BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wilkins

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:21 pm

MetLHed4GZus wrote:
Wilkins wrote:

I actually felt kinda dead and I saw a lot of "spiritual religiousity" while attending Pentecostal churches. If you are not speaking in tounges, you do not have the "holy spirit", which of course is a load of horse turd on bread, because in Galatians 3:2, it clearly states that you've received the Holy Spirit (which is the 3rd and equally important member of the Trinity, not a feeling nor existentianal experience) through Faith. Nowhere does it claim that speaking in tounges is a sign you have it. Just one of the bullcrap things I have witnessed and actually participated in back in my Pentecostal days.

Another thing: Quite contrary to believe around here, the "prosperity" Gospel did start in Pentecostal churches Wink Oh, which is another reason why I don't attend Pentecostal churches anymore. People like Osteen, Meyers, Hinn, Jakes etc are absolutely EVERYWHERE! I can't bear to see/hear/witness their absolute tripe.
I'm sorry but this is a complete misunderstanding of pentecostal doctrine

I have a quote

"if you need to sift through an olympic size swimming pool of faeces to just find one small nugget of gold, then you're insane. find another swimming pool, perferably the one that's made of gold".

or

"if you don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water, take the baby out of your old bath and put it in a new one".

Both are in relation to the amount of sifting of crap one needs to do to get something decent out of a modern pentecostal church. Oh, I do find it highly ironic that you are discrediting my 15 years of experience, calling me a liar, and the moment somebody does it against you, you jump on the backfoot, and pull the black flag and declare somebody is calling you a liar.

It is what I've experienced, it is what many people like me have experienced. It is why many people I used to see at pentecostal churches have left. It's just a Fecal Holocaust, mate. Not true religion, not true spirituality.

Even with your mindset of "experience is King", you can throw out my bad experiences mate. It is real, it is what happened to me mate. Many like myself.

God bless old school Christianity and true religion Smile
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Wilkins, I like your zeal.. but I'm afraid I really detest broad stroke generalising.

Your own personal experience is based on people who thought they were doing the right thing, but were misled or forgot who was in charge. Pretty sure we all do this at some point... so how about you pray, forgive.. move on and focus on now.

I have had many experiences also, I am also a bit older and bit more wary of things around me. I am not going to say all pentecostal churches are this and that, Joel Osteen is this or that... Do you know his heart? do not leave room for a man to change or be corrected? Do pray for him to see the ultimate truth and not be swayed by things that "seem ok"...

Come on! Have peoples backs! Yes speak out against false stuff, but pray man! Pray!!!!

We need to stop dividing and conquering...Just get on your knees and battle for them.

I would say my church is "pentecostal and charismatic"

We preach about many things... the prosperity we talk about is the abundance in Christ and God's blessings upon us... that could include financial, but its mainly just about being full tilt in all areas for Christ.

The true church is the body of believers getting together in God's name to worship and honour our Father in Heaven, learning and receiving and teaching the Word and Praising our Lord, Thanking Him.... etc etc etc

I'm sick of hearing people bash this and that, and thinking that their church or way is better... if your on fire for God and His will for your life.. that is something I think is awesome.

Just because you do something old school, does not make you better or more holy.

Atm things are being shaken up in this world and in the church... time to change foul old habits and do exactly what we are simply meant to do... Have faith-Practice faith, Show Christ and Build relationships.

Off you go, stop talking.. and do it... stop bashing and live it. Easy.
Back to top Go down
Wilkins

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:54 pm

I agree with you, Katie... But then again, I am not bashing them, I am merely sharing my experiences. If that is so bad, then realise that Church isn't perfect. I have just shared my experiences. I know people who are comfortable in a Pentecostal church, and that's fantastic. But all I am saying is this: I have had many expieriences (15 or so years infact) in it, and most of what I have expierenced is crap. That is how it is, you can't change that, you can't tell me that that's wrong or I need a new perspective. That is set in stone fact. That's what I faced, what I experienced and thats just how it is. Don't discredit that. Oh, and many I have met have experienced that too... You can't discredit their experiences either.
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

therockismighty

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Have I tried to?

No

What I was saying, is that yes, point out dodgy stuff, do not put up with false stuff.

But at the same time, they are not perfect and neither are we. Its easy to put rose colored glasses on looking at ourselves, but put perfectly clear ones on to look at everyone else.

Keep walking your walk and praying for those who aren't stepping in time with Lord how they really should be.

Thats my point... nothing to do with making your experiences less valid.
Back to top Go down
Wilkins

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Right, ok.... I was under the impression that you were going to a Metl on me. Completely devoiding me of my experiences, because simply he didn't agree with them. Apologies there, mate.

I agree with you again mate 100%. I'll just keep Pentecostals reminded that "religion" isn't necessarily a bad thing. 2 Thessalonians 2 and 3 states that tradition is actually a good thing Smile And at times, Pentecostalism can become its own counter-religious scene.

Just helping keep my bros and sisters in Christ in check Smile Not out of pride tho.
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

therockismighty

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:08 pm

For sure, I get that... we actually do have things that are deemed traditional in our services as well as other stuff... very open to correction and rebuking by God in our church... anyone is welcome... Smile

The way I mean things is impassioned, I do not wish to be better or discredit you or have an argument, my challenge is one of the heart and spirit, not an intellectual one... not into that.
Back to top Go down
Usvart Jorge

Usvart Jorge

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:25 am

Wilkins, are you sure that you didn't go to a Oneness Pent. church? That seems to be their doctrines.

The AoG is nothing like the Oneness church.
Back to top Go down
Wilkins

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:17 am

Usvart Jorge wrote:
Wilkins, are you sure that you didn't go to a Oneness Pent. church? That seems to be their doctrines.

The AoG is nothing like the Oneness church.

I attend an old school Baptist Church with many "Reformed" teachings etc. So indeed I am coming around to the whole TULIP thing, despite my slight disagreements :p

No, I attended an AoG/COC overt Pentecostal church, and their view on the Trinity was actually accurate.
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:13 am

I would like to point out, first of all, that no denomination or set of grouped churches is bereft of conflict and errancy. Since not everyone in a legitimate Christian denomination has been elected onto salvation, there will be carnal people amongst the flock as well as false teachers and even us, the saved, who frequently make mistakes and grieve the Holy Ghost.

I will first offer a slight word of rebuke to those who have attacked the biblical doctrine of predestination. You may disagree and shrug your shoulders (that's fine with me), but if you are going to counter it, you must provide a sound compendium of exegetical data (scriptures), following sound hermeneutical principles, in order to show that Calvinistic predestination is in fact, not true and inconsistent with the reality of God's revelation to mankind. Since I have never seen such a post, I will simply dismiss the comments as uninformed and ignorant, while attempting to be generous in character. Regarding this, I will now try to keep my mouth shut for today.

On to the topic at hand: The Assemblies of God cluster of churches is by no means as united as they claim to be, namely in the minor doctrinal sense, as it has been witnessed by many a people that from church to church and area to area, there are various minor disagreements, some that have turned a bit ugly. All Assemblies of God Churches are at least a little bit pentecostal, but not all pentecostals are assemblies of God. Likewise, not all AOG churches follow the typical Charismatic format (if there is such a thing) as defined by their basic culture.

A large area in my home country Panama has been controlled by the Assemblies of God, and I have witnessed the fact that throughout latin America, this is somewhat typical. I find the denomination as a whole (some churches more than others) as somewhat doctrinally lacking at best among the pastors and leaders, and somewhat heretical at worst, depending on how much a church or cluster of churches has been infiltrated by the ungodly and repulsive Word of Faith movement, which has nearly devastated the core of AOG, due to the lack of in depth theological training that many of its leaders possess (or do not possess.) This can be verified by the scant amount of scholars, theologians, and published authors who offer meaningful contributions to Christianity, of this particular denominations.

I encounter frequent errors and inconsistencies with much of AOG hermeneutics / exegesis of some texts, systematic theology, and scriptural interpretation, when speaking on non-essential issues. Also, the false dichotomy of letter vs. experience is all too common, and many brethren believe serious doctrinal study to be of less value than the subjective emotional experience, which sometimes borders on the absurd and scary, but which can be tolerated somewhat if one has a generous heart. This disrespect toward objectivity in understanding God's revelation has greatly hurt AOG. This is why I regularly recommend people to challenge heresy in AOG churches, as it is unacceptable that pastors and leaders trudge along the Christian path while believing the lies of false doctrine that have so devastated America and the world.

I personally am not fond of many pentecostal churches for the aforementioned reasons, and would not likely recommend them unless I knew for a fact that the church leaders were at least somewhat solid doctrinally. How can you lead a flock if you are doctrinally ignorant? You will make unspeakable mistakes! The fact that most of the people that I find reading aberrant heretical literature are at least a little pentecostal or a little charismatic alarms me, but I have seen very good fruit arise from many members of AOG churches, so please do not accuse me of going on a witch hunt.

One of the reasons why I am Reformed Baptist is that I believe that our systematic Theology and hermeneutical approach is much more air-tight and protective / honoring of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Christian life. Nevertheless, I urge pentecostals / charismatics / AOG, these fellow brethren, to develop a more positive attitude toward discerning the true from the false. Without doctrine and the guidance of the Holy Gost, we are unable to do this.

Likewise, it is frequent that AOG leaders are generally not especially gifted at discerning heresy and gross error, since the very Theological backbone of AOG is wrought with a sense of championing experience over objective doctrinal stability (even though their statement of belief may be Orthodox and objective in nature), thus causing instability when false teaching and questionable methodology infiltrates itself into AOG / pentecostal / charismatic churches.

All in all, many of my friends are AOG and I love them to death
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/panamaphil
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:37 pm

there is no such thing as someone who cant be saved because they werent elected. all the verses talking about the elect were reffering to 30 AD-70 AD and had to do with the jews who accepted christ. by saying this you are implying that on that day when all stand before christ that he will say "you accepted me, you followed my ways etc etc but sorry, you have to go to hell because i didnt elect you"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:38 pm

wizardovmetal wrote:
there is no such thing as someone who cant be saved because they werent elected. all the verses talking about the elect were reffering to 30 AD-70 AD and had to do with the jews who accepted christ. by saying this you are implying that on that day when all stand before christ that he will say "you accepted me, you followed my ways etc etc but sorry, you have to go to hell because i didnt elect you"

An argument as fatally disastrous as this deserves absolutely no comment from me. I will not debate this here. This is not a thread to speak of this subject.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:51 pm

FuneralOath wrote:
wizardovmetal wrote:

worst argument ever, sorry bro, but this is for another thread. I will not debate this here. Learn your Theology

Worst argument ever? Not really.

Why do some people cook their fish on high heat, and then it's like rubber? It's ridiculous. I think a low heat, fried in a skillet, checking to make sure it's flaky, is the way to go. It's nice and tender. Obviously it's not intentional when people make fried fish all nasty and tough, but some people still do it anyway!

....and those are my comments on the Assembly of God churches, religion.

See? THAT is the worst argument EVER.

EDIT: CRAP! You changed your post Funeral Oath! What do I do?
*thinks for a minute*

I'll tell you what I won't do... and that's fry my fish at a high heat.

Last edited by Hguols on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Yeah guys, Calvinism/Arminism has nothing to do with pentecostalism, so lets not debate it here
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:57 pm

MetLHed4GZus wrote:
Yeah guys, Calvinism/Arminism has nothing to do with pentecostalism, so lets not debate it here

*is beginning to get the impression Matt is trying to dodge the points raised against AoG/Pentecostal theology*
Back to top Go down
Wilkins

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:02 pm

MetLHed4GZus wrote:

DODGE DETECTED! Cool

Why is AoG thread in theology? I hardly call AoG Theological Wink

Just saying.

Oh, can Metl use scripture and actually back up AoG in here please???
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:08 pm

My patience is seriously being tested right now. I feel just like Martin Luther as he read Desiderius Erasmus' Diatribes, if any of you know what I am talking about. For the love of everything that is relaxing, good, and serene, let us limit our discussion to the denomination of the Assemblies of God! Is this too difficult?!
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:32 pm

ok I cooled down Smile.

Some points of contention that arise frequently between pentecostals and non (usually southern baptists and the reformed) are:

1. Whether or not the office of the prophet still exists. And if it doesn - when did it cease and for what reasons?

2. Wheter or not the office of the apostle still exists. " "
3. Whether or not biblical tongues or "spiritual tongues" glossolalia still exist.
4. Whether the gift of healing still exists
5. The issue of being "slain in the spirit," being "drunk" in the spirit, or going into "trances and losing control, seemingly, of your body."

I am a semi-cessationist. This means that I believe that the office of the prophet and the office of the apostle have no relevance or need today because the closing of the cannon has already happened, and no more biblical prophecy is needed, nor are we going to have the same authority as men like John the baptist and Paul had, that some in the AOG movement would like to think we have as believers.

I do not believe in the office of the faith healer, mostly because I have never met a genuine one, but I do believe God regularly heals people through prayer both physically and emotionally. I highly doubt that biblical tongues and glossolalia are real today, but I will not totally dismiss it because I do not have all the answers.

Lastly, I believe that being slain, drunk, tranced, etc. etc. etc. is a work of the flesh and sometimes demonic.
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

therockismighty

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:43 am

Ah...

Yep...

Hmmm

What to say.

At the moment, I go to a fortnightly study... we basically have worship time... to break thru all the focus on self and stuff in life that distracts us... just to unite as a church and give praise to God... speak out and prophecy over the area we live in, pray for our region- which is a very dark and depressed area.... things are stirring and happening... So for you to say that this doesn't happen anymore, baffles me.

No I do not go to an AOG, I am not saying what type.

If this is not of God, I am more than happy for any Godly correction, maybe its all mere coincidence and all the wise well learned people, pastors who are around me and that I fellowship with are not so bright? nah, don't think so.

You do not know what God is going to do- It is His plans and will to put in place, not what we "think might happen", He has not shut off anything. All things are possible, who cares what time we are living in, God hasn't stopped existing, neither has His Word and His promises.

Sorry Phil, I don't agree mate, no offence to you.

I am experiencing a different thing in my country, people of faith are rising up and getting on the front foot for God, changes are happening, people are being prepared..although I do agree many trials are happening, many churches are sick, many people are turning away... but many people are hungry and thirsty... for knowledge of who they are, we are getting new believers of all ages being saved.... and wanting answers.

I do believe people misuse and distort things such as praying in tongues and other things... and then it becomes more of a "natural" power of man or placebo effect... not really of God at all.

I have witnessed in the last 2 weeks a woman get healed of a 10 year allergy to many food products, she was a level 5? and now has eaten some things with MSG and other stuff... no anaphlatic(sp.) anything... so yes I am not one to go on about such things and be idiotic... she had faith and we all had faith, put that together, God answers in His way.

Speaking in tongues- I do not do this myself, I believe it is a form of prayer and communication with Christ... if it is done up front it must be able to be interpreted or do not do it at all, I also do not think you have to speak in tongues to pray effectively- my church also believes this.
Being slain in the spirit, yes sometimes its not legit...... i do not see this as " you must fall over" when someone prays for you.. .I never have but I have been stirred in the spirit.... much prefer that.

If you are thinking in the natural, of course most things seem demonic and crazy, but hey, God works beyond our limited mind... beyond the natural man whose logic sometimes creates more confusion than necessary.
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:19 am

therockismighty wrote:
Ah...

Yep...

Hmmm

What to say.

At the moment, I go to a fortnightly study... we basically have worship time... to break thru all the focus on self and stuff in life that distracts us... just to unite as a church and give praise to God... speak out and prophecy over the area we live in, pray for our region- which is a very dark and depressed area.... things are stirring and happening... So for you to say that this doesn't happen anymore, baffles me.

No I do not go to an AOG, I am not saying what type.

If this is not of God, I am more than happy for any Godly correction, maybe its all mere coincidence and all the wise well learned people, pastors who are around me and that I fellowship with are not so bright? nah, don't think so.

You do not know what God is going to do- It is His plans and will to put in place, not what we "think might happen", He has not shut off anything. All things are possible, who cares what time we are living in, God hasn't stopped existing, neither has His Word and His promises.

Sorry Phil, I don't agree mate, no offence to you.

I am experiencing a different thing in my country, people of faith are rising up and getting on the front foot for God, changes are happening, people are being prepared..although I do agree many trials are happening, many churches are sick, many people are turning away... but many people are hungry and thirsty... for knowledge of who they are, we are getting new believers of all ages being saved.... and wanting answers.

I do believe people misuse and distort things such as praying in tongues and other things... and then it becomes more of a "natural" power of man or placebo effect... not really of God at all.

I have witnessed in the last 2 weeks a woman get healed of a 10 year allergy to many food products, she was a level 5? and now has eaten some things with MSG and other stuff... no anaphlatic(sp.) anything... so yes I am not one to go on about such things and be idiotic... she had faith and we all had faith, put that together, God answers in His way.

Speaking in tongues- I do not do this myself, I believe it is a form of prayer and communication with Christ... if it is done up front it must be able to be interpreted or do not do it at all, I also do not think you have to speak in tongues to pray effectively- my church also believes this.
Being slain in the spirit, yes sometimes its not legit...... i do not see this as " you must fall over" when someone prays for you.. .I never have but I have been stirred in the spirit.... much prefer that.

If you are thinking in the natural, of course most things seem demonic and crazy, but hey, God works beyond our limited mind... beyond the natural man whose logic sometimes creates more confusion than necessary.

Katie, my dear friend, it seems that there is a misunderstanding of our terms. Maybe I could have provided a better definition of the word "prophecy." In actuality, every time a commissioned person goes in the pulpit and expounds on the Word of the Lord guided by the power of the Holy Ghost, they are in fact, prophecying (with a small "P"). But in the other sense, Prophecy (with a big "P") is a person receiving a word from the Lord to utter concerning present circumstances and also future circumstances. All I believe are valid today. What I do not believe is valid is the office of the Prophet, kind of like a self appointed Prophet who likens his or herself to the Prophets of the Old and New Testaments. These had their function and that was to close the canon of scripture.
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

therockismighty

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:22 am

Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Sword_lg

Sword fight!

with my Benny Hinn letter opener, raaaaaaaawr!
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:25 am

therockismighty wrote:
Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Sword_lg

Sword fight!

with my Benny Hinn letter opener, raaaaaaaawr!

lol
Back to top Go down
FireProphet

FireProphet

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:20 am

Dag, I missed a lot here. Buncha haters. Except Katie. Marry me.
And Phil I guess. You don't marry me, though. I'm just saying, you're nicely level headed when discussing this kind of stuff.

FuneralOath wrote:
What I do not believe is valid is the office of the Prophet, kind of like a self appointed Prophet who likens his or herself to the Prophets of the Old and New Testaments. These had their function and that was to close the canon of scripture.
Hey!!!! They teach this at my AoG church, too! You heretics!!
Back to top Go down
Death over Life

Death over Life

Number of posts : 632
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:52 am

wizardovmetal wrote:
Usvart Jorge wrote:
I believe in predestination and other things...

I also think that Jesus drank real wine, but that he did so with moderation as was God's plan for all of mankind. But that doesn't really matter.

if i understand predestination correctly, then i firmly stand against the idea

i also beleive there is nothing wrong with drinking in moderation, this means not getting drunk and being responsible and not making a habit out of it, although i personally chose not to drink ever. one thing pentecostals beleive in is that women should wear dresses and have hair down to their back and men should have short hair and wear pants etc. while there is absolutley nothing wrong with this idea, i do not beleive women and men need to be doing these things, paul originially was saying these things because of the crazy cross-dressing, bisexual, homo-sexual, behaviors of the newly converted pagans, i do beleive that men need to dress and look masculine and women need to be feminine, but what defines those two things has nothing to do with dresses and hair at all, unless men are doing things like putting on makeup and intentionally looking like women or women are doing vice-versa.

Kind of like Stryper and the Glam Metal genre? I wonder about that sometimes, because I've seen the Scriptures where Paul condemns, yet I turn around and see Stryper used to doing that with their Glam Metal.

Wilkins wrote:

I have a quote

"if you need to sift through an olympic size swimming pool of faeces to just find one small nugget of gold, then you're insane. find another swimming pool, perferably the one that's made of gold".

or

"if you don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water, take the baby out of your old bath and put it in a new one".

Both are in relation to the amount of sifting of crap one needs to do to get something decent out of a modern pentecostal church. Oh, I do find it highly ironic that you are discrediting my 15 years of experience, calling me a liar, and the moment somebody does it against you, you jump on the backfoot, and pull the black flag and declare somebody is calling you a liar.

It is what I've experienced, it is what many people like me have experienced. It is why many people I used to see at pentecostal churches have left. It's just a Fecal Holocaust, mate. Not true religion, not true spirituality.

Even with your mindset of "experience is King", you can throw out my bad experiences mate. It is real, it is what happened to me mate. Many like myself.

God bless old school Christianity and true religion Smile

I honestly believe your post and especially the 1st quote perfectly describes Christianity, not just AoG/Pentacoastals.

I like your 1st quote because I literally sifted through bs for ½ my life and now I’m out of the pool of feces.

therockismighty wrote:

Just because you do something old school, does not make you better or more holy.

Atm things are being shaken up in this world and in the church... time to change foul old habits and do exactly what we are simply meant to do... Have faith-Practice faith, Show Christ and Build relationships.

Off you go, stop talking.. and do it... stop bashing and live it. Easy.

No, but because Christianity excuses Truth for Tradition, You have no right to speak on that 1st line. Now, do I also have a right to speak with that? No, but I’m expressing why my change has come about and the reasons for it.

Yep. I have "seen Christ" so abundantly in Christians, that I see this crap is a lie.

Wilkins wrote:
Right, ok.... I was under the impression that you were going to a Metl on me. Completely devoiding me of my experiences, because simply he didn't agree with them. Apologies there, mate.

What do you expect? That is the typical Christian attitude God indoctrinates into His' followers.

Since we are talking about Metl, I agree with you. I still remember speaking with him about the after-life and because it wasn't what he was pre-indoctrinated with, he simply scoffed at it, then went back to what he originally believed instead of really researching it. Oh well. Typical Christian attitude.

The majority really don't care about the heavy amounts of blood they are going to have on their hands and from whom the blood belongs to. Being very satisfied regardless of how much blood they've shed and how many people’s blood they are going to have. Makes me think Christians are Khorne worshippers instead of Christ worshippers.

FireProphet wrote:
Dag, I missed a lot here. Buncha haters. Except Katie. Marry me.
And Phil I guess. You don't marry me, though. I'm just saying, you're nicely level headed when discussing this kind of stuff.

Agreed!

By the end of the night though, since this is on AoG/Pentacostals, this is my view of them if I can’t speak of the rest of the denominations either. Just replace Christian with said words.
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

therockismighty

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:52 am

Hey death, swap lives for a week? Wink

Might see what I am saying a bit differently then, I would love it if you could come and hang with me and other Christian friends... your life would change, in a non cult like way, how rad.

I am ok with you saying what I said is crap or whatever, thats your opinion, thats cool.

We all have experiences that shape our views, our lives, how we perceive others, what we take in, what we let color our world etc etc amen.

I have experienced UTTER disgustingness from fellow "believers", had false teaching and just heaps of messed up stuff.

I was also a very messed up lady for quite awhile, I said and did things that hurt and affected people.....

But should this affect every facet of my life still? or should I pray, seek, study.... until I forgive, gain wisdom, gain more compassion and keep forging ahead.

Now this is my view on how I see my walk with Christ, don't care if you agree... you don't have to... It is a continuously growing and changing thing.... I believe that the Living Word of God is enough and that He does prompt and impart things to certain people to speak to us.
They have the choice to credit and back up with scriptures or stuff it up... both happens...

I am free from depression, most of my carnal temptations are quite rare... I am growing in the understanding of who I am and what this life is about... so, to say what I am saying is crap or a lie, when it is real and true for me, is really not kind is it?

I am accountable for whatever I do or do not do, what I say and do not say... be chill.

I love my life, I love God and His Son, I do not have any hate towards God... In fact I never have, I have been disappointed with Him not meeting my time constraints or demands to answer prayer, or not preventing people from doing horrible things-even though they had free will to decide their behaviour-... but my faith has never left my little head and heart....I want to do what I am meant to be doing for Him... and am open to any correction needed to be done.

You cannot talk to me in person, you cannot see how I go about my daily life... to weigh up " is she really living for God or just full of wishy washy pentecostal air"

Its easy to make a view based on this wall of text, but its easier said in person, which I cannot do.

I am not like a lot of people... I don't play games and I say it how it is... isn't that how we should be? Or am I mistaken.

I love all of you on here, I truely do care about you guys, thats why I stick around online even though I kinda have a secret hatred of technology... hahahahaha.. ah hem, The end.
Back to top Go down
vaterflaumig

vaterflaumig

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:50 am

Off topic.....but now whenever I think about pentecostals, I think of that family guy clip that Hguols posted.

Pretty funny man....gotta say.

(No offense to pentecostals included)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals   Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Assemblies of God/ Pentecostals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Theology-
Forum free | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com