BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bands that are overated to hate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Bands that are overated to hate Vide
PostSubject: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:00 pm

What do you guys think?

For me I think bullet for my valentine is no where near as bad as people make them out to be.

another one would be Underoath, it seems people hate them just because they are not metal, well they really don't even try to be metal, and they are pretty good for what they are. I think if people look past what they use to be they would enjoy this band as they are now.

Any others you guys can think on?
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:48 pm

BFMV is as bad as people think.
Back to top Go down
Mortal Wombat

Mortal Wombat

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Job for a Cowboy. Seriously, the only reason they recieve crap is because they can land a spot on the Billboard 200.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mrwaffles0aninjaiam
Death over Life

Death over Life

Number of posts : 632
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Instantly the top 2 bands that come in my head are Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir easily.

I have no problems for those who just aren't a fan of their music or certain albums, but the "OMG sell-outs!!!" bs from some anti-fans is some of the most retarded crap I've heard. Just because they are popular and sell records does not mean that they have sold out to anything, especially since they both do what they want to regardless of what people think, which is what black metal is supposed to be about to begin with. The sell-out claims reveal exactly who are the sell-outs and hypocrites.

Guess you could say they are a victim of their own success.
Back to top Go down
Walter Kovacs

Walter Kovacs

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Darkthrone

Mayhem

Emperor

Deathspell Omega

Morbid Angel

Nile

Death

Everything else.
Back to top Go down
Exhumed

Exhumed

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Guns N Roses. Yeah, they have 3 "good" songs and that makes them the best rock band of the 90'!... I haven't even been able to realize what makes them so so SO popular.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:36 am

This is "bands that are overrated to hate".
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:57 am

Walter Kovacs wrote:
Darkthrone

Mayhem

Emperor

Deathspell Omega

Morbid Angel

Nile

Death

Everything else.

These are well respected bands sir.
Back to top Go down
FireProphet

FireProphet

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:03 am

MetalMatt wrote:
Anything popular that a hater doesn't personally connect to.
Jealousy, ignorance, selfishness, or whatever the reason for such behavior, it's dumb.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:04 am

Slipknot, My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy. They're all treated like jokes by the elitist musical jerks, but really their music is pretty good. Even if you don't like the style you should at least be able to recognize how much better they are than Nickelback or Brokencyde or some sh*t.
Back to top Go down
Xasthur

Xasthur

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:43 pm

So I guess you mean overhated.

Bands I like would be:

Job for a Cowboy
Cradle of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Six Feet Under

Bands I dont like but get hated like crazy are:

Slipknot
Bring Me the Horizon
Dragonforce
New Metallica
Limp Bizkit
ICP
Back to top Go down
Usvart Jorge

Usvart Jorge

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:10 pm

DragonForce
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Usvart Jorge wrote:
DragonForce
I knew you were going to say taht lol!
Back to top Go down
SSG Jake

SSG Jake

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:10 pm

First thing that comes to mind: Metallica. I've dealt with this sh*t my whole life. Ever since I started listening to them in 97, all I EVER hear from elitest pr*cks is, "OMG, TEHY SOOOOOO sold out. They'r enot metal anymore. And I know, cuz I'm the expert on all things metal." Seriously, shut up and go find something shiny to look at. I get so tired of hearing that. Stop hating on the guys just because you want to be a hipster. I have never seen them as sellouts. They're guys who refuse to be told what their band should sound like, and take influence from the bands they are listening to. Never afraid to try something different. I accepted a long time ago that the only thing we can ever expect from Metallica is something different. Their next album will probably sound nothing like Death Magnetic.

Now, all that being said, I am soooo not the guy to come to for an objective opinion on Metallica. I am such a Metallica fanboy, it's sad. Their next album could be "Lars Farting On A Snare Drum" and I would ROCK THAT SH*T!!
Back to top Go down
Walter Kovacs

Walter Kovacs

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:12 pm

olias wrote:
Walter Kovacs wrote:
Darkthrone

Mayhem

Emperor

Deathspell Omega

Morbid Angel

Nile

Death

Everything else.

These are well respected bands sir.

Not in some parts of the Congo.
Back to top Go down
ELAN

ELAN

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:23 pm

I would rather someone hook a fishing line to my intestines and reel them out of my nostrils than listen to Brokencyde.... they deserve their hatred. There's my answer.

As for bands that don't deserve hatred... it seems that much of the elitists hate newer Satyricon albums just because they have more of a black n' roll sound. While the last album pales a little bit in comparison toward the rest of their discography, I really do not find it to be so bad. That and 'Volcano' had some incredible songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm

Mortal Wombat wrote:
Job for a Cowboy. Seriously, the only reason they recieve crap is because they can land a spot on the Billboard 200.

I think "Blow Job for a Gay Cowboy" is the hater name I've heard of this band.
They're great though.

[quote="Death over Life"]Instantly the top 2 bands that come in my head are Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir easily.
[quote]

I was going to say the same thing!

I've heard Dummy Burger as the hater name for Dimmu Borgir.
They're great though!

Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Death over Life

Death over Life

Number of posts : 632
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:39 pm

[quote="Hguols"]
Mortal Wombat wrote:

I think "Blow Job for a Gay Cowboy" is the hater name I've heard of this band.
They're great though.

[quote="Death over Life"]Instantly the top 2 bands that come in my head are Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir easily.
Quote :

I was going to say the same thing!

I've heard Dummy Burger as the hater name for Dimmu Borgir.
They're great though!

Well, to add to that, I hear the hater name for Cradle of Filth is Cradle of Sh*t. Yes, I admit they had a downturn in quality around Thornography, but even then, I still found the band very enjoyable and listenable.

Last but not least, I've been wanting to say this, but you were correct on Darkly, Darkly. That album surprised me quite a bit. I think Lillith Immaculate and Forgive me Father were horrid songs to represent the album. With that being said, as opposed to singles, when they were fused with the whole album and concept, the songs made perfect sense, and I was able to enjoy them much better as album songs to flow the story rather than as individual tracks.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:26 am

MetalMatt wrote:
What do you guys think?

For me I think bullet for my valentine is no where near as bad as people make them out to be.

another one would be Underoath, it seems people hate them just because they are not metal, well they really don't even try to be metal, and they are pretty good for what they are. I think if people look past what they use to be they would enjoy this band as they are now.

Agreed. BFMV isn't nearly the crappy band they're made out to be. "Waking the Demon" is actually pretty awesome. And yeah, Underoath is pretty cool, though their last album didn't do much for me.
Back to top Go down
http://metalfroreview.blogspot.com
stefan

stefan

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Satyricon is one the originaters, and have always been a great band. When I saw them live and went to speak to Satyr, who is about 6' 8", I found him to be an extremely intelligent fellow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:18 pm

The only Satyricon album I like is Rebel Extravaganza
Back to top Go down
stefan

stefan

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:27 pm

The "Shadowthrone" album is one that you cannot overlook.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
sword of the heretic

sword of the heretic

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:30 pm

SSG Jake wrote:
First thing that comes to mind: Metallica. I've dealt with this sh*t my whole life. Ever since I started listening to them in 97, all I EVER hear from elitest pr*cks is, "OMG, TEHY SOOOOOO sold out. They'r enot metal anymore. And I know, cuz I'm the expert on all things metal." Seriously, shut up and go find something shiny to look at. I get so tired of hearing that. Stop hating on the guys just because you want to be a hipster. I have never seen them as sellouts. They're guys who refuse to be told what their band should sound like, and take influence from the bands they are listening to. Never afraid to try something different. I accepted a long time ago that the only thing we can ever expect from Metallica is something different. Their next album will probably sound nothing like Death Magnetic.

Now, all that being said, I am soooo not the guy to come to for an objective opinion on Metallica. I am such a Metallica fanboy, it's sad. Their next album could be "Lars Farting On A Snare Drum" and I would ROCK THAT SH*T!!

I remember when Load came out, and a ton of fans freaked when they saw the band with their new haircuts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sword_of_the_heretic
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are overated to hate   Bands that are overated to hate Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bands that are overated to hate

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com