BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

ok lets talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
washedbyblood88

washedbyblood88

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-11-11

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:25 pm

y do people say that im going to hell because i listen to slayer,behemoth,cc.death,scar symmetry etc.... realy i dont care about the lyrics i know that jesus is real and i know the truth and i read the bible twice a day , i mean it drives me up the wall and realy i dont have alot of secular metal my ipod is filled with to the brim stone with prase and worship,christian metal,christian hip hop,jazz and blues. can any one help me with this and help under stand y people say this ? i know yall get this alot but its just driving me bonkers ><
Back to top Go down
Walter Kovacs

Walter Kovacs

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2010-11-13

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Didn't you read that part of the Bible where it talks about what music you can and can't listen to without fear of damnation? sheesh...
Back to top Go down
washedbyblood88

washedbyblood88

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:48 pm

thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sword of the heretic

sword of the heretic

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-11-09

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Meh, music is music. When I'm praising Jesus and need some good music to lift Him up, I'll throw on some Christian music. Just kind of hard (for me, anyway) to dedicate my time to Him with Slayer or Deicide playing in the background.

I realize that not everyone is the same. There are people who can't listen to certain stuff without stumbling. Then there are those who can stomach the vilest, most evil anti-Christian stuff that's out there and they can still hold true to their faith.

I know that this has nothing to do with the question you asked, but I wanted to say it anyway. Very Happy

Your relationship with Christ? Only you and He know how deep it is. There ain't another soul out there who knows the depths of that, and if they claim otherwise, just ignore them. I have learned to ignore those who do not understand, rather than give them unneeded fuel for the fire. I have learned to walk away and let those people think what they want.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sword_of_the_heretic
HellxBovine

HellxBovine

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-08-01

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:37 am

Αναγεννημένος wrote:
Meh, music is music. When I'm praising Jesus and need some good music to lift Him up, I'll throw on some Christian music. Just kind of hard (for me, anyway) to dedicate my time to Him with Slayer or Deicide playing in the background.

I realize that not everyone is the same. There are people who can't listen to certain stuff without stumbling. Then there are those who can stomach the vilest, most evil anti-Christian stuff that's out there and they can still hold true to their faith.

I know that this has nothing to do with the question you asked, but I wanted to say it anyway. Very Happy

Your relationship with Christ? Only you and He know how deep it is. There ain't another soul out there who knows the depths of that, and if they claim otherwise, just ignore them. I have learned to ignore those who do not understand, rather than give them unneeded fuel for the fire. I have learned to walk away and let those people think what they want.

+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lancelot1510
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:58 am

washedbyblood88 wrote:
y do people say that im going to hell because i listen to slayer,behemoth,cc.death,scar symmetry etc....

Because some people will judge you / make assumptions because:

- it makes them feel more holy
- it makes them feel like the focus is off their own imperfections
- all of the above egotistical reasons

^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
ELAN

ELAN

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2009-01-27

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:44 am

I've done a Bible study whilst listening to Darkthrone before. It did not make any lightning bolts come down and smite me.

God knows better than people do in any situation... including this one.
Therefore, it is between you and God and no other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:53 am

I'm obviously a fan of "evil" music, but it kind of irks me when people say that anyone who does have a problem with it/is against it morally is self-righteous and/or hypocritical. Most people have moral reservations of some sort, so what that's basically saying is "my morality is better than yours", which is self-righteous.
Back to top Go down
washedbyblood88

washedbyblood88

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:59 am

ELAN wrote:
I've done a Bible study whilst listening to Darkthrone before. It did not make any lightning bolts come down and smite me.

God knows better than people do in any situation... including this one.
Therefore, it is between you and God and no other.
did they say anything about it ? santa
Back to top Go down
ELAN

ELAN

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2009-01-27

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:33 am

I keep my studies personal and solitary most of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
Ashleaf

Ashleaf

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-09-17

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:20 am

Αναγεννημένος wrote:

I agree on this.
I've listened three years to secular black metal while being christian and it didn't affect the relationship at all at the time.
But now it has a bit changed and I only listen christian bm.
People shouldn't judge on it as said before because they don't know anything about your relation with God and how it works for yourself.
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:23 pm

I was at a local gig tonight, all secular bands. One band just played black metal covers, as their regular bass player was interstate. One of the songs was Inquisition's "Crush The Jewish Priest". Later on one of the bands played a song called "Trample the Altar". While both songs (and others) could be seen as a direct assualt upon my faith, I support both of those bands. Indeed both bands are best sellers in my webstore. They both know I'm Chrisitan, and they both appreciate my support.

I support them not because of any perceived message, but because they're mates and they make good music. If they weren't a local band, and I didn't know them, odds are I wouldn't support or even listen to them. I don't go out of my way to support "evil" music, but if I know the band, I'll support them as people.

It is as Washed said in the opening post, I know who Christ is. A lot of regular metalheads and bands don't like religion, often due to the constant hypocricy they see in the religious people around them. As a Chrisitan myself, I feel that by accepting and supporting all types of metal, I can present to them a different side to Chrisitanity. Something more laid back, something more friendly, something genuine.

Disclaimer: I have just this very minute walked in the door from the gig. I had a little bit to drink, and it's past midnight, so apologies if my post doesn't either make sense, or address the actual topic in any fashion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
washedbyblood88

washedbyblood88

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:50 pm

ELAN wrote:
I keep my studies personal and solitary most of the time.
oh ok Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shamax

Shamax

Number of posts : 701

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:50 pm

ELAN wrote:

Should I ever make it up to CT, I *must* come to Bible Study at your house Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Shamax
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:29 pm

Hguols wrote:
washedbyblood88 wrote:
y do people say that im going to hell because i listen to slayer,behemoth,cc.death,scar symmetry etc....

Because some people will judge you / make assumptions because:

- it makes them feel more holy
- it makes them feel like the focus is off their own imperfections
- all of the above egotistical reasons

^_^

+1
Back to top Go down
washedbyblood88

washedbyblood88

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:49 pm

the one thing that they would ask if jesus was with you would u listen to it ?
Back to top Go down
sword of the heretic

sword of the heretic

Number of posts : 488

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:15 pm

That kind of question just doesn't cut it for me. Jesus is in my life. It doesn't make a crap if He's in the room with me or not. He knows what I do in secret or in front of the crowd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sword_of_the_heretic
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:43 am

Αναγεννημένος wrote:
That kind of question just doesn't cut it for me. Jesus is in my life. It doesn't make a crap if He's in the room with me or not. He knows what I do in secret or in front of the crowd.

Jesus himself was well known for hanging out with unsavoury crowds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
Walter Kovacs

Walter Kovacs

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2010-11-13

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:07 pm

IronGuardian wrote:
Αναγεννημένος wrote:

Hookers and tax collectors, if I remember right. I wonder which was considered worse back then...

Though that fact shouldn't be used to justify partaking in blatantly ungodly things, which I've seen happen before, myself included there. That's a fine line indeed.
Back to top Go down
axeman2415

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-06-30

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Quote :
IronGuardian wrote:
Αναγεννημένος wrote:

Hookers and tax collectors, if I remember right. I wonder which was considered worse back then...

Though my comment will have little to do directly with the question posed in the thread, I do wish to make this point;

Just because Jesus hung around the unsavory, does not mean that He approved of their lifestyles, nor does it mean that He was encouraging them to continue in those unsavory practices. Jesus met people where they were at, but He never intended for them to stay there.
Back to top Go down
Xasthur

Xasthur

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-11-18

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Sorry those bands are evil and satanic and will therefore possess you and lead you straight to hell. As for me I am saved from hell forever because I only listen to positive music and only watch G rated movies.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2009-07-26

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Smile and carry on.
Back to top Go down
Aric

Aric

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-29

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:02 pm

IronGuardian wrote:
A lot of regular metalheads and bands don't like religion, often due to the constant hypocricy they see in the religious people around them. As a Chrisitan myself, I feel that by accepting and supporting all types of metal, I can present to them a different side to Chrisitanity. Something more laid back, something more friendly, something genuine.

This is the way I see it. Metal fans who are turned totally away from religion often became that way because they had awful experiences with insincere Christians in the past. Despite this, they still need Jesus just as much as anyone else; and how will they ever come to Christ without people investing in their lives, with the desire to show them the deliverance of the Gospel in a way that they can understand and will listen?

As for the notion of metal enthusiasts being doomed to hell, I don't see "tremolo pickers" or "blast beaters" among the idolaters, thieves and adulterers that Paul mentions. But the translation I'm reading may be inaccurate, maybe I should check the Greek.

"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." --Matthew 9:12-13

To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. --I Corinthians 9:21-22
Back to top Go down
stefan

stefan

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-06-26

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:21 pm

It is not the fact that you cannot do whatever you wish to do. It is the fact that what you put in will eventually come out. If you put negative, depressive things in all the time, then eventually they will manifest themselves in your very life. This is a scriptural truth.
When I gave up listening to black metal, it took me a long time to see just how much it had an influence on me. You can do whatever you wish, you have free will, but at the end of it all, I have to wonder what you would really do if Jesus just walked into your room in person while you had deicide or mayhem blasting on the stereo?
You are really just trying to find excuses why you must do what you do; we all do this, we are human. But what is the point of lying to ourselves about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Xasthur

Xasthur

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-11-18

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:02 am

stefan wrote:
If you put negative, depressive things in all the time, then eventually they will manifest themselves in your very life.

Not really, such music can be a very good outlet for negative emotions.
Also by that logic any music that sounds negative or depressive including classical, blues etc. would manifest negativity into your life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ok lets talk  Vide
PostSubject: Re: ok lets talk    ok lets talk  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

ok lets talk

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com