BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Martinez

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-02-03

If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Salvation is an eternal gift
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 2080
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:13 pm

LastFirstborn wrote:
oldschooldoom wrote:
Thou Shalt Not Kill

This is true, but what about mercy killing? Suicide could be seen as this, if someone is unhappy and feels hopeless enough to seek escape through death.

Death is not the hopelessness that we fear. Death is the last hope.
There is always hope. As long as someone is still alive. Problem is, people with suicidal ideation are usually chronically depressed to the point of despair. A wise person at the perfect moment in my life once told me if you wait long enough things will get better. Suicide and attempted suicide is a cry for help. It is one of the most selfish acts. People don't think about the survivors, only themselves. Suicide is the ultimate lack of faith in a Savior too.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:16 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:
LastFirstborn wrote:
oldschooldoom wrote:
Thou Shalt Not Kill

This is true, but what about mercy killing? Suicide could be seen as this, if someone is unhappy and feels hopeless enough to seek escape through death.

Death is not the hopelessness that we fear. Death is the last hope.
There is always hope. As long as someone is still alive. Problem is, people with suicidal ideation are usually chronically depressed to the point of despair. A wise person at the perfect moment in my life once told me if you wait long enough things will get better. Suicide and attempted suicide is a cry for help. It is one of the most selfish acts. People don't think about the survivors, only themselves. Suicide is the ultimate lack of faith in a Savior too.

what if you know it is something god did that caused the pain? how is it ultimate distrust then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Please clarify, are you asking that you feel that God caused pain to the point of a person to consider suicide?
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:21 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:
Please clarify, are you asking that you feel that God caused pain to the point of a person to consider suicide?

i'm not sure i understand what your asking....
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Wizard, I am concerned that you started this thread because either you or someone very close to you is having suicidal thoughts. And are asking people instead of The Holy Bible and/or a trusted pastor what God says about suicide. This is a VERY important topic not to be taken lightly. I challenge you to search out the truth.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:28 pm

i don't have a pastor to ask. and the bible says nothing about suicide. it mentions people who killed themselves, but it doesent mention anything else.
Back to top Go down
SSG Jake

SSG Jake

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Wizard, I think What he's trying to say is, is everything all right? I know this is a forum, but you can talk to us, man.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:48 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:

lets say that was the case, then how is it ultimate distrust in a god if the person knew without a doubt god caused the situation?
Back to top Go down
Shamax

Shamax

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:00 pm

wizardovmetal wrote:
oldschooldoom wrote:

lets say that was the case, then how is it ultimate distrust in a god if the person knew without a doubt god caused the situation?

If you believe that God is truly God, then he is sovereign over all things. But I don't think you're saying God "caused the situation" in that way. It sounds like you're implying that the person knows some inside track to God's ultimate will and decree, which I would say that no person knows. Even Job, attributing his maladies to the hand of God and his righteous judgment didn't pretend to understand why it was happening and distrust God.

I still say to give Piper a read. Here's a full write-up of his, with scripture addressing these exact issues in a very pastoral way: http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/sermons/funeral-meditation-for-a-christian-who-committed-suicide-1988

It'll only take about 10 or 15 minutes of time and lays out the scriptural counsel pretty clearly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Shamax
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:03 pm

not if the person guessed, but was told beforehand of the situation, and then it came to pass.
Back to top Go down
Death over Life

Death over Life

Number of posts : 632
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:31 pm

I have to ask just to make sure, is there someone having suicidal thought whom you live with? In addition, you aren't having these thoughts yourself are you?

And I still disagree to the umpth degree that suicide is ultimately a selfish act. Some are, but not all.

Suicide is not the unpardonable sin. Suicide is the sin unto death. The unpardonable sin happens at the state of death though, but it is not suicide.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Death over Life wrote:
I have to ask just to make sure, is there someone having suicidal thought whom you live with? In addition, you aren't having these thoughts yourself are you?

And I still disagree to the umpth degree that suicide is ultimately a selfish act. Some are, but not all.

Suicide is not the unpardonable sin. Suicide is the sin unto death. The unpardonable sin happens at the state of death though, but it is not suicide.

this is a wide open forum where any random person on the internet can read, even IF someone or myself were, i wouldnt post it here
Back to top Go down
Death over Life

Death over Life

Number of posts : 632
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:02 pm

So, this was something random out of thin air then? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Death over Life wrote:
So, this was something random out of thin air then? Just curious.

no
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:14 pm

wizardovmetal wrote:
Death over Life wrote:

this is a wide open forum where any random person on the internet can read, even IF someone or myself were, i wouldnt post it here
PM us.
Noone can see those.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:20 pm

I don't think anything Wizard has said implies being suicidal.
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:23 pm

LastFirstborn wrote:
Well he put that it wasn't something out of thin air... 0.o
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:27 pm

LastFirstborn wrote:
theres just a limit as to how much i will post on an open internet page. not that i dont trust alot of u guys here because i do, but if someone googles suicide, they will be able to read this entire thread.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:33 pm

^ UR smart.

Feel free to PM me if you wish.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:35 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:
^ UR smart.

Feel free to PM me if you wish.

what? i smell sarcasm haha
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:36 pm

No, I am serious.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:43 pm

wizardovmetal wrote:
LastFirstborn wrote:
theres just a limit as to how much i will post on an open internet page. not that i dont trust alot of u guys here because i do, but if someone googles suicide, they will be able to read this entire thread.

Irrational Paranoia
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:45 pm

how is that irrational paranoia? ive had a fair share of internet problems with wackos, so i have to be very careful what i post, thats one of the reasons i changed my username from ***********. (this name will soon be edited out.) i had some creep from england stalking me on the internet everywhere, every forum all my IM accounts everything, he was there, bugging the hell out of me. finally figured out who the guys name was, looked him up in the news, and some other people told me he has a tendency of making death threats, and attempting to follow through with them.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Sounds serious Jon. Maybe you should take some legal action?

I take back what I said.

I apologize for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Theology-
Forum free | Music | Rock, Punk, Alternative | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com