BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Two Question about Social Networking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
325ad

Number of posts : 967
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Two Question about Social Networking Vide
PostSubject: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 1:05 am

I am trying to understand why someone a person knows would not confirm you as a friend on facebook or myspace. Also why do people get unfriended or defriended? Thanks! Neutral
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 1:10 am

Your friend has either rejected your friend request or hasn't responded to it yet. To see for yourself, go to Account, then Edit Friends, and then the link Friends on the left side, under Lists. If you see the person you requested on the list and "Friend Request Pending" is under their name, then they simply haven't accepted or ignored your friend request yet. If they aren't there, then they must've rejected your friend request.
Back to top Go down
Intense Millennium
Admin
Intense Millennium

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 1:34 am

For me personally on facebook I try to keep my account to people I know in real life, or to people I actually talk to a lot online. I'm really picky about who I accept and don't accept.

Last edited by Admin on Sat May 15, 2010 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.intensemillennium.com
lord voldemort

lord voldemort

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 2:09 am

What i have seen on this is that either they do not know that it is you, or they no longer want to be your friend.

I have requested people who know me in RL only to reject me as a facebook friend, only to tell them who I am and they ignore me.

So in that case, they were never really my friend to begin with.

What bothers me is when I message friends and they ignore it or do not respond to it.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 2:13 am

my answer to both...who cares?
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 2:34 am

lord voldemort wrote:
What bothers me is when I message friends and they ignore it or do not respond to it.

I'm guilty of that from time to time, although it's the same with emails and any sort6 of corespondance.

My problem is not people rejecting me, but rather trying to work out who the people sending me friend requests are!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
Munkey

Munkey

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 12:39 pm

One thing not mentioned here is that they may not want you to see what they post (pictures, rants, etc). A coworker is a good example of this. Another good example is family you see two or three times a year. Do you really want them seeing everything you do and reading everything you post?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/acadianametal
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Munkey wrote:
One thing not mentioned here is that they may not want you to see what they post (pictures, rants, etc). A coworker is a good example of this. Another good example is family you see two or three times a year. Do you really want them seeing everything you do and reading everything you post?

yep.. the stream gets cluttered with too much random stuff you don't want to hear about or see
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
GothiChild

GothiChild

Number of posts : 2005

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Admin wrote:
For me personally on facebook I try to keep my account to people I know in real life, or to people I actually talk to a lot online. I'm really picky about who I accept and don't accept.

same here. Excluding that I don't add people I know online (with a few exceptions) Razz I just add/accept those who I know in real life, those who study Music in the same university or those from my town. I don't see the point of having 500+ of people you don't know in real life.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 2:38 pm

I'd add anyone as a friend. Even people who rub me the wrong way, if they ask to be my friend, I'll accept.

A little bit on the side of Olias, it's no big deal. If someone rejects or discontinues a site account friendship, I certainly don't take it personally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
fairydust

fairydust

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 4:22 pm

i once un-friended about 25 people because i wanted to keep it around 100 friends. the two that i missed, i re-added. in the future, i think i'll keep everyone. i don't really care about everyone though. i care about the people i talk to, or who talk to me. those would be my friends. i think Facebook is more like Acquaintance-book. lol
Back to top Go down
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sun May 16, 2010 12:23 am

Hguols wrote:
I'd add anyone as a friend. Even people who rub me the wrong way, if they ask to be my friend, I'll accept.

A little bit on the side of Olias, it's no big deal. If someone rejects or discontinues a site account friendship, I certainly don't take it personally.

Tom I have looked for you but can't find you send me a link or Friend Request. Thanks! Wink
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sun May 16, 2010 5:52 am

I add most people, if they are people from my past that I think are d heads, I won't add them, if they are going to tell on me to my parents even though I am a 27 yr old woman I delete or limit the profile so they see jack... one of my mums friends starting asking my mum questions about things on my page... she went bye bye- mum so did not care.

Thats when I stopped adding to be "nice".
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 3067
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sun May 16, 2010 6:04 am

I un-friended about 25 people a few weeks back. Mostly because i didn't check their FB pages and as far as i know they didn't react/check my pages as well. Like James said i also try to keep Facebook for People i know in real life or actually talk to online.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Number of posts : 7214

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sun May 16, 2010 7:19 am

I accept everyone :p
Back to top Go down
metalgrinch

metalgrinch

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sun May 16, 2010 4:35 pm

olias wrote:
my answer to both...who cares?

+1
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=610958313
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sun May 16, 2010 5:41 pm

325ad wrote:
Hguols wrote:

Tom I have looked for you but can't find you send me a link or Friend Request. Thanks! Wink

HAHAHA!!! We've been friends for a long time already.
You were one of my first friends on Untombed. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sun May 16, 2010 9:41 pm

oteis wrote:
I un-friended about 25 people a few weeks back. Mostly because i didn't check their FB pages and as far as i know they didn't react/check my pages as well. Like James said i also try to keep Facebook for People i know in real life or actually talk to online.

yea because ppl online arent real people Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1Sun May 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Hguols wrote:
325ad wrote:
Hguols wrote:

HAHAHA!!! We've been friends for a long time already.
You were one of my first friends on Untombed. ^_^

HA HA You got me! I was looking for you on facebook. I guess you are not there! HA HA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Question about Social Networking   Two Question about Social Networking Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Two Question about Social Networking

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com