BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

I sinned and I need forgiveness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-11-10

I sinned and I need forgiveness Vide
PostSubject: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:10 am

I sinned. I've repented, but I still feel bad. It was pretty bad and I feel spiritually dead and afraid. I need to continue repenting and somehow grieve over this and let it pass. Please pray for peace. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/panamaphil
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:13 am

Give praise that you have a working conscious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:35 am

Well phil, yknow dude... When we ask for forgiveness... it's over. I'm sure you know this already but a quick reminder might not hurt..

This is why Jesus came on Earth: to pay for our sins, completely. If you would need to actually feel bad for a couple weeks after you sin, Jesus wouldn't of paid it in full would he? This is why God's Grace is actually so amazing... He just forgives us... There is no back thoughts in His Mind, it's really forgotten. It wouldn't be this way if it wasn't for Jesus's Sacrifice. So we better be thankful to Jesus for His wonderful gift.
Back to top Go down
Kan-o-sushi

Kan-o-sushi

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:49 am

Praying for you phil
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eclipsingblack
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:13 am

praying for ya
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:22 am

Hero wrote:
Well phil, yknow dude... When we ask for forgiveness... it's over. I'm sure you know this already but a quick reminder might not hurt..

This is why Jesus came on Earth: to pay for our sins, completely. If you would need to actually feel bad for a couple weeks after you sin, Jesus wouldn't of paid it in full would he? This is why God's Grace is actually so amazing... He just forgives us... There is no back thoughts in His Mind, it's really forgotten. It wouldn't be this way if it wasn't for Jesus's Sacrifice. So we better be thankful to Jesus for His wonderful gift.

Hero speaks truth. Smile

I will pray for you as well.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Number of posts : 7214

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:42 am

Hero made a good post.

Let the burden of your sin go Phil
Back to top Go down
bee_rad

bee_rad

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:53 am

It is normal to feel guilt and even sorrow over a sin(s) you have committed. I think God allows this to happen so that we will try harder to not do the same thing again.

It is okay to feel sorrow, because as we know, godly sorrow brings repentance. But once we ask God to forgive us, the sin is forgiven and we don't need to dwell on it for too much longer. It is very hard to comprehend how God can forgive all the things we do wrong, but that's why Jesus died, as said above.

Phil, I know exactly how you feel. I actually thought some of the same things just yesterday. I asked for forgiveness more than once even, because somehow I didn't feel I "meant it". But I finally made myself remember that God has indeed forgiven me, and I need to move on and try harder to not make the same mistakes again. If you've genuinely asked for forgiveness, you are forgiven in God's eyes.
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:03 am

Thank you all, I highly appreciate this. I feel forgiven. Now I need to take measures to keep myself in line, pure in mind and heart, and continue the Christian walk. The sad thing is that I have been doing quite well this year in my faith and walk with God, and I've been persevering to the max, and reading scripture with my family, and praying, and engaging in ministry, and then wham! I sinned. I felt like a traitor, a hypocrite, a nothing. But I feel that God has forgiven me. He is the God that justifies the ungodly. I will now proceed to greater things. Given the fact that I am in constant ministry, I do feel like this has been a huge stumbling block and I hope I can feel peace again.
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:20 am

If your repentance is genuine (I'll kill myself if it isn't with you), then you have nothing to worry about.

Prior to repentance (assuming one is saved), the guilt is all God, done to fulfill the covenant He made with man in Jeremiah 32:40. After repentance, it's Satan trying to tear that person down from the guilt of something he/she has already been forgiven for. Now that God has fulfilled His covenant, He will withdraw from him/her in regards to causing he/she guilt from his/her sins.

Shift your prayer bro. If you repented, continuing to ask for repentance is like asking for the state-of-the-art computer you want that your parents already gave you. It's said and done. Pray for strength from God as well as His help in dealing with Satan.
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:58 am

againsttheantichrist wrote:
If your repentance is genuine (I'll kill myself if it isn't with you), then you have nothing to worry about.

Prior to repentance (assuming one is saved), the guilt is all God, done to fulfill the covenant He made with man in Jeremiah 32:40. After repentance, it's Satan trying to tear that person down from the guilt of something he/she has already been forgiven for. Now that God has fulfilled His covenant, He will withdraw from him/her in regards to causing he/she guilt from his/her sins.

Shift your prayer bro. If you repented, continuing to ask for repentance is like asking for the state-of-the-art computer you want that your parents already gave you. It's said and done. Pray for strength from God as well as His help in dealing with Satan.
That makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:37 am

I'm feeling peace and I feel that God no longer counts my sins against me Smile
Back to top Go down
laurenwrites

laurenwrites

Number of posts : 3763
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Glad to hear that. Still praying for you, I figure it can't hurt. Right? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lae1218
Kan-o-sushi

Kan-o-sushi

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:37 pm

FuneralOath wrote:
I'm feeling peace and I feel that God no longer counts my sins against me Smile

I'm glad to hear phil Smile
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eclipsingblack
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I sinned and I need forgiveness   I sinned and I need forgiveness Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I sinned and I need forgiveness

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Prayer Request & Praises-
Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com