BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Ancient Greeks and Philistines were Norsemen?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

The Ancient Greeks and Philistines were Norsemen? Vide
PostSubject: The Ancient Greeks and Philistines were Norsemen?   The Ancient Greeks and Philistines were Norsemen? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:21 pm

So I was talking to my dad this last Saint Patricks day... cause we had a nice Irish feast.. and he is an Ancient History and Classical Language scholar, with a Masters degree in both.

We were talking about the Nephilim and giants and then the Greeks and Trojans.. and he was telling me that most Scholars have come to a consensus that the ancient Greeks actually came from the North.. what would be modern dday Russia, Norway, Sweden... and that for example.. they are described physically also as being quite tall, having blond hair and blue grey eyes. He told me Agamemnon ( spelling) when his burial spot was found.. was discovered to be 7 feet tall. And then there is Achilles... and the Spartans, etc and so forth.

Also, one can see in the armor.. helmets... and ships of the Greeks.. a similar design to the later viking ships, helmets armor,etc.

Then, on talking some more about it.. my dad told me that the Ancient Phillistines.. which the Isareealites had to fight.. including of course the famous Goliath.. were aso believed to be Norsemen... the Philistine ships and armor and artistry is also incredibly similiar to the Greek and viking couterparts and they were also.. even aside from Goliath described as physcially Nordic looking.

Interestingly, both Achilles ( the Greek hero ) and Goliath were referred to as wielding spears the size of chariot axles.

He told me that the race of Greeks today are not at all related to the ancient Greeks.. but moved in later from Persia and elsewhere.

I thought this was qute interesting, anybody heard of it before?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
lord voldemort

lord voldemort

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient Greeks and Philistines were Norsemen?   The Ancient Greeks and Philistines were Norsemen? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:07 am

The philistines, I believe are related to the Phoneticians, which had outpost all over the Med, and maybe even along the Atlantic.

There is the theory that parts of Europe, though I do not partake of this, that some of the Europeans countries may have their ancestry in the "lost tribes of Israel". Some have argued that the tribe of Dan maybe the most prominent since they named everything after "Dan".

Like the DANube River, DNiper River, ScanDINavia, DENMark, etc.

“A group of Sea People bore the name of “Dan.” The Bible tells how a segment of the seafaring (Judges 5:17) Danites [were part of] the tribal system of ancient Israel… The Danites were widespread. Cyprus was called Ia-Dnan ‘The Island of Dan(an).’ The same people were called Danuna, and under this name they appear as rulers of the Plain of Adana in Cilicia. Greek tradition has their eponymous ancestor, Danaos (Dan), migrating from the Nile delta to Greece… [Note that the Israelites did in fact migrate from Egypt.] So important was this movement that the Greeks afterward called themselves Danaoi for centuries. Virgil also designated the Greeks as “Danai.” Bold scholars see the influence of the Danites in Irish folk-lore… and in the name of Danmark (“Denmark”): the land of Dan… it is a mistake to accept the consensus and to imagine that Sea People with enough striking power… to change the course of history were unenterprising to the point of never sailing west of Gibraltar.”

http://www.israelite.info/research/sourcedocumentsfiles/dan.html

I am not sure of this theory, but it is out there, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient Greeks and Philistines were Norsemen?   The Ancient Greeks and Philistines were Norsemen? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:14 am

I remember also when I was reading Homers Illiad, that one of the translators commented in the forward that the Greeks must have been form the Northern European areas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient Greeks and Philistines were Norsemen?   The Ancient Greeks and Philistines were Norsemen? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Ancient Greeks and Philistines were Norsemen?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Theology-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com