Share | 

My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:19 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:36 pm

TheBeastSlayer wrote:

Stop.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:02 pm

IronGuardian wrote:
unblackberzerker wrote:
Maybe it is important to differentiate between depression and sadness

There is a big difference between the two.

Depression can often make people feel sad, but that is not always the case. More often, it'll make them feel nothing, to the point where feeling sad appears to be the happy alternative.

If someone is simply sad because of some event or trauma, that is to be expected. It is when they are continually sad, and not in responce to any one event, that it could be a potential problem.

Medication can really help those who are medically unwell, but medication is only one part of the whole puzzle.

this is something i go through frequently, rather then being sad i just feel nothing but pure black darkness and numbness. almost like a void of emotion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
The Last Firstborn

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Exactly. It's like everything good about life is so far gone that you can't even feel sad about losing it.

Do you have depression, Jon?
Back to top Go down
stefan

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:04 am

welcome to adulthood kids! Depression, anxiety, stress, sadness are all normal human emotions. Running to medication for everything will make you a weak fool, and you will never become strong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
The Last Firstborn

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:17 am

stefan wrote:
welcome to adulthood kids! Depression, anxiety, stress, sadness are all normal human emotions. Running to medication for everything will make you a weak fool, and you will never become strong.

UGH. You people fail psychology and brain science forever. NO ONE is saying that depression and anxiety are, in and of themselves, mental disorders that need to be medicated away. The negative feelings that people with depression feel are not simply in reaction to adverse situations (although clinical depression can, in some cases, be set off by such); on the contrary, the feelings are pervasive and irrational, and the sufferer knows that, but still can hardly shake them off without therapy and/or medications.
Back to top Go down
Walter Kovacs

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:19 am

Back to top Go down
stefan

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:37 am

Considering how little scientists know about human brain function and how much medication out there in the market today is all about making huge profits for pharm. companies, I would have to say be very careful about what you put in your body.
In extreme mental illness cases, yes, there is a great need for constant medication, therapy, and spiritual guidance(which is highly overlooked in the modern post christian age). I would say that a lot of the really severe mental illness cases are actually caused be demonic forces. I have great experience in this field because of what happened to my exwife.
Proper nutrition, family support, spiritual support, and healthy habits are essential to making it through this life without serious mental/physical disabilities.
Back to top Go down
Exhumed

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:10 am

^ What the man said.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:31 am

The Last Firstborn wrote:
Exactly. It's like everything good about life is so far gone that you can't even feel sad about losing it.

yes. most of the time it is situational and all the meds in the world will do no good.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:33 am

stefan wrote:
Considering how little scientists know about human brain function and how much medication out there in the market today is all about making huge profits for pharm. companies, I would have to say be very careful about what you put in your body.
In extreme mental illness cases, yes, there is a great need for constant medication, therapy, and spiritual guidance(which is highly overlooked in the modern post christian age). I would say that a lot of the really severe mental illness cases are actually caused be demonic forces. I have great experience in this field because of what happened to my exwife.
Proper nutrition, family support, spiritual support, and healthy habits are essential to making it through this life without serious mental/physical disabilities.

agreed.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:04 pm

stefan wrote:

Well, that much is true, at least.

wizardovmetal wrote:
The Last Firstborn wrote:

yes. most of the time it is situational and all the meds in the world will do no good.

Clinical depression isn't a situational thing, but I'm guessing that you've been diagnosed since you say meds don't help. What all antidepressants have you tried?
Back to top Go down
unblackberzerker

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:26 pm

stefan wrote:

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. " (Romans 5: 3-4)

If I hadn't had all the pain in my life, I would probably be a different person than I am now. I wouldn't have as much wisdom or character.

I don't think stefan (or anyone else for that matter) is saying to not use medication in certain situations or to ignore science completely. Mental illness does exist. There is definitely a spiritual side, though (which I think has been adequetly mentioned).

I also agree that sometimes mental illness is an excuse for a satanic oppression. I get sick of how so many criminals aren't punished because they have a "mental illness." You can call anything mental illness really. Also, some people are possessed by a demon, and science will not do anything to help that person. They need serious prayer.

Then you come to the question, "What is sanity?" If the world is sane, then, yes, I am most definitely insane.

BTW, I agree with pretty much everything everyone has said. You've all added a perspective to the overall issue.
Back to top Go down
stefan

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm

very true
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 2080
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:19 am

stefan wrote:

BTW, I agree with pretty much everything everyone has said. You've all added a perspective to the overall issue.

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   

Back to top Go down

My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum