BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Stephen Hawking New Book

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Stephen Hawking New Book Vide
PostSubject: Stephen Hawking New Book   Stephen Hawking New Book Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hawking New Book   Stephen Hawking New Book Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Well, he has a robot talk for him. I guess he has to be right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hawking New Book   Stephen Hawking New Book Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Hguols wrote:
Well, he has a robot talk for him. I guess he has to be right.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hawking New Book   Stephen Hawking New Book Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Sorry, I don't attend the Church of Hawking Very Happy

I gotta wonder how the Law of Gravity came into being??? scratch
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hawking New Book   Stephen Hawking New Book Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:06 pm

JeffdlS wrote:
I gotta wonder how the Law of Gravity came into being??? scratch

We're stuck on this planet because Steven is stuck in that wheelchair. Shocked

On a serious note, it's discouraging to see someone who's renown for being brilliant, know and think to the point of it being dangerous. I also find it interesting that he doesn't deny God, but denies God being involved with the creation of the universe. (wording of the article?)

I can only imagine what this guy knows and understands, yet is he too smart for faith? Has he had his head in this TOO long and thought about this too much?

Actual faith in a creator would be "bad business" for him, as well as a huge blow to his ego. It would mean he would have to believe and give credit to something he cannot prove nor truly explain.

Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Munkey

Munkey

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hawking New Book   Stephen Hawking New Book Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:22 pm

We, in this day and age, do not have enough pieces of the puzzle, or even a fraction of the knowledge needed to know how this universe came to be or where we came from. No one alive today will ever unravel the mystery or figure things out. We are simply too ignorant of the big picture to say with such confidence, "The world was formed by..." or "Humans were created by...". To make such claims is absurd! We just don't have enough pieces of the puzzle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/acadianametal
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hawking New Book   Stephen Hawking New Book Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:38 pm

I think Hawkings mind is starting to go, and that we just haven't figured that out yet. I mean, he's talking about aliens and all kinds of crazy sh*t now. Might I add, where did the principles that allowed a spontaneous universe creation come from.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 2080
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hawking New Book   Stephen Hawking New Book Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Revered by the secular world as a genius in a chair. Steve Hawking comes out with another Stephen Hawking New Book 786961 by inferring that God is not needed. What an idiot!
Back to top Go down
SSG Jake

SSG Jake

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hawking New Book   Stephen Hawking New Book Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:03 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:
Revered by the secular world as a genius in a chair. Steve Hawking comes out with another Stephen Hawking New Book 786961 by inferring that God is not needed. What an idiot!

Well now, be fair. The man IS a genius. Maybe a little misguided, but you can't deny he iz be smarts 'n shtuff. He seems to be one of those who refuses to believe. I look at the question Jeff posted above: How did the law of Gravity come into effect? And don't give me that, "It always has" crap. Because I chose to believe, I see that as evidence of God. SOMEWHERE, there HAD to be a creation. We see God, he sees science. No need to insult the man. Even when an aethiest insults me. For example, I had a guy back in High-school who, after I casually mention my faith, started going on about "Pastafarianism." That is the whole "FLying Spaghetti Monster" thing. He would say how much he believes in the Monster, how he can "prove" he created the universe, and generally mocking me and everything I believe in. I just smiled. I find it funny that he has so much FAITH, yet mocks my own. No need to get pissy, I say. Just smile and walk away.

Now, ol' Stevie may be misguided, but he IS a genius, who has advanced our understanding of the physical universe. And he should be celebrated for that. He just seems to not get the spiritual universe. But then, do any of US? Think about it...
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 2080
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hawking New Book   Stephen Hawking New Book Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:46 pm

My statement was intended to concrete the point of him being so intelligent that he misses the most important thing in life which just happens to be GOD. Einstein was another modern era genius. A cool guy too. But he was smart enough to go against learned science and believe in something that cannot be proven by today's standards of science...FAITH.

So many people look up to Hawking that is nearly an idol figure to some.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hawking New Book   Stephen Hawking New Book Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stephen Hawking New Book

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com