BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

FPS vs. RPG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

FPS vs. RPG
First Person Shooter
FPS vs. RPG I_vote_lcap73%FPS vs. RPG I_vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
Role Playing Game
FPS vs. RPG I_vote_lcap27%FPS vs. RPG I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Xasthur

Xasthur

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-11-18

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Which one do you prefer?

Personally I have always been into FPS. Im too impatient for RPGs because I dont want to gather XP and upgrade my levels I want to massacre right when the game starts.
Back to top Go down
GothDad

GothDad

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-12-04

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Let the shooting begin! FPS for me. Wink

Peace,

Jeff
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:22 pm

FPS for me, never could get into RPGs
Back to top Go down
sword of the heretic

sword of the heretic

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-11-09

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:43 pm

RPG's would have been my pick throughout video gaming's evolution from NES all the way to PS2. But since I've been playing the PS3 a lot, FPS's are starting to take the top spot for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sword_of_the_heretic
Shamax

Shamax

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2008-11-09

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:01 pm

I was always an RPG kinda guy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Shamax
Mortal Wombat

Mortal Wombat

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-25

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Going with FPS for now because im really enjoying Multiplayer games lately.

I enjoy RPGs, but stats building can get a little overwhelming sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mrwaffles0aninjaiam
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:02 am

I like FPS mostly, but I love RPG's because I hate short games. So FPSRPGs are good. Like Fallout.
Back to top Go down
M@RS

M@RS

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-11-08

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:16 am

FPS for me.
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:37 am

olias wrote:
I like FPS mostly, but I love RPG's because I hate short games. So FPSRPGs are good. Like Fallout.

+1

Most modern FPS's can be beaten in no more than a day or two. A good RPG will take months.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
FireProphet

FireProphet

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-07-27

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:25 am

I have a life to live, and therefore I say FPS.
They're shorter and there's the instant gratification of multiplayer--multiplayer that has an end in sight (Unlike MMOs).
Srsly tho, you can have a life and play RPGs, but it doesn't work for me. I like to absorb as many things as I can, so having to devote 40hrs to one game is not appealing when I could beat several in that time, watch 20-30 movies, or 4 seasons of Dexter.

RPGs are much more enjoyable than FPS, though. I even enjoy stat building. I just can't see spending that much time on one thing anymore.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:26 am

"In theory" I like RPGs more because the focus on storyline appeals to me, but the battles are usually a massive pain in the ass. First-person shooters have a more instant gratification to them.
Back to top Go down
HellxBovine

HellxBovine

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-08-01

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:53 pm

I agree with FPSRPGs, in a sense, Morrowind and Oblivion were like that, and they happen to be some of the best games I played. I have yet to get into Fallout 3 or the new one, but I have the first Fallout games and they are way too hard for me. Maybe I just don't get the game play, the graphics remind me of the first Baldur's Gate games (which happen to also be awesome), but I just don't understand how the game works, and I've tried it like 20 times.

Piss. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lancelot1510
FireProphet

FireProphet

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:54 pm

HellxBovine wrote:
I agree with FPSRPGs, in a sense, Morrowind and Oblivion were like that, and they happen to be some of the best games I played. I have yet to get into Fallout 3 or the new one, but I have the first Fallout games and they are way too hard for me. Maybe I just don't get the game play, the graphics remind me of the first Baldur's Gate games (which happen to also be awesome), but I just don't understand how the game works, and I've tried it like 20 times.

Piss. Sad
That sucks. Fallout 3 succeeds on atmosphere, but other than that it doesn't come close to the greatness of the first two. So, it'd be nice if you could get into them. Did you try an FAQ to figure out where you're going wrong? The old ones start off slow, but they're so rewarding.
Back to top Go down
Xasthur

Xasthur

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-11-18

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:38 pm

FireProphet wrote:
HellxBovine wrote:

Piss. Sad
That sucks. Fallout 3 succeeds on atmosphere, but other than that it doesn't come close to the greatness of the first two. So, it'd be nice if you could get into them. Did you try an FAQ to figure out where you're going wrong? The old ones start off slow, but they're so rewarding.

Totally disagree. Fallout 3 is a totally different game. It should not even be regarded as a sequel to the other games. I love the previous two, but I have to say for me, F3 blows them out of the water. The incredible visceral combat and VATS made the game for me. I never just never understood the hate, I never had a gaming experience like Fallout 3.
Back to top Go down
FireProphet

FireProphet

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Except it is a sequel, and it is Fallout.

I enjoyed 3, but that doesn't mean it isn't a dumbed down Fallout for the masses/money.
It's unbalanced and way too easy--affecting everything about the game in an unrewarding way.
The combat is extremely dumbed down, including VATS which is only useful if you're a chump for gore, your mouse sucks, or you're rushed in a way that would benefit from inhuman reflexes.
The basic dialog and interactions lack the exceptional wit and humor of the originals. For someone who's spent quality time with the originals, it really shows.

I never had a gaming experience like Fallout 1 and 2 Razz Maybe Jagged Alliance.
All the dumbing down helps 3 play like a FPS, though. Easy. So, I kind of liked that.
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:02 am

I played FO3 before the first two, so I wasn't disappointed by it or anyhting. It made me want ot go back and get into the first two. Very different, but all three were enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
Sponsored content

FPS vs. RPG Vide
PostSubject: Re: FPS vs. RPG   FPS vs. RPG Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

FPS vs. RPG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Everything Else :: Gaming Zone-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com