BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Saint John the Baptist, Baptism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vigilance Saints Arise

Vigilance Saints Arise

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:04 am

Adult and Infant Baptism:
With the parents of the new born, and the God Parents of the Child,
the Child's Baptism is witnessed by the entire Sunday Mass congregation.
We had three babys baptized last Sunday. Everyone renewed their
Baptismal Promises: Do you love Jesus Christ the Savior of God?
Do you reject Satan and all his pomps and works, and his death and false
promises? Do you love God and all the Angels and Saints? Do you bleieve
in One Holy Catholic and Apostalic Church?
The children were consecrated to God as was Jesus was when he was born.
Recall the presentation of the infant Christ in the temple. Luke: 2, 22...
Vigilance Saints Arise
Back to top Go down
hallowedbethyname

hallowedbethyname

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:03 am

This is what I believe, from The Holy Bible: And I must stress that I do not challange anyone's faith or belief, I have respect and admiration for all !

Infant "baptism" is never mentioned in The Holy Bible. Baptism is, a Believers baptism. The fact is, infants brains are not yet developed to that kind of understanding. It is called Infant, or Baby DEDICATION. In other words, it is a parents decision to have thier babies dedicated to the Lord, and it is a joyful experience. Parents are publically announcing that in thier homes, God and Jesus rule over thier house, and they publically announce that the childs up bringing will center around Christ Jesus teaching.

I want to encourage everyone who has accepted Christ Jesus as thier Savior, to be Baptized. You should think about Baptism, and when you are ready to to so, please do, and accept the Holy Spirit into your Christian life.

Blessings, and May God fill your day, with his great Love !
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:26 am

^^ Well said!
Back to top Go down
http://metalfroreview.blogspot.com
Vigilance Saints Arise

Vigilance Saints Arise

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:12 pm

When Saint John the Baptist says "Eat the Bug!" You eat the bug.
This phrase is not in the Bible. I made it up. Yet the Desert Fathers
ate just about anything to stay alive. Traditions, the Infant presentation
to God in the Temple: After baby Jesus was dedicated to God and
named Savior, His family, community rejoyced. The Priest was a man
of God who blessed the Child "Now Lord God you can release you Servant in
peace. For, I declare and decree that this Child is Jesus the Messiah
the Son of the Living God."

And you Woman "Mother Mary" a sword of sorrow will pierce your heart
that the thoughts of many may be lade bear." The passion and crucifixion.
And Mary ponderd all these things in her heart. John the Baptist didn't
start baptising until 30 years later. Jesus steps forward to be consecrated
to God. John "It is I who should be baptized by You. Yet you come to me?"
Christ "It must be so that all righteousness will be fulfilled." God's Voice came
from Heaven "This is My Beloved Son with whom I am well pleased!"

Adults and Young Adults in the Cathoilic Church recieve the Sacrament of Confirmation.
As the Holy Spirit rests apon us! And we are called forth to witness to the community,
even to the ends of the Earth. As Pope John Paul 2 did and at World Youth Day.

There was a strong driving wind, and it filled the place where Mary and the Apostles were.
Tongues of fire came to rest apon them, and they made "Bold Proclamations" as the
Spirit moved them.

Adults and Babys are Baptized in the Church as Catholic Christians. All denominations love Jesus in their own worship and gatherings, as The Cornerstone Festival is filled with the Baptized Sons and Daughters of God! There were a Million Souls at World Youth Day. Vigilance Saints Arise!
Back to top Go down
hallowedbethyname

hallowedbethyname

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Hello my friend, God be with you always !

"Traditions, the Infant presentation to God in the Temple: After baby Jesus was dedicated to God and named Savior, His family, community rejoyced."

I have read that John the Baptist, baptized people for the repentance and forgiveness of thier sins, as explained by God in Mark 1:4

And verse 7 explains, "After me will come one who is more powerful than I, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and unite. Verse 8 - I baptise you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit"

The belivers Baptism, a choice of the beliver in Christ Jesus, incorporates the Holy Spirit into one's life.
the Holy Spirit came to convict the world, and as believing Christians under God's cloud of Grace, the Holy Spirit is the one who puts the "road-blocks" in our daily walk with Christ Jesus, and convicts our souls not to sin.

The Lord's blessing upon you, and your family, my friend !
Back to top Go down
bee_rad

bee_rad

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:50 pm

One receives the Holy Spirit upon accepting Christ into their lives, not during the act of baptism.

Baptism by immersion demonstrates our response to God's offer of salvation as a pledge of willingness to live for Him. It is an outward representation of the inner process of regeneration. When one is baptised, it is understood that the believer has already received their salvation and is now talking the next step of faith by being baptised in water.
Back to top Go down
Kan-o-sushi

Kan-o-sushi

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:13 pm

hallowedbethyname wrote:

I have read that John the Baptist, baptized people for the repentance and forgiveness of thier sins, as explained by God in Mark 1:4

And verse 7 explains, "After me will come one who is more powerful than I, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and unite. Verse 8 - I baptise you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit"

The belivers Baptism, a choice of the beliver in Christ Jesus, incorporates the Holy Spirit into one's life.

bee_rad wrote:
One receives the Holy Spirit upon accepting Christ into their lives, not during the act of baptism.

Bee_rad, if I'm correct in attributing your response to his post, and if I'm correct in reading his post, I think that is what he is saying Smile
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eclipsingblack
bee_rad

bee_rad

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:57 pm

Well he did say, "baptism...incorporates the Holy Spirit into one's life." And earlier:

hallowedbethyname wrote:
You should think about Baptism, and when you are ready to to so, please do, and accept the Holy Spirit into your Christian life.

The way these are worded, makes it sound as if he was saying that one receives the Holy Spirit during baptism. We are justified by faith, not by faith + works. Good works come from faith, however the Bible is clear that we are justified (saved) by our faith alone.

Sorry if I'm reading your posts wrong, it's an issue I feel strongly about, as I had a bad experience with the Church of Christ, who told me I wasn't saved because I was baptised too soon in my life (I was 11 when I decided to be baptised). They believe you are not saved until you go through the physical act of baptism.

Baptism is a great thing, and all Christians should be baptised sometime in their life, as Jesus instructs. However, to say you are not saved until you've been baptised is not a Biblical Christian teaching.
Back to top Go down
Kan-o-sushi

Kan-o-sushi

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:25 pm

Oh, I see. I missed that he said that earlier.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eclipsingblack
hallowedbethyname

hallowedbethyname

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:13 am

Baptism is not Salvation.

Salvation is accepting Christ Jesus into your heart, giving your life to him , and asking him to take charge over your life. That you believe that God sent his only son, to die for your sins on the cross, confessing that you are a sinner, and that God raised him from death, is by Faith in Jesus Christ, and when you commit yourself to Jesus, you are saved.

Here, Romans 10; 9 - 10 explains it very clearly, in God's words (not mine)
"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved"

Nowhere, does the Bible say, you are saved by Baptism, neither did I.

Baptism:

In the Gospels - Matthew, accounts these events this way
Capter 3, verse 13 - 17
"Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. But John tried to deter him saying"I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?" Jesus replied, "Let it be so now, it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all rightousness" As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up from the water. At that moment Heaven was opened, and he (Jesus) saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from Heaven said, "This is my son, whom I love, with him I am well pleased"

From what I read in the scriptures, the Spirit of God descended to Christ Jesus, when he rose from the water (Baptism)

Jesus was dedicated as an infant, by his Mother Mary, and Father Joseph, as my friend VSR has stated previously.

Jesus was baptised at the age of 30, and immeadeatly after coming up from the water (of baptism) the Spirit of God came upon him.

"However, to say you are not saved until you've been baptised is not a Biblical Christian teaching." Those were not my words, they were yours.

I have shared with you, the words of the Holy Bible, the truth
the never changing word, in an ever changing world.
Back to top Go down
bee_rad

bee_rad

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:44 am

I got you. All you needed to say was, "I did not mean to say that one is saved through baptism". I am sorry that I read your words wrong. It really seemed you were saying something entirely different than what you really meant. But now I know what you mean, so that clears it up.

Thanks for the explanation, I'm sure someone will take something from it.

Clearly if you are saved, the Holy Spirit is always with you, so in this way, the Holy Spirit is with a believer during baptism.
Back to top Go down
Vigilance Saints Arise

Vigilance Saints Arise

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:50 am

Kan-o-sushi wrote:
hallowedbethyname wrote:

bee_rad wrote:

Bee_rad, if I'm correct in attributing your response to his post, and if I'm correct in reading his post, I think that is what he is saying Smile

If so, one could say that the innocent new born has the Holy Spirit
within at conception. The very breathe of life itself pure and Holy.
Yet, this privilege "Immaculte Conception" is applied to one creature
Mary concieved without original sin. Angel: "Hail Mary full of Grace the Lord is with thee!" We also are baptized as all
Christians, In the name of the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the
Holy Spirit. Christian Denominations regardless of customs, all have
Valid Baptism. All are Brothers and Sisters in Christ. But why the
public ceremony, when one could baptize ones own child or friend
privately? Why attend Cornerstone when one can hear the CD at home?
Back to top Go down
hallowedbethyname

hallowedbethyname

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:24 am

no worries bee rad, my apologies if I was not clear in my wording.

When I saw this post, it just reached out and grabbed me, because two of my friends were just baptized recently in my home church. While these men were getting baptized, both of thier wives were accepting Jesus as thier Savior! As Norm, the vocalist in Faith Factor, my wife Ann Marie and I just stood in awe of watching the hand of our Lord at work. It was an amazing feeling for all involved, including the pastors from our church.

Like you bee rad , I first attended church at the age of 5, accepted Christ at the age of 11, and was baptized at the age of 13. Sorry to hear of your bad sxperience with that church, telling you that you were too young to be baptized as a believer.

God's blessings to you always,

Blaine
Back to top Go down
bee_rad

bee_rad

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:26 pm

Thanks Blaine, and praise God for the people who came to Christ and the baptisms! That's awesome.

Actually though, it wasn't the church I was baptised in that told me I was too young. The church I was baptised in was the church I grew up in and I have no problems with it at all.

The church I was referring to that told me my baptism was done at too young an age was the Church of Christ which I encountered and attended briefly last year. They are the ones who believe one is saved only after being baptised, and also that you have to be an adult (as in 18+) to be baptised. Thankfully, I don't attend that church anymore.

God bless you too!

Brad
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Shouldn't have to wait to be an adult, but I don't believe anyone that's 11 or under should be baptized. Baptism is for believers (i.e people who understand and embrace the true Gospel as well as have been regenerated by God, not the one evangelists put on a tiny strip of paper or one that takes only 5 minutes of your time.)

With a few exceptions, children at that age or under can't comprehend the true gospel.
Back to top Go down
bee_rad

bee_rad

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:44 pm

againsttheantichrist wrote:
Shouldn't have to wait to be an adult, but I don't believe anyone that's 11 or under should be baptized. Baptism is for believers (i.e people who understand and embrace the true Gospel as well as have been regenerated by God, not the one evangelists put on a tiny strip of paper or one that takes only 5 minutes of your time.)

With a few exceptions, children at that age or under can't comprehend the true gospel.

I was baptised at age 11 of my own free will after I had accpted Christ as my savior a few years prior. I gave a testimony in front of my church about why I wanted to be baptised. I said I wanted to be closer to God and know Him more. I had a basic understanding about the Gospel, and I understood what baptism was and what it meant.

I know what you mean about very young children not understanding what baptism means. However, I did when I was 11.

I honestly don't care that you don't think my baptism was valid, because I know otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Vigilance Saints Arise

Vigilance Saints Arise

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:18 am

All true Saints make it to Heaven on Earth in time or in Eternity.
An inocent baby or a wise adult are baptized in the name of
Jesus Christ. This is a historic and a global experiance.
A billion babys and adults are baptized every year.
Remember baptism by Water, Fire, and Desire?
Sorry, but aborted babys go to Heaven also.
They grow up there with their friends and family.
Only a Protestant would say that Catholic infant baptisms
are invalid. As all Jesus Christ baptisms are true blessings
before God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
A Grandpa baptised his own Baby because the parents were
Atheist. If this suprizes you, God Bless us every one.
Vigilance Saints Arise
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:12 pm

wow i finally found someone more random then me
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Vigilance Saints Arise

Vigilance Saints Arise

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:04 pm

yepimonfire wrote:
wow i finally found someone more random then me

You should hear me talk off the top of my head.
I sing but haven't masterd free style.
I sing and play keyboards.
27 songs are memorized to this day.
Vigilance Saints Arise - Detroit
Tell it I'm listening.
I got my first Catholic Bible at 18.
Then I went into the Navy.
Off to Florida to find myself.
Jesus people everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saint John the Baptist, Baptism   Saint John the Baptist, Baptism - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Saint John the Baptist, Baptism

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com