BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Islam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorlim (OMW)

Gorlim (OMW)

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:42 am

So I've been reading about the Muslim center at Ground Zero situation. If you'd like, you can read some about it here:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/07/19/esposito.muslim.center/index.html

This infuriates me! How can people be so ignorant of other people's beliefs and try to take away one of the essential freedoms of this country? Prohibiting this Muslim center would be a huge mistake.

First off, it's not a mosque as many claim. It is a community center, built with the intention of bringing believers and non-believers together. It will have meeting rooms, prayer rooms, swimming pools, even a performing arts center.

People are heated because it will be built two blocks away from Ground Zero in New York. I can understand that some people raised their eyebrows over this, but I see nothing wrong with a Muslim community center being built.

Yet, people say they don't want this being built because they don't support the Muslim faith. When a Muslim center was going to be built in Murfreesboro, Tennessee (an hour from where I live), Lou Ann Zelenik things like Muslim centers are "designed to fracture the moral and political foundation of Middle Tennessee." What reason does she have to say this?!

Islam is not a violent religion, contrary to what many people seem to believe. It is not based on violence and does not promote any type of violence for violence's sake.

Everyone who thinks this way should do a little more research into the core beliefs of the Islamic faith.

/rant
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepoet777
St. Sliver

St. Sliver

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:01 am

This all makes sense. Christians need to promote love. This is a chance to do that. Not saying promoting the Muslim
faith is what God would do, but God would show love to everyone. It's wierd but I know. It's time that Gods love be shown properly.
Back to top Go down
Gorlim (OMW)

Gorlim (OMW)

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:05 am

St. Sliver wrote:
This all makes sense. Christians need to promote love. This is a chance to do that. Not saying promoting the Muslim
faith is what God would do, but God would show love to everyone. It's wierd but I know. It's time that Gods love be shown properly.

Word. We can show our Christian beliefs just by being friendly and showing Christ's love. Even if they are Islamic or Pagan or Satanic or atheist.

And, on the political side, we can't just deny someone their freedom of worship because it might hurt some people's feelings. Alot of people are hurt by what extremist Christians (a.k.a. Westboro Baptist) are doing, but there's still plenty of Christian churches around.

That is everyone's right.
Back to top Go down
Gorlim (OMW)

Gorlim (OMW)

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:10 pm

No other thoughts from anyone about this?
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:22 pm

I hear alot about God's love.. as if we know what that is.
It may make me un- Christian.. but I'm fine with Islam being censored in the Western Countries..

Just like wearing full berka's into a 7-11 should not be allowed. Western Civilization is a good thing and should be preserved.

Just because we have some freedom's does mean we don't have rules.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Gorlim (OMW)

Gorlim (OMW)

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:34 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
It may make me un- Christian.. but I'm fine with Islam being censored in the Western Countries..

Just like wearing full berka's into a 7-11 should not be allowed. Western Civilization is a good thing and should be preserved.

Actually, allowing freedom of worship and freedom of religion IS preserving Western Civilization. That's what our country is based on. We came to this country to escape religious tyranny. Why would try to hinder that freedom now?
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:36 pm

Gorlim (OMW) wrote:
Kamerad Ash wrote:

Actually, allowing freedom of worship and freedom of religion IS preserving Western Civilization. That's what our country is based on. We came to this country to escape religious tyranny. Why would try to hinder that freedom now?

exactly.. Islam is religious tyranny. Always has been, always will be. I'm not saying make it illegal.. but it also should not be given special status.
Back to top Go down
St. Sliver

St. Sliver

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Well all I think that God just has a plan for everything. He says this in the bible. It's time people just pray Gidd will instead of imposing our own. God can change the plans of the enemy so even if this is a bad thing avid will do what he wants regardless.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Some of the Christian sayings I loathe are-

" God has a plan for everything".

" Just pray".

With these sayings, you can escape having to actually think deeply about an issue.
Back to top Go down
Gorlim (OMW)

Gorlim (OMW)

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
Gorlim (OMW) wrote:
Kamerad Ash wrote:

exactly.. Islam is religious tyranny. Always has been, always will be. I'm not saying make it illegal.. but it also should not be given special status.

How is Islam religious tyranny?
Back to top Go down
St. Sliver

St. Sliver

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Yeah these things don't cause you to think cause it's not my will but Yours be done. Not my will therefore I dont add my two cents. Why think when all I'm gonna do is make it much more complicated the way that human thought does.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:54 pm

St. Sliver wrote:
Yeah these things don't cause you to think cause it's not my will but Yours be done. Not my will therefore I dont add my two cents. Why think when all I'm gonna do is make it much more complicated the way that human thought does.

Are you serious? I find this disturbing.

God gave you a brain for a reason.
Back to top Go down
325ad

Number of posts : 967
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:

Wow the end of the world must be at hand, I am starting to agree with Brother Ash more and more these days! Razz LOL
Back to top Go down
St. Sliver

St. Sliver

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:24 pm

Yeah God has given us a brain for a reason and that's to have common sense. But that brain also knows how to read. The bible says there is a way that is right to man but in the end leads to death. I refuse to believe that God gave me a brain so that I could forget Him and the desires and plans he has for me and all of His children. Do you handle evry situation in your life without first praying about it? Do you forgive yourself of your sins and honestly become clean? I know you didn't exactly take it this far but to everyhing you have to first consider what God has in store. You can't let you get in the way of God. That's what will cause the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:36 pm

St. Sliver wrote:
Yeah God has given us a brain for a reason and that's to have common sense. But that brain also knows how to read. The bible says there is a way that is right to man but in the end leads to death. I refuse to believe that God gave me a brain so that I could forget Him and the desires and plans he has for me and all of His children. Do you handle evry situation in your life without first praying about it? Do you forgive yourself of your sins and honestly become clean? I know you didn't exactly take it this far but to everyhing you have to first consider what God has in store. You can't let you get in the way of God. That's what will cause the end of the world.

I pray everyday. That doesn't mean I know what God's will.

Relax.. St Stilver. then end of world will come when it will come.. None of us are going to be able to hinder that. It will also come for all of us when we die.. whether or not the world is destroyed or not. When we die it is the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
Gorlim (OMW)

Gorlim (OMW)

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:16 am

Kamerad Ash wrote:
St. Sliver wrote:

I don't believe that St. Sliver is claiming to know God's will either. He's saying that praying and seeking God's will is the most important thing in general. Yet you told him that "God has a plan" and "pray about it" are the "kind of Christian sayings you don't like"...

So, you don't like it when Christian do things the way the Bible tells them to?
Back to top Go down
St. Sliver

St. Sliver

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:09 am

And that's exactly my point. No matter where or who you are you still won't know what Gods will is. So therefore, you have to pray and know he has a will and a plan. Simple as that. And God has a plan for this Muslim community center. I wasn't saying the world was gonna end soon. That's not my call, I was simply saying that when men put themselves over God that's what will cause the end.
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:27 am

I don't want to sound like a crusader or an ignorant anti-islamic hillbilly, but I believe that the Islamic religion is demonic and may pose a threat to the West. If you truly understand the Surahs and what they teach, you will know that Islam is not a religion of peace, as promoted by liberal muslims who are not aware of what the Quran teaches. In Africa, regular run-off-the-mill muslims are taught the true teachings of the Quran and as a result regularly oppress non-Islamic Africans, especially Christians. What the terrorists and "extremists" do regularly, such as 9/11, is sanctioned and mandated in the Islamic religion. It is the liberal muslims who are not following the teachings of Muhammad. They have melded into mainstream western society, most of the being benevolent but many harboring true Islamic teaching. An Islamic "cultural center" especially near ground zero would be very misleading if not insulting, and is a common liberal "tolerance at any cost" move perpetrated by idealists. I am against this mosque.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/panamaphil
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:58 am

One thing people usually don't know alot.. is that the Middle East was acctually predominantly Christian prior to the 600 ad holy wars of the Prophet Mohammed.

Islam is a new religion.. and is a death cult more than a religion. It really is.

Mohammed also raped a 6 year old girl.. whom he took for one of his wives. I don't view Islam as a legitimate "religion" or Abrahamic religion as it claims to be.

It is no different than Jim Jones' cult. I would actual consider the Church of Satan to be a more legitimate religion than Islam.
Back to top Go down
325ad

Number of posts : 967
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:55 pm

+2 For Phil and Ash!! Bravo!
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:08 pm

Islam lives to propogate death. I am a former muslim, so don't try ever try and feed me "religion of peace" bullsh*t, because I know Al-Quran and the Hadiths.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:10 pm

lastfirstborn wrote:
How is Islam religious tyranny?

I suggest you read the Surah's on Women, and Christians and Jews.
Back to top Go down
pdcsinger

pdcsinger

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-22

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:57 pm

I worked for a mega church with a broadcasting ministry. On two occasions we had former Muslims in to speak at the church and on our radio program.

This is what they both told us:

When they converted to Christianity, they had death threats from friends and family. They could not return to their homeland.
They said that most Americans are ignorant to the fact that the Bible is an Eastern book. The Amercian church has dumbed it down and failed to teach about the cultural significances.
The Satan of the Bible is the god of the Quran, and the Satan of the Quran is the God of the Bible. THEY DO NOT BELIEVE THAT WE ALL SERVE THE SAME GOD. Somehow our blind religious leaders and politicians say this is not true. THEY tell us what they believe and yet we are deaf to it.
Wrapped up in Islam is a political system. We cannot offer freedom of religion to Muslims, when their religion dictates a total destruction of ours and our political system.

There were their words. Take them or leave them. These men were willing to put their lives on the line to choose another belief. They know more about Islam than I do. I am thinking they thought it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Gorlim (OMW)

Gorlim (OMW)

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:00 am

I'm all for changing my opinion if someone can just show me some proof of all of this. The things that I've read in no way showed any of this death cult stuff.

Anyone care to share some links or something?
Back to top Go down
pdcsinger

pdcsinger

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-22

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:42 am

If they were peaceful, loving people, the Islamic nations would be condemning and not celebrating acts of terror. If they were as open to other beliefs, which they are not, they would not be holding our missionaries hostage and killing them. There are too many Muslims telling what they believe. Read the Quran with a Muslim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Islam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Islam

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Theology-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com