BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark

Mark

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Vide
PostSubject: Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)   Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:42 pm

As you know, there is precious little Christian folk metal, let alone Christian folk/black metal.
Let's help solve this problem. afro
I can handle all vocals, clean and harsh.
Instruments needed:

Vocals (I'm on it)
Guitar
Bass
Drums (Jim of Holy Night Clothing has joined on drums. afro)
Keyboards (For folk instruments and symphonic sounds)

I can write lyrics and do vocals. I probably wouldn't be of much help for the actual song writing part, though I could come up with some stuff now and then.

This is the sound I want us to go for:

Metal songs (IE our main sound):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnrxPtSTyWw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smsr-piugD0

Acoustic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhy6PULnfWA

In other words, a Christian Temnozor clone. Laughing

Last edited by Mark on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Vide
PostSubject: Re: Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)   Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Drums please Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)   Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Welcome! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)   Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:58 pm

Send me your email addy dude, so i can send u some of my drumming Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Celtic_Christian

Celtic_Christian

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)   Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:20 pm

Sounds like a great idea and I agree, there needs to be ore Christian folk metal. I really like the band, Holy Blood so it would be good to see more bands like that in the Christian music world. I don't know if you entertained the idea, but having a violin in the band sure would sound good. I think of bands like Venia, Elvenking, Galloglass, and Eluveitie. In my opinion, the violin adds something more to metal. Not all forms of course. Wink Just a thought.

God's peace.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)   Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:30 pm

I take it you want to do violin for this project? Very Happy
I'm fine with that, we can do that.

Remember, this isn't a Eluveitie or Holy Blood type folk metal band, this is a raw, early Temnozor style folk/black band.
Back to top Go down
Celtic_Christian

Celtic_Christian

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)   Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:49 pm

Mark wrote:
I take it you want to do violin for this project? Very Happy
I'm fine with that, we can do that.

Remember, this isn't a Eluveitie or Holy Blood type folk metal band, this is a raw, early Temnozor style folk/black band.

Oh, honestly, I don't know how to play the violin. If I did I would so be onboard. I was making a suggestion that it would sound good in the music. Wink I used to play the drums, but it's been awhile.

I do look forward to hearing what comes from this. Praying that all comes together for you.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)   Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:21 pm

Smile
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)   Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:17 pm

ATTENTION: Unfortunately things have come up and I can't do this band. Will a mod please lock this thread?
Back to top Go down
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)   Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Are you sure? you can leave it unlocked if you plan to resurrect it in future.
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)   Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:50 pm

I suppose you have a point, leave it unlocked, in the unlikely event I decide to resurrect it.
Back to top Go down
FireProphet

FireProphet

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)   Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:01 pm

Lock it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)   Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Vocalist seeking band to do Christian folk/unblack project over the internet (for fun)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Music Discussion :: Musicians Lair-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com