BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

My friends back home are in some deep stuff.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ELAN

ELAN

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2009-01-27

My friends back home are in some deep stuff. Vide
PostSubject: My friends back home are in some deep stuff.   My friends back home are in some deep stuff. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:43 pm

OK, so basically, upon a recent trip home, I had a good time seeing everyone, but I was also burdened by a number of factors.

a) a bunch of people I know, even some really close friends, are now active heroin users, as it is somewhat of a recent epidemic around there. It's just the 'cool' thing to do there now, and they've latched onto it.

b) a lot of them are also homeless as their parents have kicked them out, and now live in their cars.

c) one in particular recently had an abortion and I can tell he and his girlfriend feel very depressed about it.

Basically I'm not going to drop names, but if you could pray for these people, that would be very helpful. Also, if you could pray for me, that would be wonderful. Not only am I living 1000 miles away from all of these people and unable to consistently 'be there' for them physically, but I'm the kind of person who dwells on negative things too often; this included. I can feel myself kindof going back into that depressed, cynical mindframe that I was in for years, though not nearly as bad as it was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: My friends back home are in some deep stuff.   My friends back home are in some deep stuff. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:51 pm

you got it.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Number of posts : 7214
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: My friends back home are in some deep stuff.   My friends back home are in some deep stuff. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Ugh, that really sucks man. =/

Dear Father, we come to you in these times of darkness, we ask you for your wisdom Lord, as to find where the core of this new epicdemic is situated. Lord, please shed light on this matter, that something can be done about it.
Be our guiding star and keep us far away from the desire to fall into these things as well.
May Elan influence his friends in a most Godly way, and keep their desires for heroin far away from Elan, that he might be strong and help his friends, even though they are so far away.
Lord, things like distance don't matter to you, work through Elan Lord, and give him the power to let Your work flow through him and bless his friends.

Amen.

Elan, God has shown you these things, and I'm sure he wants you to start working against that.
You know these people, and you can bless them in beautiful ways.
We will keep praying for you

(I typed out my prayer here, because if I say I'll pray, I'll most likely forget)

Bless you and Celine. With the abundant blessings of the Lord, may your vessels be always full, so you can share the love of God with people.
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: My friends back home are in some deep stuff.   My friends back home are in some deep stuff. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:37 pm

Heroin is nasty, so destructive, yet so often used to escape the other troubles people have :/

May God watch over them, and may you and your wife be strengthened as you shine a light in this dark world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My friends back home are in some deep stuff.   My friends back home are in some deep stuff. Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:21 am

will do.
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: My friends back home are in some deep stuff.   My friends back home are in some deep stuff. Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:46 am

Great prayer, Matt.

I'll definitely be praying, Elan.
Back to top Go down
laurenwrites

laurenwrites

Number of posts : 3763
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: My friends back home are in some deep stuff.   My friends back home are in some deep stuff. Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:00 am

I'll be praying for them and for you Elan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lae1218
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My friends back home are in some deep stuff.   My friends back home are in some deep stuff. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My friends back home are in some deep stuff.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Prayer Request & Praises-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com