-----------------------------------------------------
 
HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
wizardovmetal

avatar

Number of posts : 1056
Age : 27
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4602

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Hguols wrote:
Sounds serious Jon. Maybe you should take some legal action?

I take back what I said.

I apologize for that.

not much you can do if he is overseas. i emailed whoever was in charge of his case (forget his name) but idk if it did any good, he keeps popping up every now and then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4393

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:12 am

Hguols wrote:
Not doing God's will is sinning.
They've been paid for.


Only if you truly repent, which leads to a change of attitude.
Back to top Go down
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4393

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:13 am

Hguols wrote:
wizardovmetal wrote:
i beleive sin is important, and we SHOULD sin, fall and get back up and return, not sin intentionally, but god is infallible, and being that he is he would not have allowed sin into the world unless it had a purpose, we are becoming like god, knowing the difference between right and wrong, and chosing right. but killing yourself when you know its not what god wants and never having time to repent, or not being sorry at all, idk.

I'm telling you. ...even though they sin intentionally, they still qualify for salvation.

I disagree with this, to a certain extent.
"A tree that bears no fruits will be cut down and thrown to the fire". This is for those who refuse to abandon their wicked ways and let the Holy Spirit work into them.


Last edited by Hero on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4393

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:19 am

Death over Life wrote:
Alright here is the Truth. Hguols is correct on this issue. Mad props to you Hguols! From what I've seen, it seems you became what you had a distaste for a few months ago in that philosophers vs. unintelligent thread way back when.

Anyways, with that being said, yes, those who commit suicide go to Hell (aka Hades/Sheol which means the Grave). However, despite the fact that those who commit suicide go to Hell, it doesn't mean they aren't saved. Whether they go to the Lake of Fire after the judgement is what should be properly asked.

Everybody goes to Hell, but only the elect will go to Heaven, and the rest will go to the Lake of Fire, where they will be eternally separated from God, which means separation from Life itself and the ability to live. Lake of Fire IS NOT eternal torment and torture. The Lake of Fire is the Final Judgement, which is the 2nd Death, which 2nd death means they are annihilated from existance. This is how God is omnipresent, yet at the same time, the Lake of Fire is separation from God for eternity.

That is not biblical at all. The second death is not annihilation, it is eternal torment. "Fire that will not be quenched". Souls were made immortal. I'm not sure why so many people lately like to believe that the second death is annihilation. It's not.

Also, what is this baloney about everyone going to hell? That's totally wrong too.
Are we reading the same bible?
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

avatar

Number of posts : 1056
Age : 27
Location : COLD
Registration date : 2009-08-17
Points : 4602

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:37 am

Hero wrote:
Death over Life wrote:
Alright here is the Truth. Hguols is correct on this issue. Mad props to you Hguols! From what I've seen, it seems you became what you had a distaste for a few months ago in that philosophers vs. unintelligent thread way back when.

Anyways, with that being said, yes, those who commit suicide go to Hell (aka Hades/Sheol which means the Grave). However, despite the fact that those who commit suicide go to Hell, it doesn't mean they aren't saved. Whether they go to the Lake of Fire after the judgement is what should be properly asked.

Everybody goes to Hell, but only the elect will go to Heaven, and the rest will go to the Lake of Fire, where they will be eternally separated from God, which means separation from Life itself and the ability to live. Lake of Fire IS NOT eternal torment and torture. The Lake of Fire is the Final Judgement, which is the 2nd Death, which 2nd death means they are annihilated from existance. This is how God is omnipresent, yet at the same time, the Lake of Fire is separation from God for eternity.

That is not biblical at all. The second death is not annihilation, it is eternal torment. "Fire that will not be quenched". Souls were made immortal. I'm not sure why so many people lately like to believe that the second death is annihilation. It's not.

Also, what is this baloney about everyone going to hell?
That's totally wrong too.
Are we reading the same bible?

good question.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
TheBeastSlayer

avatar

Number of posts : 2165
Age : 26
Location : Kingdom of God,State Of Delusion, USA
Registration date : 2009-03-26
Points : 6067

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:39 am

wizardovmetal wrote:
Hero wrote:
Death over Life wrote:
Alright here is the Truth. Hguols is correct on this issue. Mad props to you Hguols! From what I've seen, it seems you became what you had a distaste for a few months ago in that philosophers vs. unintelligent thread way back when.

Anyways, with that being said, yes, those who commit suicide go to Hell (aka Hades/Sheol which means the Grave). However, despite the fact that those who commit suicide go to Hell, it doesn't mean they aren't saved. Whether they go to the Lake of Fire after the judgement is what should be properly asked.

Everybody goes to Hell, but only the elect will go to Heaven, and the rest will go to the Lake of Fire, where they will be eternally separated from God, which means separation from Life itself and the ability to live. Lake of Fire IS NOT eternal torment and torture. The Lake of Fire is the Final Judgement, which is the 2nd Death, which 2nd death means they are annihilated from existance. This is how God is omnipresent, yet at the same time, the Lake of Fire is separation from God for eternity.

That is not biblical at all. The second death is not annihilation, it is eternal torment. "Fire that will not be quenched". Souls were made immortal. I'm not sure why so many people lately like to believe that the second death is annihilation. It's not.

Also, what is this baloney about everyone going to hell?
That's totally wrong too.
Are we reading the same bible?

good question.
Hopefully it doesn't start a which is better war lol.
I think what DoL meant Hero, is that everyone who does not accept salvation goes to hell. "The Elect" probably means those who have accepted Christ.

Sidenote: If you're Catholic, you go straight to hell and commit suicide over and over for eternity. In the same way. Feeling it every time. UNLESS! Your family "receives a blessing" from a church leader (AKA pays them money to "absolve your soul and sins"). And I;m not kidding.
Saw this in a Catholic Encyclopedia once.
Not as blunt, but you get the idea.

ANOTHER SIDENOTE: Hell =/= The Lake of Fire.

Juss Sayin'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 38
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5640

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:24 am

Hero wrote:
Hguols wrote:

I'm telling you. ...even though they sin intentionally, they still qualify for salvation.

I disagree with this, to a certain extent.
"A tree that bears no fruits will be cut down and thrown to the fire". This is for those who refuse to abandon their wicked ways and let the Holy Spirit work into them.

Hero wrote:
Hguols wrote:
Not doing God's will is sinning.
They've been paid for.


Only if you truly repent, which leads to a change of attitude.

Hero wrote:
Death over Life wrote:
Alright here is the Truth. Hguols is correct on this issue. Mad props to you Hguols! From what I've seen, it seems you became what you had a distaste for a few months ago in that philosophers vs. unintelligent thread way back when.

Anyways, with that being said, yes, those who commit suicide go to Hell (aka Hades/Sheol which means the Grave). However, despite the fact that those who commit suicide go to Hell, it doesn't mean they aren't saved. Whether they go to the Lake of Fire after the judgement is what should be properly asked.

Everybody goes to Hell, but only the elect will go to Heaven, and the rest will go to the Lake of Fire, where they will be eternally separated from God, which means separation from Life itself and the ability to live. Lake of Fire IS NOT eternal torment and torture. The Lake of Fire is the Final Judgement, which is the 2nd Death, which 2nd death means they are annihilated from existance. This is how God is omnipresent, yet at the same time, the Lake of Fire is separation from God for eternity.

That is not biblical at all. The second death is not annihilation, it is eternal torment. "Fire that will not be quenched". Souls were made immortal. I'm not sure why so many people lately like to believe that the second death is annihilation. It's not.

Also, what is this baloney about everyone going to hell? That's totally wrong too.
Are we reading the same bible?

Totally read between the lines of what I said there, chief.
I wouldn't be surprised if you did the same for Death over Life.

I think I'm noticing a pattern....
You seem to find something to disagree with someone about something on here, to the point of it being in excess. In lieu taking your approach and shoving "the anti-critical spirit" scriptures down your throat to put you in your place, I'll just state that the bonds between brothers and sisters in Christianity works a helluvalot better when you focus on the similarities rather than the differences.

Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
olias

avatar

Number of posts : 2399
Age : 28
Location : USA
Registration date : 2009-07-10
Points : 6088

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:50 pm

Hero wrote:
Death over Life wrote:
Alright here is the Truth. Hguols is correct on this issue. Mad props to you Hguols! From what I've seen, it seems you became what you had a distaste for a few months ago in that philosophers vs. unintelligent thread way back when.

Anyways, with that being said, yes, those who commit suicide go to Hell (aka Hades/Sheol which means the Grave). However, despite the fact that those who commit suicide go to Hell, it doesn't mean they aren't saved. Whether they go to the Lake of Fire after the judgement is what should be properly asked.

Everybody goes to Hell, but only the elect will go to Heaven, and the rest will go to the Lake of Fire, where they will be eternally separated from God, which means separation from Life itself and the ability to live. Lake of Fire IS NOT eternal torment and torture. The Lake of Fire is the Final Judgement, which is the 2nd Death, which 2nd death means they are annihilated from existance. This is how God is omnipresent, yet at the same time, the Lake of Fire is separation from God for eternity.

That is not biblical at all. The second death is not annihilation, it is eternal torment. "Fire that will not be quenched". Souls were made immortal. I'm not sure why so many people lately like to believe that the second death is annihilation. It's not.

Also, what is this baloney about everyone going to hell? That's totally wrong too.
Are we reading the same bible?

There isn't a literal hell of fire, that is a metaphor. Literalist interpretation is not the correct way to read the bible because it wasn't penned in that way, save for the parts that are very clearly histories.
Back to top Go down
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4393

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:05 pm

olias wrote:
Hero wrote:
Death over Life wrote:
Alright here is the Truth. Hguols is correct on this issue. Mad props to you Hguols! From what I've seen, it seems you became what you had a distaste for a few months ago in that philosophers vs. unintelligent thread way back when.

Anyways, with that being said, yes, those who commit suicide go to Hell (aka Hades/Sheol which means the Grave). However, despite the fact that those who commit suicide go to Hell, it doesn't mean they aren't saved. Whether they go to the Lake of Fire after the judgement is what should be properly asked.

Everybody goes to Hell, but only the elect will go to Heaven, and the rest will go to the Lake of Fire, where they will be eternally separated from God, which means separation from Life itself and the ability to live. Lake of Fire IS NOT eternal torment and torture. The Lake of Fire is the Final Judgement, which is the 2nd Death, which 2nd death means they are annihilated from existance. This is how God is omnipresent, yet at the same time, the Lake of Fire is separation from God for eternity.

That is not biblical at all. The second death is not annihilation, it is eternal torment. "Fire that will not be quenched". Souls were made immortal. I'm not sure why so many people lately like to believe that the second death is annihilation. It's not.

Also, what is this baloney about everyone going to hell? That's totally wrong too.
Are we reading the same bible?

There isn't a literal hell of fire, that is a metaphor. Literalist interpretation is not the correct way to read the bible because it wasn't penned in that way, save for the parts that are very clearly histories.

I disagree with this, too.
Some of it is metaphoric, most of it literal.
Back to top Go down
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4393

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Hguols wrote:
Hero wrote:
Hguols wrote:

I'm telling you. ...even though they sin intentionally, they still qualify for salvation.

I disagree with this, to a certain extent.
"A tree that bears no fruits will be cut down and thrown to the fire". This is for those who refuse to abandon their wicked ways and let the Holy Spirit work into them.

Hero wrote:
Hguols wrote:
Not doing God's will is sinning.
They've been paid for.


Only if you truly repent, which leads to a change of attitude.

Hero wrote:
Death over Life wrote:
Alright here is the Truth. Hguols is correct on this issue. Mad props to you Hguols! From what I've seen, it seems you became what you had a distaste for a few months ago in that philosophers vs. unintelligent thread way back when.

Anyways, with that being said, yes, those who commit suicide go to Hell (aka Hades/Sheol which means the Grave). However, despite the fact that those who commit suicide go to Hell, it doesn't mean they aren't saved. Whether they go to the Lake of Fire after the judgement is what should be properly asked.

Everybody goes to Hell, but only the elect will go to Heaven, and the rest will go to the Lake of Fire, where they will be eternally separated from God, which means separation from Life itself and the ability to live. Lake of Fire IS NOT eternal torment and torture. The Lake of Fire is the Final Judgement, which is the 2nd Death, which 2nd death means they are annihilated from existance. This is how God is omnipresent, yet at the same time, the Lake of Fire is separation from God for eternity.

That is not biblical at all. The second death is not annihilation, it is eternal torment. "Fire that will not be quenched". Souls were made immortal. I'm not sure why so many people lately like to believe that the second death is annihilation. It's not.

Also, what is this baloney about everyone going to hell? That's totally wrong too.
Are we reading the same bible?

Totally read between the lines of what I said there, chief.
I wouldn't be surprised if you did the same for Death over Life.

I think I'm noticing a pattern....
You seem to find something to disagree with someone about something on here, to the point of it being in excess. In lieu taking your approach and shoving "the anti-critical spirit" scriptures down your throat to put you in your place, I'll just state that the bonds between brothers and sisters in Christianity works a helluvalot better when you focus on the similarities rather than the differences.


If you think I read between the lines, maybe you should be clearer. And as for Death over Life, I sincerely hope I read in between the lines but I'm afraid I did not.

But you are right when you say that bonds between brothers and sisters work better when we focus on the similarities. But when something is wrong, it needs to be addressed. What else should I have thought?

Be advised though, I do not seek to get into arguing at all, if that is what you think. Most people here could tell whatever they want and for many it would be taken as truth and would only bring confusion. I say this because, in general, few Christians read their bibles. I'm also no expert in the bible, but if I see someone saying something that is completely unbiblical in the same way as if it was, I'm sorry, I'll argue about it. Arguing isn't necesserily bad, although it can lead to that if we do not respect each other. But then again, I can assure you that I respect everyone here. A lot.
Back to top Go down
olias

avatar

Number of posts : 2399
Age : 28
Location : USA
Registration date : 2009-07-10
Points : 6088

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Hero wrote:
olias wrote:
Hero wrote:
Death over Life wrote:
Alright here is the Truth. Hguols is correct on this issue. Mad props to you Hguols! From what I've seen, it seems you became what you had a distaste for a few months ago in that philosophers vs. unintelligent thread way back when.

Anyways, with that being said, yes, those who commit suicide go to Hell (aka Hades/Sheol which means the Grave). However, despite the fact that those who commit suicide go to Hell, it doesn't mean they aren't saved. Whether they go to the Lake of Fire after the judgement is what should be properly asked.

Everybody goes to Hell, but only the elect will go to Heaven, and the rest will go to the Lake of Fire, where they will be eternally separated from God, which means separation from Life itself and the ability to live. Lake of Fire IS NOT eternal torment and torture. The Lake of Fire is the Final Judgement, which is the 2nd Death, which 2nd death means they are annihilated from existance. This is how God is omnipresent, yet at the same time, the Lake of Fire is separation from God for eternity.

That is not biblical at all. The second death is not annihilation, it is eternal torment. "Fire that will not be quenched". Souls were made immortal. I'm not sure why so many people lately like to believe that the second death is annihilation. It's not.

Also, what is this baloney about everyone going to hell? That's totally wrong too.
Are we reading the same bible?

There isn't a literal hell of fire, that is a metaphor. Literalist interpretation is not the correct way to read the bible because it wasn't penned in that way, save for the parts that are very clearly histories.

I disagree with this, too.
Some of it is metaphoric, most of it literal.

Nope. You might want to read the jewish interpretations (after all the old testament is a jewish book), and you will see that most of it is metaphorical.
Back to top Go down
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4393

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:44 pm

The jews crucified Jesus, bro. I am a Jewish descent myself, from the line of Levi. Just to show that I am not against jews or anything. I do not base my understanding of The Bible on other peoples interpretations. I am just saying that the "jewish interpretations" are as good as nothing.
Back to top Go down
olias

avatar

Number of posts : 2399
Age : 28
Location : USA
Registration date : 2009-07-10
Points : 6088

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:55 pm

First of all, your personal interpretation of the bible is exactly that: an interpretation. But it is a question of how much bedrock you have to support your view. Even cursory glance at scripture should be enough to blow literalist assumptions out of the water. The Jewish interpretation have centuries of support to their credit, and to simply turn a blind eye to these sources and say that they are "good as nothing" is a tacit endorsement of willful ignorance to support a view with very shallow roots.

Also it wasn't the Jews who crucified Jesus.

1) At the time Jesus was put to death, the Jewish people did not have the right to put any one to death. They were under the political control of Rome; the Jewish courts were denied the right to deal with capital punishment cases. The only authorities who could legally impose the capital punishment sentence were the Roman rulers.

Then said Pilate to them, Take you him, and judge him according to your law. The Jews therefore said to him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death
(John 18:31)

2) The crucifixion is a Roman punishment, not a Jewish one. The Jewish people never used this particular form of capital punishment. The Romans did in thousands of cases.



Back to top Go down
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 38
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5640

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:15 pm

Hero wrote:

If you think I read between the lines, maybe you should be clearer. And as for Death over Life, I sincerely hope I read in between the lines but I'm afraid I did not.

But you are right when you say that bonds between brothers and sisters work better when we focus on the similarities. But when something is wrong, it needs to be addressed. What else should I have thought?

Be advised though, I do not seek to get into arguing at all, if that is what you think. Most people here could tell whatever they want and for many it would be taken as truth and would only bring confusion. I say this because, in general, few Christians read their bibles. I'm also no expert in the bible, but if I see someone saying something that is completely unbiblical in the same way as if it was, I'm sorry, I'll argue about it. Arguing isn't necesserily bad, although it can lead to that if we do not respect each other. But then again, I can assure you that I respect everyone here. A lot.

The posts you referenced of mine were reiterations to Jonathan. I was "clearer" in earlier posts to answer his direct questions.

When something is wrong, depending on what its about determines on whether or not it should be addressed. Being the topic is whether someone goes to heaven after suicide, and you're picking apart conversations for schematics regarding people "abandoning their wicked ways" and interpretations of hell.... you ARE just looking for an argument.

As far as I'm concerned, someone could believe hell as a William Hung Christmas CD put on repeat while being stuck in a room with 5 angry skunks. Its not my job to fine tune someone's beliefs to my own, especially in regards to something that isn't THAT important. (Whether hell is a lake of fire, or someone rollerblading over your testicles for eternity isn't even the point. The point is to stay out of hell.)

I know this is a fine tuned example and far fetched one at that, but do you see where I'm going with this in the grand scheme of... once again, your approach?

As far as I'm concerned, as long as you have Christ in your heart, you can believe any outlandish thing you want. Have at it. When you take an (unnecessary mind you) approach/stance that affects people here emotionally (like pissing people off), you're damn right I'm going to "argue" with you about that.

I've been guilty of slinging around this "many Christians" phrase, but how many (in real life, media, etc.) Christians do you really KNOW don't read they're bible? Say you know 150 Christians, and only 25 of those actually read their bible.... what about the multi million others? You're stereotyping. Would you like some scriptures that tell you not to do that?

Let me tell you Hero, I respect you as well. In fact, the only thing I don't care for is your approach and addressing methods to people, but I'll tell you this.... it helps me with my own tolerance. After all, the only way I can increase my tolerance points to the next level, is if I'm subjected to someone/something I have to tolerate.

I just wish you'd see the extent of some of the damage you're doing, and perhaps realize that the Bible is a tool to help Christians in their lives and teach others the joy of Christ's love, rather than a weapon to chastise those who you deem as incorrect. It comes across a bit like you're getting off on being some sort of a bible-wielding self-righteous authority figure.

Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Death over Life

avatar

Number of posts : 632
Age : 29
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Points : 4261

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Hero wrote:
Death over Life wrote:
Alright here is the Truth. Hguols is correct on this issue. Mad props to you Hguols! From what I've seen, it seems you became what you had a distaste for a few months ago in that philosophers vs. unintelligent thread way back when.

Anyways, with that being said, yes, those who commit suicide go to Hell (aka Hades/Sheol which means the Grave). However, despite the fact that those who commit suicide go to Hell, it doesn't mean they aren't saved. Whether they go to the Lake of Fire after the judgement is what should be properly asked.

Everybody goes to Hell, but only the elect will go to Heaven, and the rest will go to the Lake of Fire, where they will be eternally separated from God, which means separation from Life itself and the ability to live. Lake of Fire IS NOT eternal torment and torture. The Lake of Fire is the Final Judgement, which is the 2nd Death, which 2nd death means they are annihilated from existance. This is how God is omnipresent, yet at the same time, the Lake of Fire is separation from God for eternity.

That is not biblical at all. The second death is not annihilation, it is eternal torment. "Fire that will not be quenched". Souls were made immortal. I'm not sure why so many people lately like to believe that the second death is annihilation. It's not.

Also, what is this baloney about everyone going to hell? That's totally wrong too.
Are we reading the same bible?

Got proof? My proof lies in Christ’s words and Revelation, along with the proper Translation of the Bible.

The belief of an inherent eternal soul is a belief that originated from Greek Paganism. If what you said is True, then why does Christ say (John 3:16: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall NOT PERISH, but have EVERLASTING LIFE.)?

He uses that language just about every single time He speaks of an afterlife. Even then, the parables point at a death vs. life afterlife instead of a reward vs. punishment. If what you say is True, then Christ is a liar, as we don’t need Christ to have an eternal life. We’ll just be tortured and miserable instead of happy and peaceful.

Hell means the Grave. To say we don’t go to the Grave is simply saying that we will never die, physically or spiritually. I’m assuming Hell means Lake of Fire to you. I’m sorry, but with the exception of a very select few place, that is an extremely inaccurate translation of Hell.

I’m going to create a new thread for this, and I wish for you to bring your side of the story. Don’t reply in this thread. I’ll post the new thread and reply in that thread.

TheBeastSlayer wrote:

Hopefully it doesn't start a which is better war lol.
I think what DoL meant Hero, is that everyone who does not accept salvation goes to hell. "The Elect" probably means those who have accepted Christ.

Sidenote: If you're Catholic, you go straight to hell and commit suicide over and over for eternity. In the same way. Feeling it every time. UNLESS! Your family "receives a blessing" from a church leader (AKA pays them money to "absolve your soul and sins"). And I;m not kidding.
Saw this in a Catholic Encyclopedia once.
Not as blunt, but you get the idea.

ANOTHER SIDENOTE: Hell =/= The Lake of Fire.

Juss Sayin'.

THANK YOU!!! \m/ Grim Banger \m/

Hguols wrote:

Totally read between the lines of what I said there, chief.
I wouldn't be surprised if you did the same for Death over Life.

I think I'm noticing a pattern....
You seem to find something to disagree with someone about something on here, to the point of it being in excess. In lieu taking your approach and shoving "the anti-critical spirit" scriptures down your throat to put you in your place, I'll just state that the bonds between brothers and sisters in Christianity works a helluvalot better when you focus on the similarities rather than the differences.


Trust me, He did. From what I have read, everybody understood the context of my post. I’m just using the “politically correct definition” of the words used, because using the popular definition of the said words was what caused me to be extremely confused and baffled when I’ve found out the True definition of said words.

Dang man, for your’ latter half, I as well need to read that and apply it. Truer words have never been spoken. I’ve got to keep that in mind.

Hero wrote:

If you think I read between the lines, maybe you should be clearer. And as for Death over Life, I sincerely hope I read in between the lines but I'm afraid I did not.

Yeah, you did. Otherwise, you would have pointed out every single thing I said rather than taking a Scripture verse out of context and just using that to blow everything out of it’s proportion for your’ personal view, that is popularly taught within Christianity.

Hero wrote:

But you are right when you say that bonds between brothers and sisters work better when we focus on the similarities. But when something is wrong, it needs to be addressed. What else should I have thought?

You could always ask to explain more, or you could rebuttal it with point by point proof for your’ side of the story. If you really do research it without pre-conceived beliefs already indoctrinated in your’ head, you will discover the same thing. This isn’t me shoving what I believe down your throat, this is me just saying, research on what you are disagreeing with and see if it really doesn’t line up with the Bible, or if perhaps it really does after all.

Hero wrote:

Be advised though, I do not seek to get into arguing at all, if that is what you think. Most people here could tell whatever they want and for many it would be taken as truth and would only bring confusion. I say this because, in general, few Christians read their bibles. I'm also no expert in the bible, but if I see someone saying something that is completely unbiblical in the same way as if it was, I'm sorry, I'll argue about it. Arguing isn't necesserily bad, although it can lead to that if we do not respect each other. But then again, I can assure you that I respect everyone here. A lot.

I haven’t read the entire Bible yet, but let me tell you, I’ve been reading the Bible quite frequently. I’m not boasting, I’m informing you I’m not pulling what I’m saying out of my butt. The belief of an inherent eternal soul with eternal reward vs. eternal punishment was what really drew the confusion, but after Truly researching and coming to what I’ve come to, what I believe makes absolute perfect sense.

Since you see that what I said is completely unbiblical, I’ll let you back up your’ claims. I’ll still respect a ton out of you even after the debating is done.

Here's the thread:

http://www.blabberboard.net/theology-f10/2nd-death-eternal-torment-annihilationism-t6007.htm#121002
Back to top Go down
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4393

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Hguols wrote:
Hero wrote:

If you think I read between the lines, maybe you should be clearer. And as for Death over Life, I sincerely hope I read in between the lines but I'm afraid I did not.

But you are right when you say that bonds between brothers and sisters work better when we focus on the similarities. But when something is wrong, it needs to be addressed. What else should I have thought?

Be advised though, I do not seek to get into arguing at all, if that is what you think. Most people here could tell whatever they want and for many it would be taken as truth and would only bring confusion. I say this because, in general, few Christians read their bibles. I'm also no expert in the bible, but if I see someone saying something that is completely unbiblical in the same way as if it was, I'm sorry, I'll argue about it. Arguing isn't necesserily bad, although it can lead to that if we do not respect each other. But then again, I can assure you that I respect everyone here. A lot.

The posts you referenced of mine were reiterations to Jonathan. I was "clearer" in earlier posts to answer his direct questions.

When something is wrong, depending on what its about determines on whether or not it should be addressed. Being the topic is whether someone goes to heaven after suicide, and you're picking apart conversations for schematics regarding people "abandoning their wicked ways" and interpretations of hell.... you ARE just looking for an argument.

As far as I'm concerned, someone could believe hell as a William Hung Christmas CD put on repeat while being stuck in a room with 5 angry skunks. Its not my job to fine tune someone's beliefs to my own, especially in regards to something that isn't THAT important. (Whether hell is a lake of fire, or someone rollerblading over your testicles for eternity isn't even the point. The point is to stay out of hell.)

I know this is a fine tuned example and far fetched one at that, but do you see where I'm going with this in the grand scheme of... once again, your approach?

As far as I'm concerned, as long as you have Christ in your heart, you can believe any outlandish thing you want. Have at it. When you take an (unnecessary mind you) approach/stance that affects people here emotionally (like pissing people off), you're damn right I'm going to "argue" with you about that.

I've been guilty of slinging around this "many Christians" phrase, but how many (in real life, media, etc.) Christians do you really KNOW don't read they're bible? Say you know 150 Christians, and only 25 of those actually read their bible.... what about the multi million others? You're stereotyping. Would you like some scriptures that tell you not to do that?

Let me tell you Hero, I respect you as well. In fact, the only thing I don't care for is your approach and addressing methods to people, but I'll tell you this.... it helps me with my own tolerance. After all, the only way I can increase my tolerance points to the next level, is if I'm subjected to someone/something I have to tolerate.

I just wish you'd see the extent of some of the damage you're doing, and perhaps realize that the Bible is a tool to help Christians in their lives and teach others the joy of Christ's love, rather than a weapon to chastise those who you deem as incorrect. It comes across a bit like you're getting off on being some sort of a bible-wielding self-righteous authority figure.


I understand how you don't like my approach. Sometimes it's not the best. But there is something that bugs me on this board and in life in general; the way most Christians take important things so lightly. Like neglecting repentance to a certain extent. I am no judge and will never condemn anyone. But you can still judge a tree by it's fruits. I find it's a terrible thing to live in filth and willful ignorance.

Also, while sometimes my approach isn't as good as it could be, take a few seconds to change the perspective a little. Getting people pissed is a bad thing... Generally. But some people just don't care about what's right and just. And saying whatever good things will get them pissed anyways. I'm no saint, no martyr, no judge, but I've felt this more than once where my intentions were as pure as white when I brought something up. No matter the approach, sometimes, it's the message people have a problem with.

I did jump to the conclusions with death over life too quick, and for that I apologize. I'll be discussing this with him in the next few days in another topic.
Back to top Go down
Shamax

avatar

Number of posts : 701
Age : 40
Location : Charleston, WV
Registration date : 2008-11-09
Points : 4339

PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:22 pm

Hguols wrote:
I just wish you'd see the extent of some of the damage you're doing, and perhaps realize that the Bible is a tool to help Christians in their lives and teach others the joy of Christ's love, rather than a weapon to chastise those who you deem as incorrect.

Actually... it's both...

2 Tim 3:16-17 wrote:

16All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work

It should always be done with gentleness and reverence for our brethren in Christ, but the fact remains that sometimes even the nicest, most peaceful, and always-focus-on-the-good people *do* wind-up believing untruths. Scripture is our medicine, corrective, and ultimate encouragement.

Say what you will about Hero, some of us need some cold water in face with a lot of the stuff I see going around the boards these days (not talking about you, Tom, just talking more in general).

So.. Cheers, Hero for the Jude 1:3 love.

...just make sure to measure it with a heaping helping of 1 Peter 3:15 (that last clause).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Shamax
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?   

Back to top Go down
 

If a person commits suicide, will they go to hell?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Theology-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com