BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Random Thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:07 am

A place where i can just post whatever for whatever reason so i no longer have to plague the rest of the board with my obviously irrational way of thinking...

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dave80tunes
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:07 am

To start off im going to speak on the current state of drone music, its growing, and getting better and better than years before, i have noticed a small handful of bands coming out over the last year or so and they have gotten way better than anything out before, to name a few i highly recommend saffron slumber, drone, godzilla on demand, fields, job (who to my knowledge was the second christian drone band in existence) trees, and a handfull more i wont mention now, but the quality of these bands has risen far and above what sunn and earth where doing in the 90's and 2000's, now these bands are adding in elements of doom, funeral, even black and industrial, now dont get me wrong there are some bands out there who suck badly but for the most part you will not find a bad drone band, And ive heard a million times before if you have heard one drone band you have heard the all but that is simply not true, that is a sheep mentality type thought usually spewed out by mainstream combover kids who cant handle listening to anything thats not fresh out of the mold less than 5 minutes long and up beat, most cant handle dedicating 30 minutes or more to the listening of one song, they cant put their minds in the space created by the sound in order to grasp the true essence of escape the creator had in mind for them when creating said track, and it is sad, but thats how it goes i guess, it never hurt my feelings one bit to sit and listen to a 30 minutes song, or even an hour long song, in fact 90% of what i listen to is at least 10 minutes or longer, imo if its shorter than 10 minutes it usually cant get out the typical vibe i feel when am creating a track, but anyways back to the recent growth spurt of good drone bands, it has given me motivation to keep wtta going and come up with stronger material, wtta has had a strange life really, started out as a doom band called reality collapsed back in 93, i remember we would be in my moms garage stoned out of our brains thinking we could play and i would go off on this 10 minute distorted piece on my bass, just rumbling static filled drones, then the guitar player would kick in and then we would have a basic drone piece going without even really knowing what we were doing, then we would kick into a cover of nib or something by vitus, but that is really where wtta started, me sitting there going off on my bass for 10 minutes at a time, i wish i still had the tapes of this, there were a handful but now they are gone, anyways in 98 when reality collapsed ended (until i started a new project under that name in late 05-06) i went with the whole drone thing as we all found out what we were doing was already being done by earth, and it made me want to do it even more, so i kept at it on and off for years, not that its hard to create drone, whats hard about it is keeping one continual vibe going and not loosing the energy it started with, not turning it into a long overblown repeat of one note, which is what alot of people think drone is, just one continual repeat of a single note repeated over several notes throughout a given period of time, but in actuality its numerous notes bleeding into each other, sometimes 3 chords at a time being streched into one another, but thats nither here nor there, so in emptiness was my first official project that was drone, im sure you all know this already, but it lasted all of a 2 track demo then i killed it off for a while, then brought it back and changed the name in 2007, this was early 2007, after a fight with the second bass player he was kicked out and wtta became a christian project which it has remained as such since then, and it was the first of its kind, the first christian drone band in history, and yes i say this alot because to me it means something, not many bands can say they were the first of anything, but i never thought back in 93-94 in my garage stoned out of my brain, a total hater of god and a satanist to boot that i would be the creator of the first christian drone band almost 15 years later, never in a million years, strange the things God can do, and i know, drone is an aquired taste and many people cant stand it, but i have been a faithful fan for most of my life, a faithful creator for about the same time length, and i guess it will always be a part of my life, even now at 30 years old i still create drone, and i know i say im ending wtta at least once a month but i honestly never really see it ending, it will always be there in some form or another as long as God sees fit to give me breath and the ability to create

p.s since there is going to be someone out there who thinks im just spouting off at the mouth because there always is i will post this, i am not an expert on drone, i dont know everything there is to know about it, nor have i ever claimed as much, i have on and off created drone since 93, and i use a bass which makes me unique because to my knowledge no other drone band in history has done the same, again this is just what i know, maybe there is another bass driven drone band out there, but i doubt it, anyways i have been listening to sunn and earth since they both became public with their demos, which means in some cases before some of you were even born, i have dedicated a large portion of my life to drone and ambient music, so i guess maybe my opinion on the 2 does mean something, but im not one to let ego in the way, anyways when you read what i say know i am not the be all end all and i recommend never using the encylcopedia metalicum for anything related to drone, they trash most of it, they told me wtta was not metal enough, and ive read in their forums where most drone is laughed at, i never said wtta was a metal band, not one time, yeah it is loosly tied into doom but for the most part wtta is more or less its own thing and always has been, a few places you might want to check out in looking for any kind of info on drone or any good drone bands,

http://napalmdrones.niceboard.org/forum.htm

http://www.myspace.com/doommetalunion
http://www.myspace.com/earthdogpromotions
http://www.doommantia.com/

http://thecave.niceboard.com/

Any and everything you could ever want to know about doom or drone can be found at one or all of the above

Anyways ive rambled on enough, support drone
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:21 pm

Fixing to get a new schechter diamond series 4 string deep maroon, For free, im super happy, this is a sweet bass, near mint condition
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:22 pm

im also getting a new amp and some new recording equipment, after thinking long and hard on this i might be keeping the live line up or wtta and doing a couple more live shows, still not sure though, this would be next year if it did happen
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:23 pm

and im thinking abiout turning over the drone forum to someone else, i no longer want to run it, if anyone knows someone who might be interested in taking over admin let me know
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:26 pm

also, i started on my blood pressure meds last week, once daily, 5mg, and i have not felt better in years, i have more energy, dont feel stressed and like im going to die every day now, God has really opened my eyes to the future, ive been working out daily and regular with no fail, my diet has changed drastically, everything is going good, but im not being to optamistic since my depression usually lurks right behind anything good that ever happens to me, we shall see, please keep me in your prayers
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:46 pm

i think im starting to rethink some of what i said about the underground a few weeks back, im starting to see more and more that its actually a select few within several groups, so i guess the goal is to avoid unless witnessing to these select groups of nameless individuals, sound like a conspiracy? lol
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:46 pm

and now im talking to myself
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:43 am

drug addiction, how many of you out there have delt with it? i did on and off for many years, although my real addictions didnt kick in til 99 i had done lsd heavy from the early 90's til the early 2000's, im talking upwards of 150 trips (this meaning 2 or more tabs per trip) so ive had a lot of the drug in my system and i still have strange things happen to me, and its been almost 7 years since my last trip, do any of you still have strange things happen? i catch tracers all the time, off of almost everything, i have wicked lucid dreams a alot which i dont know for sure are caused by the lsd but if i were to guess i would say yes simply because during these dreams i feel exactly like im on lsd, to anyone who has not taken lsd the closest you will ever be to the effects of this drug are a lucid dream, anyways i still feel all of the effects of my past drug use daily, whether it be a craving, or a feeling i felt then, or a thought i had then, or something i smell now that i smelt then, a sound, a taste, the strangest things can remind you, its a fight to this day, even with pot, and i know its sounds pathetic saying i might have been addicted to pot but let me break it down, i smoked every day from wake til sleep non stop from 11 to 16, then from 16 to 17 i took a 9 month break so i could go to military schol, then from 17 to 19 i smoked in moderation but was still high at least once a day, then from 19 to 25 i went back to high 24/7/365 with no break inbetween period, so needless to say i was high alot and i had an easier time kicking heroin than i did stopping pot, and no im not saying its more addictive, im just stating fact, each individual person is different, i assume my body got used to this because the first year or so after i quit smoking in 2005 i felt like i was going insane, and i developed insomnia, anxiety disorder and a host of other problems soon after i quit smoking, i serious believe that me quiting caused all of these problems, but i also quit opiates which was a major thing after 5 years of addiction, my pain receptors were pissed needless to say, and i think after slowly getting all of my feeling back my body was throwing a revolt (Hate to feel) i started noticing things during withdraw, such as toothaches hurt a lot worse after ignoring them on dope for 5 years, bones and joints hurt a lot when you finally have no dope hiding what your doing to them anymore, eyes hurt a lot more due to not wearing sun glasses 24 hours a day anymore, i spit constently which is a disgusting habit but for those who have ever done either herion or opium you know that taste it leaves in your mouth is horrible, thus why i spit all the time, so its still a habit to this day, and the skin itching, i swear i have not done dope except for a few slips since 2005, and my f'n skin still itches, i also am saddened to say that when i play my bass the first thought going through my head is the foil i didnt smoke before i hooked into my amp, its sad, ive been clean now for a long time yet my mind still goes right back to those pre ritual routines, see i never shot heroin, never used a needle in my life, i smoked it, foil, i also smoked opium on top of my pot, never had the nerve for needles, also snorted herion but it had a far greater effect smoking it, i cant begin to describe the feeling of that first high, or the first 10 minutes of any high after it, nevermind what people tell you about not getting high anymore after the chase begins for the ever elusive dragon, thats a lie, i got high everytime the entire time i was hooked, obviously the high decresed in potency over time but it never went away, i remember times i nodded out driving down the road and woke up in the middle of a field lucky and knowing it that i didnt hit a car/tree/pole/person/cow/etc, God had his hand on me back then, thats for sure, there were times when i would sleep in my car because i didnt want to bring my habits around other people, sometimes it would be 5 degrees outside and i would be in the back of my car with nothing on but boxers and covered in sweat trying so hard to kick just so i could go home and be with becky, it truely was pathetic, trying so hard also not to kill myself so i didnt have to go through that crap anymore, and my music creation also suffered, the music i was putting out back then was sporatic and always under the influence of either opium or heroin, or lsd, so if you hear any of my demos from 99 to 05 you will hear some pretty distrubing material, anyways my whole point is pot, after i finally did get clean in 05 i still smoked pot, i could not quit, i kicked dope but i couldnt stop smoking, it was stupid actually, i tried numerous times from late 05 to mid 06 to quit smoking, and failed over and over, but i finally did quit, and felt abnormal and subhuman for the first year, like i was consently on the verge of a nervous breakdown, it scared the hell out of me to be human again, after years and years of hiding my humanity under drugs, doing every little thing i could to block out reality and bury it under as much substence abuse as my body could handle, and sometimes way past that on my way to the emergency room due to overdoses here and there, let me tell you whats really scary and i will remember this til the day i die, the first overdose, i was smoking a foil, got way high, smoked some pot and then some more heroin, then took some oxys, took some other pills that i dont even know what they were, drank some vodka, smoked about a half of pot, took some more pills then smoked some opium and finally some more heroin, i didnt think it was possible to be so high, then i died, or started to anyways, luckily i had one of my best friends there with me or i wouldnt be here today, i woke up in the emergency room after being told i had died, 2 minutes i think, let me tell you true fear, waking up and being told you died, i was a suicidal person from my early teens until 07, by the grace of God i have felt no true urges since then, but i will tell you this, when your not in control its scary, when i attempted suicide it was on my own terms, i was in control, but when i od'd i wasnt, its hard to explain, just hope you never go there, anyways back to my point, after 2 unsuccessful trips to rehab, 3 more that didnt even count because i either left or got kicked out, numerous trips to the psych ward at three of our local hospitals due to overdoses or suicide attempts, or both, after years of trying to get clean and failing, years of manic depression, years of satanism, years of hate, both self and outwardly, years of being the bottom of the sh.tpile and knowing it was all caused by drugs why is it today i still want to get high? i will never understand that, God has graced me with the will power to not act on those urges and i do believe he has left them intact simply to remind me of my past and to stay away from it but its still strange to me how the mind works, you know all the bad that the drugs caused, you know beyond a shadow of a doubt they will cause it all again yet you still try and rationalize it in your head and try and trick your self into thinking whats one more time going to hurt, come on man, lets get high one more time and everything will be ok, as cliche as this sounds you actually tell yourself this, whats one more time going to hurt, i can do it just once and then stop, LIES, anyways back to my point, i have smoked pot on and off since then, its the only drug i will allow myself now, i also still drink, drinking is the closest to heroin you can get, still light years away it has some of the same effects, and i know right? trading one habit for another but it helps to keep me from the other so i guess it is not that bad, and i dont drink to get drunk anyways, i will go through a case of mikes hard lemonade a week sometimes every two weeks which is hardly alchoholism, and i drink a few shots here and there of jim beam, and a black tooth here and there, as for pot i smoke maybe once a week sometimes only once a month, i truly have mastered my pot intake, compaired to smoking all day every day to now only once in a while i have mastered control of the drug, now i smoke to expand my mind, which is funny because i remember my dad saying those exact same words when i first started smoking and me thinking yeah right man, but now i see he was telling the truth, see my dad never did hard drugs, he has smoked pot every day non stop since he was 13, he is now 55, he is a true to the word hippy, grows pot, loves pot, so i will always be around it whether i partake or not, my mom used to smoke but now does not, i guess my whole point is i dont know anymore, i love drugs, i love drug, i love drugs, i love heroin, i love opium, i love opiates, endlessly, i love lsd, i love being high, but i love myself, my God and my kids more, i guess those are my true anti drugs, that and music, its always been there for me, since i was a young teen, i always could turn to music and just melt away no matter if i was on drugs, off drugs, addicted, kicking, whatever i was i had my music, whether it was creating it or just listening to it, and it has stuck by my side since day one and will always be there no matter what, i believe God blessed us with music for this exact reason, to live and breath creation and listen to its sounds, to hear the inner workings of our fellow man and to be at one with the creation of energy, to hear what their thoughts are, thats what your doing when you listen to my or anyone elses music, your hearing their thoughts, the sonic creation of sound melded with inner thought and passed through into the air to permiate everything around it, thats why i love drone some much, more so than any other style of music drone is sound in waves, repeating waves and they travel to the worlds end and never truly stop, you will never find a more potent form of music than drone, anyways i totally lost my point now and am just rambiling so i shall end this now...
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Killing time in a dead state of mind
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:03 pm

I was looking at blabber mouth earlier today and found a dvd by earth called within the drone, this dvd was released in 2007 one year before the drone forum was created, so now i feel like i ripped off earth, even though i didnt know about their dvd until today over a year after the drone forum was created, so i guess i could just say within the doomed drones is a tribute to earth...
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:04 pm

drones))) echoing through the brain, vibrating my skull, man i love what i do...
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:21 pm

(((21))))))) (((((((37)))
(((((((o)))))))

Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:54 pm

((((((OLIAS)))))))

Am I allowed to do this?
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:16 pm

lmao, yes sir...
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:41 am

Its funny, certain people on this board whom i wont mention post stupid crap that is obviously anti christian, they do this just to get a rise out those who are christian on this board and then they pretend they didnt "oh who me, no i posted it for the artists freedom of it" or some crap along those lines, i wont mention names nor will i direct this at any individual but THIS IS A CHRISTIAN FORUM, it was a christian forum before you got here and it will be when your gone, there are hundreds of secular forums online why cant you post your stupidity on them, why do you have to vbring it to one of the few places us who follow God have to go?
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:44 am

the end of life and the steps taken to arive to that point are many and we go out of our way to step on the faults it seems, it really does amaze me simple human stupidity
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:47 am

Here i sit high and mighty on my holier than thou soapbox, appearently some people think if you witness to them you are an ass and shouldnt push your opinion on them, but how is it i am supposed to do my duty as a child of God and spread his word if i dont witness? this confuses me, some people and their arguments of the do's and donts of following God are just plain stupid and make no sense at all, so i look at it this way, here, in this part of the forum i can and will post any and everything i want about God and my views on christianity, i will still post them elseswhere on the board also but from now on i will keep my harsh comments in the wtta part of the forum, so i dot get sand in some peoples vigina's, wouldnt want to hurt anyones delicate feelings in light of the fact that hell awaits with some of their current outlooks on life, by all means lets make sure this life is as cool as it can be, nevermind eternity, stupid people man, i pray for you, i really do, and i dont mean everyone when saying people, i mean a handful that keep making this an issue over and over again, they come on to this CHRISTIAN FORUM, starting crap and then when the christians on this CHRISTIAN FORUM say anything back they are trashed and told they are wrong for defending God on this CHRISTIAN FORUM, that makes no sense to me, but oh well, i guess theres nothing that can be done about it, so pray and pray some more...
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:52 am

Man i hate seeming like a preachy asshat, which i guess is what i am doing, but it just makes me mad, total disrespect, anyways i have a sick idea for the new tmd album, and i promise it will be the most disturbing creepy material ever, i have an album concept and some basic song structure already, but it will be a long time before its anywhere near complete, also my friend pat is going to redo all of the art for every album ive ever made from any of my projects, this obviously will take time but eventually all of the art will be done by one person and then each album will be rereleased with a couple new tracks or something else to make them worth downloading, also i will be getting a lap top in the next 2 months, nothing special, a toshiba satilite 3 gbs of ram and a 350 gb hardrive, my pc which is a 2 gbs ram 750 gbs of hardrive space will become a music only computer and never be on the net again, im psyched about the lap top, it will make it so much easier to work on music
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:54 am

also i move into my new apartment in the next few months, after a year at my current apartment i will say i love it, i love the area i love the managment but i hate living upstairs, it is the biggest pain in the arse when you have kids, so for this reason alone i am moving, my new apartment is more like a duplex and is only downstairs, so i only have to deal with one neighbor which means i can bring my bass and amp home from my mom and dads house, so no more going over there when i have to record something, this will be great, i cant wait
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:09 pm

i have decided to keep on moving on within my inner turmoil, for those whom know me i have led a terrible life, between drugs, satan, and a hatred for god i have did horrible things to my mind, i am bipolar, manic depressive, and no those are not the same thing, regardless i will keep on moving on, despite an often strong urge to do the opposite, i am thankful for this board, no matter what its always there even when i feel like im just talking to myself,lol
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:14 am

here im sitting in the dentists office fixing to have one of my back teeth pulled. i hate this. one of the only things in the world that reduces me to a whining baby is getting a tooth pulled. went to see third day last night. man they are awesome live. one of my top 5 favorite bands of all time. its funny. me a 6.1 220 tattooed dude in black pants. combat boots. a leather jacket and an antestor shirt praising God in front of all these straightlaced mainstream christians and the funny thing is no one made me feel out of place. and i even more so now than ever believe third day is the christian lynyrd skynyrd. excellent show by an excellent band.
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:08 am

Being sick sucks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Thoughts Vide
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Band Forums :: The Mourning Dimension/Within The Torn Apart-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com