BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Do people on here really care about other people on here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Do people on here really care about other people on here? Vide
PostSubject: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:37 pm

someone mentioned to me that this place has a family atmosphere, and while i wont disagree there, i was wondering if people on here genuinely cared about the other people on here. what do you think about it personally? if you do care to what extent?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:44 pm

I do care about people on here.

Unfortunately, most of us won't have the "memorial luxury" that that the late Cassidy had - as the majority will just fade away with "I wonder what happened to ______?" as fleeting and passing thoughts.

To this day, there are a few people I think about that I talked to years ago on instant messenger and e-mail.

I wonder what happened to them. *does something else*
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
ELAN

ELAN

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Here's the thing... there are some people who say all sorts of things like "I pray for you all the time, I care about you,' etc., but you know that it's not really so much the case.

I think it is unrealistic to think that every single person here cares about every single person here.

However, I think in a lot of cases, lines have been figuratively drawn to see who cares about whom.

I don't think we have a completely dull thing going on around here... I feel a tad bit more tight-knit here than I ever did at Firestream.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
SSG Jake

SSG Jake

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Well, I se yall as friends. I don't know all of your names, but I like it here. I think it was prettty clear when Cassidy died that people were heartbroken. I wasn't, but just because I didn't know him. But guys like hguols, thebeastslayer(or boxxy, whatever you call yourself this week Razz ) and olias, and the ever so shmexy bmac, yeah, I consider yall friends. and I hope you think the ame of me.
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:26 pm

I definitely think I have close bonds with quite a few people here, yes
Back to top Go down
Munkey

Munkey

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:31 pm

I do genuinely care about a few online folk I've met and kept up with through the years. We're still in the budding era of teh internets, but once things keep trucking along some more, it won't be looked on as "weird" as it is now to have genuine "online friends" whom you sincerely care about and interact with daily. There are a handful of yall that I have learned a lot from, and even a handful that I've met in real life. Not many would be put on the "I really care about this person and want to be a part of their life for the rest of my time here", but a select few would, and they (at least most of them) know who they are. I really hope they continue to be a part of my life for years to come.

grouphug

That reminds me...

I need to print out that **** for Cassidy's parents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/acadianametal
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Munkey wrote:
I do genuinely care about a few online folk I've met and kept up with through the years. We're still in the budding era of teh internets, but once things keep trucking along some more, it won't be looked on as "weird" to have genuine "online friends" whom you sincerely care about. There are a handful of yall that I have learned from, and even a handful that I've met. Not many would be put on the "I really care about this person and want to be a part of their life for the rest of my time here", but a select few would, and they (at least most of them) know who they are.

grouphug

That reminds me...

I need to print out that **** for Cassidy's parents.

+1
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:37 pm

I do.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:09 pm

ELAN wrote:
Here's the thing... there are some people who say all sorts of things like "I pray for you all the time, I care about you,' etc., but you know that it's not really so much the case.

I've heard you say something like this before - how do you really know this? Unless you're looking in the window at them, you're just assuming they don't pray. Unless you're wandering around in their head, you're assuming they don't care.

Here's a nice thought - maybe there are followers of Christ here who are honest people, and who sincerely pray for someone before/during/after they type saying such. Maybe there are people here who aren't oozing misanthropy and actually do care for their ePen-Pals. I can only speak for myself on this, but I can't make you believe my sincerity.

I don't know if it's true for other people, just like you don't know.
I'd rather believe it is, than doubt it, and I think that's more the point than whether or not it actually happens.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:16 pm

Well, I have a girlfriend now.. and not just any girlfriend.. it's like we're married already or something. So i have been less active 'cause of that. But I do care about people on here.

The Blabberboard generally is a very friendly forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
pinkRenne

pinkRenne

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:17 pm

I do. Infact, if it were not for many of the people I have met mostly on bb and firestream I probably wouldn't give a crap about anyone in real life today. Because I could work on relationships over the internet before in real life I have many friends and loved ones today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/soinluv05
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
Well, I have a girlfriend now.. and not just any girlfriend.. it's like we're married already or something. So i have been less active 'cause of that. But I do care about people on here.

The Blabberboard generally is a very friendly forum.

You're not the only one. ....though, I'm taking it quite a bit slower than you....
Back to top Go down
HellxBovine

HellxBovine

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:28 am

Some of more interesting people I've "met" on the internet, have been on this forum. I don't have bad things to say about anyone here, just that all of you are really strange people and need psychiatric care. But hell, I probably do too. \m/

Love you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lancelot1510
Kan-o-sushi

Kan-o-sushi

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:59 am

I feel I've lost the connection I used to have to this community - it happens though.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eclipsingblack
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:38 am

I seriously do care about people on here.
Yeah Cassidy had a little bit more of an impact, but I'd feel the same about Metl, Huggles. Jojo, IMP, Pinkehh, and Lizzie.
Lizzie, Jojo, and Metl are my bff's.
I truly care about them.
We are a family here, and if we lost one of our own it would feel the same as with Cassidy.
A life is a life, and it does not matter if I knew them IRL or not.
And of course my favorite bender: Stender. I love you

Last edited by TheBeastSlayer on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
Garrison4JC

Garrison4JC

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:47 am

Online relationships to me are just as real as my other friendships. There are very real people beyond the screen you are reading this message on, after all. Honestly, I talk to most of you far more than I do my friends who live here in short driving distance.

However, I do understand how one might feel cynical with others and question whether or not their confessed friendship is genuine. I have certainly had my fair share of "fair-weather friends" in the past that gave me a bitter taste. I have also heard all of the "I will pray for you" statements and wondered if they really did or not. Personally, I pray for the person right then and there because that is how I was raised and what I believe to be right.

You know, I am going to share something else here...most of you know I have a terminal illness called Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS). About a month ago I started asking for donations toward the ALS Association through the "Walk to Defeat ALS" fundraiser event I am attending October 2. Did you know that the majority of those who donated are friends who I have met through BlabberBoard?! That really says something as to if people really care or not, doesn't it?

I have an idea that if I didn't pop in here or post a new Master's Metal Podcast, after a couple of weeks a few of you would probably even go to great lengths to find out what happened to me. How do I know this? Because when I was sick ealier this year and "vanished" for two weeks, I had at least 8 people from here actually go through the work of getting my phone number and calling me to make sure I was okay. Wow!

There are a few people on here that I would do the same with. Why? Because I do care about them. I do not care about the "digital wall" between us. A friend is a friend, period.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garrison4jc
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:09 am

Garrison4JC wrote:
Online relationships to me are just as real as my other friendships. There are very real people beyond the screen you are reading this message on, after all. Honestly, I talk to most of you far more than I do my friends who live here in short driving distance.

However, I do understand how one might feel cynical with others and question whether or not their confessed friendship is genuine. I have certainly had my fair share of "fair-weather friends" in the past that gave me a bitter taste. I have also heard all of the "I will pray for you" statements and wondered if they really did or not. Personally, I pray for the person right then and there because that is how I was raised and what I believe to be right.

You know, I am going to share something else here...most of you know I have a terminal illness called Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS). About a month ago I started asking for donations toward the ALS Association through the "Walk to Defeat ALS" fundraiser event I am attending October 2. Did you know that the majority of those who donated are friends who I have met through BlabberBoard?! That really says something as to if people really care or not, doesn't it?

I have an idea that if I didn't pop in here or post a new Master's Metal Podcast, after a couple of weeks a few of you would probably even go to great lengths to find out what happened to me. How do I know this? Because when I was sick ealier this year and "vanished" for two weeks, I had at least 8 people from here actually go through the work of getting my phone number and calling me to make sure I was okay. Wow!

There are a few people on here that I would do the same with. Why? Because I do care about them. I do not care about the "digital wall" between us. A friend is a friend, period.

+10000 there are people on here that i consider real friends, most of you know who you are, or atleast i would hope so, some of my best friends i have met online, we live in the 21st century, where everyone from everywhere can be connected and i think its great i can be good friends with someone from a different state, or a different country. generally i dont make friends on forums, but the atmosphere of this place fosters them. many of the people on here i can even trust with things i wouldnt trust my in-person friends with.
Back to top Go down
lizzie.christine

lizzie.christine

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:53 am

I absolutely care about the people on here, especially the ones I've connected with. I would jump at the chance of spending time with many of the people here. I truly do feel like it's somewhat of a family.
I've made some amazing friends through this site. There are a handful of people that I truly consider to be very close friends of mine; as close as some of my "IRL" friends. Maybe closer. Cassidy was one of those people, and will honestly & truly always hold an extremely special palce in my heart. His death hit me just as hard as the death of one of my "IRL" friends would. It made me realize how much of a reality these relationships are, and how blessed I feel to be a part of this site.
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:38 am

Yes, Definitely, Like elan, tom (ghuols), Joey, Olias, matt (MetLHed4GZus), davis, beast slayer, mazzie, blake, etc these are people ive been friends with for a while now, and although im not as active on here anymore i read whats posted every single day, this is the only forum i have ever been like that with, hell i run my own forum and im not as active there as i am here, this board will always be a part of my life...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dave80tunes
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 2080

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:52 am

I would lay down my life for my brother (and sister).
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

Number of posts : 802

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

i agree with garrison.some folks on here i am very close to though we have never met personally! since him and i have disabilities you folks alot of times are the contacts and friends we make in the music business.i have had chances to "meet" many musicans/bands this way as i have had opportunities to promote many of you this way! many of you and you know who you are have been come very dear to me in lifting my ministry up in prayer and keeping me accoutable..with phone calls or an encouraging word when i sometimes feel like moses and must depend on my aaron and hur friends to keep lifting me up! w/o you guys and god; my ministry is meaningless and for that i am grateful to each of you that god has placed in my life for this reason! I love you cheers Very Happy

one more thing..thanks too for standing behind me with a unknown artist named steve yost and supporting and encouraging him thru me and giving a listen to his music and giving him a chance to be heard! its that has given us the willingness to persue god and his will more!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/postivepromotions
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:41 am

I have been very fortunate to have met several people from here, Firestream and The Cave. And yes, I really do care about the people on here.
Back to top Go down
Stender

Stender

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2010-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:41 am

im pretty new here but there are people here I consider good friends that throughtout my day I sometimes wonder how they are doing.

Theres definatley a level of respect here and other places like the heart of metal that are not to common on most message boards.
Back to top Go down
Martinez

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:27 pm

remember boy if they do not care, Jesus ALWAYS cares, that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Stender wrote:
im pretty new here but there are people here I consider good friends that throughtout my day I sometimes wonder how they are doing.

Theres definatley a level of respect here and other places like the heart of metal that are not to common on most message boards.

i can say that the only people i do not actually care about are the people i hardly know and its hard to care about those i dont know much about, chances are though if ive added you on facebook and i talk to you on a regular basis on there, i consider you a friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do people on here really care about other people on here?   Do people on here really care about other people on here? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Do people on here really care about other people on here?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com