-----------------------------------------------------
 
HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Passage of the day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wizardovmetal

avatar

Number of posts : 1056
Age : 27
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4682

PostSubject: Passage of the day   Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:50 pm

i've been reading the bible everyday, and have come across interesting things and have decided to share them each day. so for today,

1 Cor. 2
14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
16"For who has known the mind of the Lord
that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

i like this passage because this is exactly how i feel when im trying to discuss christianity with an atheist, they never can understand anything i say nor do they fully understand what salvation is, who God is, etc. i also had a great revelation of these things when i re-dedicated myself to christ, i knew things and understood things ive never understood before or never could see purpose in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Death over Life

avatar

Number of posts : 632
Age : 29
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Points : 4341

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:11 am

To be honest, I'm personally not a fan of Christians using Scriptures to prove that non-Christians are stupid and we are superior and know much more than they do.

Knowledge is nothing lest you love with it. If you can't love with knowledge, then it'd be better if you've never had the knowledge to begin with. My .02.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

avatar

Number of posts : 1056
Age : 27
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4682

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:55 am

i think you tottaly missed the point
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
againsttheantichrist



Number of posts : 1120
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Georgia
Registration date : 2008-11-26
Points : 4908

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:22 am

Death over Life wrote:
To be honest, I'm personally not a fan of Christians using Scriptures to prove that non-Christians are stupid and we are superior and know much more than they do.

DOL, you need to lay off. Here is a genuine attempt of at least looking at the certain passages of the Bible, and you just had to go in and shove your views into it (which are not biblical) and decimate the entire purpose of the thread. You misread the intention, and decided it was what you said above. Judge not lest ye be judged would indeed be applicable here.

Rule of thumb: If you can't make a constructive post, or if it has the potential to offend (beyond what is called for by scripture when preaching the gospel), then do not post.

For the record, Jon's interpretation is biblical and historical.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

avatar

Number of posts : 1056
Age : 27
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4682

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:28 am

hahaha for once i have a good interpretation of something!

this verse also reminds me of when i hardened my heart towards god, i no longer could understand those things i once did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
againsttheantichrist



Number of posts : 1120
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Georgia
Registration date : 2008-11-26
Points : 4908

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:44 am

That's the thing though. The bible calls unbelievers fools throughout.

Psalm 14:1-3 wrote:
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

50 brownies if you see the cross reference into the New Testament above.

Romans 1:18-22 wrote:
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Proverbs 18:2 wrote:
A fool has no delight in understanding, But in expressing his own heart.

Because the Bible proclaims the unsaved as fools, there are two things one could imply.

1) Saved Christians ARE superior to the unsaved (in the eyes of the Lord only) because we're in Him and they are not
2) Knowledge isn't about simply knowing, it's also about accepting that knowledge; It can't be knowledge if you don't accept it. Romans 1:21 says God made Himself clearly known, "so that they are without excuse". Unbelievers still deny. Saved Christians embrace it. How do the saved not know more than the unsaved?


Last edited by againsttheantichrist on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing punctuation error)
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

avatar

Number of posts : 1056
Age : 27
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4682

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:09 am

we have one thing the "world" does not, knowledge and understanding of the spirit, ive said it before and i will say it again, when i made myself right with god, my eyes were opened to reality and i saw things for what they were for the first time. and yes, everyone who denies god is a fool, ive had my own share of foolishness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Death over Life

avatar

Number of posts : 632
Age : 29
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Points : 4341

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:46 pm

againsttheantichrist wrote:
Death over Life wrote:
To be honest, I'm personally not a fan of Christians using Scriptures to prove that non-Christians are stupid and we are superior and know much more than they do.

DOL, you need to lay off. Here is a genuine attempt of at least looking at the certain passages of the Bible, and you just had to go in and shove your views into it (which are not biblical) and decimate the entire purpose of the thread. You misread the intention, and decided it was what you said above. Judge not lest ye be judged would indeed be applicable here.

Rule of thumb: If you can't make a constructive post, or if it has the potential to offend (beyond what is called for by scripture when preaching the gospel), then do not post.

For the record, Jon's interpretation is biblical and historical.

Practice what you preach hypocrite. I'm sorry you didn't like what I had to say. Of course because you don't like what I say, they are not Biblical. That is how Christians operate, and it sickens me to death.

Since we've both missed the entire point, I'll point out my share. I don't disagree with the Scriptures here. However, here is where my problem lied in.

wizardovmetal wrote:


i like this passage because this is exactly how i feel when im trying to discuss christianity with an atheist, they never can understand anything i say nor do they fully understand what salvation is, who God is, etc. i also had a great revelation of these things when i re-dedicated myself to christ, i knew things and understood things ive never understood before or never could see purpose in.

I have a problem with this because it is obvious that they don’t fully understand what this belief is. However, because they don’t understand, the Christians are superior, which is bs. Of course with them not understanding, that means that we need patience, which I fail to see in Christianity (despite the fact that is what the Scriptures teach, but of course it will be picked out). Christians and atheists are equal as humans. Atheists aren’t stupid although they can believe stupid things. If they don’t grasp what you are trying to preach, then be patient with them and keep on talking until they do understand. Although I had no problem with the Scripture, I still feel that he was trying to use it to justify saying that Christians are smarter than Atheists.

Why must love and patience be thrown out the entire window for evangelization? If they don’t get it, also explain it even deeper to them. Now, please reply in a more Biblical manner instead thank you.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 38
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5720

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:27 pm

I think a lot of this boils down to approach.

Hypothetical situation here - If I wasn't a Christian, and someone came up to me and said, "Give you're life to Christ! You're a fool if you don't! It says it right here! *shows verses*"

....I'd probably rip their bible in half and then spit on them, if I didn't laugh so hard I couldn't stand.

Stating certain absolute truths can be harmful. Anyone who doesn't think so, just go up to a non Christian and tell them they're going to hell if they don't give their life to Christ. Very true statement indeed, but I can't think of anything more harmful short of cussing someone out.

Keeping it simple (I have to keep it simple sometimes because my magnificent magnifying mind will get me into trouble) I have to remember a few things. God is love. Patience and tolerance are virtues. Attraction ALWAYS works better than promotion, so I'll not shove propaganda down their throat or try to open their head and scrub it clean.

....because I've choked on propaganda, and had major headaches from brain scrubbings before. Of all things, various church members decided to "win me to Christ" - if I had Him, I wouldn't have a chain around my neck, right? ^_^

I've had much better luck getting people I witness to to live right whenever I'm at peace, friendly, loving and supportive - being myself in my relationship with Christ. It takes some time, but eventually, people want what I have.

I've had no luck advertising, pressuring, threatening - even though my views and even my intentions were technically correct.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
mazzie

avatar

Number of posts : 5090
Age : 32
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-11-03
Points : 7826

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:16 pm

beautiful post Tom Smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
vaterflaumig

avatar

Number of posts : 249
Age : 28
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 3743

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:50 pm

Hguols wrote:
I think a lot of this boils down to approach.

Hypothetical situation here - If I wasn't a Christian, and someone came up to me and said, "Give you're life to Christ! You're a fool if you don't! It says it right here! *shows verses*"

....I'd probably rip their bible in half and then spit on them, if I didn't laugh so hard I couldn't stand.

Stating certain absolute truths can be harmful. Anyone who doesn't think so, just go up to a non Christian and tell them they're going to hell if they don't give their life to Christ. Very true statement indeed, but I can't think of anything more harmful short of cussing someone out.

Keeping it simple (I have to keep it simple sometimes because my magnificent magnifying mind will get me into trouble) I have to remember a few things. God is love. Patience and tolerance are virtues. Attraction ALWAYS works better than promotion, so I'll not shove propaganda down their throat or try to open their head and scrub it clean.

....because I've choked on propaganda, and had major headaches from brain scrubbings before. Of all things, various church members decided to "win me to Christ" - if I had Him, I wouldn't have a chain around my neck, right? ^_^

I've had much better luck getting people I witness to to live right whenever I'm at peace, friendly, loving and supportive - being myself in my relationship with Christ. It takes some time, but eventually, people want what I have.

I've had no luck advertising, pressuring, threatening - even though my views and even my intentions were technically correct.




grouphug

by the way.....your sig = what?
Back to top Go down
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 38
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5720

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:26 pm

vaterflaumig wrote:


grouphug

by the way.....your sig = what?

I'm assuming you mean the saying below the banner for my website.

Its a medical disclaimer on the back of a The Works toilet bowl cleaner.

It's a really fancy way of saying,

"Drinking a lot of water after you've enjoyed a The Works slurpie might be bad news because you'll wash your throat down into your stomach."

...I think that's more or less what it means.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
mazzie

avatar

Number of posts : 5090
Age : 32
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-11-03
Points : 7826

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:35 pm

lol!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
Death over Life

avatar

Number of posts : 632
Age : 29
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Points : 4341

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:10 am

Hguols said it best. Christians do know far more about Christianity than non-Christians, yet to flaunt that is what Hguols has spoken.

Yes, when I have evangelized, I have had the exact same thoughts, but rather than give up, just give them love and patience. Let them come to the questions, don't force propaganda down the throats.

Remember, humans are humans, so really, unless you get them to think or change views, it doesn't matter how much Truth you preach to them, they will never get it. Likewise for us and other Christians. This is why I have constantly spoken of not having pride in what you believe, because once you have used Scriptures to put yourself as a Superior, than you've become the Satan that you have been fighting against.

I can pretty much guarantee you, God is not a fan of what Christianity has become today, according to what I've seen from Scriptures. Once again, another subject for another time.

I apologize if I have caused any offense.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

avatar

Number of posts : 1056
Age : 27
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4682

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:51 am

yea im sure he is not, but i still think you missed the point i was making, if you didnt you would not be continuing to talk about it, not in this manner anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Death over Life

avatar

Number of posts : 632
Age : 29
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Points : 4341

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:02 am

wizardovmetal wrote:
yea im sure he is not, but i still think you missed the point i was making, if you didnt you would not be continuing to talk about it, not in this manner anyways.

Likewise clarify then my brother? Maybe present under a different light perhaps. I'm willing to listen, and I was a little on the harsh side. Life sucks what can I say? (other than there are many reasons for my username hehehe)
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

avatar

Number of posts : 1056
Age : 27
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4682

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:43 am

it was more of a reflection on where i have been when i am not close to god and walking in the knowledge of the spirit, it also reminds me of how no matter how much i try to explain god to someone without the spirit they never understand me, i also have no tangible way of explaining "the presence of god" that i have felt several times. when one has the spirit, they feel god and know him. there have been several times in my life even recently where no matter what i felt god was right with me by my side because i could feel him and the feeling was more tangible then any feeling i can have over earthly things, yet unexplainable in any form of human explanation. and i stick to my assertion that a christian has a superior understanding of god that no one without the spirit will ever understand. we can know god on a personal level with the spirit. we are also given judgment of right and wrong with the spirit that relies on no mans interpretation of right and wrong, not even our own interpretations. atheists are always asking for proof there is a god, with the spirit, we have more proof then even a tangible physical view could give, for the eyes themselves can be deceptive. the presence of god through his spirit needs no sight, no sound, no touch, no smell, and no taste, yet we know he is there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Death over Life

avatar

Number of posts : 632
Age : 29
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Points : 4341

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:28 pm

wizardovmetal wrote:
it was more of a reflection on where i have been when i am not close to god and walking in the knowledge of the spirit, it also reminds me of how no matter how much i try to explain god to someone without the spirit they never understand me, i also have no tangible way of explaining "the presence of god" that i have felt several times. when one has the spirit, they feel god and know him. there have been several times in my life even recently where no matter what i felt god was right with me by my side because i could feel him and the feeling was more tangible then any feeling i can have over earthly things, yet unexplainable in any form of human explanation. and i stick to my assertion that a christian has a superior understanding of god that no one without the spirit will ever understand. we can know god on a personal level with the spirit. we are also given judgment of right and wrong with the spirit that relies on no mans interpretation of right and wrong, not even our own interpretations. atheists are always asking for proof there is a god, with the spirit, we have more proof then even a tangible physical view could give, for the eyes themselves can be deceptive. the presence of god through his spirit needs no sight, no sound, no touch, no smell, and no taste, yet we know he is there.

Okay. Now I better understand the point of the thread. Thank you for the clarifications!

Now, albeit I was going to ask a few more on this, after seeing it again, there is nothing that I have to question or disagree with except for 1 thing.

I must ask you how do you know that the feeling you get is really the "presence of God"? I ask because I do know that cults like Mormons and Jehova's Witnesses also feel the "presence of God". In addition to that, I have also read Scriptures that it is foolish to trust in what you feel in your heart for Truth or lies. That is something that Mormon's do. I'll have to go back, maybe even get a Book of Mormon for researching/reference purposes to their faith, but I remembered there being a verse in that Book to pray to God and the power of the Holy Spirit will tell you if Mormonism is correct. (Something like that)

So, the point is, How do you know that the Presence of God you are experiencing is really God's presence and not a demon disguised as God or just simplistic emotions overtaking you? The only criticism is as I've spoken, that is how Mormons come to their faith is because they feel the "presence of God" among other cults. I'm not saying you are a cult member, but it does spark the questions put forth. I thank you for your patience and I await your reply! \m/
Back to top Go down
BryneVampyr

avatar

Number of posts : 250
Age : 52
Location : Utah
Registration date : 2009-07-26
Points : 3698

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:41 pm

You are absolutely correct concerning Mormonism. They stress the receiving of a "personal testimony" that Mormonism is true based on a feeling of a "burning in the bosom".

I think that is why it is so important to evaluate any personal experience against the truth of the Scriptures.

The Mormons get around this by saying that the Bible isn't 100% reliable...because of mistranslations and other errors that have crept in over the centuries, but the other LDS scriptures are reliable...so God "tells you that the Book of Mormon is true" with a feeling, and it doesn't matter whether or not it goes against the Bible, because the Bible isn't 100% reliable. But of course, your feeling is...at least in this instance.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

avatar

Number of posts : 2273
Age : 40
Location : Hell
Registration date : 2008-12-12
Points : 6430

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:27 pm

The Devilish Ego must be tamed, for any of us to do any good with any kowledge or understanding.

"But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; "
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
wizardovmetal

avatar

Number of posts : 1056
Age : 27
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4682

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Death over Life wrote:
wizardovmetal wrote:
it was more of a reflection on where i have been when i am not close to god and walking in the knowledge of the spirit, it also reminds me of how no matter how much i try to explain god to someone without the spirit they never understand me, i also have no tangible way of explaining "the presence of god" that i have felt several times. when one has the spirit, they feel god and know him. there have been several times in my life even recently where no matter what i felt god was right with me by my side because i could feel him and the feeling was more tangible then any feeling i can have over earthly things, yet unexplainable in any form of human explanation. and i stick to my assertion that a christian has a superior understanding of god that no one without the spirit will ever understand. we can know god on a personal level with the spirit. we are also given judgment of right and wrong with the spirit that relies on no mans interpretation of right and wrong, not even our own interpretations. atheists are always asking for proof there is a god, with the spirit, we have more proof then even a tangible physical view could give, for the eyes themselves can be deceptive. the presence of god through his spirit needs no sight, no sound, no touch, no smell, and no taste, yet we know he is there.

Okay. Now I better understand the point of the thread. Thank you for the clarifications!

Now, albeit I was going to ask a few more on this, after seeing it again, there is nothing that I have to question or disagree with except for 1 thing.

I must ask you how do you know that the feeling you get is really the "presence of God"? I ask because I do know that cults like Mormons and Jehova's Witnesses also feel the "presence of God". In addition to that, I have also read Scriptures that it is foolish to trust in what you feel in your heart for Truth or lies. That is something that Mormon's do. I'll have to go back, maybe even get a Book of Mormon for researching/reference purposes to their faith, but I remembered there being a verse in that Book to pray to God and the power of the Holy Spirit will tell you if Mormonism is correct. (Something like that)

So, the point is, How do you know that the Presence of God you are experiencing is really God's presence and not a demon disguised as God or just simplistic emotions overtaking you? The only criticism is as I've spoken, that is how Mormons come to their faith is because they feel the "presence of God" among other cults. I'm not saying you are a cult member, but it does spark the questions put forth. I thank you for your patience and I await your reply! \m/

because nothing else i do can give me that feeling and it is NOT simplistic emotions, it is heart searching, pride shattering, faith deepening, reality of how small i am, how loved i am, and how fantastic god is. i felt it especially after i returned to christ, it searched my heart and brought me to repentance of many things and totally renewed me. i also know i can't get this feeling if i am living for myself or if i am blocking god out of my life, this comes when i surrender my self to god, unless i am wholy and completly surredered, i will not get it. and i do not feel this in "my heart" it isnt really an emotion, it's hard to explain. i remember one time i was worshiping through song and i felt it and it was enough to actually bring me to tears, it is very strange yet very great at the same time. its pretty hard to make me cry

i would certainly hope you have been able to experience this for yourself, if not, you have no idea what you are missing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Death over Life

avatar

Number of posts : 632
Age : 29
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Points : 4341

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:43 am

wizardovmetal wrote:
Death over Life wrote:
wizardovmetal wrote:
it was more of a reflection on where i have been when i am not close to god and walking in the knowledge of the spirit, it also reminds me of how no matter how much i try to explain god to someone without the spirit they never understand me, i also have no tangible way of explaining "the presence of god" that i have felt several times. when one has the spirit, they feel god and know him. there have been several times in my life even recently where no matter what i felt god was right with me by my side because i could feel him and the feeling was more tangible then any feeling i can have over earthly things, yet unexplainable in any form of human explanation. and i stick to my assertion that a christian has a superior understanding of god that no one without the spirit will ever understand. we can know god on a personal level with the spirit. we are also given judgment of right and wrong with the spirit that relies on no mans interpretation of right and wrong, not even our own interpretations. atheists are always asking for proof there is a god, with the spirit, we have more proof then even a tangible physical view could give, for the eyes themselves can be deceptive. the presence of god through his spirit needs no sight, no sound, no touch, no smell, and no taste, yet we know he is there.

Okay. Now I better understand the point of the thread. Thank you for the clarifications!

Now, albeit I was going to ask a few more on this, after seeing it again, there is nothing that I have to question or disagree with except for 1 thing.

I must ask you how do you know that the feeling you get is really the "presence of God"? I ask because I do know that cults like Mormons and Jehova's Witnesses also feel the "presence of God". In addition to that, I have also read Scriptures that it is foolish to trust in what you feel in your heart for Truth or lies. That is something that Mormon's do. I'll have to go back, maybe even get a Book of Mormon for researching/reference purposes to their faith, but I remembered there being a verse in that Book to pray to God and the power of the Holy Spirit will tell you if Mormonism is correct. (Something like that)

So, the point is, How do you know that the Presence of God you are experiencing is really God's presence and not a demon disguised as God or just simplistic emotions overtaking you? The only criticism is as I've spoken, that is how Mormons come to their faith is because they feel the "presence of God" among other cults. I'm not saying you are a cult member, but it does spark the questions put forth. I thank you for your patience and I await your reply! \m/

because nothing else i do can give me that feeling and it is NOT simplistic emotions, it is heart searching, pride shattering, faith deepening, reality of how small i am, how loved i am, and how fantastic god is. i felt it especially after i returned to christ, it searched my heart and brought me to repentance of many things and totally renewed me. i also know i can't get this feeling if i am living for myself or if i am blocking god out of my life, this comes when i surrender my self to god, unless i am wholy and completly surredered, i will not get it. and i do not feel this in "my heart" it isnt really an emotion, it's hard to explain. i remember one time i was worshiping through song and i felt it and it was enough to actually bring me to tears, it is very strange yet very great at the same time. its pretty hard to make me cry

i would certainly hope you have been able to experience this for yourself, if not, you have no idea what you are missing.

Actually I've been discussing this about me with Voldemort via pm. This does tie in to why I exploded on the other thread, the End Time claim.

But instead of speaking on the Satanism forum, I'm just going to be pming Voldemort till he can't help me out anymore.

Let's just say, I'm really seeing God as more of the way the Calvinists state Him in terms of how He loves.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

avatar

Number of posts : 1056
Age : 27
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4682

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:16 am

im not sure i understand what your talking about. are you saying you have never felt his presence?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
wizardovmetal

avatar

Number of posts : 1056
Age : 27
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4682

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:21 am

oh yea i forgot to say something. i dont need to be a part of anything to feel gods presence, no church, nothing. i can be by myself and thats when it is best. yes i have felt god presence strongly in one or two churches at one time, but that is a different story. and its not like i walk in and feel it, its usually experienced during heartfelt worship
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
therockismighty

avatar

Number of posts : 923
Age : 36
Location : Aussieland
Registration date : 2009-06-14
Points : 4512

PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:15 am

I am glad you are back walking with Christ, but I disagree that you can do all this on your own. Your faith has been so easily swayed and thwarted. Have a re think about the " do it by myself" way of thinking.

You do some by yourself and also glean off other believers, unite to battle junk thats around us, pray for people, welcome those who are hungry for love and God... etc etc.

Hebrews 10:24-25 (New International Version)
24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

"From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love" (Eph 4:16)

“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” (Matthew 18:20)

Luke 4:16-22 (NIV) “He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."
Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, and he began by saying to them, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing." All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. "Isn't this Joseph's son?" they asked.”

Luke 24:52-53 “Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.” ( the disciples)

Ps 84:4 “Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.

.............. and it goes on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Passage of the day   

Back to top Go down
 

Passage of the day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Theology-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com