BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Last Temptation Of Christ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Rotout

Mr. Rotout

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2009-11-10

The Last Temptation Of Christ Vide
PostSubject: The Last Temptation Of Christ   The Last Temptation Of Christ Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:51 am

So, are there a lot of people who have seen this movie? It's a 1988 film directed by Martin Scorsese starring Willem Dafoe as a deeply confused Jesus. After wanting to see it for a while now, I just watched it a few hours ago for the first time. It was quite interesting and very controversial. Of course, it's a work of fiction based on Nikos Kazantzakis' book; but I was just curious on people's thoughts and opinions on the film and why it would be placed in the Christian section in a movie store.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engarniainc
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: The Last Temptation Of Christ   The Last Temptation Of Christ Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:40 am

Gonna move this in movies section Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
Mr. Rotout

Mr. Rotout

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The Last Temptation Of Christ   The Last Temptation Of Christ Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:46 pm

Ok cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engarniainc
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The Last Temptation Of Christ   The Last Temptation Of Christ Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:44 pm

I heard its blasphemous. I haven't seen it though. I love Scorese though. Taxi Driver is one of my faves.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: The Last Temptation Of Christ   The Last Temptation Of Christ Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:20 pm

I hear it's also extremely boring, people only went to see it for the controversy.
Back to top Go down
mystery

mystery

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: The Last Temptation Of Christ   The Last Temptation Of Christ Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:01 pm

great flick. touchy subject matter.
Back to top Go down
Rose Moonbell

Rose Moonbell

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The Last Temptation Of Christ   The Last Temptation Of Christ Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:55 am

The last temptation of Christ was a very long and stupid movie. In no way did it show the ways of Christ, or the passion which we know him as. I watched this movie with my future husband, aka. Mr. rotout. The movie betrays Jesus as a confused human not knowing he was Christ, Gods only son; not knowing what he was sent to do. To me, the movie told me that Jesus was a joke, and a coward! To me, the movie is very blasphemous and mind tricking. If I were a first time believer I would be very confused in my faith! Watch at your own risk!

God Bless
Back to top Go down
Sutekh

Sutekh

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Last Temptation Of Christ   The Last Temptation Of Christ Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:20 am

I found the film quite moving. It explores the humanity of Jesus well, demonstrating some of the doubts he would have had about laying down his life. The tension between his human and divine nature does result in him seeming confused -but it grapples with questions we don't often consider -at what point did Jesus know he was God's son? How did he know he wasn't crazy? It shows Judas in a different light to other films, with Judas not wanting to betray Jesus, but with Jesus forcing his hand. I also thought the portrayal of Satan was excellent. The 'temptation' of the title has nothing to do with sex, though, and the 'controversy' was largely from people who hadn't seen the film. It's not for everyone -that's never been Scorsese's style -but it's well worth watching if you have an interest in Christology.
Back to top Go down
rightwing3

rightwing3

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: The Last Temptation Of Christ   The Last Temptation Of Christ Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:16 am

I watched this movie with as open of a mind as possible. I thought it was terrible....as in, unentertaining. I didn't think it was a well done movie regardless of the subject matter. If this movie served any purpose, it probably managed to confuse people who didn't really know who Christ was/is. It seemed at times, Martin S. was going strictly for shock value instead of telling a story. He managed to offend lots of people, but this movie didn't do well at the box office regardless of the free publicity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Temptation Of Christ   The Last Temptation Of Christ Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Last Temptation Of Christ

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Everything Else :: Movies / TV-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com