JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:40 am

Matt wrote:
will you be my beefcake? xD

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM rules you, dont forget it

Munkey wrote:
Sine waves, my friend. They represent a whole hell of a lot more than mere 9th grade geometry. Wink

Saint Raven wrote:
Owl City makes me long for the sweet silence of my own future grave.
Back to top Go down
Jim

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:26 pm

JeffdlS wrote:
Matt wrote:
will you be my beefcake? xD

Love it
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Averzaath

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:28 pm

therockismighty wrote:
yeah mostly, maybe guys can be called dreamboats or studmuffins instead, incase some have no muscles Razz
cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.bob-haagma.com/
Autumn_Spring

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Kheiron wrote:
HellxBovine wrote:
There is no reason why a true Christian should have his/her mind wrapped around finding a partner. That means we give in to the flesh, and when our mind is fixed on that our mind is not fixed on the things of God, and we are placed right into the devil's hands.

I remember reading a passage in Corinthians that said something to the effect of "if you can be unmarried and remain pure, do it. If not, get married."

I don't really think it's "giving in to flesh" to want to date someone, it's just in our nature and part of the way God designed us. It's only giving in to flesh if you are pursuing that option with bad intentions.

I agree with Kheiron, it's a normal God-given desire. Though if that desire becomes out of hand and starts to overtake the desire for God to rule your life that things could become dangerous and we may end up making wrong decisions or getting hurt/hurting people etc. It's a lot about trusting!! (learning this over again for myself recently!!!)
Back to top Go down
metalgrinch

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:28 pm

Looks, faith, looks, faith... it's a constant juggling act and I feel we can get so perfectionistic until we actually find someone who is a good balance of both. I'm not much of a dater for 3 reasons:
1. I don't feel at the time it's what God wants me to do considering how busy I am with school and future plans
2. I get nervous and don't know how to get to KNOW girls... like, where do you start? Do you become friends first? Do you ask her out on the spot? How, where, who?
3. I get nervous that if I ask someone on a date and we go out, there'll be strings attached, rumors started, and a general feeling of "weirdness" in case it doesn't work out.

I don't want to be one of these serial dater types... or maybe I would. Hmmm... I honestly don't know what I want - but when it comes to finding the right girl (looks + faith), it would be great if God could just lay her on my lap, but I have a feeling that He's not going to do that, and I have a feeling that if He does, I won't appreciate it as much. In reality, I've become afraid of faliure, rejection, and most of all, humiliation... that Songs of Solomon verse: "do not entice love until it so desires" is way too vague. How do you really KNOW?

So in regards to the original argument, looks MATTER, they do, why else would God have made guys so visually stimulated? And it would be so cliche and lame for those who say "well, looks don't matter at all, it's personality that's most" blah blah yadda yadda, have heard it a million times, still have yet to see a difference in the world in regards to it.
Unfortunately, the "hottest" girls tend to usually be secular. And when we say "hot," we mean attractive in a way that gets our attention upon first glance. "Hot" is really reserved for people we don't yet know, because once they open their mouths it can go either way. For the most part "hot" girls don't have very interesting things to say, and the guys who usually snag them are just as plastic as they are.

The ugly truth is this: The girl you desire in your mind and your loins NOW is most likely NOT how the girl you marry will end up looking like.

Be careful with what you lustfully want and what you pridefully reject, God usually has very interesting and ironic ways of blowing up these selfish traits right in our faces.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=610958313
Kr├Ąg

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:15 am

i dont whant to be in another relationship

not for my sake, but for the sake of women everywere
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dating   

Back to top Go down

Christian Dating

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion-
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com