BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tron- legacy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phil metalhed

Phil metalhed

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Tron- legacy Vide
PostSubject: Tron- legacy   Tron- legacy Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:17 am

How did 1 of the movies of the decade not get its own thred on this forum? Shame on yal.
I think they wil make a triliogy out of it, but hopefuly thats it. Movies shud b limited 2 3 per franchise. lol! Cool jocolor geek Grim Banger Banger No You Didn't nuke gangsta excitedjumpers rawr Tron- legacy 83251 badger
Back to top Go down
http://www.truestance.com
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 2080
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Tron- legacy Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tron- legacy   Tron- legacy Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:38 am

Seen it twice, one in 2-D and once in 3-D. Now I am trying to track down the original (with a reasonable price)
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Tron- legacy Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tron- legacy   Tron- legacy Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:16 am

oldschooldoom wrote:
Seen it twice, one in 2-D and once in 3-D. Now I am trying to track down the original (with a reasonable price)

Disney is going to release it this year on a special limited release DVD. They didn't want it to be seen by folks before they saw the sequel because reportedly it is so embarassing that Disney believes it would have turned folks off from seeing Legacy.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh

Sutekh

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Tron- legacy Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tron- legacy   Tron- legacy Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Much as I loved the original Tron (which was INCREDIBLE for its time, a fact modern CGI-spoiled viewers seem to miss), Tron: Legacy has 'Avatar syndrome'. It looks amazing, but there's not much to the storyline.

And what about Tron himself? He was largely unseen for most of the movie. It would have been good to see more of his struggle against Clu so that when he finally changes at the end, it makes sense. I liked the movie, but it was well short of its potential.
Back to top Go down
Phil metalhed

Phil metalhed

Tron- legacy Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tron- legacy   Tron- legacy Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:32 am

oldschooldoom wrote:

I got the 2 disc 20th aniversary edition. Grim Banger Banger Cool gangsta excitedjumpers rawr Tron- legacy 83251 badger
Back to top Go down
Phil metalhed

Phil metalhed

Tron- legacy Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tron- legacy   Tron- legacy Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:38 am

Sutekh wrote:
Much as I loved the original Tron (which was INCREDIBLE for its time, a fact modern CGI-spoiled viewers seem to miss), Tron: Legacy has 'Avatar syndrome'. It looks amazing, but there's not much to the storyline.

And what about Tron himself? He was largely unseen for most of the movie. It would have been good to see more of his struggle against Clu so that when he finally changes at the end, it makes sense. I liked the movie, but it was well short of its potential.

Wrong. Please dont try 2 compare the mindless garbage that was "avatar" 2 1 of the clasic stories/ movie franchises of our time. It had plenty of storyline, so much so that the kidys that neva saw the original liked it+ knew wat was goin on.

The coruption of the tron characta was explained as flyn was telin his son the story of the revolt against him. Tron was not even in the original a whole lot, the only reason y they chose 2 call the franchise that was probly cuz the name "sounded cool"+ he "fot 4 the users aka us". No You Didn't scratch Razz Poke chairbeat peg bigwack
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Tron- legacy Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tron- legacy   Tron- legacy Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:45 am

Sutekh and Phil Metalhed enter the grid Tron- legacy 894874
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 3067
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Tron- legacy Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tron- legacy   Tron- legacy Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Just watched this tonight in 3-d. The movie was ok/pretty good, the soundtrack was fantastic.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Tron- legacy Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tron- legacy   Tron- legacy Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Tron- legacy Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tron- legacy   Tron- legacy Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:35 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:

Awesome. I've got the original on DVD (collector's edition) and PSP/UMD format. My undying love for Tron finally paid off in this sequel. I thought it was pretty sweet. I wish the story had been fleshed out a tad more, but overall I was pleased with the sequel. It will be interesting to see if Disney decides to run w/ this property or not, now that it's no longer just "nerd fodder" Razz
Back to top Go down
http://metalfroreview.blogspot.com
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Tron- legacy Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tron- legacy   Tron- legacy Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:24 am

Come to find out the whole original can be view in multi-part segments on YouTube. That will have to satisfy my hankerings until the re-issue package later this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tron- legacy Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tron- legacy   Tron- legacy Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tron- legacy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Everything Else :: Movies / TV-
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com