BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Heaven and Hell

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:34 am

wizardovmetal wrote:

as far as the "traditional view" of heaven, (clouds and harps) all i have to say is this
Rolling Eyes cyclops lol! ROFL
that's the hollywood version haha. Heaven is described a little, like a city of gold. There will be alot of mansions, a throne room, and a huge dining hall. That's about all the information the bible gives us on Heaven
Back to top Go down
lord voldemort

lord voldemort

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:49 pm

Jim wrote:
i'm far from a scholar (except egyptology Razz)
but this idea of "eternal torment" in Hell because you don't believe everything in the bible (and that is how i've always been taught) just feels like "fear mongering"
What your saying LordV really makes sense that, if you do believe you get to live forever with JC but if you don't you just die forever.
Now thats a choice i can make without, fear, guilt etc.

I agree.

When we think of Hell we think of Dante's Inferno or Paradise Lost. Which both rely on their own fantasy as well as mythology, especially Dante.

But if one boiled the bible down to two thoughts Life and Death, than both become eternal.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:23 pm

to me hell is exactly how christ describes it, darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, my grandma has the misfortune of actually being shown this place by god when she was suicidal, it is exactly as described, i also beleive when the whole lake of fire thing comes to pass and when hell is thrown into it, the souls are permanently destroyed, as LV states, eternal death. ask anyone who has died and seen "paradise" and you yield consistent results of a beautiful lush landscape full of vibrance and life the physical plane never had, ive been doing alot of scientific research on god, the spirit world etc, come up with the conclusion that paradise, heaven etc are not a different dimension in THIS universe, but a seperate universe altogether, science has shown their is a possibility of many universes each programed to function differently meaning they would not have to abide by the same physical laws as this universe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Heaven and Hell

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Theology-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com