BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

"Walk To Defeat ALS"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garrison4JC

Garrison4JC

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-11-30

"Walk To Defeat ALS" Vide
PostSubject: "Walk To Defeat ALS"   "Walk To Defeat ALS" Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:44 am

Dear Friends,

As some of you know, I was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (aka: ALS or "Lou Gehrig's Disease") back in December 2009.

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis is a form of motor neuron disease. ALS is a progressive, fatal, neurodegenerative disease caused by the degeneration of motor neurons, the nerve cells in the central nervous system that control voluntary muscle movement. The cause of the disease is not known. Most people with ALS die from respiratory failure, usually within three to five years from the onset of symptoms.

On October 2, 2010 I will be participating in the "Walk To Defeat ALS" in Bakersfield, CA, which is an annual fund raising event put on by the ALS Association. Donations gained through this event go not only towards continuing research for a cure, but also to assisting people (such as myself) who have been diagnosed with ALS with much needed medical supplies not otherwise covered by other means.

I am looking for two things: 1) Friends to come walk with me at the event and 2) Friends who are in a position to donate financially toward this worthy cause.

For more information you may see my website at: http://web.alsa.org/goto/garrison

Thank you!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garrison4jc
SSG Jake

SSG Jake

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: "Walk To Defeat ALS"   "Walk To Defeat ALS" Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:23 am

I would totally walk with you, exceppt I'm on the other side of the world! But I walk in spirit. Donated $25. All I can spare, brother. Prayers to you and yours from me and mine. Stay strong in Christ, strong in yourself!!
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: "Walk To Defeat ALS"   "Walk To Defeat ALS" Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:44 am

Man, I was so relieved. I thought this post was going to be about killing everyone named Al.

^_^

Donated $25 bucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 2080
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: "Walk To Defeat ALS"   "Walk To Defeat ALS" Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:57 am

Garrison, I looked around but missed you at UFTA !!!. There was someone else in a chair, they had very good viewing. You would have enjoyed the show Banger
Back to top Go down
bmac

bmac

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-08-28

PostSubject: Re: "Walk To Defeat ALS"   "Walk To Defeat ALS" Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:05 am

Bah, if I wasn't all the way in MN I'd go! I've done the Walk for MS for two years now after being diagnosed with MS a year and a half ago. Once I get my finances more set I will try to donate a little bit...I just moved in to a new apartment so there goes a bunch of my moneys Razz Good luck in raising money, and props to you for taking a stand and supporting an event that creates awareness and raises money for your disease rather than sitting around doing nothing...let us know how the walk goes!
Back to top Go down
Garrison4JC

Garrison4JC

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: "Walk To Defeat ALS"   "Walk To Defeat ALS" Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Thank you for the support, friends! I appreciate it more than words can express!

Yeah...I was all set to go to UFTA and then a truck load of obstacles got in the way during the two weeks heading into it. I am still extremely bummed about not making it to the concert, but it is another one of those "what is, just is" moments. There are some concerts coming to my city soon (including A Plea For Purging, Oh Sleeper, The Bled and LetLive)...and I should be there!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garrison4jc
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Walk To Defeat ALS"   "Walk To Defeat ALS" Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

"Walk To Defeat ALS"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com