BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Straplocks and Whatnot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Usvart Jorge

Usvart Jorge

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Straplocks and Whatnot Vide
PostSubject: Straplocks and Whatnot   Straplocks and Whatnot Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Hey guys, I have a Dean VX guitar which is a bolt-on guitar. The thing is that one of the strap buttons is on the bolt-on plate. I bought a Dunlop straplock, but realized that both the screw for the original button and the screw that came with the lock wouldn't work because the straplock screw was too narrow and short for the hole and the original was too short to reach all the way back down with the bigger strap button on. I ended up selling the straplock to my friend.

Anyway, my strap keeps slipping and I've dropped my guitar twice already. I really want to secure it. I was thinking of buying the DiMarzio Cliplock strap (http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-2Inch-Nylon-ClipLock-Guitar-Strap?sku=364661) but I wasn't sure if the screws that came with it will work in conjunction with the bolt-on plate. Do you know if it will work or if it won't, what lock/strap I can use to secure my guitar strap?

Thanks so much!! Smile

-Jorge
Back to top Go down
Aric

Aric

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Straplocks and Whatnot   Straplocks and Whatnot Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:36 am

In my opinion the Planet Lock strap from Planet Waves would be a good choice. The strap itself uses a locking wheel mechanism that tightens around the strap button, which eliminates any screw replacement or other modification on your part. A friend of mine used to have one and I loved using it; the strap is comfortable and the design is secure. (Video)

Reviews are mixed on the fact that apparently the plastic ends of the strap are known to break, but I'd say as long as you don't put a lot of unnecessary stress on the thing it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Usvart Jorge

Usvart Jorge

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Straplocks and Whatnot   Straplocks and Whatnot Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:43 am

Thanks, man. Smile

I actually went to Guitar Center today and bought one. The thing is that the strap buttons on my guitar are really short and fat so the lock didn't fit. The card that came with the strap said to send in 2.95 in and they'd send you a replacement pair that would work, so I'll have to wait a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Straplocks and Whatnot   Straplocks and Whatnot Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Straplocks and Whatnot

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Music Discussion :: Musicians Lair-
Forum free | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com