BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Bible is not the Word of God.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:03 pm

that's best english translation, in my opinion.. the kjv

the gutenberg is supposedly one of the best german translations and was also one of the first ever on printed pages.. (1470 a.d.) it influenced the early version sof the kjv that would come much later..

The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 430px-Gutenberg_bible_Old_Testament_Epistle_of_St_Jerome

Last edited by Kamerad Ash on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
FireProphet

FireProphet

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:08 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
There is nothing to attack anyone about, people. We are all just children in the grand scheme of things.. who muddle through concepts that are much bigger that we are as mortal humans.
Truth. As I continue to learn things, this only becomes even more evident.
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:03 am

FireProphet wrote:
Kamerad Ash wrote:
There is nothing to attack anyone about, people. We are all just children in the grand scheme of things.. who muddle through concepts that are much bigger that we are as mortal humans.
Truth. As I continue to learn things, this only becomes even more evident.
+1.
I think everyone missed the point with Ash's original post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
GraceUnderPressure

GraceUnderPressure

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:35 pm

IronGuardian wrote:
Semantics.

Agreed. The Bible is the literal WOG and Jesus is the Embodiment of this Word called The Logos.
Back to top Go down
Ethereal Messenger

Ethereal Messenger

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:46 pm

I can see what everyones trying to say. But is it hard to think that If God is a perfect God. That he intended for the Bible to be the way it is today. I mean, he is an Omniscient God right? that means he knows Past, Present, Future, and every hair on your head. So if he knows all these things. And he has a plan for everything. Then wouldn't that mean that the Bible is exactly the way he intended it to be? I guess its just a thing of Faith.....IMO
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/etherealmessenger
Matt

Number of posts : 7214
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:27 am

I strongly agree with Ash, Hguols and the other heretics.
Back to top Go down
GraceUnderPressure

GraceUnderPressure

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Ethereal Messenger wrote:
I can see what everyones trying to say. But is it hard to think that If God is a perfect God. That he intended for the Bible to be the way it is today. I mean, he is an Omniscient God right? that means he knows Past, Present, Future, and every hair on your head. So if he knows all these things. And he has a plan for everything. Then wouldn't that mean that the Bible is exactly the way he intended it to be? I guess its just a thing of Faith.....IMO

That's a false dichotomy IMO. If something is twisted, that doesn't denigrate the object being twisted: it demonstrates the "twistedness" of the agent(s) doing the twisting.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:28 pm

I look it differently.. Etheral messenger. That God can simply use "imperfect things perfectly".

Also, our ideas are too small and fragile for a scripture that we can read at all, to be written "perfectly". If we are too be able to grasp it all, it must be written imperfectly.
Back to top Go down
GraceUnderPressure

GraceUnderPressure

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:18 pm

Not buying that argument. Once more, the Scriptures are not made imperfect because of our own imperfection. Can you show me ONCE in Scripture where God does something that isn't perfect?
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Your conufsing scripture with the Word Of God that can, for some, be found through it.

The shell is not in the substance and the substance is not in the shell.
Back to top Go down
Ethereal Messenger

Ethereal Messenger

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:41 am

I think I understand what your saying, It just sounds confusing reading it.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/etherealmessenger
GraceUnderPressure

GraceUnderPressure

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
Your conufsing scripture with the Word Of God that can, for some, be found through it.

The shell is not in the substance and the substance is not in the shell.

You have yet to prove their is a "substance" from "shell" dichotomy.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Really?

if I write-- SKY. <------ is that what SKY is? Or is Sky something else that the word is used as a symbol for?

I'm sure you know the answer.

In the same sense is Scripture not the Word of God, but you can get to the Word through it.

did God direct the writing of scripture? Of Course! Are the words of Scripture the same as The Word, which is God..? No, of course, not.
Back to top Go down
GraceUnderPressure

GraceUnderPressure

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:32 pm

If you cared to read my earlier post, I described how BOTH scenarios are accurate. Jesus is the embodiment of the Word of God (aka The Logos), and there is a literal WOG (that is, His word). You're serving up an unhealthy false dichotomy with your "either-or" scenario.
Back to top Go down
Shamax

Shamax

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Gotta agree with GUP. You're mixing categories and terms here, Ash. The Bible is the "Word of God" as in it is God's revelation of himself to us. As for the Word (logos) being God (per the intro of John's gospel account) it's a different concept. Almost like confusing the terms "weigh" and "way" because they sound similar - they're talking about different things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Shamax
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:29 am

Kamerad Ash wrote:
Did you know this?

The Word of God.. according to the scriptures which make up the Bible.. is a person.. also known as God.. which exists and existed before all things.

The Word of God can be found through Scripture.. but it is not Scripture itself. The Bible is the physical imperfect thing that has been translated from imperfect men's scriptures.. who wrote it inspired and even directed by the perfect Word of God.. whom is of course.. perfect God.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word
was God.

Anyone disagree?

referring to this verse, christ was the word. the bible is as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:24 am

GraceUnderPressure wrote:
If you cared to read my earlier post, I described how BOTH scenarios are accurate. Jesus is the embodiment of the Word of God (aka The Logos), and there is a literal WOG (that is, His word). You're serving up an unhealthy false dichotomy with your "either-or" scenario.

I disagree.

Using the greek word Logos to try and make your argument sound heavier.. doesn't change anything.

What I am saying is still true. Scripture says nothing of Scripture Being the " Word. "

the Same Word who created that heavens and the earth.

This "Logos" is a Spiritual Logos.. Just as I am pointing out that Physical Words can be used to find Nonphysical places and Ideas.. that lead to Places. Such is scripture.

The words that lead to the "Logos" are scripture. The Logo itself is what the words lead to.

The Words cannot be "the Word, who is God".. for that would be God throwing pearls before swine. The "World" does not know him and as such. scripture can be used to reach the Word by only those he first called. Also, that would make The Bible more holy that it should be. While it is indeed Holy ( set apart for God ).. it is not as Sacred and Holy as the Word Himself. IT could not be.. or none of could read it without falling to the ground as if dead.

.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bible is not the Word of God.   The Bible is not the Word of God. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Bible is not the Word of God.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Theology-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com