BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sega returning to console market?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metal Blessing

Metal Blessing

Number of posts : 1916
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Sega returning to console market? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Sega returning to console market?   Sega returning to console market? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:06 am

Yeah I think the Genesis was their main big success. This rumor ended up fizzling as nothing happened at E3 this year as far a new Sega console goes.

Its too bad though that an entire generation will never know that Sega was once in the hardware biz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalblessingradio.com
Shamax

Shamax

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Sega returning to console market?   Sega returning to console market? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:53 am

I always enjoyed Sega consoles, and agree that the Dreamcast was probably the best for it's time - great titles, super fun. But by the time the DC came out, it wasn't enough to save Sega from years and years of bad marketing decisions and half-brained innovation. The Genesis rocked, and the Sega CD was promising, but fizzled. The 32X was a joke, and the Saturn hardly ever got noticed. By the time the DC came out, it was hard to pry people's attention away from Nintendo and (especially) Sony.

I will say though, that I remember the first time I went to a friend's house, and he had gotten Lunar: Silver Star Story for the SegaCD - I was blown away. I also remember the Sega Channel - now THAT was something years ahead of it's time. The same friend of mine had Sega Channel, and we'd stay up until the wee hours of the morning playing pre-release stuff Very Happy

Good times!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Shamax
Metal Blessing

Metal Blessing

Number of posts : 1916
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Sega returning to console market?   Sega returning to console market? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:59 am

Indeed Sega Channel was way ahead of its time. It was great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalblessingradio.com
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Sega returning to console market?   Sega returning to console market? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:19 pm

blackearth wrote:
I think this guys is mental. There's already 3 well established game consoles out there, you really think people are going to embrace a 4th?

If it has some amazing innovations that all the others don't have, absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sega returning to console market?   Sega returning to console market? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Sega returning to console market?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Everything Else :: Gaming Zone-
Free forum | Music | Rock, Punk, Alternative | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com