bad experiences, but u dont have to be negative about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5008

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Averzaath wrote:
therockismighty wrote:
I know you mean well, but I cringe when people use the term hottie.... its just so cliche and yeah... not the coolest thing... its like me saying beefcake about guys... Wink Razz
would you mind if I would call you a hottie? gooby

oh stop it u naughty boy! gooby
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
FireProphet

avatar

Number of posts : 746
Age : 33
Location : TACOMA
Registration date : 2009-07-27
Points : 4166

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:55 pm

therockismighty wrote:
I know you mean well, but I cringe when people use the term hottie.... its just so cliche and yeah... not the coolest thing... its like me saying beefcake about guys... Wink Razz
And I am using it in regard to cliche hotties. So, cringe away.

If you like, you could imagine that when I write 'hotties' it actually reads plastics. Cause I like those, too and they're semi-interchangeable... not quite though.

Haha, seriously though, I should prolly clarify I would never actually call a girl a hottie to her face. Hottie is more what I jokingly say when talking about girls with friends for the sake of being ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Kheiron

avatar

Number of posts : 93
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-15
Points : 3388

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:48 pm

Matt wrote:
will you be my beefcake? xD
Only If you promise to always dress like Bruno. Laughing
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

avatar

Number of posts : 923
Age : 36
Location : Aussieland
Registration date : 2009-06-14
Points : 4432

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:40 pm

ok, girls can be hotties and guys beefcakes... from now on... i love all you beefcakes!
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5008

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:04 am

therockismighty wrote:
ok, girls can be hotties and guys beefcakes... from now on... i love all you beefcakes!

Aren't "beefcakes" suppose to be like buff muscly guys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
therockismighty

avatar

Number of posts : 923
Age : 36
Location : Aussieland
Registration date : 2009-06-14
Points : 4432

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:42 am

yeah mostly, maybe guys can be called dreamboats or studmuffins instead, incase some have no muscles Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   

Back to top Go down
 

Christian Dating

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion-
Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com