BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-11-10

The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Vide
PostSubject: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 am

I am happy to announce that years of documentation of my permanent disabilities (by my father), and him sending off these documents and letters to the Veterans Affairs office allowed for the U.S Government to legally pardon my student loans for college and graduate school. That means I (nor my family) do not have to pay over $90,000 in student loans that I borrowed from FAFSA (U.S school loans thing). The reasons were for permanent and total disability. We stated our case and were rejected numerous times, but after presenting overwhelming evidence, they decided to yield and make it official.

The penalty for this is that until late summer of 2011, I cannot make a salary of over $14,500 per year, which is U.S poverty level cap. I am required to report salary every so often, to them. My parents still have my back, as usual. They'll support me until I can get stable on my own. I will have to refine my job search to be something part time and not high paying, which is fine with me.

At least I have no debt. Praise God!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/panamaphil
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:17 am

wow that's so amazing! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
Kan-o-sushi

Kan-o-sushi

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:57 am

Glad this happened phil Smile
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eclipsingblack
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:28 am

excellent Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:05 am

That's great, Phil!!!

And if you want a low-paying job, you can work where I work . . . we'll guarantee you won't make that $14,500 cap Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:01 pm

Praise God! Student loans can be a major pain, and I'm nearly done paying for mine after 12 years of marriage (& college I never finished) Razz
Back to top Go down
http://metalfroreview.blogspot.com
Munkey

Munkey

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:53 pm

That is excellent, man! I'm happy for you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/acadianametal
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:05 pm

errr...if you are not lying about your disabilities, then yeah, good Wink
Back to top Go down
NorthernAsh

NorthernAsh

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:44 pm

FuneralOath wrote:

The penalty for this is that until late summer of 2011, I cannot make a salary of over $14,500 per year, which is U.S poverty level cap.

I am just slightly above poverty level then at: $22.000 a year working hard as crap to stay alive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/northash
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:07 am

olias wrote:
errr...if you are not lying about your disabilities, then yeah, good Wink

no lies, hehe, trust me.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:18 pm

But what if you want to make more than what they require you to stay below. I mean, its cool that they did that, but I personally don't like being told how much money I am allowed to make. I dunno, you probably know more about it than me.
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:47 pm

olias wrote:
But what if you want to make more than what they require you to stay below. I mean, its cool that they did that, but I personally don't like being told how much money I am allowed to make. I dunno, you probably know more about it than me.

If they find out that you make more, then they will probably begin making you pay some of the student loans I think. I'll ask my dad. He's the brains of this operation. But it's only for 2 years. After that, I can be a billionaire and donate my money to the ACLU.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:56 pm

ugh. I don't like the ACLU. But if that is what is required, only 2 years, then awesome. Now excuse me while I go blow up a leg or something.
Back to top Go down
bee_rad

bee_rad

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:13 pm

FuneralOath wrote:
After that, I can be a billionaire and donate my money to the ACLU.

I hope this is a joke. Razz

Man, there are SO MANY greater causes to support than the ACLU. Homelessness? Poverty? Cancer research? Disease? Hunger in the developing countries? Missionary work?
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:52 pm

guys, lol, I'd donate my money to Maxim magazine before the ACLU. I was kidding.

Anyway, I was doing some research, and actually, the poverty guidelines for 48 out of the 50 states are all the same regardless of demographics, area, or cost of living. For a family of 2, the 2009 poverty guideline for eligibility for many programs is $14,570. I listed a similar number in this thread, but I forgot that I live alone here in Seattle. The number above was just an example. So since I am one person, the poverty guidelines for me would be $10,830. This means that if I make more than this in one year (until June of 2011), it would constitute a breach of contract and then I will have to pay my loans (since that is what the contract stipulates), so I have to be careful which job I look for. It will have to be part time (which is fine with me), and nothing fancy or upscale or with too much responsibility (which is fine with me) - I guess something I am comfortable with and can do well. For now I volunteer at church. So let's see:

10,830 divided by 12 (months) = $902.50 per month divided by 4 (weeks) = $225.63 per week. So I guess that per day, the threshold would be about $32.00. I'm definitely not going to work on Sundays! So per hour...........that would most likely be minimum wage or something. Aaaaaaah I'll figure it out.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:54 pm

Flip burgers.
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:54 pm

oh, and another thing, God willing, i'll be on social security for extra income which won't affect any salary I might receive Smile.
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:55 pm

olias wrote:
Flip burgers.

if I have to, I will - but not for 8 hours a day!!! =D
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:56 pm

A little grease nevar hurt anyone!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)   The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The U.S Government erased my student debt (praise)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Prayer Request & Praises-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com