BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Been getting into the radio a bit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Been getting into the radio a bit Vide
PostSubject: Been getting into the radio a bit   Been getting into the radio a bit Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:28 am

while I've been in Sydney. My Uncle has high speed broadband, so I've been tuning into the radio when he's not at home.

I've not been on during any of the programs, just the random player. Really liking the selcetion, lots of Aussie tunes. Heard a lot of Virgin Black, Paramaecium (two in the last hour), Templar, Martyr's Shrine as well as some geat classic metal. Needs more Grave Forsaken, but it's really nice o have this playing in the background.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
Necromanicide

Necromanicide

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Been getting into the radio a bit   Been getting into the radio a bit Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:49 am

IronGuardian wrote:
while I've been in Sydney. My Uncle has high speed broadband, so I've been tuning into the radio when he's not at home.

cheers

IronGuardian wrote:
just the random player. Really liking the selcetion, lots of Aussie tunes.

Hmmm... I wonder why that would be...

IronGuardian wrote:
Needs more Grave Forsaken

Keep listening... This Day Forth, Horror And Sadness, Holy Blood, No Eye Has Seen, and No News Aint Good News are in the current selection.

- Necromanicide
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/necromanicide
Necromanicide

Necromanicide

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Been getting into the radio a bit   Been getting into the radio a bit Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:45 am

If anyone is interested, this is just a quick note to let you know that I have just done another total refresh of the BJR Random Player music selection.

The tracks from several compliation albums remain the same, but virtually all tracks by other bands have been changed, and there have also been some new bands added.

Listen out for tracks from Cephalaphore, Hguols, Divine Symphony, Dark Lay Still, Forsaken, the NEW Babylon Mystery Orchestra album, Last Battle, Destroyer Of Lie, Static Fuse, and more.

More new tracks will be added as my latest orders / pre-orders come in. This includes Elgibbor, Malchus, Broken Flesh, Dead Moons Grey, Grave Forsaken, and more.

All up, about 90% of the songs on the Random Player selection have been changed.

Enjoy!

- Necromanicide
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/necromanicide
Garrison4JC

Garrison4JC

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Been getting into the radio a bit   Been getting into the radio a bit Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:03 am

It was good before...but it is great now! I know that several other people have commented that they enjoy listening to random far more now than when they first tuned in.

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garrison4jc
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Been getting into the radio a bit   Been getting into the radio a bit Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:15 pm

i would listen to it more often if it werent for the fact the sound q is so terrible it just ruins the listening experience, especially when played over my 7.1 system, i can hear every little compression artifact on it, i dont mean to be a hard head when it comes to BJR, but i will probably not be tuning in anymore unless the bitrate meets or exceeds 160kbps or the codec changes from MP3 to AAC.

all the music i listen to is run through a Dolby Pro Logic IIx matrix decoder to extract surround information so i can listen to music in surround sound, problem with this is all the compression artifacts end up hitting the surrounds and all i hear is 90% "twinkling" through them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Been getting into the radio a bit   Been getting into the radio a bit Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:19 pm

just listen it out of a regular speaker Rolling Eyes

radio isn't meant to be listen in fancy audiophile environment Razz Be old school!
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
Garrison4JC

Garrison4JC

PostSubject: Re: Been getting into the radio a bit   Been getting into the radio a bit Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:21 pm

You will be hard pressed to find any station broadcasting at anything higher than 128 kbps MP3 (as far as internet radio is concerned). All of our "Live" shows are 128 kbps MP3.

Necromanicide runs random at 96 kbps due to streaming restraints placed on him by his ISP (I believe?). However, even that is satisfactory for playing over a PC, Gaming Console or other Mobile Devices.

Playing the station through a high quality audio system is not going to have the same qaulity as HD Radio, CD or other "lossless" sources. There is actually little that can be done to improve our sound in your case, barring us going HD (which costs WAY more than we can afford as a non-commercial station).

There is additionally the issue that a good number of the bands we play are independent artists without the ability to produce a brilliant sounding recording (when compared to the bigger label signed bands) in the first place. Thus...you also have that to consider.

I apologize that you experience wasn't to your standards. Perhaps someday we will have the oportunity to improve.
Back to top Go down
FireProphet

FireProphet

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Been getting into the radio a bit   Been getting into the radio a bit Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:51 pm

wizardovmetal wrote:
all the music i listen to is run through a Dolby Pro Logic IIx matrix decoder to extract surround information so i can listen to music in surround sound, problem with this is all the compression artifacts end up hitting the surrounds and all i hear is 90% "twinkling" through them.
Sucks to be you.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Been getting into the radio a bit   Been getting into the radio a bit Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:05 pm

wasnt talking about HD or CD quality, although using winamp you can broadcast in a format known as AAC which gives exceptionally good sound at 128kbps
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Garrison4JC

Garrison4JC

PostSubject: Re: Been getting into the radio a bit   Been getting into the radio a bit Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Running any internet radio stream at 128 kbps (MP3 or AAC) is not going to be without artifact when played over a high quality audio system...at least...not to an audiophile who is actively listening for it.

Yes, I agree that AAC does have a noticable improvement over MP3. However, it really is not something the general audience would notice via PC, Console Gaming System or Mobile Device.

I also stream it through my HD system at times and notice that random sounds a little "muffled" and "artifact ridden". However, this station was not intended to be piped through a high dollar system. Heh! Now...going through my Wii, Blackberry, PSP or PC the station sounds just fine. /shrug

Yes, I would LOVE to see us go HD and even go Satalite someday! However, that is an extremely difficult thing to do for non-commerical stations such as we are. We would need HUGE financial support to pull it off.

I am not trying to be a jerk, just being honest about why things are as they are. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been getting into the radio a bit   Been getting into the radio a bit Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Been getting into the radio a bit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Affiliates :: Blabberjesus (News, Radio, Download, Music Vault) :: Untombed Radio-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com