BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
billroxx

billroxx

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-09-05

Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Vide
PostSubject: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:44 pm

OK, here is the drop dead final track listing of what has now officially become a FULL 2 CD Set!

Now as an added bonus to all the presales you will get not one but two Signature Guitar Picks from Jimmy Brown and Mike Phillips! Only 100 available of each and when they are gone they are gone!

Also the first 100 copies will be personally autographed by Mike and Jimmy! All Cd's will ship on Moday August 30th!

Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! DeliverancePicks

Last edited by billroxx on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
billroxx

billroxx

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:44 pm

TRACK LISTING...

Disc 1

1. Deliverance – Flesh & Blood (25th Anniversary Recording) by: Jimmy P. Brown II w/George Ochoa
Jimmy P. Brown II – Vocals & Guitar; Michael Phillips - Lead Guitar; Jim Chaffin – Drums;
Gang Vocals - Mat Brown, Rachel Brown, Deborah Brown, Anakah Brown, Nikko Anasarias

2. Deliverance – In U (25th Anniversary Recording) by: Jimmy P. Brown II
Jimmy P. Brown II – Vocals & Guitar; Michael Phillips - Lead Guitar; Jim Chaffin – Drums; Mat Brown - Bass

3. Oil – Attack
Ron Rinehart – Vocals; Jason Vanderpal – Drums; James ‘JJ’ Jenkins (of East West) Bass; Blake Nelson (of Darkness Falls) All Guitars; Background Vocals; Ron Rinehart, James ‘JJ’ Jenkins, Bill ‘Roxx’ Bafford; Produced, Mixed and Engineered by Dave Franklin, Larry Bolen and James ‘JJ’ Jenkins

4. Applehead / fasedown – Belltown
Michael Phillips – All Guitars; Greg Minier – Vocals; Jim Chaffin – Drums; (1st lead Phillips; 2nd lead Minier)

5. Lambs Among Wolves – Greetings of Death
Glenn Rogers – Vocals, Lead & Rhythm Guitars; Daniel Cordova – Bass; Roy Z – Lead Guitar; John Gonzales – Drums

6. Stricken – No Time
Brian Scottini – Drums; Guitars: Matt Kearney, Corey Newton; Bass Guitar: Dana Emery; Vocals: Dave Meriwether; Produced, Mixed and Engineered by Dave Franklin and Larry Bolen

7. Faseultified – What a Joke
Scott Waters – Vocals; Michael Phillips – Guitars; Jim Chaffin – Drums; Tim Kronyak - Bass

8. Grave Robber – Awake

9. Ghostemple – If we faint not
Josh Kramer – Vocals; Myles Milleman – Drums; Matt Smith - Guitars/Bass;
Damon Smith, Landon Smith, Lisa Thaler, Todd Roberts and Josh Kramer - Back-up Vocals Engineered/Produced/Mixed By Matt Smith/Josh Kramer

10. Faith Factor – Weapons of our Warfare

11. Whisper from Heaven – Anymore

12. Venia – Desperate Cries

13. Days of Affliction – River Disturbance

14. Grave Forsaken – Bought by Blood

15. Eternal Decision – Belltown

Disc 2

1. Deliverance – Hunger & the Thirst (Previously Unreleased)

2. Oil – Screaming
Ron Rinehart – Vocals; Jason Vanderpal – Drums; James ‘JJ’ Jenkins (of East West) Bass; Blake Nelson (of Darkness Falls) All Guitars; Produced, Mixed and Engineered by Dave Franklin, Larry Bolen and James ‘JJ’ Jenkins

3. The Sacrificed – Slay the Wicked

4. Coriolis – What a Joke

5. Krig – Weapons of our Warfare

6. Leper – The Call

7. Unforsaken – Stay of Execution

8. Crucible Divine – Ramming Speed

9. Walk on Water – Learn

10. Visions of Heaven – Blood of the Covenant

11. Saint Spirit – Prophets of Idiocy

12. Bloodpaid – Words to the…

13. Bi-Polar Echo – The Call

14. Incarnate – Victory

15. Pastor Brad – A Space called you

Last edited by billroxx on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:47 pm

Has a pre-order started for these yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
billroxx

billroxx

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:42 pm

billroxx wrote:
TRACK LISTING...

Disc 2

3. The Sacrificed – Slay the Wicked

NAKED CHICKEN!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sutekh

Sutekh

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:30 am

Can't wait for this one.
Back to top Go down
jeff

jeff

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:00 pm

Got mine today! Can't wait to check it out!
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 2080
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Got mine today! Sounds absolutely FANtastic!!! You won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:22 am

#3/100

My favorite tracks so far:
Deliverance - Flesh & Blood (25th Anniversary Recording)
Oil - Attack
Applehead / Fasedown – Belltown
Lambs Among Wolves – Greetings of Death (w/ Glenn Rogers, Daniel Cordova & Roy Z)
FaeUltified - What A Joke (Fasedown with myself on vocals)
Grave Forsaken - Bought By Blood
Venia - Desperate Cries
The Sacrificed - Slay the Wicked

However, overall, I really enjoy disc one. The whole thing is pretty solid.

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Man, I need to get some money so I can snag this - The Sacrifice's cover of "Slay the Wicked" is so spot-on it nearly sounds like Deliverance at times! I was floored when I heard that at the end of "2012" Very Happy

D's interpretation of "Hunger & the Thirst" is so great - I love old Vector. Still bummed about no one covering anything from "Camelot in Smithereens". I was hoping someone on CMR would take me up on my offer to do vocals for one of those tracks Sad
Back to top Go down
http://metalfroreview.blogspot.com
sherri

sherri

Number of posts : 802

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:18 pm

thanks for everyone involved in this project.special thanks to bill gettin it to me and the "d" guys signing it.number 7/100!! right now after listening to both cds twice thru;i cant pick a fav yet.i will say that i love "Flesh and Blood" 25 yrs later they still have that incredible Deliverance sound! let me spin this a few times more before i comment futher.i just wanted to thank everyone!! I love you cheers Banger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/postivepromotions
billroxx

billroxx

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:14 pm

And the reviews are coming in....

FIRST from (No Life til Metal)

Temporary Insanity - A Tribute to Deliverance (Roxx Records) 2010

DISC ONE
1. Deliverance - Flesh and Blood (25th Anniversary Recording) (8:12) 2. Deliverance - In U (25th Anniversary Recording) (6:20) 3. Oil – Attack (3:40) 4. Applehead / fasedown – Belltown (4:40) 5. Lambs Among Wolves – Greetings of Death (2:48) 6. Stricken - No Time (4:35) 7. FaseUltified - What a Joke (6:11) 8. Grave Robber - Awake (3:54) 9. Ghostemple - If We Faint Not (4:27) 10. Faith Factor - Weapons of our Warfare (4:26) 11. Whisper from Heaven - Anymore (4:56) 12. Venia - Desperate Cries (4:03) 13. Days of Affliction - River Disturbance (6:23) 14. Grave Forsaken - Bought by Blood (3:47) 15. Eternal Decision - Belltown (4:41)

DISC TWO
1. Deliverance - Hunger and the Thirst (3:48) 2. Oil - Screaming (4:38) 3. The Sacrificed - Slay the Wicked (4:03) 4. Coriolis - What a Joke (6:24) 5. Krig - Weapons of our Warfare (4:54) 6. Leper - The Call (3:48) 7. Unforsaken - Stay of Execution (4:07) 8. Crucible Divine - Ramming Speed (5:59) 9. Walk on Water - Learn (4:22) 10. Visions of Reality - Blood of the Covenant (5:02) 11. Saint Spirit - Prophets of Idiocy (3:26) 12. Bloodpaid - Words to the… (4:33) 13. Bi-Polar Echo - The Call (4:41) 14. Incarnate - Victory (4:40) 15. Pastor Brad - A Space Called You (4:13)

The long awaited and anticipated Deliverance tribute from The Christian Metal Realm and Roxx Productions. Though it is a tribute to the might D, Deliverance themselves have contributed several tracks to the compilation including two newly recorded classic tracks. "Flesh & Blood" is incredible and the perfect track to start off the tribute. This song is followed-up by a newly recorded version of a track from their underrated "Camelot in Smithereens" CD. The song is a ballad and breaks up the speed and monotony a bit early. However, track three absolutely brings it back. Oil pull off a smokin' version of "Attack". The band got back together just long enough to record two songs for this tribute, the other track being "Screaming" on disc two. Of their two songs, I like "Attack" the best as is just seems to suit them better. Of course Oil features the vocals talents of Ron Rinehart of Dark Angel fame. The next track brings another veteran performer in Greg Minier, best known for being the guitarist of seminal crossover band The Crucified. In reality, this song is recorded by the current members of Deliverance as well with Greg on vocals. Track seven recorded under the name Faseultified features Scott Waters of Ultimatum on vocals features the same Deliverance band members, who also happen to be members of Fresno based metalcore band Fasedown. "What A Joke" is stunningly heavy with a bit of a Machine Head edge to it and features a smokin' guitar solo from Michael Phillips. One disc one, four tracks feature Michael Phillips on guitar and Jim Chaffin on drums. Ghost Temple features vocals by Josh Kramer of Saint. Their cover of "If We Faint Not" takes a song that was a straight up thrasher and gives it more of classic heavy metal approach. Very cool! "Whispers from Heaven" cover of "Anymore" sort of sticks out as their style is more in line with modern bands like Evanescence and Lacuna Coil. It's a very well recorded cover that I quite enjoyed. Venia continue in like manner with more gothic metal and female vocals. Other standout tracks are Faith Factor's melodic cover of "Weapons of our Warfare", the haunting rendition of "Awake" by Grave Robber, and Eternal Decision's ultra crunchy version of "Belltown". I haven't heard these guys sound this heavy and this good since their 1997 self titled release. Welcome back Eternal Decision.

While disc one mostly focused on heavy metal and thrash bands covering Deliverance songs, disc two has more variety as far as styles of music. The disc starts off with another Deliverance song. "Hunger and the Thirst" is a song that has not appeared on any Deliverance CD, but was released on the band's website many years ago. Track two is the aforementioned Oil track. The Sacrifice continue the traditional heavy metal approach with a screaming version of "Slay the Wicked". This is where the more traditional metal stops. Coriolis have transformed "What A Joke" into a song I can only describe as industrial, electronic rock. This song stands in stark contrast to the heavy version of the song on disc one. Krig take what is perhaps Deliverance's most well known song and bring it into dark, gutteral death/black metal territories. Leper rearrange "The Call" into an eerie, keyboard heavy new wave song. Unforsaken tackle "Stay Of Execution" and pretty much stay true to the original though making the song sound a bit more melodic than the original D version. Crucible Divine pick one of my favorite D songs, and one that is pretty obscure from the "Stay of Execution" CD. The song lends itself well to the band's modern rock style. Surprisingly the production on most of the tracks is quite good and flows well from song to song. Unfortunately the production drops severely for Visions of Reality, whose cover of "Blood of the Covenant" almost sounds like it was recorded live. Saint Spirit attempt to mix D's traditional speed metal approach with metalcore vocals in their cover of "Prophet of Idiocy". Their cover even changes up the bridge of the song to become a metalcore breakdown. Incarnate bring the sound back to a more traditional metal vibe on their cover of "Victory". The disc finishes out with Pastor Brad's cover of one of Deliverance most melodic songs "A Space Called You". Overall, as I stated at the beginning , disc two is the disc that offers the widest varieties of music styles.

The eight page booklet includes liner notes from Deliverance members Jimmy Brown and Michael Phillips, as well as Scott Waters and Robert Gutierrez of Ultimatum, Bill Bafford of Roxx Productions and Steve Rowe of Mortification. The booklet features several classic photos of the band as well as a handful of old Deliverance concert flyers. The limited edition, hand-numbered cover is autographed by several former and current Deliverance members including Jim Chaffin (drums), Michael Phillips (guitars), Brian Khairullah (bass). Tim Kronyak (bass). and Jimmy Brown (guitars/vocals). Those who pre-ordered the CD also received two signature guitar picks from Michael Phillips and Jimmy Brown. The entire package including all the music and extras is a fitting tribute to the might D.

Back to top Go down
billroxx

billroxx

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:16 pm

Second from Jimmy Brown himself....

Greetings my CMR Family...

I have to first say that I finally received my copy of "A Salute to Deliverance"... WOW... I am floored and humbled and unbelievably honored... The packaging is top notch! It was really well done and I cannot begin to thank you all here at the CMR and Bill Bafford at ROXX for realizing this... It is really wonderful and I thank you...

Thoughts on Disc 1:

1 & 2. Deliverance 2010 tracks (Flesh & Blood and In U)...
For balding aging rockers, these guys still sound good... All except that Jimmy Brown guy... You can tell all his weight gain has obstructed his abilty to play guitar and sing... Its a wonder he can even walk... Otherwise, pretty good for aging rockers...

3. OIL - Attack
WOW! I was floored... What a cool version of this song... The vocals are great and overall energy is excellent!

4. APPLEHEAD - Belltown
Man, I have always been a fan of Greg Minier from the time of The Crucified, and when he did his first solo record titled Minier, the of course Applehead... He is just an amazing talent! I had forgotten how killer of a singer Greg is! He always shred on the guitar, but man as a vocalist, he is simply amazing! This version of Belltown just left me stunned!!! Thank you Greg!!!

5. LAMBS AMONG WOLVES - Greetings of Death
Awesome!!! I listened to this and went, WHOA! Glenn Rogers was kind enough to take time out his very busy touring schedule to honor his ol' chums in the "D" with his rendition of G.o.D. Glenn and I always had fun with this one live... Glenn is a six string slayer! His talent is ever present and I didn't realize what a great singer he is! I guess the only thing I ever heard him sing was "Speckled Bird" from the first demo... LOL... But Glenn and Company shred!!! Thank you so much Glenn, especially the kind words on the insert...

6. STRICKEN - No Time
These guys nailed it! And then some... Man, another great singer!!! And the band just breathed some new life into this 24 year old song! What an honor... Thank you Gentlemen...

7. FaceUltified - What a Joke
Ok... It would be goofy of me to praise the music in this, seeing that it is done by my favorite guys to jam with! Mike Phillips, Jim Chaffin & Tim Kronyak who happen to be in Deliverance as well as Facedown! LOL... But I was so excited to hear Scott Waters on this track, and MAN I wasn't disappointed at all! Scott took this track to a whole new level with the Facedown boys and SUPER HEAVIED and already heavy song to begin with! It shreds from start to finish! The only thing that I missed was the main hook of the song during the intro, mid and end sections... But Scott, Mike, Jim and Tim's performance are TOP NOTCH!!! Thank you guys for the honor!!!

8. GRAVE ROBBER - Awake
At first, I was scared... Then I realized what song these guys were attempting... They used the old way we used to begin the song live which I thought was GREAT! But overall I think that GR shred this song HARD!!! I definitely dig this rendition a lot!!!

9. GHOSTEMPLE - If We Faint Not
This song came on and I was thinking WOW!!! I dig everything about this!!! And Josh Kramer (who I might add is one of the BEST singers I have ever heard) performance blew me away! He is so phenomenal! And the overall track just kicks major ass!!! Kudos to Ghostemple!!! I am flattered to have Josh singing on of my fav "D" songs!!!

10. FAITH FACTOR - Weapons of our Warfare
They took a classic "D" track and took it to a heavier energetic version that was very pleasing to the air! The funny thing is that I never thought Weapons was that great of a track, but listening to this version gave me a whole new appreciation of this track!!!

11. WHISPER FROM HEAVEN - Anymore
OK... I wasn't even sure of which song this one as I listened to it! Then the solo in the beginning made me realize that it was "Anymore"... I continued my listen and was blown away of how this band reinvented one of my favorite tracks I have ever written! Then the vocals kicked in, and I was floored with this wonderful, etherial, ghostly and powerful vocal performance! I have to say I listened to this track 3 times in a row! I am in love with it! I am not familiar with Whisper from Heaven (but am now a fan), but I cannot thank you enough for first, honoring me with this AMAZING re-work of this track and second, for executing this with amazing performance and beauty! It truly is a "whisper from Heaven" for me... Thank You... If ever you would like to work with me on a project, I would dig the opportunity! A duet with your lead singer would be an honor!

12. VENIA - Desperate Cries
The song started, and I was familiar with this one! But the style that VENIA did Deperate Cries in gave me chills!!! I was SOOOOO blown away at the incredible performance! They took what I considered my most progressive song and took in 100 steps higher!!! Again, like with WfH, the vocals blew me away!!! I was floored!!! This was another track I listened to 2-3 times in a row!!! I have always been a HUGE fan of female singers with unique and sweet styles! In pop music, Sarah McLachlin is a fav and in metal, Maria Brink from In This Moment. But the singer in VENIA is now among them as well as the vocalist from Whispers From Heaven... Anyway, this track just sends the chills! Musically, vocal performance, EVERYTHING!!! Thank you VENIA!!! And, if ever you want to work on a track together, I would love the opportunity!!!

13. DAYS OF AFFLICTION - River Disturbance
OK... I was afraid of hearing this... Only because I covet the songs on this disc, especially River Disturbance! Let me say, I was not horrified nor disappointed!!! I felt this to be a true to form homage that kept the song straight and executed well! I love the vocal performance on this as well as the guitarist nailed the solos that Jon and I did on the original track! I am VERY pleased with this and cannot say thank you enough for such an honoring!!!

14. GRAVE FORSAKEN - Bought by Blood
A very cool and unique take on this Weapons classic... One of my favorite tracks on the WooW CD... I think this version is unique and cool!!!

15. ETERNAL DECISION - Belltown
At first I kinda laughed at the fact that there are a few songs on this tribute done more than once. I have almost 100 or more songs in the "D" catalog, so why would there be any song doubled? But when I heard this version, MAN!!! It kicks me in the teeth!!! These guys just nailed it, and nailed it HARD!!! I really loved APPLEHEAD's version, but I really really love this version!!! Thank you E.D.

A HUGE thanks to Bill Bafford and my Man Artie Parker for even thinking of making this happen!!!

and a GIGANTIC thank you to all the contributing Artist's!!! My heart is overwhelmed and overjoyed!!!

I will review the 2nd disc when I am through with this one in my player... I am still enjoying this!!!

Love on Ya...
JB-
Back to top Go down
Thorwik

Thorwik

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:43 pm

billroxx wrote:

Venia continue in like manner with more gothic metal

Are you sure Scott didn't get an erroneous copy or something? Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_scratch Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
http://www.veniaband.com/
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Thorwik wrote:
billroxx wrote:

Venia continue in like manner with more gothic metal

Are you sure Scott didn't get an erroneous copy or something? Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_scratch Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Kopfschuettel

Don't agree? Sounds like female fronted gothic metal to me.

BTW, the review I sent to Bill was just a rough draft. Didn't know it was going to get posted. The final review will be similar and posted on NLTM in the near future.
Back to top Go down
billroxx

billroxx

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Oh sorry Scott ! I didnt mean to do that premature !

I though it was posted, my bad!

Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:15 pm

Not a problem. Leave it. It's cool.

It just has some typos and I will add a few things since I've heard the album several times since I wrote that.
Back to top Go down
Thorwik

Thorwik

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Honestly? No I don't. Frankly I was very surprised by that comment as when you reviewed our EP in 2005 you wrote "First of all, the music is thrashy, heavy metal, not some goth-influenced, pop, metal-wannabe crap". We were very pleased to see someone who actually "got it", understood that female vocals and violin doesn't automatically turn heavy/thrash metal into gothic and who didn't try to compare us to Within Temptation and whatnot. Our three main influences are still heavy metal, thrash metal and power metal and with the cover we set out to make a hybrid of the speed metal era Deliverance and our own sound, so I just can't comprehend how the song sounds gothic to you. It's OK though, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 pm

billroxx wrote:
Second from Jimmy Brown himself....

12. VENIA - Desperate Cries
The song started, and I was familiar with this one! But the style that VENIA did Deperate Cries in gave me chills!!! I was SOOOOO blown away at the incredible performance! They took what I considered my most progressive song and took in 100 steps higher!!! Again, like with WfH, the vocals blew me away!!! I was floored!!! This was another track I listened to 2-3 times in a row!!! I have always been a HUGE fan of female singers with unique and sweet styles! In pop music, Sarah McLachlin is a fav and in metal, Maria Brink from In This Moment. But the singer in VENIA is now among them as well as the vocalist from Whispers From Heaven... Anyway, this track just sends the chills! Musically, vocal performance, EVERYTHING!!! Thank you VENIA!!! And, if ever you want to work on a track together, I would love the opportunity!!!

and a GIGANTIC thank you to all the contributing Artist's!!! My heart is overwhelmed and overjoyed!!!

I will review the 2nd disc when I am through with this one in my player... I am still enjoying this!!!

Love on Ya...
JB-

Strong compliments from The Big D about Venia. So cool!!! Jimmy desires to collaborate with Venia. I would love to hear this one day. I hope y'all can make it happen.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal

ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:11 pm

Thorwik wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Honestly? No I don't. Frankly I was very surprised by that comment as when you reviewed our EP in 2005 you wrote "First of all, the music is thrashy, heavy metal, not some goth-influenced, pop, metal-wannabe crap". We were very pleased to see someone who actually "got it", understood that female vocals and violin doesn't automatically turn heavy/thrash metal into gothic and who didn't try to compare us to Within Temptation and whatnot. Our three main influences are still heavy metal, thrash metal and power metal and with the cover we set out to make a hybrid of the speed metal era Deliverance and our own sound, so I just can't comprehend how the song sounds gothic to you. It's OK though, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

OK, I'll reword it. I can do that. Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_biggrin

Just to be fair, I didn't really mean it as an insult. I think the song came out great!
Back to top Go down
Thorwik

Thorwik

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:38 am

oldschooldoom wrote:
Strong compliments from The Big D about Venia. So cool!!! Jimmy desires to collaborate with Venia. I would love to hear this one day. I hope y'all can make it happen.

Yeah, we were really honored, humbled, encouraged and inspired by Jimmy's words. I haven't felt this excited to work on something new since we did that cover almost a year ago. Jimmy's expressed desire to collaborate on something thrills me and makes me sad at the same time. It would be a dream come true, but with the huge distance between us it just seems really difficult. I'm not saying never though. If it does happen sometimes it will require a really special song where we truly outdo ourselves. Jimmy doesn't deserve anything less. It's a huge opportunity and a huge challenge at the same time.

ultmetal wrote:
OK, I'll reword it. I can do that. Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_biggrin

Just to be fair, I didn't really mean it as an insult. I think the song came out great!

I wasn't insulted, don't worry. Sorry if it seemed that way. I've got nothing against gothic metal and even really like some of it. We're just a bit tired of being called a gothic band a lot when that's something we don't agree with at all and in the light of your earlier review it was quite unexpected. We even joked about naming our debut album "This is not Nightwish-influenced gothic metal" at one point. Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_wink I'm glad you like the song.
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:50 am

Wait, Venia isn't gothic??? Shocked
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:02 am

JeffdlS wrote:
gangsta chairbeat peg
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:05 am

oldschooldoom wrote:
JeffdlS wrote:
gangsta chairbeat peg

Whut??? scratch

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!   Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Deliverance - Temporary Insanity a Salute to 'D' update!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Affiliates :: Roxx Productions-
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com