BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Passions in life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Passions in life - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:34 am

- Christ
- Study of Bible
- University Studies
- Family
- Friends
- Outreach
- Music
- Writing
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:52 am

olias wrote:
Hero wrote:
Munkey wrote:
I don't like to spread myself too thin, so I'm the type of person that focuses ALL of their energy on a very narrow scope of interests and tries to absorb as much knowledge in those areas as is humanly possible. I do not seek knowledge in areas that do not interest me.

I have three passions in my life, in order:
    • Music
    • Mind-altering substances
    • Computers/technology

For real dude, I feel bad that drugs have such a high place in your life...
But anyways, here's mine. In order

- God
- The project I'm working on (see sig)
- Metal in general
- Cooking (I do this for a living)

I love cooking. I wouldn't want to do it for a living though. I am too messy and imprecise. However I love cooking because otherwise I would never get to eat the food I want to eat. Also my dietary needs as somebody who is trying to body build are pretty specific.
Its actually not that hard to be not messy when you get into a groove.
I make bread for a living (and some pastries somedays).
I love it! <333
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
Munkey

Munkey

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 am

Hero wrote:

Why is that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/acadianametal
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:16 am

Munkey wrote:
Hero wrote:

Why is that?

Because they are destructive and even when we get to realize how everything on Earth is vain, drugs are even more than anything else.
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:16 am

Munkey wrote:
Hero wrote:

Why is that?
Because it seems kinda sad is all...
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:24 am

lets move on plz.
Back to top Go down
Munkey

Munkey

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:37 pm

Drugs happen to be one of my passions in life, and this thread is about our passions in life, therefore I am going to address a few posts regarding drug use. I have no intent of derailing this thread, and I'm not going to keep this conversation going for longer than it needs to, but I would like to exchange a few words with Hero and BBB...

Hero wrote:
Munkey wrote:
Hero wrote:
For real dude, I feel bad
that drugs have such a high place in your life...
Why is that?
Because they are destructive and even when we get to realize how everything on Earth
is vain, drugs are even more than anything else.

While I do agree with you that drug abuse is quite a problem in the US/CAN, I do not believe that drugs are more vain than anything else. There are far more vain and destructive activities on this planet than using drugs (both abusing them and using them in moderation). Domestic abuse, both physical and psychological, scars people for life, and adultery and divorce continually destroy way more families in the US/CAN than drugs ever could, and the statistics are only getting worse!

Of course, in the end, this only boils down to drug use vs. drug abuse, so for the sake of this thread it is not something I will discuss here, but if you'd like to start a "Drug Use vs Drug Abuse" thread, I will be more than happy to participate in discussion there.

BOXXYBABEEBROOTAL wrote:
Munkey wrote:
Why is that?

How so?
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:46 pm

Couldnt you have just PMd them? I agree that this is your passion and you were just being truthful, but please, I just want ONE ******* THREAD without controversy. Munky, I am not mad at you, just frustrated that the BB is so rife with raeg.

Hero, stop. He is just saying what is his passion. Whether it is a good or bad passion may be moot, but that is not the intent of this thread.
Back to top Go down
metalgrinch

metalgrinch

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:11 pm

I've been passionate about different things throughout different years of my life.
I used to be very passionate about the following things but fell away from them:

-Cars (particularly the import compact hook-up culture)
-Basketball (when I was like 10 I wanted to be a pro NBA player)
-Drawing (when I was a kid, and it stopped when I found I was in actuality a terrible artist)
-Guitar (I didn't feel myself getting any better at it, or ever being able to write anything creative or worth remembering, so my own self-critic advised me to quit, so I did. Best to leave the music to the experts)
-Biology (I took a few classes but that's all, I don't have the time or purpose to study it further, but life, cells, and bugs are super cool... perhaps one day teach it to young elementary school kids)

These are things I feel passionate towards now:

-Music
-School and my current desire to be a teacher
-Friendships (particular those with the female species)
-Family (I just enjoy hanging with them a lot more than I used to)
-Writing (only when I'm inspired to write a poem or something similar... although I've been pretty dry for a long while now)
-Figuring out what God is thinking about me every second of every day, and becoming overly paranoid and negative about it, because, well, I have no idea what He's thinking, like, ever. But that doesn't mean I stop trying and trying to figure it out and making up depressing assumptions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=610958313
Hero

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:49 pm

olias wrote:
Couldnt you have just PMd them? I agree that this is your passion and you were just being truthful, but please, I just want ONE ******* THREAD without controversy. Munky, I am not mad at you, just frustrated that the BB is so rife with raeg.

Hero, stop. He is just saying what is his passion. Whether it is a good or bad passion may be moot, but that is not the intent of this thread.

How bout you take a chill pill? Aight.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Why should I? Is it seriously too much to ask that ya'll just FOR ONCE not turn a thread into a debate?
Back to top Go down
Munkey

Munkey

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Hero, feel free to respond to my post. Olias, this is a message board. We're not arguing, and really we aren't even debating; just having healthy discussion, and best of all, neither of us are even upset with each other. We're just discussing the topic at hand. That's what message boards are all about.

Passions in life - Page 2 D6NY6
Back to top Go down
thevelvetriot

thevelvetriot

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:59 pm

I think food should be passion of life because without it we don't have a life to be passionate about.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:53 pm

I have a problem (morally) with drug use. The bible says that drunkards will not inherit the Kingdom of God. You can easily apply this to drug abuse if you compare the two. But this is not really what we're talking about since you're more into drug use. My problem with it is that when doing psychoactive drugs you loose some control over yourself and anything can come in and influence you to do things you wouldn't do otherwise. I believe we need to be fully in control of ourselves at all times.

That being said, I've done drugs before. I liked it, a lot. My favorite was magic mushrooms but I don't wanna do it ever again because I know it wouldn't please God because of what I stated above. If I didn't care so much about God, I'd probly do drugs again. But it would be bittersweet because of the problems it would bring: potential abuse problems, radical mood changes, financial issues and brain damage over time.

Last edited by Hero on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Munkey wrote:
Hero, feel free to respond to my post. Olias, this is a message board. We're not arguing, and really we aren't even debating; just having healthy discussion, and best of all, neither of us are even upset with each other. We're just discussing the topic at hand. That's what message boards are all about.

Passions in life - Page 2 D6NY6

fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Number of posts : 7214
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:12 pm

Girlfriend.
Music.
School.
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 pm

Munkey wrote:
Drugs happen to be one of my passions in life, and this thread is about our passions in life, therefore I am going to address a few posts regarding drug use. I have no intent of derailing this thread, and I'm not going to keep this conversation going for longer than it needs to, but I would like to exchange a few words with Hero and BBB...

Hero wrote:
Munkey wrote:
Hero wrote:
For real dude, I feel bad
that drugs have such a high place in your life...
Why is that?
Because they are destructive and even when we get to realize how everything on Earth
is vain, drugs are even more than anything else.

While I do agree with you that drug abuse is quite a problem in the US/CAN, I do not believe that drugs are more vain than anything else. There are far more vain and destructive activities on this planet than using drugs (both abusing them and using them in moderation). Domestic abuse, both physical and psychological, scars people for life, and adultery and divorce continually destroy way more families in the US/CAN than drugs ever could, and the statistics are only getting worse!

Of course, in the end, this only boils down to drug use vs. drug abuse, so for the sake of this thread it is not something I will discuss here, but if you'd like to start a "Drug Use vs Drug Abuse" thread, I will be more than happy to participate in discussion there.

BOXXYBABEEBROOTAL wrote:
Munkey wrote:
Why is that?

How so?
Im not sure.
I was just tossin crap out there.
YOu ever done LSD's?
Back to top Go down
Munkey

Munkey

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:39 pm

BOXXYBABEEBROOTAL wrote:
Munkey wrote:
How so?
Im not sure.
YOu ever done LSD's?

You sure do seem to do that a lot. paranoid

Yes, I have used LSD many times. It is my favorite mind-altering substance for a plethora of reasons. I had 55 hits over the summer and even took some to Cornerstone with me last year. Watching Mankind (melodic hardcore) under a red & white striped tent while peaking on three hits of acid was very intense. I ended up taking another hit a little later too and really enjoyed it. Large festivals aren't my favorite setting when tripping, but it's cool to experience on occasion.

That is all I will talk about here and the last post I will make in this thread regarding my personal drug use (the MOD's don't like me talking about my drug use). If you'd like know more, you're more than welcome to PM me. I enjoying discussing this.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:13 pm

lawdy lawd.
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Munkey wrote:
BOXXYBABEEBROOTAL wrote:
Munkey wrote:
How so?
Im not sure.
YOu ever done LSD's?

You sure do seem to do that a lot. paranoid

Yes, I have used LSD many times. It is my favorite mind-altering substance for a plethora of reasons. I had 55 hits over the summer and even took some to Cornerstone with me last year. Watching Mankind (melodic hardcore) under a red & white striped tent while peaking on three hits of acid was very intense. I ended up taking another hit a little later too and really enjoyed it. Large festivals aren't my favorite setting when tripping, but it's cool to experience on occasion.

That is all I will talk about here and the last post I will make in this thread regarding my personal drug use (the MOD's don't like me talking about my drug use). If you'd like know more, you're more than welcome to PM me. I enjoying discussing this.
Yah...I do toss crap out there..
And I will.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Oh yeah, skateboarding might be one of my passions too.
Back to top Go down
ELAN

ELAN

Number of posts : 952

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:37 am

•Yahshua
•Wife
•Art
•Music
•Skateboarding
•Nature
•Nostalgia
•Tranquility
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:13 am

good thing i don't have a predisposition for drug abuse cause I have a lot of presrciptuion drugs aorund ym house.. that have just been saved up.. since half the time i woudl never use what doctors prescribed me.

let's see i got-

vicodin
temazpem
zolpidem (ambien)
baclofen ( mild muscle relaxer)
soma
codeine cough syrup
clonazepam
belladona anti convulsant for the gi track)
.. and other none addicted drugs
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:18 am

C-C-C-C-C-CO-CAAAAAAAAAINEEE!!! dance
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:43 am

if your going for a dopamine high.. cocaine is the worst choice.. it has an extremely short half life

I woulld mention would drugs have long lasting ( long half life) effect on dopamine recetors.. but I don't wanna give anyone unhealthy ideas. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passions in life   Passions in life - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Passions in life

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com