BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
325ad

Number of posts : 967
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Vide
PostSubject: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 2:22 pm

I received a weird message from a friend who is a programmer in Latin America and the message said try this and draw your own conclusion. The message said type About Mozilla in the address and enter a bizarre message should appear. I use Internet explorer so I am not sure if it works or not. Yahoo Answers has a small piece on this as well as a warning to Christian users. Not sure, interesting to say the least.

Last edited by 325ad on Mon May 03, 2010 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 2:37 pm

I did it. It didn't do anything bad. Not sure what you are going for, but your friends claim is false.
Back to top Go down
Arch Duke of Metal

Arch Duke of Metal

Number of posts : 2164
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 2:47 pm

nope. nothing happened.
Back to top Go down
Arch Duke of Metal

Arch Duke of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 2:49 pm

well, other than taking me to the mozilla website.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Type:

about:mozilla

in the browser. It shows this:

Mammon slept. And the beast reborn spread over the earth and its numbers grew legion. And they proclaimed the times and sacrificed crops unto the fire, with the cunning of foxes. And they built a new world in their own image as promised by the sacred words, and spoke of the beast with their children. Mammon awoke, and lo! it was naught but a follower.

from The Book of Mozilla, 11:9
(10th Edition)

(I bolded everything they bolded)

Clicking on "sacred words" takes you here.

Clicking on "spoke" takes you here.

I think it's pretty cool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Mozilla
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
325ad

Number of posts : 967
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Hguols wrote:
Type:

about:mozilla

in the browser. It shows this:

Mammon slept. And the beast reborn spread over the earth and its numbers grew legion. And they proclaimed the times and sacrificed crops unto the fire, with the cunning of foxes. And they built a new world in their own image as promised by the sacred words, and spoke of the beast with their children. Mammon awoke, and lo! it was naught but a follower.

(10th Edition)

(I bolded everything they bolded)

Clicking on "sacred words" takes you here.

Clicking on "spoke" takes you here.

I think it's pretty cool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Mozilla

Thanks Hguols for getting me straightened out on this. I was translating Portuguese.
Back to top Go down
Arch Duke of Metal

Arch Duke of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 3:13 pm

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 3:21 pm

That is so freakin' metal Grim Banger

but it is really nothing to be worried about. This is from the wiki

Quote :
The Book of Mozilla is a computer Easter egg found in the Netscape and Mozilla series of web browsers.[1][2] It is viewed by directing the browser to about:mozilla.[3][4][5]
There is no real book entitled The Book of Mozilla. However, apparent quotations hidden in Netscape and Mozilla give this impression by revealing passages in the style of apocalyptic literature, such as the Book of Revelation in the Bible. When about:mozilla is typed into the location bar, various versions of these browsers display a cryptic message in white text on a maroon background in the browser window.
There are five official verses of The Book of Mozilla which have been included in shipping releases, although various unofficial verses can be found on the World Wide Web. All five official verses have scriptural chapter and verse references, although these are actually references to important dates in the history of Netscape and Mozilla.
The five verses all refer to the activities of a fearsome-sounding "beast". In its early days, Netscape Communications Corporation had a green fire-breathing dragon-like lizard mascot, known as Mozilla (after the code name for Netscape Navigator 1.0). From this, it can be conjectured that the "beast" referred to in The Book of Mozilla is a type of fire-breathing lizard, which can be viewed as a metaphor for, or personification of Netscape.
While part of the appeal of The Book of Mozilla comes from the mysterious nature, a knowledge of the history of Netscape and Mozilla can be used to extract some meaning from the verses. Furthermore, the Book of Mozilla page has annotations for each of the first, second, third and fifth verses hidden as comments in its HTML source code.[6] These comments were written by Valerio Capello in May 2004 and were added to the Mozilla Foundation site by Nicholas Bebout in October that year. Neither Capello nor Bebout are 'core' Mozilla decision-makers; and there is no evidence that Capello's interpretations received any high-level approval from the senior management of the Mozilla Foundation.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 3:26 pm

And the beast shall come forth surrounded by a roiling cloud of vengeance. The house of the unbelievers shall be razed and they shall be scorched to the earth. Their tags shall blink until the end of days.
from The Book of Mozilla, 12:10

And the beast shall be made legion. Its numbers shall be increased a thousand thousand fold. The din of a million keyboards like unto a great storm shall cover the earth, and the followers of Mammon shall tremble.
from The Book of Mozilla, 3:31

And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced. But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird. The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire and thunder upon them. For the beast had been reborn with its strength renewed, and the followers of Mammon cowered in horror.
from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15

And thus the Creator looked upon the beast reborn and saw that it was good.
from The Book of Mozilla, 8:20

And when the Beast had taken the quarter of the Earth under its rule, a quarter hundred Birds of Sulfur flew from the Depths. The birds crossed hundreds of mountain views and found twenty four wise men who came from the stars. And then it began, the believers dared to listen. Then, they took their pens and dared to create. Finally, they dared to share their deed with the whole of mankind. Spreading words of freedom and breaking the chains, the birds brought deliverance to everyone.
from The Book of Mozilla, 11:1

SERIOUSLY NEED TO TURN THOSE INTO A BLACK METAL SONG!!!!
Back to top Go down
Usvart Jorge

Usvart Jorge

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm

Dang.... I'm scared now...
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 4:53 pm

wtf......................unfortunatley nothing suprises me anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 5:07 pm

guys. It's an easter egg. Read the wiki. It is all made up. Sheesh, god I am going to write up some crazy ass apocalyptic fiction one of these days just to see if you will believe it.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 6:32 pm

i knew that.........................
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 6:45 pm

mhm.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 7:26 pm

mmmmmmmmmmm MMMMMMMMM!

No You Didn't
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Usvart Jorge

Usvart Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 8:30 pm

XD

I read the wiki as well.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 9:18 pm

a black metal song of some stupid bs? yeah, rather make a bm song with stuff straight from revelations.

it would be better if it wasnt such of a ripoff of revelations.

i dont think its really bad. i dont think its good. it really just is such a waste.
Back to top Go down
Saint Raven

Saint Raven

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 9:33 pm

The horror ... the horror.

Now I have to boycott Firefox just like I boycott Proctor & Gamble! Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cephalophore
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 10:31 pm

Hero wrote:
a black metal song of some stupid bs? yeah, rather make a bm song with stuff straight from revelations.

it would be better if it wasnt such of a ripoff of revelations.

i dont think its really bad. i dont think its good. it really just is such a waste.

Do you not have a sense of humor?
Back to top Go down
ELAN

ELAN

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 12:27 am

Man, do these programmers have lives at all?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 12:29 am

Personally, I think it's hilarious. If there's ever an actual fringe theory that Mozilla developers are spreading an actual evil occult propaganda, I will lol profusely.
Back to top Go down
Sean

Sean

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 12:48 am

That whole thing made my day lol
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 12:56 am

LastFirstborn wrote:
Personally, I think it's hilarious. If there's ever an actual fringe theory that Mozilla developers are spreading an actual evil occult propaganda, I will lol profusely.
There is...there totally has to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
Usvart Jorge

Usvart Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 12:56 pm

Saint Raven wrote:
The horror ... the horror.

Now I have to boycott Firefox just like I boycott Proctor & Gamble! Surprised

I feel your pain, man. I haven't used Bounty, even though it is the quicker picker upper, since I was a kid due to it being from Satan's company, Proctor & Gamble.
Back to top Go down
Kan-o-sushi

Kan-o-sushi

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 1:30 pm

As someone who used to program and design websites, I think it's hilarious they used an "apocalyptic vision" sort of writing style to speak to Mozilla's history - especially regarding improving web coding standards, etc. The allegory of the open-source Mozilla vs. the Microsoft-created Internet Explorer is awesome. Very creative easter egg, hehe. For those of you that don't get it and are just offended by it, you obviously don't understand geeky humor.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eclipsingblack
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!   Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Does The Browser Firefox have Satanic ties to its orgin? Firefox users try this!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com