-----------------------------------------------------
 
HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheBeastSlayer



Number of posts : 2165
Age : 24
Location : Kingdom of God,State Of Delusion, USA
Registration date : 2009-03-26
Points : 5494

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:19 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
The Last Firstborn



Number of posts : 2576
Age : 24
Registration date : 2009-04-07
Points : 6147

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:36 pm

TheBeastSlayer wrote:

Stop.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal



Number of posts : 1056
Age : 25
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4029

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:02 pm

IronGuardian wrote:
unblackberzerker wrote:
Maybe it is important to differentiate between depression and sadness

There is a big difference between the two.

Depression can often make people feel sad, but that is not always the case. More often, it'll make them feel nothing, to the point where feeling sad appears to be the happy alternative.

If someone is simply sad because of some event or trauma, that is to be expected. It is when they are continually sad, and not in responce to any one event, that it could be a potential problem.

Medication can really help those who are medically unwell, but medication is only one part of the whole puzzle.

this is something i go through frequently, rather then being sad i just feel nothing but pure black darkness and numbness. almost like a void of emotion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
The Last Firstborn



Number of posts : 2576
Age : 24
Registration date : 2009-04-07
Points : 6147

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Exactly. It's like everything good about life is so far gone that you can't even feel sad about losing it.

Do you have depression, Jon?
Back to top Go down
stefan



Number of posts : 146
Age : 39
Registration date : 2010-06-26
Points : 2657

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:04 am

welcome to adulthood kids! Depression, anxiety, stress, sadness are all normal human emotions. Running to medication for everything will make you a weak fool, and you will never become strong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
The Last Firstborn



Number of posts : 2576
Age : 24
Registration date : 2009-04-07
Points : 6147

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:17 am

stefan wrote:
welcome to adulthood kids! Depression, anxiety, stress, sadness are all normal human emotions. Running to medication for everything will make you a weak fool, and you will never become strong.

UGH. You people fail psychology and brain science forever. NO ONE is saying that depression and anxiety are, in and of themselves, mental disorders that need to be medicated away. The negative feelings that people with depression feel are not simply in reaction to adverse situations (although clinical depression can, in some cases, be set off by such); on the contrary, the feelings are pervasive and irrational, and the sufferer knows that, but still can hardly shake them off without therapy and/or medications.
Back to top Go down
Walter Kovacs



Number of posts : 229
Age : 27
Registration date : 2010-11-13
Points : 2596

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:19 am

Back to top Go down
stefan



Number of posts : 146
Age : 39
Registration date : 2010-06-26
Points : 2657

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:37 am

Considering how little scientists know about human brain function and how much medication out there in the market today is all about making huge profits for pharm. companies, I would have to say be very careful about what you put in your body.
In extreme mental illness cases, yes, there is a great need for constant medication, therapy, and spiritual guidance(which is highly overlooked in the modern post christian age). I would say that a lot of the really severe mental illness cases are actually caused be demonic forces. I have great experience in this field because of what happened to my exwife.
Proper nutrition, family support, spiritual support, and healthy habits are essential to making it through this life without serious mental/physical disabilities.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Exhumed



Number of posts : 671
Age : 29
Location : Chile
Registration date : 2009-07-19
Points : 3508

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:10 am

^ What the man said.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal



Number of posts : 1056
Age : 25
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4029

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:31 am

The Last Firstborn wrote:
Exactly. It's like everything good about life is so far gone that you can't even feel sad about losing it.

Do you have depression, Jon?

yes. most of the time it is situational and all the meds in the world will do no good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
wizardovmetal



Number of posts : 1056
Age : 25
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4029

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:33 am

stefan wrote:
Considering how little scientists know about human brain function and how much medication out there in the market today is all about making huge profits for pharm. companies, I would have to say be very careful about what you put in your body.
In extreme mental illness cases, yes, there is a great need for constant medication, therapy, and spiritual guidance(which is highly overlooked in the modern post christian age). I would say that a lot of the really severe mental illness cases are actually caused be demonic forces. I have great experience in this field because of what happened to my exwife.
Proper nutrition, family support, spiritual support, and healthy habits are essential to making it through this life without serious mental/physical disabilities.

agreed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
The Last Firstborn



Number of posts : 2576
Age : 24
Registration date : 2009-04-07
Points : 6147

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:04 pm

stefan wrote:
Proper nutrition, family support, spiritual support, and healthy habits are essential to making it through this life without serious mental/physical disabilities.

Well, that much is true, at least.

wizardovmetal wrote:
The Last Firstborn wrote:
Exactly. It's like everything good about life is so far gone that you can't even feel sad about losing it.

Do you have depression, Jon?

yes. most of the time it is situational and all the meds in the world will do no good.

Clinical depression isn't a situational thing, but I'm guessing that you've been diagnosed since you say meds don't help. What all antidepressants have you tried?
Back to top Go down
unblackberzerker



Number of posts : 151
Age : 24
Registration date : 2009-05-20
Points : 3067

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:26 pm

stefan wrote:
welcome to adulthood kids! Depression, anxiety, stress, sadness are all normal human emotions. Running to medication for everything will make you a weak fool, and you will never become strong.

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. " (Romans 5: 3-4)

If I hadn't had all the pain in my life, I would probably be a different person than I am now. I wouldn't have as much wisdom or character.

I don't think stefan (or anyone else for that matter) is saying to not use medication in certain situations or to ignore science completely. Mental illness does exist. There is definitely a spiritual side, though (which I think has been adequetly mentioned).

I also agree that sometimes mental illness is an excuse for a satanic oppression. I get sick of how so many criminals aren't punished because they have a "mental illness." You can call anything mental illness really. Also, some people are possessed by a demon, and science will not do anything to help that person. They need serious prayer.

Then you come to the question, "What is sanity?" If the world is sane, then, yes, I am most definitely insane.

BTW, I agree with pretty much everything everyone has said. You've all added a perspective to the overall issue.
Back to top Go down
stefan



Number of posts : 146
Age : 39
Registration date : 2010-06-26
Points : 2657

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm

very true
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
oldschooldoom



Number of posts : 2080
Age : 53
Location : The land of the UNfrozen
Registration date : 2009-07-27
Points : 5304

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:19 am

stefan wrote:


BTW, I agree with pretty much everything everyone has said. You've all added a perspective to the overall issue.

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness   

Back to top Go down
 

My Thoughts on Depression/Mental Illness

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum