BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

A friend of mine passed away.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikey Erasmus

Mikey Erasmus

Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-11

A friend of mine passed away. Vide
PostSubject: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:46 am

Heroin overdose. He wasn't saved, so please pray for his soul and for me.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/erasmustn
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:50 am

Im sorry to hear that, an extremely sorry he didnt no Jesus Sad
Back to top Go down
Mikey Erasmus

Mikey Erasmus

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:59 am

Yeah...I'm feeling kind of guilty. I had seen him at shows this summer and he was homeless and pretty out of his mind. I should've said something then. I had known him since we were in 7th or 8th grade, it's a little surreal.
Back to top Go down
Kan-o-sushi

Kan-o-sushi

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:23 am

Praying man
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eclipsingblack
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:54 pm

Praying for you and his family.
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 3067
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Me Too
Back to top Go down
pinkRenne

pinkRenne

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:19 pm

Praying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/soinluv05
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:40 am

will do.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:49 am

sorry to say, but... the second you die is one second too late.

God is a God of the living, not the dead. The dead's fate are already sealed.
I am really sorry for your loss... If anything, surely it will help you go forward and do what God wants of you.

You know, I would not say he's in hell. Chances are, he probably is (like the big majority of mankind) but as much as you'd want him to have a second chance. You can't do anything. Know this though: God is just. Wherever your buddy is, it is because of his choices. As much as we love some people, they just do whatever they want. As much as God loves us, we do whatever we want. We obey, or disobey.

You, however, will be in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
ELAN

ELAN

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:11 am

Mikey Erasmus wrote:

Ugh, I'm sorry.
I just recently found out a lot of people I knew back home, including some of my old best friends, are now into heroin. It's like the 'cool thing' over there now. It's definitely not a good thing.

You're in my prayers; I've got your back, bud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:25 am

ah man...I know the feeling. Lost several friends to drugs.

Praying for ya man.
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
Mikey Erasmus

Mikey Erasmus

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:58 am

Hero wrote:

I am really sorry for your loss... If anything, surely it will help you go forward and do what God wants of you.

You know, I would not say he's in hell. Chances are, he probably is (like the big majority of mankind) but as much as you'd want him to have a second chance. You can't do anything. Know this though: God is just. Wherever your buddy is, it is because of his choices. As much as we love some people, they just do whatever they want. As much as God loves us, we do whatever we want. We obey, or disobey.

You know what, **** YOU, buddy. I didn't ask anyone to come in this thread to tell me about how a childhood friend of mine is in hell! Do you think that's appropriate? Do you think that's what I need to here? And more importantly, DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THAT'S WHAT I BELIEVE?! Have some ******* tact, you *******. He was schizophrenic and didn't know how to deal with it. He was a victim of his situation and a very kind hearted guy. Once again, **** you and don't post in this thread again.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Erasmus

Mikey Erasmus

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:01 am

ELAN wrote:
Mikey Erasmus wrote:

Ugh, I'm sorry.
I just recently found out a lot of people I knew back home, including some of my old best friends, are now into heroin. It's like the 'cool thing' over there now. It's definitely not a good thing.

You're in my prayers; I've got your back, bud.

Yeah...Nashville is suffering from a drugs and alcohol problem in our music scene. When I found out about my friend, I was at a show (right before I played a set....ughh)...and i just looked around at all the kids drinking...thinking of all the kid who were high or were going to get high and I got pretty upset at how "ok" that's supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:44 am

Mikey Erasmus wrote:
Hero wrote:

You know what, **** YOU, buddy. I didn't ask anyone to come in this thread to tell me about how a childhood friend of mine is in hell! Do you think that's appropriate? Do you think that's what I need to here? And more importantly, DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THAT'S WHAT I BELIEVE?! Have some ******* tact, you *******. He was schizophrenic and didn't know how to deal with it. He was a victim of his situation and a very kind hearted guy. Once again, **** you and don't post in this thread again.

Look, I can't say this or that person is in hell. However, from what we know, he might be. If the flowers are red, I'm not gonna tell you they're black.

Would you like it better if I told you, oh yeah dude.... I'll pray for your buddy? Knowing that our prayers have absolutely no impact on the dead. That being said, I'll say it again: God is Just. Your buddy might not be in hell because of his mental situations. I don't know.

What I mean is that, you should not worry about him anymore. Because it won't change a thing. He is in God's hands. And knowing that God is Just, it should give you some relief.

I'm sorry, btw, didn't mean to get you upset. Just thought I'd tell the things how they are.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Erasmus

Mikey Erasmus

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:55 am

I TOLD YOU NOT TO POST IN THIS THREAD. LEAVE.

Last edited by fishingd on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : watch the language bro.. Or you will get the boot!!)
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:12 pm

Mikey,

I am truly, truly sorry for the passing away of your friend. I am praying for you. However, please chill, sit back, and don't repay evil with evil. I would work on my self control, as it is a fruit of the spirit. I understand anger, bro, believe me, but remember - if you lose your cool, you lose it all. God bless you, and try to stay in peace. For your sake and for the sake of the remembrance of your friend, let go of any bitterness you may have. Hugs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/panamaphil
FuneralOath

FuneralOath

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:17 pm

Hero wrote:

buddy,

I understand that you wanted to say the right thing and give input, but it was inappropriate to do so especially in a thread where Mikey has expressed heartfelt sorrow for a friend who passed away. Just letting you know so that you think before you post next time. No hard feelings, bro, I just wanted to point that out. Sometimes, the best things are the things that are not said. He needs our support right now, not a Theological assessment of the situation. I don't want to make you feel bad either, just to make peace between people. God bless you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/panamaphil
Mark

Mark

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:21 pm

Hero, nobody knows who goes to Hell. And repentance upon the moment of death is enough.

Mikey, I'm sorry about losing your friend. I pray that he be safely delivered into Heaven. If he was schizophrenic, his being in Heaven is very likely.
Back to top Go down
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Yeah, I know you meant well Hero but try to respect Mikey's grief and keep the theological questions out of this thread.

Let's all pray for Mikey's grief over his friend's death and give him all the support he needs.
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 1540
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:09 pm

Mikey, I'm sorry about losing your friend..I will be praying for you and his family!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
Averzaath

Averzaath

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Hero wrote:

I don't mean to jump on you, just want to give you a bit of advice, to give you something I've learned.
It's not always a good thing to speak your mind. Ask yourself, what does it add to say this? there are a number of bands here I don't like, that doesn't mean I have to make it known everytime. We have a saying here "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing it all"

And what did he ask for? Prayer.
just give him that and nothing more.
Atleast, that's how I see it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bob-haagma.com/
Matt

Number of posts : 7214

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:15 pm

Mikey Erasmus wrote:

Yeah...Nashville is suffering from a drugs and alcohol problem in our music scene. When I found out about my friend, I was at a show (right before I played a set....ughh)...and i just looked around at all the kids drinking...thinking of all the kid who were high or were going to get high and I got pretty upset at how "ok" that's supposed to be.
Then Nashville is in serious needs of prayer.
As far as I can tell from what you said there is a spirit of drugs and alcohol reigning, and you (and we all) should start praying for that scene, because only God is stronger.

I surely will pray for you and for the scene you are in.
You are different, a pillar of light my friend, let God shine through you.

May God have mercy upon your friend.
May God bless you with rest and peace
May God break the chains that hold your scene in a grip of heroin/alcohol abuse.
May God reign supreme over your area
May God heal you in your mourning process
May God lead you in these dark times
May God reveal himself to you and show you what your function in this situation is
May God be with you at every point
May God bless you.

Mikey, we are here for you, and if you need to vent, feel free to pm me or something.
Back to top Go down
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 1540
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:50 pm

Averzaath wrote:
Hero wrote:

I don't mean to jump on you, just want to give you a bit of advice, to give you something I've learned.
It's not always a good thing to speak your mind. Ask yourself, what does it add to say this? there are a number of bands here I don't like, that doesn't mean I have to make it known everytime. We have a saying here "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing it all"

And what did he ask for? Prayer.
just give him that and nothing more.
Atleast, that's how I see it.

I agree!! Hero this is a pray and praise forum.. So lets keep it that why!
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
Mikey Erasmus

Mikey Erasmus

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:00 pm

Thank you so much, everyone. I love you all very much and I'm sorry for the harsh language. These prayers are very important right now. I doubt many (if any) people are praying for my friend and you all are bringing me a great deal of comfort. Thank you for praying for our music scene...I love it very much and I don't want to see these troubled kids lose all of it.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Erasmus

Mikey Erasmus

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:02 pm

FuneralOath wrote:
Mikey,

I am truly, truly sorry for the passing away of your friend. I am praying for you. However, please chill, sit back, and don't repay evil with evil. I would work on my self control, as it is a fruit of the spirit. I understand anger, bro, believe me, but remember - if you lose your cool, you lose it all. God bless you, and try to stay in peace. For your sake and for the sake of the remembrance of your friend, let go of any bitterness you may have. Hugs.

Thank you, Phil. I still have endless respect for you still for being a man of conviction and certainly at times like this, a man of compassion of tact. You're an inspiration for sure, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine passed away.   A friend of mine passed away. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A friend of mine passed away.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Prayer Request & Praises-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com