BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Vocal Techniques!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JiK

JiK

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Vocal Techniques! - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Vocal Techniques!   Vocal Techniques! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 12, 2009 10:25 am

JiK wrote:
I've did some grunt work in a little band.
HERE you can listen something of that. I've cut out the most of the clean singing. i discovered that it isn't something for me. i'll keep it at grunting.

this band was called blue staring eyes, we've got another demo at youtube somewhere, but the band no longer exists any more. We found out that our stiles we wanted to play didn't match... to bad, because i really want to grunt in a metalband!

please say what you think about my grunting! my technique is to let my breath "roll" it's dificuld to explain in English for me...

anyone some tips or....
Back to top Go down
Chou

Chou

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Vocal Techniques!   Vocal Techniques! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:41 pm

I generally run my vocals through this series of effects: Grain Delay, Chorus, Phaser, Delay (very slight, though. Just for ambience)

I boost the frequency of the grain delay during screams and i get this nice crunchy sprayed effect. I think Manson uses a grain delay on his vocals, i just use it in serious moderation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/echelonhigh
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Vocal Techniques!   Vocal Techniques! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:24 am

Chou, if I hadn't already heard your music to tell that your vocals sound fine, I would think that you use too many effects.

I only use a few effects on my vocals, but not to make them sound better than they really are. My recording software tends to make my screams sound condensed, so I use very light levels of distortion to kind of regain the "edge" that gets lost in the recording process. I also use slight reverb and delay for definition.

I'm a very talented vocalist with a strong set of chords and incredible range. I can switch from the lowest, most brutal of death metal growls to Zao-style screams in the blink of an eye, and my vocals don't lose any stamina all the way to the final notes of my takes. I can do near-perfect imitations of the vocalists from Cannibal Corpse, August Burns Red, Zao, Bring Me the Horizon, The Devil Wears Prada, Emperor, and Impending Doom.
Back to top Go down
longsuffering

longsuffering

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Vocal Techniques!   Vocal Techniques! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:40 am

man i just go 4 it and dont think about how much its guna hurt 2marrwo and take a brake wen i feel like im guna peeook ... with a little reeverb and deelay sounds sick!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thylongsuffering
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Vocal Techniques!   Vocal Techniques! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:56 am

longsuffering wrote:
man i just go 4 it and dont think about how much its guna hurt 2marrwo and take a brake wen i feel like im guna peeook ... with a little reeverb and deelay sounds sick!!

Your vocals sound awesome, but if screaming causes you physical pain, then you're probably not doing it right. You could damage your vocal cords over time. No I used to wreck my throat and even feel like vomiting from belting out my vocals, and at that point I was doing it wrong. Watching "The Zen of Screaming" helped me a ton in finding the right technique. The most important thing is to make sure you scream from your chest voice, instead of putting the pressure directly in your throat. I always scream and growl completely from my diaphragm, never straight from the throat, and I don't get hurt from doing vocals anymore.
Back to top Go down
Kan-o-sushi

Kan-o-sushi

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Vocal Techniques!   Vocal Techniques! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:26 am

I do death and black metal vocals.

I haven't been getting much practice though lately Sad
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eclipsingblack
lhversaw

lhversaw

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Vocal Techniques!   Vocal Techniques! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:43 pm

i have been trying black metal lyrics and also want to do death vocals but i can't figure out just exactly how to do them. my black metal vocals sound like a whisper no volume or power. now i don't have a mic so i just do it in my room just to practice but still i can't seem to get it. i find myself using sort of a false upper head scream which ends up sounding more hardcoreish and it does make my throat sore. exactly how do you use a chest voice? and how can i know if i am using my diaphram or not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vocal Techniques!   Vocal Techniques! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Vocal Techniques!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Music Discussion :: Musicians Lair-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com