BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone here work out or exercise?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:36 pm

So I started the StrongLifts 5X5 routine today. Simple, but strenuous.

Quote :
Well..not really. Sure, if you are emaciated.

Which seems to stylish these days. Having body fat in the single digits isnt a good thing.

Men should look like this:

Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Fedor

Not like this:

Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Skinnyj4
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:54 pm

olias wrote:
Kamerad Ash wrote:
My job makes a couple hours in a gym look like a walk in the park. Thus, I don't need to exercise or work out. Nutrition ad eating right are my challenges.

what do you do?

Since there's a injury involved that means sitting funny (which results in mashing the keyboard for online communication) I'm betting he works with his pelvis.

First thing that came to mind was a stripper. ...with a "thrusty" job like that, a couple hours in the gym would seem like a "walk" in the park.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Been making some good gains lately.

All these are 3X5, except deadlift, which is 1X5:

Squat:235
Press:130
Bench:225
Deadlift:255

My goals:

Squat: 400 before the end of the summer
Bench: 245 before the end of the semester, 300 before the end of the summer
Press: Over 200 before the end of the summer
Deadlift: 400 before the end of the summer
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:53 pm

Tallerthanatree wrote:
Been making some good gains lately.

All these are 3X5, except deadlift, which is 1X5:

Squat:235
Press:130
Bench:225
Deadlift:255

My goals:

Squat: 400 before the end of the summer
Bench: 245 before the end of the semester, 300 before the end of the summer
Press: Over 200 before the end of the summer
Deadlift: 400 before the end of the summer

Those are good numbers! Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:37 pm

I might as well post my own growth. I normally do 3 sets of 10 with 295lbs on the bench (with a spotter riding with me on the last few. I definitely can't get 10 myself)

Today was the first time I managed to get 7 reps myself all three sets. ^_^

(usually its 7, 6, 5 or 6, 5, 4 or 7, 6, 6 or variations of numbers like that or reps per set.)

YAY! 7, 7, 7!!! YAY!

^_^
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 pm

So, I decided to start working out a few days ago. I'm not sure if I'll even get in better shape (eating a scoop of peanut butter negates half an hour of exercise, screw that), but at least it'll keep my heart healthy.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:38 pm

I used to go to gyms a lot.

Now I'm more into bodyweight bodybuilding. Starts with 1 hour stretch every day (before the exercises themselves). All you need is 2 solid chairs (for pushup variations) and a good pullup bar.

Last edited by Hero on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Actually, high protein foods are good for building muscle.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:10 pm

I jump under 295lbs on the bench without stretching. >_<'

Bad habit.
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Um its impossible for all guys to look like the big meat head you posted... but yes... being fit is a great thing.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:21 pm

therockismighty wrote:
Um its impossible for all guys to look like the big meat head you posted... but yes... being fit is a great thing.

I've been accused of being on steroids before. >_<'
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Yeah? I would understand that, but you seem to have a build that would allow for you to be what shape your in now..... but I look at my brother... he could possibly turn into that guy in the first photo... but not the skinny guys in the 2nd... its about build etc... most of my male friends are just naturally skinny and only can put on more weight and muscle by going to the gym and gorging on protein shakes etc.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Well on my way to that 300 lb squat by the end of the semester.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Tallerthanatree wrote:
Actually, high protein foods are good for building muscle.

Lean protein though.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:31 pm

LastFirstborn wrote:
So, I decided to start working out a few days ago. I'm not sure if I'll even get in better shape (eating a scoop of peanut butter negates half an hour of exercise, screw that), but at least it'll keep my heart healthy.

What are your goals?
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:20 pm

Hguols wrote:
olias wrote:
Kamerad Ash wrote:
My job makes a couple hours in a gym look like a walk in the park. Thus, I don't need to exercise or work out. Nutrition ad eating right are my challenges.

what do you do?

Since there's a injury involved that means sitting funny (which results in mashing the keyboard for online communication) I'm betting he works with his pelvis.

First thing that came to mind was a stripper. ...with a "thrusty" job like that, a couple hours in the gym would seem like a "walk" in the park.

Does this injury prevent him from reaching the backspace key?
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:44 pm

olias wrote:
LastFirstborn wrote:

What are your goals?

I just want to improve my body composition a little. I'm pretty good looking already, but I'm out of shape (because I'm a lazy bum Laughing) and I want to fix that.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 pm

olias wrote:
Hguols wrote:
olias wrote:
Kamerad Ash wrote:

what do you do?

Does this injury prevent him from reaching the backspace key?

Haha, I was about to say. Squatting, deadlifting, pressing, etc., thats working out, and its hard. Doing a bunch of bicep curls in front of the mirror with your bros isnt working out; its ******* around.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:57 pm

LastFirstborn wrote:
olias wrote:
LastFirstborn wrote:

What are your goals?

I just want to improve my body composition a little. I'm pretty good looking already, but I'm out of shape (because I'm a lazy bum Laughing) and I want to fix that.

You are thin, so do you want to gain weight in musclemass?
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:59 pm

olias wrote:
LastFirstborn wrote:
olias wrote:
LastFirstborn wrote:

What are your goals?

You are thin, so do you want to gain weight in musclemass?

Yes.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:44 pm

I can't give you an entire workout routine here, however there are a few things you should know.

For muscle gain, lift higher weights, less reps. And eat more lean protein and complex carbohydrates (brown rice, whole wheat, sweet potatoes). If you aren't eating enough, you are only going to damage your muscles. You need the proper caloric intake in order to support muscle growth. So by NOT eating that peanut butter, you are screwing up your workout Smile

Check out this book here:

http://www.amazon.com/Ironmans-Ultimate-Bodybuilding-Encyclopedia-Peter/dp/0809228114

Look for it at a library.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:30 pm

If you do get into body building, good stretching before exercising is really a must. Always keep this in mind: Better be flexible and little ripped, than to be ripped and not so flexible.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Hero wrote:
If you do get into body building, good stretching before exercising is really a must. Always keep this in mind: Better be flexible and little ripped, than to be ripped and not so flexible.

Well, why not both?
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:25 am

Quote :
If you aren't eating enough, you are only going to damage your muscles. You need the proper caloric intake in order to support muscle growth. So by NOT eating that peanut butter, you are screwing up your workout.

True that. I eat about 4000 calories a day.

And I think this book would be a better recommendation.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:34 pm

olias wrote:
I can't give you an entire workout routine here, however there are a few things you should know.

For muscle gain, lift higher weights, less reps. And eat more lean protein and complex carbohydrates (brown rice, whole wheat, sweet potatoes). If you aren't eating enough, you are only going to damage your muscles. You need the proper caloric intake in order to support muscle growth. So by NOT eating that peanut butter, you are screwing up your workout Smile

Check out this book here:

http://www.amazon.com/Ironmans-Ultimate-Bodybuilding-Encyclopedia-Peter/dp/0809228114

Look for it at a library.

Bingo. (though I don't know anything about that book)

I usually picked a weight I could get 3-4 of, and stayed with that until I could get 10's. Repeat.
That's for the tearing part.

For the building part, I eat like a pig. Mostly lean meats, low carbs. My portions are big though, and I eat like 5-6 times a day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Anyone here work out or exercise?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com