BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Garrison4JC

Garrison4JC

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Yep, that'll sum it all up perfectly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garrison4jc
Sutekh

Sutekh

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Mind you, expecting an original storyline from Hollywood is a big ask in these days of big-budget-low-intellect, remake-infested, sequels-to-mediocre-but-profitable-movies, CGI-spectaculars!

True, it looks like Cameron lifted the plot from Pocahontas/Dances with Wolves pretty much wholesale (which is why the film isn't that great), but lack of originality in storylines is hardly new in Hollywood. By the same logic, Star Wars is a crappy film because it rips off Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress -and few film fans would try to take that line!

These days, if something original or new gets through the Hollywood system, it's rare -and then people complain that it's odd (like District 9).
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:11 pm

The Hurt Locker was an excellent movie. I don't know if that was a hollywood flick though.
Back to top Go down
IMP

IMP

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
I finally saw this movie.

Here's my observations-

No originality whatsoever.

Really bad acting.

Really, really bad writing. I mean.. the writings was so trendy and childish, I was cringing.

No plot twists. Once you have seen the first twenty minutes.. you already know what is going to happen.

Characters are completely typical, in every way. The marines, the colonel, the scientists, the corporate villians.. the american indians ( i mean Naboo or whatever).

.. Seriously.. am I the only one who found this movie to completely suck?
I saw it in theaters in 3-D. It was alright. The concept was cool and the animation was sick, but that's about all it had going for it.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:57 pm

I watched it just for the hell of it a month ago. It was... surprisingly decent, actually. Nothing profound or special, but never boring.
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:32 am

I keep thinking this is about the Nickelodeon cartoon and im like ANG IS AWESOME! and then I realize its about blue people who arent smurfs... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 2080
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:02 am

this has 'Rental' written all over it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:31 am

BOXXYBABEEBROOTAL wrote:
I keep thinking this is about the Nickelodeon cartoon and im like ANG IS AWESOME! and then I realize its about blue people who arent smurfs... Sad

Yeah, I'm totally stoked for "The Last Airbender" to come out in theaters Banger
Back to top Go down
http://metalfroreview.blogspot.com
Theonymic

Theonymic

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:53 pm

Didn't like Avatar at all.
Need to see Pandorum.
District 9 was great, and I have high hopes for Inception, though I don't know how much it counts as a sci-fi.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:05 am

BOXXYBABEEBROOTAL wrote:

There's a live action movie based on that show in theaters right now. Looks pretty lame, though.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:04 am

i thought about watching this movie just because it's in 7.1 and supposedly has really great audio, hmm if it really is a Pocahontas rip off i think i'll skip it, it sounds pretty lame, well maybe i will atleast give it a shot. movies that suck that everyone seems to like are usually liked only because of good advertising, you see a preview and you think "oh this is gonna be great!" you already like the movie before you have seen it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
SSG Jake

SSG Jake

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:37 am

olias wrote:
The Hurt Locker was an excellent movie. I don't know if that was a hollywood flick though.
Man, that movie pissed me off.
[soapbox] OK, I realize that everyone's experience in Iraq is diferent, but from MY experience, those guys were thie biggest dirttbags in Army history, as far as being real soldiers, following regulations/common gosh-darn sense. I had a long list of the things they did wrong in that movie. But of course, it was hailed as, "The most realistic portrayal of the Iraq war EVAR!!1!" by people who sit in Air-conditioned rooms, sipping latte's and talk about what they think the war is like according to Micheal Moore. [/soapbox]
Back to top Go down
Gorlim (OMW)

Gorlim (OMW)

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:28 pm

MetalFRO wrote:

Yeah, I'm totally stoked for "The Last Airbender" to come out in theaters Banger

THIS!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepoet777
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Theonymic wrote:
Didn't like Avatar at all.
Need to see Pandorum.
District 9 was great, and I have high hopes for Inception, though I don't know how much it counts as a sci-fi.

Pandorum is the Sheiss. And as a benefit has one of the hottest new german actress's around -Antje Traue. She is the totally hawt.

Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 PandorumTEXT

Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Antje_traue
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
FireProphet

FireProphet

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:52 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
Pandorum is the Sheiss. And as a benefit has one of the hottest new german actress's around -Antje Traue. She is the totally hawt.
I thought it was great but still can't find anyone I know who has liked it. Even friends who claim to be sci-fi fans didn't like it.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:05 pm

Well I like and everyone I know personally that saw it liked it.. so I guess your just surrounded by people with bad taste. Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:37 am

I really liked Avatar. I wasn't expecting too much as I just watched it with an open mind and just enjoyed as it was.

Since it is going to be re-released next month or so in theaters,I wonder how many people will go see it again for the extra 8 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Phil metalhed

Phil metalhed

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:09 am

Probly the most ovarated movie eva. lol! Mad Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.truestance.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.   Avatar.   You've got to be kidding me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Avatar. You've got to be kidding me.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Everything Else :: Movies / TV-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com