BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Why do you make music?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Why do you make music? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Why do you make music?   Why do you make music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:24 am

To release the ever imposing mighty bowel winds from the ancient rectum of withered time upon the wretched spawn of the midnight hymn and permiate the nose of the haunted midgit with the drones of death. also because the fuzzed out bass tones make my toes feel funny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dave80tunes
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Why do you make music?   Why do you make music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:13 pm

NapalmDave))) wrote:
To release the ever imposing mighty bowel winds from the ancient rectum of withered time upon the wretched spawn of the midnight hymn and permiate the nose of the haunted midgit with the drones of death. also because the fuzzed out bass tones make my toes feel funny.

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAAAA!!!! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Why do you make music?   Why do you make music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:41 pm

on a serious note and above my first post months ago which i will now elaborate on, when i started in 93 or so it was out of bordom and being high all the time, i wanted to hear a certain sound that i was not hearing anywhere else, so i made it on my own, which worked well so i kept with it, i had a doom band back then which was a mix between black flag and saint vitus so i got to play both sides of the fence, traditional music and non traditional music, after the doom band died around 98 i had alot more time on my hands and was still high all the time with nothing to do so i got serious about drone, this was after being deep into earth and being obsessed with their sound, the depths of thought and inner being you could reach with their music on lsd i cant even try to explain, but its what i did daily for years and years, after i got hooked on heroin in 99 music got less important to me so i dont remember much from 99 to 05 about my sound other than the scattered recordings i have, but after 05 when i got cleaned up i focused heavy on ambient music and it helped me tremndously with staying clean, the frame of mind i was in listening to and making ambient music really helped a lot, then in 06 i got serious about drone again and in 07 wtta was born, you all know the story from there, but now music creation for me is more about staying well, i go back and listen to what i made back in the later half of the 90's and the beginning of the 2000's and realize i will never go there again, i guess now music creation is my anti drug as cheesy as that sounds, it gives me something to focus on besides drugs, my mind is always occupied, and i have trained myself to think on music whenever i think on drugs, and it has worked for me well, but more so now than ever i use my music to spread the word of our almighty God, there is no better way to witness to the masses than through music, and i make no bones about it, its not hidden and i am not shy, when you listen to my music you know its about God
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dave80tunes
Shamgar

Shamgar

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Why do you make music?   Why do you make music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:41 am

I make music, because it's one of the few things I actually like doing, which also allows me to produce something, instead of just consuming what others have made. It's an outlet for my innermost feelings.

And it's very cool if you look back a couple of years and see how much you've improved over the years, or see others enjoy what you've created etc.

If it were up to me, I'd make music all the time, unfortunately all the musicstyles I like only cost money, so I got to do a regular job to pay the bills and have to keep certain projects locked in the closet, because I don't have time for them.

Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Why do you make music?   Why do you make music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:52 am

Welcome to the forum Shamgar. Even though I already know you from nordicfest.no

Hail Slechtvalk Grim Banger
Back to top Go down
Martinez

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Why do you make music?   Why do you make music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:07 pm

According to the Bible itself everything we do, must be for the glory of God.

also we must be very careful with our music if we want to preach the gospel of Christ with it.

Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Why do you make music?   Why do you make music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:51 pm

In memory of everything I've seen, heard and felt.
In memory of every friend, and relative, and anyone who has died.
I make music to give glory back to God for his creation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Why do you make music?   Why do you make music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:00 am

BOXXYBABEEBROOTAL wrote:
In memory of everything I've seen, heard and felt.
In memory of every friend, and relative, and anyone who has died.
I make music to give glory back to God for his creation.

well said !
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Shamgar

Shamgar

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Why do you make music?   Why do you make music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:26 am

Vengeance wrote:
According to the Bible itself everything we do, must be for the glory of God.

Does that mean that lyrics should narrate about the glory of God or is it more like an attitude of the musician in particular?

Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Why do you make music?   Why do you make music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:55 am

olias wrote:
Welcome to the forum Shamgar. Even though I already know you from nordicfest.no

Hail Slechtvalk Grim Banger

Hail slechtvalk indeed, slechtvalk is like the greatest thing ever.....besides caffeine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you make music?   Why do you make music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Why do you make music?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Music Discussion :: Musicians Lair-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com