BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Struggling with loneliness.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Struggling with loneliness..... Vide
PostSubject: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:00 am

Ah I spent some time in silent reflection today, something that is rare as I continually have noise most times...

and I realised that I am indeed incredibly lonely..... I do have friends for sure.... it seems I have had a run of being the encourager and being there for a few people.... but not having my own tank filled up... No I am not a woe is me matyr, I do it cos I can and care. My main friends live a couple hours away and another interstate. I know heaps of people where I live, it seems I am on the different page and jumping ahead in deepness and God growth that no one really wants to jam with that.... and that kinda hurts.

I am a confident, happy, jokey, smiley and encouraging person.. other times quiet and observing..... at times I actually crave people to ask stuff about me and whats up, they do a bit for sure... but Katie is tired of shallow no where friendships Sleep its great to know people care... but a text message aint cutting it 😉

Prayer for some more people to come into my life who aren't extremely busy, messed up or selfish would be rad.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:10 am

I'm right there with you, bro. I live in a tiny town where I'm the only bona-fide nerd, and also the only real fan of Christian extreme metal (or metal beyond Stryper & Whitecross in my age-range), and it's difficult. My suggestion would be to latch on to someone in church or possibly your pastor. Get to know them & find friendship with them on some common ground. I have zero in common w/ most of the folks my age, but have found great, lasting friendships with people in my church who are my parents' age. Weird as that sounds, we have at least 3 couples my wife and I are good friends with who are an encouragement to us, and who we have tried to be an encouragement to.
Back to top Go down
http://metalfroreview.blogspot.com
therockismighty

therockismighty

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:43 am

Bro, no.... chick, girl...yes Cool
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:56 am

Will be praying for ya, Katie.
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:44 am

Move to Perth. That is my advice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:51 am

therockismighty wrote:
HUZZAH FOR GIRLS!!! Grim Banger I feel the same way katie...Either im too far ahead of everybody or too far behind.....BOO. lol But one thing u can always count on.... THE BLABBERBOARD FAMILY OF PEOPLE WHO PICK ON YOU AND MAKE YOU FEEL REALLY FREEKIN AWESOME!!!!! Me being at the top of the list. afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
Kan-o-sushi

Kan-o-sushi

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:23 pm

Just said a prayer for you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eclipsingblack
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:06 pm

I often feel the same.

I'll be praying for you.
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:41 pm

I feel the same way too. Like the other guy said, this is where he can talk to people about christian extreme metal. Will pray for you.
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

therockismighty

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:19 am

thanks guys, appreciate it... no moving yet, one day soon for sure.. I love moving around and travelling, why stay in one place forever.. boring!
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:14 pm

I have a similar problem, you're not alone. I'll be praying
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/panamaphil
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:40 am

therockismighty wrote:

LOL, sorry Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://metalfroreview.blogspot.com
therockismighty

therockismighty

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:30 pm

hehe its ok, its not like you can tell easy on here... I'll change my profile so people can haha.

Doing a little better, miss a couple close friends HEAPSSSS, but family and a couple friends here have been good.

God purposes things in my life for a reason, so I concentrate on something I should or He highlights something I must work on.

Don't like it...... but must be done.
Back to top Go down
eternalmystery

eternalmystery

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:21 pm

Katie needs to move from Aussie-land and come to the USA.

Please Katie, come join the dark side. Twisted Evil

ROFL

I'm praying too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eternalmystery.co.nr
NorthernAsh

NorthernAsh

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:32 pm

therockismighty wrote:
Ah I spent some time in silent reflection today, something that is rare as I continually have noise most times...

and I realised that I am indeed incredibly lonely..... I do have friends for sure.... it seems I have had a run of being the encourager and being there for a few people.... but not having my own tank filled up... No I am not a woe is me matyr, I do it cos I can and care. My main friends live a couple hours away and another interstate. I know heaps of people where I live, it seems I am on the different page and jumping ahead in deepness and God growth that no one really wants to jam with that.... and that kinda hurts.

I am a confident, happy, jokey, smiley and encouraging person.. other times quiet and observing..... at times I actually crave people to ask stuff about me and whats up, they do a bit for sure... but Katie is tired of shallow no where friendships Sleep its great to know people care... but a text message aint cutting it 😉

Prayer for some more people to come into my life who aren't extremely busy, messed up or selfish would be rad.

If it wasn't for that last line, I'd have thought this was a personal ad Smile just kidding....

Major cure for lonliness.....

God
then after that
hobbies and lots of them.

I cured myself of being miserable and friendless [not to mention i was quite homeless at the time..cause group homes really aren't a "home"] way for a good five long years in the early 90's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/northash
therockismighty

therockismighty

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:36 am

Good on ya northern Wink

Broc, I'll visit one day, but my family would literally hunt me down and drag me back if I moved overseas, they nearly died when I lived interstate for a year ROFL

I am not friendless... I have more friends than I ever used to, I was and still am just going through a period where some of them are very unfulfilling ones.

I do have lots of hobbies, guitar, writing and reading are my main ones.... I also am studying part time... so I have things to do.
Its just having people in your life a bit more who fill you up not just take away or you always have to initiate things... I am quite sick of doing this constantly for some people.... I stopped doing it to one friend... Haven't heard from her for 5 months.
Back to top Go down
bee_rad

bee_rad

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:17 am

Compared to me, you have it made...haha. I only have a few friends I'd call "close", and none of them are Christian, so it's kinda hard to relate or talk about issues of faith...I'm trying to connect with people at my church, but no lasting friendships have been made. Just acquaintences...hopefully that will change.

I have a job and I go to school, but it would be nice to have people to relate to and talk about the deeper things in life...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Struggling with loneliness.....   Struggling with loneliness..... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Struggling with loneliness.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Prayer Request & Praises-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com